Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully this doesn't mean we'll be tricked into thinking the mechanic is great at first, only to discover later in the game that it fizzles.

It could depend on the difficulty. Emblem Engage is probably overkill on Normal, but if Lunatic does it right, it could absolutely be vital to success.

I of course, will be playing on Hard Mode because that's my sweetspot.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More or less. Go Nagai basically took some cues from his work Demon Lord Dante, the predecessor of Devilman, when designing the Mazinger. This is why Mazinger is named Mazinger. Or rather, Majin-ga (マジンガー). With Majin being "demon god".

Thank you! 

When two members of the SRW Trinity are both on the not-exactly-holy side design-wise, well I guess the pure white RX0078-2 (did I get the serial code right? I'm sorry I haven't memorized it yet!) provides an aesthetic contrast.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, you've also wondered why Koji pilots the Mazinger from the head? That's also Demon Lord Dante:

Demon Lord Dante - Wikipedia

Where the human lead, Ryo Utsugi, would merge with Dante and be basically attached to the demon's forehead.

This particular artwork does have a human certain vulnerability to it, doesn't exactly suggest this the human is in control or that this isn't to some extent a curse.

...Any chance anything gets big enough from this manga for SRW? Didn't Devilman this spiritual successor you speak of show up in X-Omega or DD?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I of course, will be playing on Hard Mode because that's my sweetspot.

I'd be doing that for my first playthrough myself. Going in on the blind first run at the highest difficulty in for any FE from Shadow Dragon and beyond barring SoV seems worryingly too fearless to me. I'd think it better for a player to get some experience with the game first, as the highest difficulties don't leave much room for error and misunderstanding, and then go back for the supreme endeavor later if they feel like it. -Not that I'm going to stop anyone with the boldness to take the risk.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

FjyYAzSakAAk4X0?format=jpg&name=large

Hi

Well, cool, you found the Spd form.

(There's three forms and they all boost another pokemon with their ability, enjoy your sushi fish).

Ah, you found out. RIP.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Where's my Omnislash Engage Attack?

Probably DLC

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you! 

When two members of the SRW Trinity are both on the not-exactly-holy side design-wise, well I guess the pure white RX0078-2 (did I get the serial code right? I'm sorry I haven't memorized it yet!) provides an aesthetic contrast.

Just RX-78-2.

Well, keep in mind Amuro would become known as the White Devil too, hehehe.

This particular artwork does have a human certain vulnerability to it, doesn't exactly suggest this the human is in control or that this isn't to some extent a curse.

Kinda.

Spoiler

It's soon revealed Ryo and Dante are one and the same, hence why they were able to "merge" to begin with. So you could they're both sides of the same psyche. Ryo can return to his human form where he has full control, but his Dante self takes over when in the demon form. So it's more complex than at first glance.

...Any chance anything gets big enough from this manga for SRW? Didn't Devilman this spiritual successor you speak of show up in X-Omega or DD?

Devilman is in DD, yes. Don't know if Dante can make it in too one day, but who knows.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Devilman is in DD, yes. Don't know if Dante can make it in too one day, but who knows.

Go Nagai is pretty old. I truly absolutely pray to the depths of my soul that I haven't jinxed him by saying this 😬, but the SRW that comes after ... should at the least put Mazinger towards the narrative center to honor him.

Which reminds me that we have this coming sometime next year.:

UFO-Robot-Grendizer_2021_10-28-21_001-14

While not SRW & that gameplay + writing + visuals I love, I'll definitely consider picking this up if it reviews well enough. And does Grendizer look a little luchador-esque in the head, or is that just me and luchadors are coincidentally the aesthetic superheroes of the wrestling world?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And does Grendizer look a little luchador-esque in the head, or is that just me and luchadors are coincidentally the aesthetic superheroes of the wrestling world?

Hahaha, perhaps? It's the mask thing, no? XD

Still, they also have Faces (Técnicos) and Heels (Rudos).

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's for Garon, the Emblem of Increasing Discomfort

With the ring polishing minigame it's perfect!

One thing I'm considering now is if, when the full game is inevitably leaked like every modern game ever, I will look through the spoilers that will also inevitably be posted online.

Personally, I'm leaning yes. There are a number of concerns I want dispelled before I take the 60€ dive. Ideally I'd want no story spoilers and only mechanical spoilers, but when you dive into these things it's tricky to be picky.

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, that was fun.

Falling on my knee with all the ice.

Such fun.

Oof. Good you didn't break anything, these falls can be deceptively nasty.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Leif's moment of anguish

unknown.png

To be completely fair, the game did warn the player that this would happen if Leif escaped first. It's just the shitty-ass old translation that completely fucked the dialogue up and stated the exact opposite instead lol

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ever do a deep dive back through this topic?😆

Occasionally I go back a bit. One time I found my initial impressions when half the thread was trying to get me to play Conquest. I almost didn't do it because the emulator was giving me shit. Sheesh.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully this doesn't mean we'll be tricked into thinking the mechanic is great at first, only to discover later in the game that it fizzles. Maybe we wouldn't feel it entirely on our first runs of the game, but on subsequent ones, we wouldn't have the novelty of the concept concealing its flaws anymore. Which I'm sure can be said of some mechanics in many games including some prior FEs if we think about it for a while.

Concerns such as these is what I was talking about above. Nonexistent map design was one of the big things that killed Houses for me. Difficulty choices being "very easy" and "bullshit hard" was the other one. The leak way back did say the game is challenging, which is reassuring, but I'd like to be sure.

24 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

You know, the article does make some interesting points.

Okay, crackpot theory time: Perhaps Lumera is going to turn into an Emblem after she dies and that's the actual twist they're more interested in hiding. I have no basis for this theory, I just think it'd be cool and it'd work with her (seemingly obvious) very early death.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's for Garon, the Emblem of Increasing Discomfort

Or that.

Honestly I think I'd prefer this.

Garon's abilities:

- Engage weapon: Bölverk. A powerful ranged axe. Bonus damage if the enemy tactician trusts their units' intuition.

- Engage ability: Salt the earth. Cancel out all rebellions reinforcements for one turn.

- Engage attack: Adoption. It's a slightly nerfed attack that inflicts Fates capture on defeat. Of course.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

With the ring polishing minigame it's perfect!

If you rub him too much he comes out and murders you, causing an irreversible game over.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, crackpot theory time: Perhaps Lumera is going to turn into an Emblem after she dies and that's the actual twist they're more interested in hiding. I have no basis for this theory, I just think it'd be cool and it'd work with her (seemingly obvious) very early death.

That's a pretty easy assumption to make and one I could believe.

(Watch the Emblem be Alear's dad as well)

Or that.

Honestly I think I'd prefer this.

Garon's abilities:

- Engage weapon: Bölverk. A powerful ranged axe. Bonus damage if the enemy tactician trusts their units' intuition.

- Engage ability: Salt the earth. Cancel out all rebellions reinforcements for one turn.

- Engage attack: Adoption. It's a slightly nerfed attack that inflicts Fates capture on defeat. Of course.

That Engage attack sounds like fun.

Use it on Sombron

One thing I'm considering now is if, when the full game is inevitably leaked like every modern game ever, I will look through the spoilers that will also inevitably be posted online.

Personally, I'm leaning yes. There are a number of concerns I want dispelled before I take the 60€ dive. Ideally I'd want no story spoilers and only mechanical spoilers, but when you dive into these things it's tricky to be picky.

Meanwhile chances are I'll want to check out of Teehee when the game's actually out, probably not picking it up right away and if I'm lucky something will have come up by then.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd say, had that thought too. Would certainly be interesting if they do that.

I’m having a rough day so I thought the easy solution was to post on Serenes Forest for the first time in over two years. Yeah, I don’t understand my mindset either. A big reason for me being gone was my Fire Emblem hyperfixation going away for no reason for a very long time. It’s like, somewhat back, but not nearly as strong as it once was because I’m hyperfixating on something else and have been for ages.

Why am I saying this here?

7 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

I’m having a rough day so I thought the easy solution was to post on Serenes Forest for the first time in over two years. Yeah, I don’t understand my mindset either. A big reason for me being gone was my Fire Emblem hyperfixation going away for no reason for a very long time. It’s like, somewhat back, but not nearly as strong as it once was because I’m hyperfixating on something else and have been for ages.

I mean, this is the place where you go to say random things. Welcome, by the way!

10 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

So you're saying you're Engaging back to FE?

Eh, well, welcome back. You're more than welcomed to keep posting in here.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

No idea, but hello anyways. I get the hyperfixation, least to some degree.

What's up besides?

Just drained of motivation to do anything. Serenes Forest is definitely something that brings me back to a distant past that I had mostly forgotten about. I wanna say that the late 2010s were a better time, but… they weren’t LOL

Anyways, I’m hoping my spark for FE will rekindle, but I don’t think that’s happening because I’ve been hyperfixating on Golden Sun for a year and a half just as hard as I did with FE in 2016-2020 and I don’t think that obsession is going away anytime soon.

Having autism is exhausting. :Haar: