• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Benice said:

HOW DOES A SWIMSUIT GIVE YOU ALMOST 190 DEFENSE

Reminds me there's DLC Bikini Armor in Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold that gives ^^^ Fire/Ice/Volt resist, which I think means 50%. It provides just 1 defense, but IIRC, armor barely matters in the EOU2 damage formula, and elemental attacks are usually fairly strong, so the bikini ends up being very viable. And it can be equipped by class, including Beasts, so let the image of a panda/brown bear or tiger or wolf in a bikini enter your mind.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Also wow, their original artstyle looks so weird to me now.

Agreed. But hey, sometimes in ages past that happened *cringes at thoughts of NES FE artwork*.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_5487.png

Ok this is raw as hell. KOS-MOS passes her lightsaber to Fiora so she can do Monado Buster.

Considering Fiora seeming attained equal Monado-user status as Shulk once Meyneth got inside her, I think I like this. She never got to be an independent "Monado Girl" they way Shulk was the "Monado Boy". Do you get what I mean?

And what is KOS-MOS wearing? A MOMO cosplay?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She never got to be an independent "Monado Girl" they way Shulk was the "Monado Boy".

As someone who's never played Xenoblade, it's funny that Monado Girl also immediately came to mind.

And yes, I have probably been spoiled a ton.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering Fiora seeming attained equal Monado-user status as Shulk once Meyneth got inside her, I think I like this. She never got to be an independent "Monado Girl" they way Shulk was the "Monado Boy". Do you get what I mean?

Yeah, i get what you're saying. Fiora does use Final Cross in the duo's Multi-Attack (which i haven't unlocked yet), which has always been her ultimate attack, but it's nice that she does get to use at least something similar to the Monado.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And what is KOS-MOS wearing? A MOMO cosplay?

Looks like it.

I mean, if this attack is referencing other characters, might as well.

28 minutes ago, Dayni said:

As someone who's never played Xenoblade, it's funny that Monado Girl also immediately came to mind.

And yes, I have probably been spoiled a ton.

Sorry I'm to blame, and sometimes spoilage happens regardless most unfortunately.

---

My eyes right now are a little weary from looking too long at electric screens, I think I'll step outside and read. My library just so happened to have a one-volume comprehensive history of the entirety of the Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire. It's three-decades old, but I'm told it's the best book out there on the subject. Byzantium is a weak spot in my historical knowledge, so this ought to be useful. The librarian said I might need to renew it, 853 pages excluding the glossary and bibliography explains why.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry I'm to blame, and sometimes spoilage happens regardless most unfortunately.

Nope, you're definitely not at fault here.

That's on SSBU. And just good old osmosis.

Been all afternoon visiting the family. It was nice.

In a little bit I'll continue the Rev run. Gotta say, the last arc left me quite happy. Good maps, killing off the remaining royals, Alight and Alight's Conquest Equivalent Whose Name I Forgot Again one after the other, Fates's best girl the generic strategist joined the team right at the last second, everyone promoted... Good stuff, good stuff. I can only hope the Valla arc will be half as good.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I always love how Corrin acts like he’s never heard Azura’s song before in chapter 15.

I love how nobody can recognize her even though all she did was put on a transparent veil. But more than that, I love how that isn't the first time in the series where a ridiculously obvious "disguise" works.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

😬

Don't make that face. There's nothing wrong with being hyped for Garon scenes.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Kana’s paralogue is also against Vallites, unless it changes across genders. Or you’re talking about the funny bosses, but they aren’t generics.

Ooohh yeah, I had forgotten. Yeah, that's a shame, then. Might not even bother with the map, in that case. I'm past the need for grinding maps. Might still marry Fuga just to see what Kana's hair looks like then. Imagine bald Kana. I doubt it, but it'd be amazing.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

So I’m guessing that chapter 15 isn’t balanced around having a promoted Corrin who was promoted at level 20 because he’s just sort of… one rounding everything.

Eh. In my experience, at least in hard mode, that chapter is pretty easy. Even if your Corrin is bad, Gunter can handle everything easily.

Chapter 16 is history. I think it went fantastically, I routed the entire map while still obtaining 6700 gold. 6700 gold is okay, but I made the choice to go for exp over gold about halfway through the map (I could have ended it a few turns quicker), since I’m already good on gold and Percy and Elise were both close to promoting, plus the extra combat would allow me to get some more support points for the pairings I’m working on. I achieved my goal of getting Mozu to level 20 and then promoted her to Sniper, which will be very helpful in the chapter, I imagine. The only thing that bothers me is that her weapon rank is only a little ways off from B rank, which is what she needs for a silver bow. I bought one for her hoping that she’ll achieve the weapon rank during the next chapter, and I also bought her a killer bow because sniper is when Mozu becomes a crit goddess. Elise also hit level 20 so I promoted her as well, I chose strategist because obviously. Percy got very very close to level 20, he’s at level 19 right now, so I bought him a master seal hoping he’ll hit 20 in the next chapter, because wyvern lord Percy would be incredibly helpful, I think. The next chapter gives me an extra deployment slot, and I don’t really have anyone to use it so I’ll probably bring out Kumagera for this chapter like Ruben suggested. Which will hopefully make him happy enough to not smite me, because I maybe sort of killed Shura for boots. Hold on, hold on! I know Shura individually is much better than a pair of boots but I just have no room for him, don’t want to use him and I’ll get Nina soonish, who can be a “walking pair of boots” and bring thief utility while actually be able to heal well and probably do more damage then him. So yeah… RIP Shura. Because of this extra deployment slot, I think I’ll do at least one of the paralogues after chapter 17 because not only will I get a better use for the extra deployment slot, chapter 18 is where kids start getting offspring seals so I don’t have to spend gold to promote them. If I only get one kid then, it will almost certainly be Ophelia because her paralogue has great loot. Then I spent 20 minutes trying to decide what I should spend my dragon vein point on in my castle before deciding I should recruit Kumagera first. Fun times.

Up next is the first bad map.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can only hope the Valla arc will be half as good.

😬

I love how nobody can recognize her even though all she did was put on a transparent veil. But more than that, I love how that isn't the first time in the series where a ridiculously obvious "disguise" works.

I love how everyone watches the dancer summon water and wave it around while dancing and don’t immediately think of Azura like having water powers is a common ability. Or even an ability that literally anyone else has.

Don't make that face. There's nothing wrong with being hyped for Garon scenes.

Well, you might like Garon’s next scene. If memory serves, it’s a little funny, unless there’s one in between that I’m forgetting.

Ooohh yeah, I had forgotten. Yeah, that's a shame, then. Might not even bother with the map, in that case. I'm past the need for grinding maps. Might still marry Fuga just to see what Kana's hair looks like then. Imagine bald Kana. I doubt it, but it'd be amazing.

Well, your Kana will look generic and his growths will be garbage, so if you get an extra deployment slot, seeing as how you won’t be able to capture for the rest of the game, you could try getting him in the late game.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

RIP Shura.

Scum.

deciding I should recruit Kumagera

Yes.

The next chapter gives me an extra deployment slot, and I don’t really have anyone to use it so I’ll probably bring out Kumagera for this chapter like Ruben suggested. Which will hopefully make him happy enough to not smite me

Thin fuckin' ice, Sooks. Thin fuckin' ice.

Well, your Kana will look generic and his growths will be garbage, so if you get an extra deployment slot, seeing as how you won’t be able to capture for the rest of the game, you could try getting him in the late game.

Kana can sit on the bench. Fuga is the one and only exception, and even then that's only if the game gives me another deployment slot. No generics are getting booted for him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Scum.

I feel like it could make sense, considering it matches the other routes in that he never gets to kill Kotaro

It's a really funny joke from Revelation to unlock the level 2 prison right when it becomes completely useless.

Anyway, chapter 18. Protagonist must convince her siblings to jump. She has three options:

1. Insist on the urgency of the matter and ask them to believe in her as they did when they joined her.

2. Jump herself first to show them she knows what she's doing, leave it to Azura to finish convincing them if there are any doubts left after that.

3. Commit fucking suicide.

This game. I love this game.

Aaaaanyway, person arrived and his voice is barely distorted, you can totally tell who he is. To be honest, I think the uneven walls are more of a danger than him. Every time I see the "falling into the canyon" cutscene it feels like the characters only make it to Valla through sheer luck.

Of course, not every character made it to Valla. That was so arbitrary, just like Izana's death. Why does Revelation do these things? So pointless...

Just now, Dayni said:

I feel like it could make sense, considering it matches the other routes in that he never gets to kill Kotaro

His confrontation with Kotaro is so good, though...

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I love how everyone watches the dancer summon water and wave it around while dancing and don’t immediately think of Azura like having water powers is a common ability. Or even an ability that literally anyone else has.

I mean, this is a world where people can do that with ice, wind, and fire. Now true, it's the Vallites the ones with the water ability, so it still shouldn't be common, but still...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, on second thought, I think I'll wait till tomorrow to do this. Just seeing the map has left me exhausted.

Welcome to Valla.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, this is a world where people can do that with ice, wind, and fire. Now true, it's the Vallites the ones with the water ability, so it still shouldn't be common, but still...

Well yeah, but because it’s not common and Azura is probably the only person anyone knows to have that ability, people should still be making the connection. Arete probably had that ability as well, so it might have become public knowledge when she was queen, but Azura is Arete’s daughter, so she should still be everyone’s first conclusion.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Come to think about it, the fact this never really connected with me while playing is disappointing to me.

There also was a Lightning tribe at some stage in development who'd show up in the chapter where you face Keaton. I wonder how much the elements were discussed in the writing of Fates's setting.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

uED7c3B.png

K4Z3CrF.png

In character for Kaga to commit war crimes 😛

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Welcome to Valla.

To be honest, the map doesn't look bad. Having to cart Protagonist around to use dragon veins will be tiresome, but beyond that... Using the sigils smartly to kill groups of enemies quickly sounds interesting enough.

It's just... well, not what I want to get up to this late.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Again, Fates be a bit dumb.

Fates is big dumb. And I love it for it.

7 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Killing Shura should be a war crime.

Fucking preach. Shura deserves better.

Edited by Saint Rubenio