• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Alright, routed on turn 5, got the SR Point!

The group isn't happy to know they have to deal with an interstellar conflict, considering the Earth Sphere is full of conflict already as it is. In the meantime, they learn Saizo has been transferred to a hospital...

Over at the HQ, Goldwin has been briefed on the events. He'll take his leave to attend the response meeting with Chief Taiga and company, leaving the Secretary to take care of things in the meantime (I should point she's a legit character here, despite just being called Secretary). He wonders if this is a trial to overcome for humanity to enter a new Golden Age.

Back with SS3, they're worried about Saizo, but there's nothing they can do for now. Rami blames herself for not having acted quicker, but the others tell her it's the UND who is at fault. Amasaki then says that, with the Tyranado's destruction, the Gespenst was declared winner. Which means, SS3 will be dissolved. Still, Meryl and Amies want to repair the Tyranado. Rami, meanwhile, is truly thinking on resigning now... though also mentionig she plans to take the Quark Drive with her. Hmm...

Huh, only now I'm noticing the Scenario Flash Card only now dropped... likely the point where it'd be fitting to show the title.

In any case, the scenario is... over.

Well then. I think I'm calling it a day for SRW T. What a way to be ending the year. Will continue tomorrow... with something likewise appropriate to start the new year...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Retail work man.

Mood

iAtEpXj.png

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why?

He's salty because Rufus killed [REDACTED]

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Black Alberich kinda bad. Rufus good.

And Jusis GOAT as always.

Rufus being alright it something I can get on board with, their family dynamic is decent for CS standards.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

To make you adapt to the ways of the Sea!

You've gotta be squidding me... This is some Inkredibly bad luck. Good thing we aren't going to get Calamarried, right?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Retail work man.

We closed at 3 today, and there was a lady who was staring at us taking all the produce down for, like, five minutes.

It was terrifying, but also funny.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah.

By the way, this reminds me: Why is Black Adam white?

🎵Get away!! いつか 悪が滅びるまで

たとえこの生命が燃え尽きても

Get away!! そうさ 誰も止められない

正義の力が嵐を呼ぶのさ マイトガイン🎵

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, this is Fodlan. You gotta pass the certification exam to be a Thief. So Kostas simply flashes his Diploma if anyone's asking. Thief is a legit 9-5 job.

Thief also gets benefits too! Not too shabby.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Why?

He's simply mid.

2 hours ago, Green06 said:

He's salty because Rufus killed [REDACTED]

Bold of you to assume I cared about Redacted too.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

thjgtuR.jpg
Shouldn’t this have been mentioned like 8 games ago

But Tita has an orbital space laser...

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

You've gotta be squidding me... This is some Inkredibly bad luck. Good thing we aren't going to get Calamarried, right?

To my knowledge, this is actually how Squid Girl speaks in the dub. In JP, she just ends her sentences with "de - geso".

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why is Black Adam white

Same reason why Pokemon Black has the white Legendary.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thief also gets benefits too! Not too shabby.

Alas, not much appreciation for the star pupil of the Garreg Mach Class of 1157, graduated with top honors.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

This is your Public Service Announcement for all that mecha trivia you didn't asked for but you're getting anyway.

2023 is the year that the events of Gunbuster begin.

So be sure to meet the new year with Hard Work, Guts...

And a giant robot to SUPAH INAZUMA KICK the year into gear.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In JP, she just ends her sentences with "de - geso".

I don't know what that means, though...

To my knowledge, this is actually how Squid Girl speaks in the dub

Based.

Same reason why Pokemon Black has the white Legendary.

I've never played B/W...

Edited by Benice

hello teehee, here's 2023.

I was busy till now, missed saying it for the last 80 or so minutes it's been so far.

5 hours ago, Green06 said:

W66jaqll oUm4iuit7 o

We have photographs of the guy.:

Makarij,_Theofan_of_Poltava_and_RasputinRasputin_Photo.jpg

1024px-Rasputin_PA.jpg

Where is the beard?

A little surprised it would take Fate that long to add him. SMT had him (or rather, an android made to look like him sent by a dystopian government from the future to assure that time continues uninterrupted along a course that assures said government exists, unfortunately for the gov't his all-too-Rasputin personality is such he would rather drink and try flirting with women than do the job he was created for) take a notable role back in the PS2 era. The madman is worthy of any romp through more modern "mythology".

It's also thanks to a 1932 American film on the crazy priest -Rasputin and the Empress- that that "This is a work of fiction. Blah blah blah. Any resemblances to real persons and events is coincidental." disclaimer that shows up at the start of so many movies and video games exists.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Mercenaries and thieves is a pretty common fantasy trope, to the point where some works have characters that are that literally just cause. Like Atelier. Quite a few Atelier characters are mercenaries simply because they can be.

Mercenaries continue to exist -with some controversy over their actions- to this day- Blackwater.

For European history up to and including the Early Modern era, mercenaries were useful because premodern states didn't necessarily have the resources for training a large army. Peasant conscripts weren't exactly quality soldiers, and an aristocratic warrior class like medieval knights had quality but not quantity. Mercenaries weren't tied to the land (either as legal serfs or the simple reality that if you conscript too many farmers, there won't be a enough food come harvest time) nor tied up in noble privileges, which was liberating for monarchs who hired them -provided they had the cash to afford them. Mercenaries peak in European usage with the Thirty Years' War ending in 1648, although they continued to be used in reduced capacities until the French Revolution, which revealed the power of a conscript citizen army fed the propaganda of nationalism.

Prior to the medieval era... well the Roman Empire during its decline increasing used "barbarian" soldiers. Whether they were mercenaries or officially integrated or reached some kind of land settlement within the Empire agreement with the emperors I'm not so sure of. For a time, I forget when, Greek mercenaries were popular in the eastern Mediterranean.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reminds me of a line in the description of Xerns in XCX.:

Additionally, the carriers can interface with attack satellites in geostationary orbit to unleash offensives that no amount of evasive maneuvering could escape.

This shouldn't be possible. But then, it is flavor text, and one could say this would be true in normal circumstances.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This is your Public Service Announcement for all that mecha trivia you didn't asked for but you're getting anyway.

2023 is the year that the events of Gunbuster begin.

Thank you.

I'll be sure to give my thoughts on said series if/when I get to an SRW with it.😉

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

#FireWorksGang?

No, was with family for most of the evening including during the countdown. The brief time I was in town ended before that too, went home for that.

Had to listen to Westlife either side of the fireworks, blech.

Final battle time.

Also

Nice to finally get another good track in this game.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He's simply mid.

Xeno bad

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh my god, Armagon just solved Trails.

Tita is Aidios.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I've never played B/W...

It’s just Yin/Yang symbolism, I believe.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mercenaries continue to exist -with some controversy over their actions- to this day- Blackwater.

"From Russia with love."

Wagner, probably.

Mercenaries weren't tied to the land (either as legal serfs or the simple reality that if you conscript too many farmers, there won't be a enough food come harvest time) nor tied up in noble privileges, which was liberating for monarchs who hired them -provided they had the cash to afford them.

Of course, until the monarchs had no choice but to paid them with land and titles, so mercenaries effectively "upgraded" to feudal lords.

Thank you.

I'll be sure to give my thoughts on said series if/when I get to an SRW with it.😉

You're certainly limited there, since the only SRW with Gunbuster in it that can be played in English as of this moment is SRW T itself.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Where is the beard?

Yeah, the one in Fate just looks like the priest guy from Fate/Stay Night.

It's not Rasputin if there's no beard.

The Master clears btw

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah it's one of those things where the fantasy is generally more noble than what happens irl.

Same with pirates. The idea of pirates in fantasy is ADVENTURE but in real life, they are murderers.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Xeno bad

Hey now, Xeno is a pretty chill character. Same with Leo.