• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Knuckles's Aquatic Mine is another level I didn't got past when I was younger, though it wasn't very difficult now unless you're going for the Air Necklace (which I also barely got this time).

I mean, it's almost certainly intentional that you'll be on the verge of running out of air getting the Air Necklace.

The thing is, the Necklace seems optional. Yet is very beneficial later, possibly mandatory going for some of the extra missions.

54 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The entire country's just foggy at the minute.

Any closer and I think we'd have all gone to Silent Hill.

Are you this topic isn't Silent Hill? I think it fulfills the "sexually-charged monsters" criterion. The question then is whose externalized internal nightmare this is.🤔

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

You know, I've been watching some combat clips again, and I hadn't even noticed until now because... well, I don't care about Anna, but wow Engage Anna is tiny. She's a 9 year old with an axe! I mean, at least she's different this time around. Might make her slightly less of a bore. I do, however, find it rather funny that they made my Axebello memes canon.

She's a bit too chipper about murder, though, won't make for as fun a war crime.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

20221211_100015.jpg

I did not realize it was this bad, the Wii U had more exclusives at launch.

I can't even make a "it's called the PS5 because there's only 5 games" joke because there aren't even that many games to begin with lmaooooooooo

Pictured: The reason I've never bothered with PS at all.

Timerra and Forgato were unprompted in their showcases but I don't know about the rest. Although skirmishes are back so those prepromotes may not be "pre".

I suppose there's nothing left but to wait and see on that front.

For the record, I still think "act 1" will end with the four countries storming Lythios to stop whatever it is thanks to that one image on the website.

Yeah I do think all of these folks should join in the midgame at the latest. It'd be strange to show off units well into the lategame. Even in Fates you got all the royal and retainer trios relatively early, and the later joiners were oddballs.

Ruben: "restraining order? More like restraining suggestion."

All for generics.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I didn't expect to unironically start liking Alear's design, but here we are.

I've enjoyed it forever to be honest. I don't like Malear's hair, Femlear's mini-skirt was expected but disappointing and the shoes are dumb on both, but honestly - the general attire is great. Heck if anything I think I straight up like the bi-color hair now. It makes an impression.

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

You're hacking this game within a week, calling it now

I'm not performing necromancing on my Switch. Hacks may happen when I move to the Nintendo PC.

Any truly loyal general to his king would see the foolishness of having all his generals directly under the retinue of a foreign lord as a strategic disaster waiting to happen!

True, but Dougy is a man who trascents the mere concept of loyalty. His loyalty is such that it cannot be defined with human words. He would work with his king's kidnappers out of loyalty to his king - it defies human reason, because Dougy is galaxy brained. He will stay by his king's side, even when far away, for in spirit his place is always by His Majesty's side, long may he live!

Fortune telling if I recall correctly.

And hey, least there's something to the fishing this time.

It's imprudent to party prematurely, but it's looking like they've taken the same approach to the mini-games as Ubisoft Milan did to Mario. They made them entirely optional, and then made them cool, so now you want to engage with them of your own volition as opposed to being forced to fish for an hour for professor level. I truly so hope it really is that way.

The one fear that lingers now is whether the outfit changes can truly be applied to combat. I don't know, it just irks me that all of the combat footage has only ever had the default attires. It makes no sense, I mean, they removed 2D portraits from everywhere seemingly to accomodate for outfit changes, and the fact that they cost gold would make it a pretty lame investment if they can only be seen in the completely optional vacation resort.

But at the same time... well, I'm not going to put it past IntSys to have imposed a completely arbitrary restriction on the fashion for no good reason. It wouldn't be the first time. Remember when in 3H they forbade riders from changing outfits because of clipping, even though a lot of the default designs clipped anyway?

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The stuff from the wepbage will be put into twitter stuff

Also we didn't get Trailers for the other 6 Emblems yet.

And maybe some gameplay or technical stuff?

I hope we get footage of alternate outfits in combat.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/493/359/126.jpeg

When you respect your wife too much

0 Skl Sigurd be like

I see how he got the title Holy Knight

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you this topic isn't Silent Hill? I think it fulfills the "sexually-charged monsters" criterion. The question then is whose externalized internal nightmare this is.🤔

Then this is but a part of the whole, a path to traverse to escape..... if I can.

Besides, it's not all about sex, though it's more about that for some for sure.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I've been watching some combat clips again, and I hadn't even noticed until now because... well, I don't care about Anna, but wow Engage Anna is tiny. She's a 9 year old with an axe! I mean, at least she's different this time around. Might make her slightly less of a bore. I do, however, find it rather funny that they made my Axebello memes canon.

She's a bit too chipper about murder, though, won't make for as fun a war crime.

When there's profit to be made, why wouldn't Anna be chipper.

Still too young for war profiteering, gotta start somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*Insert Vestaria Saga 2's War profit quote here*

Edited by Imperator Squilla

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

War profiteering is for the good of the people. Age is irrelevant.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

*Insert Vestaria Saga 2's War profit qoute here*

Hah! Read my mind.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Trust me, this is especially bad.

True, but Dougy is a man who trascents the mere concept of loyalty. His loyalty is such that it cannot be defined with human words. He would work with his king's kidnappers out of loyalty to his king - it defies human reason, because Dougy is galaxy brained. He will stay by his king's side, even when far away, for in spirit his place is always by His Majesty's side, long may he live!

Douglas has 8 Spd so he can use the rest to be by the king's side at the same time.

It's imprudent to party prematurely, but it's looking like they've taken the same approach to the mini-games as Ubisoft Milan did to Mario. They made them entirely optional, and then made them cool, so now you want to engage with them of your own volition as opposed to being forced to fish for an hour for professor level. I truly so hope it really is that way.

The one fear that lingers now is whether the outfit changes can truly be applied to combat. I don't know, it just irks me that all of the combat footage has only ever had the default attires. It makes no sense, I mean, they removed 2D portraits from everywhere seemingly to accomodate for outfit changes, and the fact that they cost gold would make it a pretty lame investment if they can only be seen in the completely optional vacation resort.

But at the same time... well, I'm not going to put it past IntSys to have imposed a completely arbitrary restriction on the fashion for no good reason. It wouldn't be the first time. Remember when in 3H they forbade riders from changing outfits because of clipping, even though a lot of the default designs clipped anyway?

It's still not 3H's fishing, which was an insult to all sensibilities by it's design and how it sat with the rest of the game. I can see that in the visuals alone and see a sign of progress. (Still haven't gotten Mario + Rabbids yet to finish it, RIP me missing the sale)

I wonder if they do it as some degree of "Well, we can't show all the silliness yet". Seems strange to give you costumes of other FE characters and not let you use them too, but hey, if they are that afraid of the clipping, that might be all they needed to decide "Let's not have that again".

Yeah, 3H's removal of the outfit changing made me pretty sad as I missed that era of 3H.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Douglas has 8 Spd so he can use the rest to be by the king's side at the same time.

Dougy having super speed to rival the Flash and using it solely to simultaneously follow Roy around and stand next to the king is the most hilarious image to have come out of our Dougyposting throughout the years, I think.

Thanks.

It's still not 3H's fishing, which was an insult to all sensibilities by it's design and how it sat with the rest of the game. I can see that in the visuals alone and see a sign of progress. (Still haven't gotten Mario + Rabbids yet to finish it, RIP me missing the sale)

Oh yeah, that's true. The minigame looks like something neat now, as opposed to a terrible rhythm minigame that always has the exact same rhythm.

I wonder if they do it as some degree of "Well, we can't show all the silliness yet". Seems strange to give you costumes of other FE characters and not let you use them too, but hey, if they are that afraid of the clipping, that might be all they needed to decide "Let's not have that again".

Yeah, 3H's removal of the outfit changing made me pretty sad as I missed that era of 3H.

It just makes no sense either way. Everything seems accomodated to allow for outfit changes to show anywhere, but at the same time, their reticence to show them in combat is just bizarre.

Then again, maybe they just didn't want to waste too much time doing those showcases and just used the default values for everything. I guess we'll just have to see.

25 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Besides, it's not all about sex, though it's more about that for some for sure.

This topic and its posters or SH protags?😝

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We are in an era now where consoles are becoming less necessary for gaming's success, and companies are more willing to develop for multiple systems. However, I don't think PCs will eradicate consoles for now. Even with the existence of pre-built gaming PCs (and I'm not bullish on the Steam Deck), consoles are more beginner-friendly, and cheaper -even if you have to replace your console every 5~8 years.

A generation or three ago, the picture would've been different.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then again, maybe they just didn't want to waste too much time doing those showcases and just used the default values for everything. I guess we'll just have to see.

It could be that, with characters having changed classes at times why prioritise showing off the outfits within the showcases, especially on any unit who isn't being focused on?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dougy having super speed to rival the Flash and using it solely to simultaneously follow Roy around and stand next to the king is the most hilarious image to have come out of our Dougyposting throughout the years, I think.

Thanks.

I decided to check his stats.

Douglas's Spd stat is very close (0.2 off from hitting 8 Spd) to what his stats would be if he'd promoted at 10 and gotten his average growths with a 0 Base. So his Personal Spd is -3 if he had all levels he could have had.

I was right, he has to be doing it!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This topic and its posters or SH protags?😝

SH protags from what I understand.

This topic's already more crazed.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We are in an era now where consoles are becoming less necessary for gaming's success, and companies are more willing to develop for multiple systems. However, I don't think PCs will eradicate consoles for now. Even with the existence of pre-built gaming PCs (and I'm not bullish on the Steam Deck), consoles are more beginner-friendly, and cheaper -even if you have to replace your console every 5~8 years.

A generation or three ago, the picture would've been different.

Yeah, that's fair enough. Still, PS games in particluar have always either been on PC or not really been my thing. I mean, my PS2 emulator is my Berwick machine, aside from the time I played a Star Wars game lol

32 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

It could be that, with characters having changed classes at times why prioritise showing off the outfits within the showcases, especially on any unit who isn't being focused on?

Yep.

32 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I decided to check his stats.

Douglas's Spd stat is very close (0.2 off from hitting 8 Spd) to what his stats would be if he'd promoted at 10 and gotten his average growths with a 0 Base. So his Personal Spd is -3 if he had all levels he could have had.

I was right, he has to be doing it!

He's the Dougyman. He is the most powerful superhero to have ever been conceived, ever. He just uses most of his power to stand next to the king, because he's Dougy and his loyalty is more important than anything else.