Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Guys, guys, it's the senate

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

It's only right that every wasted seconds gets added back

Was the match that bad for it?

Soccer must be a delaying hellscape.

You know what they should do? They should cut down total time, get them some uprights on the bars and you can score there for one and goals cont for more now, let them carry the ball in hand but only for a certain distance before they have to take actions to extend that and eventually have to pass it, contact is less likely to involve so much ankle holding when it's less grounded generally, replace corners with kicks from upfield....

3 minutes ago, ping said:

HQDzs0e.png

Lions of the North is from September this year. They slowed down considerably (15 DLCs between 2014 and 2018, none in 2019, then 4 since 2020), but it's still really silly at this point. It's honestly made worse by their policy of adding stuff to the base game and then putting some extra buttons into the DLC, since it makes a lot of the DLC incredibly light on content considering the price.

It's still my favourite Paradox game by far, and it's genuinely in a pretty good state on the current patch, with an AI that's actually quite competent for once,  but the monetisation really is... a thing.

But hey, at least it's still considerably less expensive than The Sims 4 with all DLC

I'm just amazed they've actually managed to keep it this long, even if 2019 was empty.

And it sure ain't Sims 4.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the game itself, fair enough, but I'm talking about the pricing. Revelation, whatever anyone may think of it, is a full game for 20 bucks. Now the new FE standard is charging us more than that for tiny side campaigns, minor gameplay additions to the main campaign and a bunch of useless trinkets sprinkled on top. It's embarrassing.

We don't know how long said campaign is, though I get your scepticism.

Rev being a full game could be argued by some, but it is not this day.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I think there's also the names from Ninian's dance rings. Set, Thor, Filla, and Ninis. I think those are also mentioned to be deities... though three of those are named after the Jugdral ones. More obvious in the Japanese version, English changed them slightly (like Fjalar to Filla).

Pantheon, eh. But is it a deity pantheon or a saint pantheon. Since I think they still only mention a single god.

Oh, right, at least in Kaga's old notes, he brought up there existed many deities which humans could pray for power, and that's how magic came to be.

They seems quite willing to take the names across settings, considering another of the Judgral deities shows up in Archanea.

No idea actually, I'm a bit of an idiot there. So more details in a remake would be appreciated.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Relies on the relationship points system. You need him in the top... three, I believe.

Wait, what version are you playing again? Since I think in one you needed him in the top three/four relationship points slot, but in another that was no issue.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

During the Flanoir bonding event, refuse everyone who knocks at Lloyd's door. That's what worked for me.

IDK what happens if Kratos is in Lloyd's top 3 bond-wise

Bond point system?! Oh crap... I didnt even realise that was a thing!

Also, Gamecube version is what im playing.

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

They seems quite willing to take the names across settings, considering another of the Judgral deities shows up in Archanea.

I mean, that makes sense since both continents take place on the same planet. So it's the same one. Kaga wanted a single world to place all his stories. That's why only after he left did a FE game had no connections to the previous ones in terms of setting.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

If it's the original then it's fine I think. Just play normally and when the time comes that people are knocking on Lloyd's door, just keep saying no. Still, might still be careful with what options you choose until then.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!😑

The bonding system in ToS is awful.

• The points are completely invisible. Barring that fortuneteller in Triet, which isn't very useful.
  • You'd have to go out of your way to avoid/wrong-answer on world map skits to avoid building your bond with certain characters. Being forced to avoid skits which are bread & butter Tales goodness is bad.
  • Colette has a gargantuan initial bond lead and you almost have to use a guide to end up with anyone as Lloyd's absolute favorite except her.

Admittedly, getting Kratos into the top three, or maybe four isn't as bad as number-one. But still. ToS could've done better with this little mechanic.

I mean, I'm pretty sure the developers at one point outright stated Colette is the canon choice, even if they still gave you a choice in Dawn of the New World. Because the gameplay is one thing... but the story is another...

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I liked it because it dampened another's character's horniness visualizing them as they. Total moodkiller.😛

Hah!

12 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Nah

Many peeps were angry with the pricing as well. Lotsa people compared it to Pokemon, even if it's nothing even close to that

Ehh I can see it. Even that was a little steep. Not nearly as much as this nonsense, but...

12 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

As for Engage DLC, i will keep my opinion on it until we get it, and won't buy it personally unless i think i will replay the game alot and ensure i enjoy it hence dlc will add needed spice like with fates.

Fair enough. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still super happy. If anything, I'm glad that the biggest gripe I have with Engage after today's massive info dump is that the DLC sucks. Because I can just not engage with it, and leave it at that.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

We don't know how long said campaign is, though I get your scepticism.

Yeah, from the look of what each wave promises, it's just looking to be Three Houses but ever-so-slightly better, I guess to justify the extra 5 bucks lol

Just saying, SRW T's own DLC expansion campaign is like fourteen maps long, complete with a three-maps long route split and a three-maps long split endings too.

I'll admit to not currently remember its price, however.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You don't need to worry about the bond points then for GC. Unless you want somebody other than the incredibly-slanted Colette (who let's face it, was made for Lloyd's greatest companion role) to take the prominent role in a couple scenes including the ending. Zelos IIRC has the lowest starting point total if you're curious.

Kratos in the GC original version will always come knocking if you turn down everyone who does.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure the developers at one point outright stated Colette is the canon choice, even if they still gave you a choice in Dawn of the New World. Because the gameplay is one thing... but the story is another...

I completely get that. As I said above, it feels strange that anyone except Colette would occupy that Lloyd's favorite slot. And the opening trailer openly agreed.

Although Zelos did seem so buddy with Lloyd in DotNW that I can't help but think they somehow did at least one bonding event offscreen. IIRC, Zelos uniquely has a only-if-Lloyd's-favorite bond event timed separately from everybody else's.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

(who let's face it, was made for Lloyd's greatest companion role)

Same energy:

See the source image

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I completely get that. As I said above, it feels strange that anyone except Colette would occupy that Lloyd's favorite slot. And the opening trailer openly agreed.

Although Zelos did seem so buddy with Lloyd in DotNW that I can't help but think they somehow did at least one bonding event offscreen. IIRC, Zelos uniquely has a only-if-Lloyd's-favorite bond event timed separately from everybody else's.

Fun fact, the manga adaptation of Symphonia basically went for a combo. Lloyd talked with all three of Colette, Zelos, and Kratos in there. One after the other, of course.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And c'mon everyone's already simping for Timerra.

True I already want to have se- I mean cap all the stats on Timerra and make her the best unit on the team.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I'll play Femlear anyway. I don't like Malear's hair.

Same. Malware looks too much like he came from some boy idol gacha game.

Female Alear just looks funny but honestly pretty good in that ponytail.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

think it's a sign of the end times that Fire Emblem is releasing DLC alongside with the base release of the game.

This has happened before. Since Awakening.

Engage news looks pretty cool, though I haven’t watched it fully.

18 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Not reason not to pick either of them. Heaveanly Gift is absurd and notgrailsphere speaks for itself as always.

Well Jusis’ brave order seems better than Alisa’s, at least.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

They're both dogshit characters.

Alisa and Jusis or Rufus and Black Alberich?

I think it actually began in New Mystery. It had three bonus maps you could only unlock by connecting to the WiFi service. Not technically DLC since they were in-cartridge, but for all sense and purposes it was "DLC". It was free, however.

Penalty time!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Malware

Lmao

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, from the look of what each wave promises, it's just looking to be Three Houses but ever-so-slightly better, I guess to justify the extra 5 bucks lol

One day we will get Xenoblade lvl dlc in FE

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun fact, the manga adaptation of Symphonia basically went for a combo. Lloyd talked with all three of Colette, Zelos, and Kratos in there. One after the other, of course.

Seem like the most logical picks if you're going to permit three. I take it Zelos looked over Flanoir in his speedo?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

True I already want to have se- I mean cap all the stats on Timerra and make her the best unit on the team.

She has half the thread, not to mention the fanbase at large, wrapped around her little finger already, and you talk about Goldmary? Pish posh.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same. Malware looks too much like he came from some boy idol gacha game.

Female Alear just looks funny but honestly pretty good in that ponytail.

Malware ahahahahahahah, that's a good one.

The ponytail does wonders for her, I agree. I can't wait to send her to battle in sweatpants for that ponytail.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it actually began in New Mystery. It had three bonus maps you could only unlock by connecting to the WiFi service. Not technically DLC since they were in-cartridge, but for all sense and purposes it was "DLC". It was free, however.

I believe it was called downlodable content... Although in that case, it was literally true.

4 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

One day we will get Xenoblade lvl dlc in FE

I will assume that's a good thing

The way we're headed, we're more likely to end up at Train Simulator lvl dlc in FE.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Malware ahahahahahahah, that's a good one.

The ponytail does wonders for her, I agree. I can't wait to send her to battle in sweatpants for that ponytail.

Can't say I'm that much in support for the ponytail, at least, when other hairstyles for her exist... but well, to each their own.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

And now the Dutch are going home.

Argentina could make the final? I mean, probably, just don't go for the penalties against Croatia?

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

~15 yellows

The entire team won't be able to play the final at this rate!

Ehh I can see it. Even that was a little steep. Not nearly as much as this nonsense, but...

The comparison was partly because of the sense of version exclusivity some got off BR/CQ, then of course RV being a golden route didn't help matters of "Why are we playing these?" for some.

Just now, Sooks said:

Engage news looks pretty cool, though I haven’t watched it fully.

Don't blame you, I'm sure I missed a ton watching the stuff earlier.

Good news is Fishing might be good this time.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not technically DLC since they were in-cartridge, but for all sense and purposes it was "DLC". It was free, however.

I mean, it has an element of FOMO sadly with the end of Wi-Fi connection for the DS.

I believe it was called downlodable content... Although in that case, it was literally true.

It's literal on cart DLC in this case.

Again, relative things, but it was on the cart and then unlocked. Not the only thing like that on DS, B2W2 keys

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't say I'm that much in support for the ponytail, at least, when other hairstyles for her exist... but well, to each their own.

Did they ever confirm you can customize their hair? I've kind of been operating on the assumption that it's like Byleth, name and that's it, but... Then again, why did I assume that when the game's so big on customization otherwise?

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The comparison was partly because of the sense of version exclusivity some got off BR/CQ, then of course RV being a golden route didn't help matters of "Why are we playing these?" for some.

Ah, I see.

The good ending.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The ponytail does wonders for her, I agree. I can't wait to send her to battle in sweatpants for that ponytail

Sombron when Alear shows up in sweatpants with the Ring Fit accessory

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Twintail Alear where one tail is blue and the other is red.