Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Pokefusion gets fully explored next gen?

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The Theme of being Fates but ~20 years earlier?

So you enjoy Gen 2 Genealogy now? 😛

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

u2efpsklt27a1.jpg

This was inevitable, they were all kissing it.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Fire Emblem is pretty good at questioning leaders, I think it can't hurt for it to start questioning the systems of governments that create those leaders because so far the story the games have given me is "Monarchy is okay as long as you're nice about it, and if you get a bad king then you'll just have to suck it up and wait for the good kings to save you"

It's one of those things where it's separate from reality because yeah, absolute monarchies suck in real life but in fiction, it's like "alright you do you i suppose".

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What I'm mostly worried about if it's going to be like

In the case of Pyra and Mythra, it was unironically a case of artistic intent. For any of the other characters, it was just "i like boobies" probably which is valid too. The Rare Blade artists for Xenoblade 2 were given free reign in how they wanted to design the characters (all they were given was just a weapon and element prompt) which is why most of them were women.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Remembers how XCX loooooooooooooooooved starting most story chapters.*😒

I will flambe you alive if you try defending that "routine".

Zeke is based because he's funny while also having nuance.

Tatsu is being kicked into the stratosphere.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

VrdNlFi.png

LMAO

The enemy will take Emblem Leif away from us at some point.

We will suffer.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I take it Armagon was downplaying it, then.

Nah he's talking about something else i greatly disliked.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Management of national economies is not something I would've expected out of this game...

XENOBLADE 2 BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

49 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Me when my Pokemon wants to learn a purely buff/debuff move

ezgif-1-02f1cfe7b6b0.gif

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Rare Blade artists for Xenoblade 2 were given free reign in how they wanted to design the characters (all they were given was just a weapon and element prompt) which is why most of them were women.

"No one cares what the guys look like!"

Damn do those words ring true! XD

Now this is to go even further into nostalgia

Zekrom will always hold a special place in my heart for being the first Legendary i ever caught.

Kyurem will always hold a special place in my heart for teaching me not to waste my Master Ball on the box legendary.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

4 hour essay videos be like:

Thinking about that one former Kotaku journalist who had a meltdown over the Dragon's Crown Sorceress. 

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

DC_-_Sorceress_Sprite.gif

really?

Randy.Bruh

715.png

In the actual article itself, Jason called Katimani (the literal head of Vanillaware) a "14-year old boy" (he apologized for this later btw).

It's hilarious too because everyone is exaggerated in Dragon's Crown, that's the point

57242.png

Katimani wanted the DND/LOTR aesthetic but wasn't happy with just the basic looks so he exaggerated everybody because otherwise he felt it would've just gotten buried under the mountain of DND/LOTR-inspired designs out there already. And he was right.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hear, hear!

Fight was a little easy for me because i was Riolu so i had the inherit advantage over Dialga.

..............Now the fight with Palkia on the other hand.....

Darkrai also gave me a lot of trouble Dark Void is only fair when i use it. Had to farm Revival Seeds.

If she's his kid she'll be a perfect anime protag

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

715.png

Actually baffled.

I mean, the idea that said exaggeration is ott, but that third and fifth paragraph are just..... wew.

(On the other hand, one could see articles like this as fuelling some of the sentiments that went into gamergate and look at what the fuck that is)

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, 50 minutes walking under pouring rain.

That's rough.

What's the reason you got caught out?

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With the world turning circles running round your brain?

I get it!

Edited by Punished Dayni

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's hilarious too because everyone is exaggerated in Dragon's Crown, that's the point

And Kamitani has drawn exaggeratedly before. Hellooooooo size disparity between Odin and his daughter,

228997-odin-sphere-playstation-2-screens

like, how is that even possible in-universe?😝

Part of it there would be Odin being a boss, though I wouldn't say that explains everything, since three of the normal-sized heroes are bosses at some point. My guess is it that it wasn't intended to be realistic at all. I'm not saying Odin is actually the size of Onyx or something, only that Kamitani chose to express Odin's narrative importance, his imposing ego, his physical strength, etc., by making him unrealistically large. The insignificance and weakness of Cornelius's father was likewise expressed by making him comically small. It might not be biologically realistic, but Odin's exaggerated size helps express his inner character, which one might deem more important to show than an understanding of human physiology.

At the same time, let's face it, 

zp-186201_Odin-Sphere-Leifthrasir_2015_0

you know why Kamitani drew Elfaria like this.😛

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Kirbo is canon.

Screen-Shot-2022-12-20-at-10-45-15-AM.pn

Cute.😄

Kirby true secret final best Nintendo franchise.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, 50 minutes walking under pouring rain.

🌧️

I'm sure you were absolutely drenched after that. Ugh to that how feels.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

like, how is that even possible in-universe?😝

It's Norse stuff. He probably just chopped someone's head and from the land the blood spilled into she sprouted like a plant.

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With the world turning circles running round your brain?

Had been a while since I last had a Roundabout moment.

42 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That's rough.

What's the reason you got caught out?

Had to go back to the office from another building, then home. I was also with my coworker, who is in really bad shape and cannot move at the speed I can. We were carrying a bag full of electronic gizmos we didn't want to get wet, too. Had to carry it half the way, tucked under my arm. Left my arms tired, which made holding the umbrella for 50 minutes straight fun.

My other coworker had the right idea. Just left right for home without even going back to check out. Sadly, my home was a lot further away and I didn't want to leave the other guy carrying that bag the entire way. Foolhardy masculine pride made him carry it half the way so as not to "look bad", but it was starting to hurt his back and eventually he had to relent and let me have it.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

🌧️

For a moment I thought this was Touhou and I was going to be like "shoulda known to dodge the raindrops."

Pretty nice piano.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm sure you were absolutely drenched after that. Ugh to that how feels.

Parts of me were soaked. Umbrella and good shoes protected some of me, though.