• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The combat in Other M is much closer to what i like about the 2D games so i liked it.

Actually, I've kinda heard a secondary complaint that the combat is too automated; and in a separate complaint too melee-oriented, which along with the melee counter technique in Samus Returns was a mistake.

As for the entire review, of course I have no qualms. I'm not going to make the mistake of complaining about a game I've never played, and I still wouldn't complain even if I had.🙂

Ultimately, I'd dismiss the rabid critics with reminders that the material world is impermanent, filled with suffering, and that suffering is caused by the craving for material things. So if they want an end to their disappointment with the Metroid franchise, they should give up on wanting to play video games altogether. ☸️

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I had my ears cleaned by the otolaryngologist. Beautiful word that is.

"Aphthartodocetism" is the biggest word that I've encountered recently. I think I could pronounce it, but it pains me merely mentally trying to say it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Also, I like how you used Clarisee's wounded portrait instead of her normal one for some reason.

That was the first one I found. As you can tell, I wasn't in the mood to put effort into cleaning her Heroes portrait, so this just makes sense.

This being DSFE, I can barely tell a difference regardless.

Gaggles is now the Gaggler.

That was an alternate option, but I was first trying to find an image of Young Boba saying Yippee for it, so that was stuck in my head after I failed.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Aphthartodocetism

I'm attempting this, but I almost feel like I need a space in between the odo.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

ubjv8di89lg71.png

Shame Marie didn't call him dude, it'd make the transition easier.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is when you should've realized the game would actually be perfectly fine. It's not the first time we've seen a game get hated because people ignore everything that isn't the text, now, is it?

People hate Other M as a whole but they're all just mean.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, I've kinda heard a secondary complaint that the combat is too automated

I'm not sure if there's anything besides the lock-on that's automated, and that's only for the "main" mode.

I do think the biggest flaw with the combat is how restoring missiles and health works but it's not a huge deal.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Aphthartodocetism" is the biggest word that I've encountered recently. I think I could pronounce it, but it pains me merely mentally trying to say it.

That word is just a work of art.

46 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That was an alternate option, but I was first trying to find an image of Young Boba saying Yippee for it, so that was stuck in my head after I failed.

R.I.P.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People hate Other M as a whole but they're all just mean.

And wrong. Never forget wrong.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And wrong. Never forget wrong.

It's ok Ruben. Other M haters are simply blinded. Only Other M enjoyers can truly become enlightened.

Ahahahah! Yes! I did it! For the first time, I have defeated Cid in chapter 5x! And I didn't even need any crits. Hell yeah.

For those of you unfamiliar with The Last Promise, Cid is a level 7 halberdier. You know, around the time my units are level 8 unpromoted tops. That being said, Siegfried, one of the lords, is a prepromote with huge experience gains and Sedgar/Wolf tier growths. By giving him a lancereaver and enough experience (he gains as much experience from fighting as he does from killing, so he can grow really quick by just Jeiganing), it's possible to defeat Cid and get the droppable boots he's carrying. Why is he carrying boots when he's supposed to be unbeatable? I dunno. This hack is fascinating at times.

Anyway, Kevin's definitely getting those boots.

Gxliginc o

I mean, of course he is. Look at him. How can I not give the meme boots to this person? It's just perfect.

AH! I can decompress/Recompress Trails data, but the game refuses to load up! Back to the drawing board... 

Its starting to actually get to me, and im gonna figure this out if its the last thing I do, honestly.

Man, one of my favorite artists has deactivated their account 😢

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Was it due to threats?

I don't know, I don't speak japanese. The artist didn't post anything controversial, so I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Deviantart account?

Nope, Twitter.

Genealogy spoilers

Spoiler

I now know how it felt to be set on fire at Belhalla

Actually felt pain listening to this. We somehow went from one of the best SSBU remixes to this. This isn't a "Oh it's just shit" kind of deal, it just hurt to hear this track with airhorns.

The volume did not help.

7 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I don't know, I don't speak japanese. The artist didn't post anything controversial, so I don't think so.

I don't think you need to be controversial to be hounded, but still I have to assume something happened. Maybe someone decided this artist should be threatened, or copyright stiffs being their usual selves.

I can't speak on the situation more than in generalities admittedly.

2 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Man, one of my favorite artists has deactivated their account 😢

Oh no, where will you get your hentai now?

Jokes aside, that's too bad.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Actually felt pain listening to this.

It's certainly not a pleasant sound.

Probably not as painful as burning to death, though.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's certainly not a pleasant sound.

Wdym, that's what burning to death sounds like.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, where will you get your hentai now?

I don't read/watch hentai anymore.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wdym, that's what burning to death sounds like.

If I was Sigurd, I would've simply not died.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I don't think you need to be controversial to be hounded, but still I have to assume something happened. Maybe someone decided this artist should be threatened, or copyright stiffs being their usual selves.

Maybe they were just tired. I do not think that copyright was an issue, never seen someone fanarts being persecuted for it.

Edited by Ghost_06_

25 hours into Atelier Firis and I still kinda don't understand how alchemy works in this game. I just throw things into the pot.

But I at least see the line of logic, unlike in Atelier Ayesha.

Edited by Armagon