Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My wyvern army barely doesn’t get one rounded...

I said "unbeatable if you don't have a wyvern army." I didn't say "beatable if you do have a wyvern army." A subtle, but important difference. The only reason the wyvern army is capable of getting through is that you can use them to hopefully cheese the map by nuking the boss or avoiding the aggro areas or something like that.

I honestly have to wonder, jokes aside, if they playtested this difficulty at all. This map is such a blatant roadblock that there's no way it could've slipped past them, unless they just didn't bother and assumed everything was fine.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s too early to give up!

See, this is where you see the difference between you and me. You love the game to pieces, so you're willing to persevere in an attempt to not let this map sour your opinion on the game. I was very much on the fence about the game at this point, and this map firmly cemented my place on the "I hate it" side.

All I can say is, I hope you succeed, man. But I hope success doesn't lead you to defend this horseshit, because there's no reasonable defense for this crap.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I honestly have to wonder, jokes aside, if they playtested this difficulty at all. This map is such a blatant roadblock that there's no way it could've slipped past them, unless they just didn't bother and assumed everything was fine.

Honestly? I genuinely do not think they did.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, this is where you see the difference between you and me. You love the game to pieces, so you're willing to persevere in an attempt to not let this map sour your opinion on the game. I was very much on the fence about the game at this point, and this map firmly cemented my place on the "I hate it" side.

All I can say is, I hope you succeed, man. But I hope success doesn't lead you to defend this horseshit, because there's no reasonable defense for this crap.

I just want the golden title screen...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

>Uses three "damage dealt=HP restore" moves in a row

The nosferatu bosses in FE6 be like.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I just want the golden title screen...

Noble goal if there ever was one. Good luck. You're... you're gonna need it, all right. Or you can just go Crimson Flower and actually have fun.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Armagon said:

>Baten Kaitos final boss, second phase

>Uses three "damage dealt=HP restore" moves in a row

LeaBruh.png

I'm so glad i'm cheating lol.

I knew you wouldn't like that.

Do I blame the inability of the system to target multiple allies/enemies at once? Maybe, to some extent. 

And I don't mean to pester you, but I assume you found this Magnus?:

Spoiler

Rare-Action-Figure.png

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Me thinking about Vestaria's route split.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The nosferatu bosses in FE6 be like.

Yeah, but there it's just Rutger go brrr.

Oh wait, you don't like the edge swordsmen. How about "Dieck go brrr"?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do I blame the inability of the system to target multiple allies/enemies at once? Maybe, to some extent. 

It's really weird in general how there's no AoE in this JRPG at all.

I mean, i guess it'd make blocking a pain in the ass (even though that's like 30% of my experience, i'll talk about it later) but i guess in this particular game, lack of AoE is simultaneously a blessing and a curse.

Anyways i think i just beat the final boss unless there's a third phase. Unless unless that third phase is just the cinematic "final fight" like Ouroborous in Xenogears.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I don't mean to pester you, but I assume you found this Magnus?:

I don't think so.

I am not surprised it's there tho.

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Noble goal if there ever was one. Good luck. You're... you're gonna need it, all right. Or you can just go Crimson Flower and actually have fun.

Or I could be able to say that I beat Reunion at Dawn on maddening.

Is the noble goal part sarcasm? I’m not continuing out of a supreme love for the game, I just don’t want to quit quite yet, I was genuinely having fun. And I might be able to do this. And golden title screen.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me thinking about Vestaria's route split.

Come now, don't compare those. The Vestaria forced split is iffy, but the requirements to beat chapter 13 on Maddening are so absurdly steep that there's absolutely no way you're going to get through blind without going on the internet and figuring out a way to cheese it. And that's only if you've got an army of wyverns.

Yeah, but there it's just Rutger go brrr.

Oh wait, you don't like the edge swordsmen. How about "Dieck go brrr"?

My entire ironman was "Lot tanks the whole world while Marcus gets perfect levels and the rest of the army dies."

Make of that what you will.

Or I could be able to say that I beat Reunion at Dawn on maddening.

Oh yeah, bragging rights is great.

Is the noble goal part sarcasm? I’m not continuing out of a supreme love for the game, I just don’t want to quit quite yet, I was genuinely having fun.

I mean, yeah, I kinda was too, before chapter 13. I just don't find chapter 13 to be worth playing, but hey, you do you.

Plus, I didn't have a wyvern army like you. My only flier was Claude, and he was utterly useless because of the RNG screwage. You're certainly in a better position than I was.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Vestaria route split made me quit the game.

Yeah but you're wrong.

Honestly though, I don't see it. The Vestaria split at least mantains your entire army. If you didn't use the very specific 8 units that chapter 13 allows for, didn't make them all wyverns and didn't get lucky with their stats, you're fucked. Far easier to screw yourself over in Three Houses Maddening than in Vestaria.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So if I don’t quit the game here it must be better than Vestaria. Genius!

True!

LeaSmug.png

Yeah, now you're just trying to make me angry.

And you're succeeding, so if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to dying in Spelunky 2 and getting... even more angry.

I need Lego Star Wars to come out already, I need a relaxing game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly though, I don't see it. The Vestaria split at least mantains your entire army. If you didn't use the very specific 8 units that chapter 13 allows for, didn't make them all wyverns and didn't get lucky with their stats, you're fucked. Far easier to screw yourself over in Three Houses Maddening than in Vestaria.

Counterpoint: Vestaria has one difficulty.

Reuinon at Dawn is shitty overall, I am in 100% in agreement. But the soft-lock can only happen on the highest (and also worst) difficulty.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

need Lego Star Wars to come out already, I need a relaxing game.

Real talk, let me know how that goes. Cause I am interested in it but it's definitely lower on the priority list for me.

If we're talking about quitting games and finishing other games thus the latter are better, What does that say about me and SDatBoL?

Or..... Shit I am bad at bothering picking up bad games on purpose. I mean I could say I did more with Pokemon Y than Moon, but that doesn't say that Y's a much better game.

Reuinon at Dawn is shitty overall, I am in 100% in agreement. But the soft-lock can only happen on the highest (and also worst) difficulty.

I mean somebody could hypothetically lock themselves on a lower difficulty, but I'll only be impressed if we hear factual proof of it happening on Normal.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I need Lego Star Wars to come out already, I need a relaxing game.

Don’t jinx it!

I hope I’ll still enjoy it as much as I did when I was younger

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean somebody could hypothetically lock themselves on a lower difficulty, but I'll only be impressed if we hear factual proof of it happening on Normal.

Normal mode auto levels your units to 20 if they’re below it for this chapter.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If we're talking about quitting games and finishing other games thus the latter are better, What does that say about me and SDatBoL?

Screenshot_20180919-080920_1.jpg?width=2

Side note, i keep reading SDatBoL as "Dat Boi" and thus, sending myself back in time to 2016.

Just now, Armagon said:

Counterpoint: Vestaria has one difficulty.

A fair counterpoint. I mean, I've said a hundred times why "just go hard" doesn't work for me, but I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to that.

On the other hand, I will say that Vestaria has enough deployment slots that you can reasonably train a ton of people, enough that the route split fucking you over is not as likely as it could be. Three Houses gives you 8-10 slots for the entire game. Another thing that I dislike about it, honestly.

Just now, Armagon said:

Real talk, let me know how that goes. Cause I am interested in it but it's definitely lower on the priority list for me.

Sure, will do. Not that there's much to say at the moment. Everyone on the lookout for the game is starved for news at this point. They say tomorrow there's this Sony event and we might get a release date then... or not. Could go both ways. I'll be sure to post about it.

Until then, though, I really need something relaxing. Spelunky 2 is fun but also way too infuriating, and I'm not playing anything else at the moment. I might start a new LP soon. Writing lame jokes for my four three(?) fans is always a chill pastime, and I know exactly what game to play next.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Spelunky 2 is fun but also way too infuriating,

Roguelike-moment.

I felt the same way with Hades except with Hades it's arguably worse because it's like the only roguelike to have an actual story and completing it requires you beating the game 10 times so you can see the full plot.

Hades is fun, don't get me wrong, but when even the "roguelike for people who don't like roguelikes" was pissing me off, i knew the genre was not for me.

Roguelike-moment.

I felt the same way with Hades except with Hades it's arguably worse because it's like the only roguelike to have an actual story and completing it requires you beating the game 10 times so you can see the full plot.

Hades is fun, don't get me wrong, but when even the "roguelike for people who don't like roguelikes" was pissing me off, i knew the genre was not for me.

Yeah, that's fair. Doesn't help that I'm trying to get the low scorer achievement of Spelunky 2. What that means is that every tiny piece of gold is effectively an instant kill. Think Mario, but every time you touch a coin Mario explodes into a million tiny pieces. Fun, right?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Normal mode auto levels your units to 20 if they’re below it for this chapter.

Hence why I said I'd be impressed.

Speaking of impressing, what's the current look with the map?

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Speaking of impressing, what's the current look with the map?

I’m gonna try to get everyone to the northwest without aggroing many enemies and see how that goes.