Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Is Fates Lunatic as complex as Trails Zero Nightmare was? Interesting but not artificial?

Rev isn't, with the stat inflation.

Not sure on Birthright.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I do agree with 06 tho that marrying Niles to Mozu to get Archer class kis (quick draw + Bow Faire) could make him real good. Especially with Archer fixing his growth a bit.

I did have a Mozu!Nina with that kit once iirc. Let her inherit Bow Faire and she learned Shuriken Breaker, and she helped alot in Ryoma's map

Hinata and Hana have been unironically MVP every map so far lol

0S75KPy.png

every time

Hinata will probably fall off.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, you don’t like dungeons? If you don’t mind, why do you even like Zelda then? I always felt like dungeons were kind of the point.

Dungeons are an integral point of Zelda, but they aren't the only point. The "overworld" exists to hide and space out the dungeons, but the overworld itself has developed with the passing of time.

• LoZ1- Yeah it mostly sinews connecting the bones and muscles that is the dungeons.
  • AoL kinda made the overworld more relevant with the action-platformer segments and little quests for spells in the towns
  • ALttP- Feels more like LoZ1, but it's much more beautiful and cohesive, with an allure all its own.
  • Ocarina of Time- Hyrule Field is super empty, but for the time, the whole of the 3D overworld was novel.
  • Majora's Mask might mark a turning point wherein it became more palpably relevant and content-filled.
  • Wind Waker diminishes the dungeons in favor of the Great Sea.
  • I forget TP in this regard.
  • Skyward Sword dungeonized most of the overworld, The Surface portion, if you ask me.
  • But then Breath of the Wild went in an opposing direction, atomizing the dungeons into mostly little shrines and four beasts.

Personally I enjoy a good dungeon and getting to it snappily, I love A Link Between Worlds, but the overworld has taken on a life of its own. And perhaps it always has, even in LoZ1 if you consider video games were infants back then and people hadn't see stuff like that open world of brown and green bushes and rocks before.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

AoL kinda made the overworld more relevant with the action-platformer segments and little quests for spells in the towns

True hell: the adventures of Link. Xd

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wStWT6X.png

No Azama Hex

Game just got like 20% easier xD

I find it cute they gave her counter to compensate for her not having his personal.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

True hell: the adventures of Link. Xd

We need a Zelda XXI: Another Adventure of Link. As black sheepish as it is, the Metroidvania genre been invented and soared in the decades since it was made, and Metroidvania isn't that far off from what AoL plays like. Although perhaps Nintendo should consider indulging fan cravings and put Link in a cursed snooze in favor of playable Zelda.

I'd suggest maybe WayForward for the little project, since Shantae has had 2D side-perspective dungeons. They are in good standings with Nintendo, given they were handed the Advance Wars visual remake. However, I'm not sure WayForward would be entirely qualified for it, I was somewhat disappointed by Shantae & the Seven Sirens. They've the potential, but they'd need to be loaned a few Nintendo employees and additional resources to shore up their weaknesses.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

wStWT6X.png

No Azama Hex

Game just got like 20% easier xD

It'll be weird come Hinoka 2. Beruka is a flier and can therefore benefit from the map's gimmick, but, she'll be immobile since she replaces Azama, without the two Hexing Rods that justified his immobility.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

We need a Zelda XXI: Another Adventure of Link. As black sheepish as it is, the Metroidvania genre been invented and soared in the decades since it was made, and Metroidvania isn't that far off from what AoL plays like. Although perhaps Nintendo should consider indulging fan cravings and put Link in a cursed snooze in favor of playable Zelda.

The game is fine, they just have horrible guidance and hitboxes (oh god, the hitboxes)

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, you don’t like dungeons? If you don’t mind, why do you even like Zelda then? I always felt like dungeons were kind of the point.

Well, no. Most Zelda games don't have dungeons as the center attraction. There's usually an overworld of some kind to offer exploration as a way of breaking up the dungeon aspect, along with plot and side quests to keep things fresh.

Dungeons taking a back seat is why you see games like BotW and WW as my favorite Zelda games. They either don't plunk you down in a bunch of rooms that takes too long to get through, or if they put you in a more complex dungeon, the solution is straightforward and doesn't waste your time, so you can keep pressing forward to go kill the boss. That's also why I thought the Divine Beasts and shrines were perfectly fine. You have many bite-sized puzzles, and a few longer puzzling objectives, but nothing that distracts from the adventure for too long. MM is the same, if not even more in the reverse, where the most interesting parts of the game happen outside of the dungeons.

For me, adventure, exploration, and story are the main draws in Zelda, not dungeons (Zelda is an action-adventure series first and foremost, after all). Even games like Ocarina and TP had some decently sized areas to mess around in so the higher number of dungeons never felt too constricting, unlike SS, which had no meaningful overworld and no incentive for exploration, more often than not.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It'll be weird come Hinoka 2. Beruka is a flier and can therefore benefit from the map's gimmick, but, she'll be immobile since she replaces Azama, without the two Hexing Rods that justified his immobility.

🤔

Maybe she will be mobile there? Otherwise map will become like 50% easier lol

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Dungeons taking a back seat is why you see games like BotW and WW as my favorite Zelda games. They either don't plunk you down in a bunch of rooms that takes too long to get through,

But, Wind Waker's sailing takes too long. XD

Not to mention its 70% open space of... Nothing.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I just noticed steel and sting shurikens have dagger icons. Someone who is familiar with the icon mod, is that normal or is the mod bugged on my end?

No matter how inaccurate it is, no weapon icon is as hideous as FE4's Mistletainn. That thing is ugly, plain and simple. Xd

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

No matter how inaccurate it is, no weapon icon is as hideous as FE4's Mistletainn. That thing is ugly, plain and simple. Xd

Well, as it turns out, the icons are accurate. I had never noticed, but steel shurikens really do kinda look like daggers. Go figure.

As for Mistletainn... Well, I'd love to check, but our internet is still down and my phone's internet is super slow right now for some reason. Sooo yeah. I'll take your word for it.

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

don't remember the Lost Sinner being any trouble at all...Did you light the oil beacons that light up the Lost Sinner's arena before the fight, or did you face her in the dark?

I was fighting in the dark, but I don't think that gave me any troubles. I did only have three estus and my agility was still at base, so my dodges more often than not did get hit.

As for hitboxes, they have always been a little wonky, even in DS1.

DS1 certainly had its moments, (Fire/explosian hitboxes, Titanite demons and the BK longswords gave me the most issues there) but generally, I could understand why I was hit, or at least how to avoid getting hit again; thanks to Agility, I didn't have that in DS2, and there are some absolutely massive hitboxes in this game that matter more due to how hard it is to estus, as well as a few times where an attack just went straight through me. So maybe it's not the hitboxes that are wrong, but the hit detection is a lot more sussy in this game nonetheless.

Plus, one of my biggest complaints was the sheer lack of healing in the earlygame that made exploration of some levels way more annoying than necessary, since I could essentially make 2-4 mistakes before having extremely limited healing, which is something I really disliked, and having more Estus is the biggest reason I've enjoyed the parts after Sinner's Rise more than the areas before it.

I think the biggest thing is that the game so slow and, for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, not as satisfying, and in tandem with adaptability and the numerous gang encounters that are occasionally unavoidable, such as the guys with whips and spears in Huntsman's copse who group aggro from their pillars, makes the game less fun for me. I have enjoyed some of it for sure, but simply in terms of balance, world, level, and boss design, I think 1 does outperform 2 for the most part.

I am fairly certain they scale (with Soul Memory as opposed to level, which is something to be a bit careful about...), so whenever you feel like tackling it is as good a time as any, although there are three DLC levels, that are unlocked with items you find in the game. I will also note that each of the DLC levels has a section designed with co-op in mind, which can be annoying to deal with solo (although I have done all of them solo before...).

Well, I found a key to a DLC area, and a DLC NPC, I think, but I'll probably do 'em at endgame.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, as it turns out, the icons are accurate. I had never noticed, but steel shurikens really do kinda look like daggers. Go figure.

As for Mistletainn... Well, I'd love to check, but our internet is still down and my phone's internet is super slow right now for some reason. Sooo yeah. I'll take your word for it.

Ah I remember when I had shit internet! Seems like yesterday when I had to wait 99+ hours for a game to download. 

My sympathies Ruben.