Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Played one more fight of AP this morning. Admittedly, I'm starting to get a little tired of it and ready to swap into something else after spending the past couple days rushing through almost half of it. Watching NPC Master Gundam spend its EN recklessly makes me feel ashamed for having been soooooo misery with EN consumption and using the flavorless Distant Crusher 90% of the time.

Next fight is Lantau Island, which means HP Regen boss, which means maybe it's time to spend a few of those NG+ funds that have been sitting unused + all the income I've gained since. The problem is, I'm not sure who to invest it in. The final battles give you 14 unit slots and the two battleships. A Protag is forced into the final fight and I'd use them regardless, Dragonar-3 is too convenient, Trowa is the best support attacker around, Quattro for his Ace Bonus is also likely -but only once he has the Sazabi, and I suppose Domon even without Ultimate and Love Love Ts is too good. That still leaves ten endgame slots open though. Admittedly, my first run wasn't a picture of consistency. Getter and the two Maz saw heavy use (Koji and Tetsuya were among my very first Aces), but the 'zingers and Daimos too largely fell off later, the midgame constants of the Shuffle Alliance got replaced by the Wing crew, I exactly don't feel like using Getter this time either.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Here're my "S-tier" gameplay games

9YfQi4A.png

I get b/c witch, but I'm still surprised to see Bayonetta on here. I had no idea you had played it.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SORRY NOT WATCHING!🙈

I'm patiently waiting for OGG fan-translation, and need to reserve my initial wonder for the Ialdy (pfffff that OGs 2.5 gave you it for not even two turns, with only two attacks) for when that happens. I feel a ting of guilt whenever I crack and listen to the OGs version of Crimson Shura God as is (the Exceed version of that and Roar, Oh One Who Breaks Supremacy are fine tho').

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Played one more fight of AP this morning. Admittedly, I'm starting to get a little tired of it and ready to swap into something else after spending the past couple days rushing through almost half of it. Watching NPC Master Gundam spend its EN recklessly makes me feel ashamed for having been soooooo misery with EN consumption and using the flavorless Distant Crusher 90% of the time.

Next fight is Lantau Island, which means HP Regen boss, which means maybe it's time to spend a few of those NG+ funds that have been sitting unused + all the income I've gained since. The problem is, I'm not sure who to invest it in. The final battles give you 14 unit slots and the two battleships. A Protag is forced into the final fight and I'd use them regardless, Dragonar-3 is too convenient, Trowa is the best support attacker around, Quattro for his Ace Bonus is also likely -but only once he has the Sazabi, and I suppose Domon even without Ultimate and Love Love Ts is too good. That still leaves ten endgame slots open though. Admittedly, my first run wasn't a picture of consistency. Getter and the two Maz saw heavy use (Koji and Tetsuya were among my very first Aces), but the 'zingers and Daimos too largely fell off later, the midgame constants of the Shuffle Alliance got replaced by the Wing crew, I exactly don't feel like using Getter this time either.

I'd say, when I play SRW I tend to go for using the mains of every series, with one or two supporter type units (as in, mainly those who can Repair and Resupply). Few times I deviate from that norm, like in D where I go for a bunch of Reals due to the weird way damage calculations are done there which means Supers aren't as tanky as they should be.

Which reminds me how the VTX trilogy it's like 24 deployment slots at the end for each, and I already got it covered there on who to take, heh. Heck, in T I already got 23 of the 24 in the party already. Just missing a certain White Devil...

...And listening to the Exceed version of Crimson Shura God made me see in the description that Alady and Domon have the same VA (and Mr. Anime Aestivalis). On the one hand, I don't mind typecasting in this case.😄 On the other... having heard Domon's new lines in T were of questionable quality b/c of age, and Japan's stance on VAs... so much for my fantasy of 3rd OG bringing over the other four original playables from EF.🙁

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, when I play SRW I tend to go for using the mains of every series, with one or two supporter type units (as in, mainly those who can Repair and Resupply).

I more or less did this with 30's final battles. Although barring a few (the glut of Gunbusters and the other lesser Gundam characters, most of the Majestic Prince cast, the Giant Sang Aung) I rotated in more or less everybody over the course of the game. -But that game was enormous and easy enough so I could get away with that.

Considering AP had a less broken and more challenging endgame, I felt like I didn't have the luxury of doing that. I stuck with what I thought the best, perhaps being too narrow in my analysis on that first run.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

like in D where I go for a bunch of Reals due to the weird way damage calculations are done there which means Supers aren't as tanky as they should be.

I've heard of this imbalance. Admittedly, 30 is the only game where I've embraced Super durability, dodgetanking was too easy in OGs and AP isn't the friendliest to durability either.

When D gets fully translated, I've already decided that I'll pick the female lead (probably Real to make things a little easier on the first run) and take Ventus b/c I did read comments that he didn't luck out in OG while Glacies did.

...And listening to the Exceed version of Crimson Shura God made me see in the description that Alady and Domon have the same VA (and Mr. Anime Aestivalis). On the one hand, I don't mind typecasting in this case.😄 On the other... having heard Domon's new lines in T were of questionable quality b/c of age, and Japan's stance on VAs... so much for my fantasy of 3rd OG bringing over the other four original playables from EF.🙁

Yeah, that's certainly going to be a problem for the short-term future.

I more or less did this with 30's final battles. Although barring a few (the glut of Gunbusters and the other lesser Gundam characters, most of the Majestic Prince cast, the Giant Sang Aung) I rotated in more or less everybody over the course of the game. -But that game was enormous and easy enough so I could get away with that.

Considering AP had a less broken and more challenging endgame, I felt like I didn't have the luxury of doing that. I stuck with what I thought the best, perhaps being too narrow in my analysis on that first run.

Oh yeah, 30 is large enough for the bench to simply be the resting spot instead of a permanent duty, hahaha.

I've heard of this imbalance. Admittedly, 30 is the only game where I've embraced Super durability, dodgetanking was too easy in OGs and AP isn't the friendliest to durability either.

When D gets fully translated, I've already decided that I'll pick the female lead (probably Real to make things a little easier on the first run) and take Ventus b/c I did read comments that he didn't luck out in OG while Glacies did.

Oh yeah, recruiting the Ruina party member tends to be best with the Real robots, else you lose the other protagonist as sub-pilot if you go for the Super Robot.

Yep, that happened. I suppose Glacies escaped that fate since she's fated to die anyway... but then, that may be bound to change in OG continuity...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Wait, if this is a theoretical FE map, doesn't that mean you'll perish?

Eliwood exists!

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

get b/c witch, but I'm still surprised to see Bayonetta on here.

Less witch and more i really dig the gameplay. Platinum action really hits the spot

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

had no idea you had played it.

Yeah has been a while. Probably before i made my account over here.

Still didn't play 2 or 3 tho, but i plan to.

I beat the last Pom Party opponent… I have no more to play against……

I’ve won, but at what cost?

(I also got every book, fish, and master quartz, and finished every quest and got the highest Thors Unity Ranking, but who cares?)

All that’s left now is the final dungeon (probably).

EZ9xrYp.png

xMwvSDQ.png

This game was made four years before I was born

9 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I treat Byleth as a sliding block on ice myself.

This being on handheld I'd tilt the Switch.

That's also pretty fun.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still flipping out over the Andrew Tate thing. Just, how do you manage to screw yourself this bad? For no reason! There was no fight, he started it, proceeded to lose spectacularly and then got himself arrested.

Heck, his brother was also arrested. Imagine being his brother. Imagine setting up a human trafficking ring, and then you find yourself in jail because your dumbass brother picked a fight with a 19-year-old girl on Twitter. It's like Capone being downed by a parking ticket, but somehow even MORE pathetic. And poetic, seeing how Greta, being a young woman, is exactly the type of person these assholes went after.

What a fucking way to end 2022. They better not put them in shared cells, 'cause if I was the other Tate I'd be looking to shank him first chance I got lol

Thanks, Elon. Couldn't have happened without you.

This really was the fuck around and find out year for powerful people, I could not be more happy.

"ReV eNeMiEs DoN'T hAvE sKiLlS!"

Me: whoops, left some guys in Malig Knight range, but they should be fi-

Lunge Malig Knight:

f0a18bbb-3726-4b67-b90e-ddea5907b958_tex

My generic: Dies.

20 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

This really was the fuck around and find out year for powerful people, I could not be more happy.

Frankly let's see some more finding out imo, but that's one way to end a year.

Oh right, I neglected to mention it. I swung by the store this morning and picked up a new mouse. And while I was at it, well, I relented. I am now the proud owner of Ike.

Perhaps his presence will make my life really easy? I'd appreciate that.

55 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

EZ9xrYp.png

Ah yes, Manella. The character everyone loves. Proud first member of the "there isn't a joke here, I am just awful and that's it" running stereotype of the series.

57 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Small victories. I'll take it.

32 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

"ReV eNeMiEs DoN'T hAvE sKiLlS!"

Me: whoops, left some guys in Malig Knight range, but they should be fi-

Lunge Malig Knight:

f0a18bbb-3726-4b67-b90e-ddea5907b958_tex

My generic: Dies.

Not the generic!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

at the last Pom Party

I misread "Pom" as something else literally every time.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Eliwood exists!

Elishrimp

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh right, I neglected to mention it. I swung by the store this morning and picked up a new mouse. And while I was at it, well, I relented. I am now the proud owner of Ike.

You named the mouse Ike? Hopefully you don't own a cat as well...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I beat the last Pom Party opponent… I have no more to play against……

Good news, Reverie actually lets you choose a Pom Party Avatar! So you don't have to use Rean's! XD

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You named the mouse Ike? Hopefully you don't own a cat as well...

I own multiple, or well, "own". They are semi-ferals that live outside. Come home to cry and ask for food. My dad never wanted any cats inside, but he has to admit it's nice not to have mice infesting the place.

In any case, I will try not to feed Ike to my cats. He could give them an indikegestion, and that'd be no good, no good.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I own multiple, or well, "own". They are semi-ferals that live outside. Come home to cry and ask for food. My dad never wanted any cats inside, but he has to admit it's nice not to have mice infesting the place.

In any case, I will try not to feed Ike to my cats. He could give them an indikegestion, and that'd be no good, no good.

Over at my grandparents' we kinda had eight of those at some point. Cats from the other houses in the street that would come to hang out and, well, meow for food, haha. Recognized neutral territory I guess. lol

I really like Ace Attorney, it's the perfect visual novel for me because the whole point is that you're trying to analyze the story and figure out what's going on.

That being said it does sometimes just fall into trail and error but I'll take what I can get.

Also on my list is Starfox Adventures which I hear is...interesting.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though the translation is only months younger!

Makes me wonder what the original text was like.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is adorable.

May Ike the mouse long live supreme.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, Manella. The character everyone loves. Proud first member of the "there isn't a joke here, I am just awful and that's it" running stereotype of the series.

Have you played much of the games?

Edited by Edelguardiansing

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That is adorable.

May Ike the mouse long live supreme.

You know, I'm starting to believe you guys actually think I got a pet mouse as opposed to a computer mouse and the Ike amiibo I brought up before.

Like c'mon if I got an actual pet mouse I'd obviously call it Garon

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Have you played much of the games?

Original trilogy, Apollo Justice, both Investigations, both Great Ace Attorneys and the first couple hours of the Layton spin-off before the hack got me hopelessly distracted. I should get back to that someday.

Investigations 2 is the best game in the series.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I'm starting to believe you guys actually think I got a pet mouse as opposed to a computer mouse and the Ike amiibo I brought up before.

Nah, I totally did it on purpose. And it worked! lol

Otherwise I would've just put it on strikethrough, but I thought trying to trip someone up, in case they didn't read or forgot your posts about the amiibo, would be funnier. Or get them to play along. Either outcome would be amusing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What if it were a brown mouse?

I feel like you can't do that with a brown mouse unlike if it were in the range of black to white.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Over at my grandparents' we kinda had eight of those at some point. Cats from the other houses in the street that would come to hang out and, well, meow for food, haha. Recognized neutral territory I guess. lol

So they'd have a place to cat-ch up and a feline feast at the demeowliterised zone. Wonder why they felt there was safe to do so.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So they'd have a place to cat-ch up and a feline feast at the demeowliterised zone. Wonder why they felt there was safe to do so.

Admittedly, it began because the first two were strays. Or I think they were. So we gave them food one day... and well, started coming over. How that made the rest of the cats come, specially since two others were from several houses apart, I don't know. XD

Four of them were from the house right across the street, so for that I guess it was proximity? Still, the point is, we gave food to a pair of stray cats, then we had a whole bunch coming over soon afterwards, even though they had houses of their own, hahahaha.

Still, yeah, it was curious how they all got along. Though I guess it helped they began doing it when they were quite young, so they just got used to sharing the food source, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

WHAT A DAMN FOOL I HAVE BEEN, TO MISS SUCH CRUCIAL AND VITAL INFORMATION. THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL IS ALL I DESERVE FOR SUCH A BLUNDER!!!

Anyways, is it a wireless mouse? I know wired mouses are easier to keep track of but I personally prefer wireless.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, I totally did it on purpose. And it worked! lol

Otherwise I would've just put it on strikethrough, but I thought trying to trip someone up, in case they didn't read or forgot your posts about the amiibo, would be funnier. Or get them to play along. Either outcome would be amusing.

Quetzal has fallen victim to your foul schemes. You should be ashamed of yourself.

14 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

What if it were a brown mouse?

I feel like you can't do that with a brown mouse unlike if it were in the range of black to white.

I would still call it Garon.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, it began because the first two were strays. Or I think they were. So we gave them food one day... and well, started coming over. How that made the rest of the cats come, specially since two others were from several houses apart, I don't know. XD

Four of them were from the house right across the street, so for that I guess it was proximity? Still, the point is, we gave food to a pair of stray cats, then we had a whole bunch coming over soon afterwards, even though they had houses of their own, hahahaha.

Still, yeah, it was curious how they all got along. Though I guess it helped they began doing it when they were quite young, so they just got used to sharing the food source, heh.

My cats only fight over tasty food. If we feed them something they don't like as much they just keep following us and meowing.

...Well, we do have one massive weirdo of a cat that never meows, never fights, never flirts or gets flirted with and always sits calmly waiting for everyone else to finish eating. We don't even know if it's a boy or a girl. It just... is.

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

WHAT A DAMN FOOL I HAVE BEEN, TO MISS SUCH CRUCIAL AND VITAL INFORMATION. THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL IS ALL I DESERVE FOR SUCH A BLUNDER!!!

You suffer for your sins.

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Anyways, is it a wireless mouse? I know wired mouses are easier to keep track of but I personally prefer wireless.

Wired. I don't personally enjoy wireless mouses.