• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Those characters from the game? I like the redhead. She looks like a viking. Tell them (Blindcoco, wasn't it) I like the viking.

Yeah Blindcoco.

Uh...I don't think I was supposed to show the redhead at this point, just pretend she doesn't exist for time being.

But everyone else has been shown on the website if you want to check that out.

Tomoe, the female brawler, is a favorite of mine.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wish the game hadn't made the last New Frontier Pass civ Portugal. Really, did we need another European, trade-oriented, overseas empire? North America got nothing in the Pass unless you count the Maya as NA.

I feel you there. Speaking as someone who is actually Mayan, I was both happy to see the Mayans return and sad to realize that Civ is literally never going to add Mexico.

Portugal definitely was a disappointment but I can kind of understand why they went there, given how many Portuguese fans wanted it.

Still it makes me think about how many people who play these games, not because they want to learn about new and interesting civilizations they've never heard of before, but instead to play as the ones they already knew about.

It allows for Civ to sneak in some representation. I'm sure many folks who played Civ 6 had no idea who the Mapuchi or Congo were, but I would like them to go the extra mile. Civ is supposed to be about the entire world so a less Eurofocused roster would be greatly appreciated.

I mean as someone who followed the updates, it was always kind of sad and funny that most of the expansions boiled down to "A shitload of Europeans, a sprinkle of Americans and Asians, and then one token African"

Now now, not all gays and lesbians look effeminate and masculine respectively.😉 Bears and hunks and whatever the traditionally-feminine lesbians are called (I don't happen to know those terms) exist.

And, what could (wo)manlier than being a (wo)man who wants to slam it with the epitome of what society deems to be (wo)manliness? Straight men/women are the real fems/men, b/c why do they revere those lady/man parts so much?

Oh trust me, I am well aware. I was using gay in a funny broad sense to refer to just more diverse characters but in a literal sense, more colors of the rainbow would be great.

You do realize that's SD Minerva???

19 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I think he means the more ginger woman to her left.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't mean the anime redhead. I mean the proper redhead. Y'know, the one whose hair is orange.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait LMAOOOOOOOOO I DIDN'T REALIZE WHO HE WAS TALKING ABOUT UNTIL YOU POINTED IT OUT!

Famous Shadow Dragon advocate forgets one of it's more important characters.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah buddy, you were caught in 4K.

This proves we need to separate the terms ginger and redhead when talking about anime characters.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait LMAOOOOOOOOO I DIDN'T REALIZE WHO HE WAS TALKING ABOUT UNTIL YOU POINTED IT OUT!

Famous Shadow Dragon advocate forgets one of it's more important characters.

Armagon.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah buddy, you were caught in 4K.

I am going to put Garon's face on your favorite Xenoblade waifu. 

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Uh...I don't think I was supposed to show the redhead at this point, just pretend she doesn't exist for time being.

Oh.

Call it free advertisement, you can spin this into a good thing

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Tomoe, the female brawler, is a favorite of mine.

I can see why lol

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't mean the anime redhead. I mean the proper redhead. Y'know, the one whose hair is orange.

Sorry for playing too many vidya games.😆

Uhh... fun fact- tigers don't know they're orange. Tigers are red-green colorblind, so they see themselves as green, and so do the deer they stalk in those big greenery-filled forests and jungles.

• Alas, as mammals evolved originally to survive at night and only later became daytime creatures, most mammals lack the pigments necessary to be green.
  • Orange was the next best thing for the tiger species. Because being nocturnal also meant there was no need to see colors, leaving many mammals colorblind. Being colorful and seeing color aren't useful when it's too dark for anyone to see the spectrum of shades. 
  • This also applies to the other colors which some reptiles and birds have that mammals do not. Those members of Animalia evolved embracing the brightness of daylight, where it's possible to witness the full splendor of the rainbow.

-And now you know why we don't have anime-only hair colors IRL! Science!

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My favorite part about capybaras, as you can see in the bottom right picture, is that they frequently hang out with caimans. Caimans could very well turn a capybara into a capybara special of the day....but they don't. As for the capybaras, they simply chill.

saacxwh0ybc81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Sophisticated photoshopping here. That or rodents above a certain size are off the scalies' menu.

The expression of the capybara's face puts a grumpy cat's to shame.

23 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I mean as someone who followed the updates, it was always kind of sad and funny that most of the expansions boiled down to "A shitload of Europeans, a sprinkle of Americans and Asians, and then one token African"

The continent did get shortchanged. Ethiopia was nice, but it felt like Civ VI stayed too much in the northeast of the continent. Pharaonic Egypt (which will always be in Civ), Nubia and Ethiopia was a bit much, Arabia got Cairo b/c Saladin as its capital too. South of the Sahara... Kongo, Mali, and Been-Around-Since Civ 1-Zulu, that's it not counting any City-States. Seems rather empty if you ask me.

23 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You've become a leaker. Take pride in your peeling back of the veil of secrecy! Actually, don't, this wasn't a game that needed a leak.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That or rodents above a certain size are off the scalies' menu.

I mean crocodiles do eat zebras and such, not that you'd find those in Brazil. But for some reason caimans (gonna make a biologist mad but these are all basically the same) don't go after capybaras even though by all accounts they should.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never raised a Chao to full maturity in all my youthful years of playing SA2 (Battle version of course), but it sure was fun anyhow.😄

Why Sega hasn't released a full-fledged Chao Garden life sim game apart from Sonic action-platforming is beyond me (although, perhaps part of the greatness of the Chao Garden is precisely that it is a routine, short, tranquil interruption between fast-paced stages). I mean I don't trust them to not mess it up in some way (free-to-play gatcha springs to mind), but they should still give it a whirl.

I don't know what you mean, the Chao Garden is clearly the main game and everything else is just a way to get resources for your Chao. It's surprisingly in depth for an optional feature, they even have realistic genetics!

From what I know the main Chao programmer, Yoshihisa Hashimoto, left Sega around 2009, so maybe that's why there was never another Chao Garden. The other primary Chao developer, Sachiko Kawamura, still works at Sega however.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Question for Trails teeheers: does the order you do final bonding events in this game matter for anything at all? I understand that this game doesn’t really have “proper” final bonding events like the other 3 and that you can do up to 9 per save file (I believe), but idk if CS4 will treat the first one I did as my main one or anything like that… so will it?

Obviously I don't know for sure since I haven't played that game yet, but maybe it'll just make Rean and the others start with a higher link level in the next game like the previous transfer. The final bonding event in CS1 gives the character a head start for CS2's final bonding event, but isn't necessary for it. Do Alisa's event first just to be safe.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am going to put Garon's face on your favorite Xenoblade waifu. 

Good, put Garon's face on Dahlia to make Garahlia.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The continent did get shortchanged. Ethiopia was nice, but it felt like Civ VI stayed too much in the northeast of the continent. Pharaonic Egypt (which will always be in Civ), Nubia and Ethiopia was a bit much, Arabia got Cairo b/c Saladin as its capital too. South of the Sahara... Kongo, Mali, and Been-Around-Since Civ 1-Zulu, that's it not counting any City-States. Seems rather empty if you ask me.

I'm surprised Morocco didn't get added at some point, same with the Songhai. It's like they added Mali as the sole West African civ and then called it a day.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You've become a leaker. Take pride in your peeling back of the veil of secrecy! Actually, don't, this wasn't a game that needed a leak.

No game needs a leak if you ask me.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

If you read the entire coversation you would have understood that i didnt agree with that mentality, so it kinda felt like an agressive attack on what i was trying to say.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Obviously I don't know for sure since I haven't played that game yet, but maybe it'll just make Rean and the others start with a higher link level in the next game like the previous transfer

It doesnt work like this in IV. It does impact a scene and one of Rean+Alisa's win quotes together though.

(Note that if you choose Fie in IV she gets a special convo in the game shortly after)

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hello there! What's up?

Just noticed the kitties link in your sig by the way. Love it, such a cute image.

Hi! Not much, really. A lot of busy and a lot of saving for three video games coming out that I’m really looking forward to. Glad you liked the kitties!!❤️

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Thank you! Yeah, you got the date right! Last year was pretty good, all things considered. I hope your year-after-your-birthday has been fun so far.

I’m so glad!!! It has been, thank you so much!  Y’know I think there’s a good chance you’re the same age as me now!

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To clarify this from earlier, the PS1 and PS2 Valkyrie Profile games are JRPGs, Covenant of the Plume is an SRPG spinoff set in the same general world. CotP is from a mortal's perspective instead of one of the titular war maidens' as in the prior games.

It's Valkyrie Profile, not Mortal Profile! RIP Hrist. Never got her game.

Reminds me, the first game was originally conceived as an SRPG, playing with the Einherjar in the war against the Vanir.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wish the game hadn't made the last New Frontier Pass civ Portugal. Really, did we need another European, trade-oriented, overseas empire? North America got nothing in the Pass unless you count the Maya as NA.

Of course it does! North America ends at the Darien Gap. We're part of North America too dammit!

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If you read the entire coversation you would have understood that i didnt agree with that mentality, so it kinda felt like an agressive attack on what i was trying to say.

Admittedly, i did sort of skim it the whole convo. Apologies.

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

No game needs a leak if you ask me.

Hey guys check out this very real leak of Metroid Prime 4.

Spoiler

rick-roll.gif

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's Valkyrie Profile, not Mortal Profile! RIP Hrist. Never got her game.

"Where is MY leading role?!"

I still remember that line, the Seraphic Gate was a little silly. But, rewatching the plume death scenes* within the past hour, I don't mind that one bit.

*Two, to be precise, I couldn't stomach watching any more.🤢 I can tolerate blooooood, deals with the devil, apocalypse, cannibalism, and some other "dark" things, -but reading a fictional playable character's dying words is... 😰. I can joke about sacrificing others no problem Feather oe'er the battlefield... yet I don't have the heart to go through with it. I've put a little thought into getting that Cult of the Lamb game that released a few months ago, yet despite the game looking cutesy, I don't think I would have what it takes in me to offer up one of my nondescript followers nor a heretic to my eldritch lord deity. I don't even have the guts to establish a cult leader's rightful harem but I have no qualms with establishing an otaku's fantasy harem.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Of course it does! North America ends at the Darien Gap. We're part of North America too dammit!

I blame Central America. It's not a continent, but its name suggests it is not North, nor South. I propose we rename it Lower North America then.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me with optional bad endings.

I only did that with you know which game b/c it counted towards completion and unlocked that bonus scene. I usually would not. When I rewatched one particular🌻🐸 bad scene earlier this year, I still got teary-eyed, though it was decently written I must say.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile first VP be like: "Here's how they all die!"

Even if we know they're fine afterwards, from a certain point of view at least, but still...

I haven't played Lenneth (to use the PSP subtitle) yet (next year I guess), but that's different. From what I'm aware, you watch people die and then they become playable. CotP letting you take the lives of those who've committed to your journey is so, very, different.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't played Lenneth (to use the PSP subtitle) yet (next year I guess), but that's different. From what I'm aware, you watch people die and then they become playable. CotP letting you take the lives of those who've committed to your journey is so, very, different.

True. Still, that's still quite something. The world in VP Lenneth is certainly... messed up.

mTiRgkY.jpg

So the story I'm getting so far from this game is that there is only one true religion and all other religions worship a cruel and evil god, is that right?

2eXRswP.jpg

The triangle attack killed this boss in one hit at 87 damage, Jesus Christ.

BB4H0py.jpg

Don't care how long it takes, I will use Est in this run to answer for my sins in the Shadow Dragon run.

I74JMQ0.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!

Oh my fucking god, there could have not been a more perfect thing to happen after someone counter killed Delthea. I actually couldn't breathe when that happened.

vrZ9vtc.jpg

So because I'm an idiot I completely forgot to enter Desaix's fortress when I should've and am only now getting the super important sword, which would explain my difficulty with the later fights.

Also does IS seriously think it's cool when the protagonist gets to be the single holder of some sword because at this point I've rolled my eyes so hard they're just about reaching the back of my head.

VBYaA2X.jpg

Alm tries desperately to not be the main character of this game.

R7Ru0Qq.jpg

And I got Mathilda as well, lets hope she hasn't fallen behind with how long it took for me to get her.

I5eAvyf.jpgumGMkdw.jpg

XVN0tnR.jpg

Strong female character is only strong because strong male character taught her to is a trope I tolerate more than others but still can be a little annoying, especially if it's like Leonie in Three Houses.

Also just in case any of you are worried that I left Delthea to die, don't worry I restarted and kept her alive.