• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...ah.

OMG

poster.jpg

The poster has pretty much everything he ever caught be the looks of it, so it's looking like if this holds it'll be a busy series.

Pidgeot being just the same official art is funny and painful at the same time.

Screenshot_2022-12-16-07-50-13-16_0b2fce

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

OMG

poster.jpg

The poster has pretty much everything he ever caught be the looks of it, so it's looking like if this holds it'll be a busy series.

Pidgeot being just the same official art is funny and painful at the same time.

I still love the fact that Ash casually has two legendaries+a Shiny.

Fun fact, Butterfree has been with his GF for 1,200 episodes.

That's a long ass time but somehow not with this series.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still love the fact that Ash casually has two legendaries+a Shiny.

Man, later anime Ash doesn't fuck around does he?

Screenshot_2022-12-16-07-50-13-16_0b2fce

Some people are going on about Team Rocket being in Paldea, but I think the issue is how do you tie them into a new cast?

Edited by Punished Dayni

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Man, later anime Ash doesn't fuck around does he?

Well the shiny Noctowl was Johto but yeah, Ash stopped playing in SunMoon.

..and XY but the guy with the Charizard used Action Replay.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Some people are going on about Team Rocket being in Paldea, but I think the issue is how do you tie them into a new cast?

Team Rocket is so personally connected to Ash, like you can't have one without the other.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

..and XY but the guy with the Charizard used Action Replay.

Far from the first, there's the guy with a Darkrai so broken it swept that league, I'd bet at least some others.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well the shiny Noctowl was Johto

Seems like he caught within the standard rate for shinies considering how many pokemon he has to have faced... And it was a Noctowl.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I personally stopped watching Pokemon after they switched the casts VA's halfway through Pokemon Advanced! 

Old cast was WAY better.

I swapped to JP before the XY run so I could watch the episodes earlier and then I found out English was being robbed the whole time.

I swapped to JP before the XY run so I could watch the episodes earlier and then I found out English was being robbed the whole time.

Sad.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Why does he look younger than the day he let them go

He never ages, clearly!

9 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Time-Lord.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sad

Me when I see the English dub of XY suck all emotion and tension out of the Ash-Greninja vs Mega Sceptile fight.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Do you mean because of the VA work?

The VAs aren't really the issue, it's everything else. JP has music that fits way way more while English just uses what is basically royalty-free music.

The example I mentioned? That fight basically did the "anime OP instrumental during battle" trope in JP. English dub just opted for an extremely bland track. 

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The mobile games did gave him swimwear at least:

cb775afcc60f63d6b41d27db19f2a10dff354f83d1aac87d9855117287190c85cb3ee36b18eaca78

Not bad.  Hawaiian shirt-ish floral print in a color not too far removed from his regular scheme, layered over a diving suit (-or it is just leggings?) for full-body coverage. I like it!

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

😨

The worst thing that could possibly happen to an aquarium! All the poor fishies! (Although probably not as many as may be calculated to die/"be lost" in a week or month due to anthropogenic climate change.)

Hopefully none of them were endangered species if aquariums worldwide have integrated a species preservation program into their mission the way zoos might.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

You guys want to feel old?

Ash's journey is officially ending. He rests as a sun rises on a grateful universe, his mission complete.

Two MCs will take over for Gen 9.

You will now feel old. Think about it. There will be a new generation of people who will grow up with an AniPoke that doesn't have Ash.

Never thought this would happen. Though his eternal youth would see him carry on forever.😧

Perhaps he'll retire in Orre now. I know reading Bulbapedia once years ago that some thought the village elder of Agate Town in Pokemon Colosseum -Eagun if memory serves- sounded like an aged Ash and his wife, Misty. -Obviously wrongful speculation of no value, but it was a quaint idea, imagining an old Ash.

46 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

TBF, the last time I paid serious attention to Pokemon- Gen 5, I think I could already see this as part of a gradual aesthetic shift maybe to some extent.

While I'm not definitely able to say that things in a certain subjective interpretation of the slow shift in Pokemon aesthetics, there is the case of Gold & Silver vs. Heart Gold & Soul Silver. The specific character of the male player option Gold, renamed "Ethan" for the remake IIRC. Maybe you could say that Ethan looks younger than Gold. How much this one instance if true applies to Pokemon on the whole... we'd need to examine a lot more characters, and I haven't the interest in doing so.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The VAs aren't really the issue, it's everything else. JP has music that fits way way more while English just uses what is basically royalty-free music.

The example I mentioned? That fight basically did the "anime OP instrumental during battle" trope in JP. English dub just opted for an extremely bland track. 

Oh, i didn't realise they used different music for different Regions! XD

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

You guys want to feel old?

Ash's journey is officially ending. He rests as a sun rises on a grateful universe, his mission complete.

Two MCs will take over for Gen 9.

You will now feel old. Think about it. There will be a new generation of people who will grow up with an AniPoke that doesn't have Ash.

I guess? But it's like same energy as saying that in living in a post Elizabeth II world... and before that hearing all about living in a post Pope John Paul II world... and so on...

What I mean is, when you hear enough "we are in a post X world", the phrase kinda starts loosing its oophm.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

...ah.

Oh, that finally happened huh. Pidgeot when I suppose, hahaha.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:
1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Team Rocket is so personally connected to Ash, like you can't have one without the other.

Team Rocket are basically Yakuza/Mafia, and the anime had long did the whole "Giovanni wants to extend their reach to the stars above other regions."

Now, whether it's with the Trio we all know and love... well, if I recall, they are VERY popular in Japan. Or at least, they were to the point they axed Misty over them back when Johto ended. So who knows... I wouldn't rule them out just yet...

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not bad.  Hawaiian shirt-ish floral print in a color not too far removed from his regular scheme, layered over a diving suit (-or it is just leggings?) for full-body coverage. I like it!

Yeah, looks like it's just the leggings.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

AHAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler

74jmv0.jpg

Bold of them not to use Misty as one of the three, though.

Also, smh, why is Brock not there but Paul is!? Some logic I'm missing because I can see why Meowth is in.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Apaprently this wasn't meant to come second, and the JP channel already took it down. But it seems Global didn't got the memo... or it will be taken down too.

Oh, nevermind, it's back up in the Japanese channel.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now, whether it's with the Trio we all know and love... well, if I recall, they are VERY popular in Japan. Or at least, they were to the point they axed Misty over them back when Johto ended. So who knows... I wouldn't rule them out just yet...

That's the question we're asking, if the trio come back in the new anime, which they might considering the shorts I hinted at earlier.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pidgeot when I suppose, hahaha.

Me if it doesn't happen:

https://media.tenor.com/68JGgoziDckAAAAC/crying-rain.gif

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

AHAHAHAHAHA

Reveal hidden contents

74jmv0.jpg

Bold of them not to use Misty as one of the three, though.

Oh jeez we're going there.

Please no, there's some rumours already on 4chan about

Spoiler

Ash being new girl's dad

I don't need things to go this far.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Apaprently this wasn't meant to come second, and the JP channel already took it down. But it seems Global didn't got the memo... or it will be taken down too.

Any particular reason for there being a cat beyond time and space?

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Any particular reason for there being a cat beyond time and space?

It'd be spoilers to tell...

You're free to play the game and find out. It's free! Even if it contains a gacha system, it's not that obtrusive, honest I think.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It'd be spoilers to tell...

That makes sense.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You're free to play the game and find out. It's free! Even if it contains a gacha system, it's not that obtrusive, honest I think.

Still totally broken as of recent versions of Proton by the looks of it, RIP me.