• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

You know, I got reminded I saw a similar premise once in a fanfic.

It was a Breath of the Wild fanfic. Where Link and Mipha had children before he went ZZZ... so imagine his surprise after waking up and reaching Zora's Domain...

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

What message is this in reference to? None of the characters we've seen are little girls, so that disqualifies them from being dragons.

Food bonuses. Apparently you get extra bonuses if you're a divine dragon. Which is strange wording to use if it's only Alear.

About time we got adult dragons again... Though Veyle exists and she looks pretty tiny, so she's a candidate.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Watch the twins be revealed as such. That 33rd Generation title might have an extra 3...

Would change nothing because Vandad is still the only one I care about.

Okay actually, green mage, punching cleric and Alear are fine too. It's a robust starting group, though I see myself replacing Clanne and Framme.

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Why did I end up watching a 75-minute long video that was half Tintin movie piece, half Herge defence?

Well, point was, stuff that was in it was interesting as a person who never was a collector of the comics.

I'll have to watch this at some point.

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

They are all actually 1000 year old kids of Alear, including Vandad

Plot twist: Vandad is the youngest of them at 674.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ngl, that'd be a neat twist.

Except Vandad is actual Alear's Dad.

Vandad: Second dad to survive ever.

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

ok

Sparks of Hope Gold Edition for 15€ or Aegis Rim for 2€ 

Arma says both.

It's Great Dane vs. Pekinese, from my understanding of these two games without having played either  -well maybe not quite that extreme. Both are dogs, but towards opposite ends of a spectrum. SoH is a gameplay-first strategy experience, 13S is primarily about the story with punctuation by strategic gameplay. What are you in the mood for?

-Random inquiry BTW, have you any interest in that Witch on the Holy Night game that recently released? I've heard it's the first Type Moon (which I know you like/are familiar with setting Servantmon aside) VN to translated for an international audience, or something. And I've seen good reviews for it. And hello, "Witch" in the title makes me think you'd like it, even though I expect you know everything about the story from first spoken word to last already.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Arma says both.

Sadly only 1 i can get, another game will be full price

SoH is a gameplay-first experience, 13S is primarily about the story with punctuation by gameplay. What are you in the mood for?

Hmm

I think i am more into gameplay atm, especially with Utasomething Prelude to the Fallen going slowly

Random inquiry BTW, have you any interest in that Witch on the Holy Night game that recently released?

I am very interested in it (and even posted some pics here when i played the demo)

My big problem atm: No Physical edition available in EU, so i will have to import the american version....which will come End of January, which will be filled with Enjeji.

I could get the digital edition, but i will need to buy an extra SD card since it's 19 GB lol, so might as well try and get the physical edition later on if it's still available

3Eyb5fF.png

70$, Digital + SD card should cost me around the same, so yeah physical better

It's around ~5€ less on Play asia eh?

Edited by Imperator Squilla

14 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

ok

Sparks of Hope Gold Edition for 15€ or Aegis Rim for 3€ 

SoH is the same genre as Engage. Aegis Rim you can play alongside it. Get SoH now.

I mean, best logic I got lol

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Just thinking outloud what to get and hoping for some input

I mean, how the price points?

4 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Okay, that's how.

I'm assuming you're taking advantage of a sweet deal, so of them I feel like either Sparks of Hope is just short enough to get though before Engage or you'd play something like Aegis Rim on the side.

If SoH would be longer I don't have an answer.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

I could get the digital edition, but i will need to buy an extra SD card since it's 19 GB lol, so might as well try and get the physical edition later on if it's still available

I did see this mentioned in the first review I read.:

What you’ll first notice about this title is the presentation. It may be a visual novel, but Witch On The Holy Night opts not for the classical ‘one or two portraits on the screen at once over set backgrounds.’ Instead creating, it’s own style out of insane amounts of backgrounds and contextually placed portraits. Coupled with excellent voice acting, this leads to an incredible cinematic experience.

Sure these characters aren’t animated walking down a hallway, but the way our focal point jumps between headshots, shots of the hallway, a CG of the character’s legs, and then coupled with the footstep sound effects, it feels like they are. I was sold on how amazing this was from the melancholic scene of Shizuki waiting in the classroom while it rains outside. And then there are the action sequences. This visual style melds especially with setting up the action...

This goes well beyond a simple one-time trick; it is constant and makes this game huge. It’s rocking a file size of 19.9 GB of space when most visual novels have to be really special in some way to get past 6 GB.

Maybe it was the way the reviewer compellingly wrote it, but this sounds supreme-duper-out-of-this-world amazing presentation. Like what you'd expect from a visual novel with a bottomless AAA budget ("AAA VN" sounds like an oxymoron).

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I mean, how the price points?

50€ Coupo, however i have to spend more than 50

SoH normal is 45€ so can't use my coupon on it, and there's nothing small i wanna get from that shop

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe it was the way the reviewer compellingly wrote it, but this sounds supreme-duper-out-of-this-world amazing presentation

Can confirm from the demo and from what i know from everyone who played it and the music i listened to

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ike what you'd expect from a visual novel with a bottomless AAA budget ("AAA VN" sounds like an oxymoron).

If any VN dev can be called that, it's Type-moon xD

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

50€ Coupo, however i have to spend more than 50

SoH normal is 45€ so can't use my coupon on it, and there's nothing small i wanna get from that shop

Hm, a coupon for what? Switch? PS?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So now we’re doing Cold Steel 2 again but… actually good? Or at least it seems that way?

The devs really decided to redo the general plot structure of CS1 and 2 so they could actually do them well. How nice. Inb4 it actually sucks just as much as CS2 act 2.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

ok

I’d say Aegis Rim, but not if you’re in more of a gameplay mood than story mood. It’s got a fair amount of gameplay, but still mostly story.

Edited by Sooks

ok

Both.

That's basically $18 for two fantastic games.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Arma says both.

How did you know 🤔

Pain.

I'd say 13 Sentinels cause Sparks of Hope will start going on sale every other week eventually. But then again, that is the Gold Edition.

9 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I hope Sooks sees that i edited my thoughts out as it was a slip because i don't ever intend to talk about the series that shall not be named anymore. It just slipped out.

All I saw was that you quoted me, but you had already edited.