Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yesss. Feed me, one and all. Deliver unto me thy sweet tears.

You bastard²

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkbQhoRaEAQpRtP?format=jpg&name=large

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You were the chosen one, how can Alisa not be top tier? Though Towa being so high is good.

Towa best

https://i.redd.it/jua8lp258l681.png

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The existence of pointless incest implies the existence of necessary incest.

Yes.

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

The Graveyard is a second hand nowadays lmao

This is why i stopped playing, game became way too braindead and options were now given rather than earned.

48 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sure, keeping something obviously broken may mean more options on paper, but in practice, it actually means less options when you always gotta account for blatantly broken stuff.

I'd argue sterilizing the game and having players only use "approved" strategies creates less options than if all hell was broken loose.

On the high variance front, there's a reason why evasion and OHKO moves are banned.

Me when i use Sheer Cold and it misses (it hasn't landed once in the entire tournament)

Fe3fYUtXgAAxVSo.png

Only time i could even reliably get OHKO moves to work is in Doubles thanks to Victini's Victory Star ability.

Speaking of, i found out SV does not have Victini, as well as Darkrai, in the code which means that SV are fucking garbage games actually. 

Swagplay

I had to look this up. Bruh.

Confusion is always a 50/50 coinflip, and being able to use a move only half of the time is uncompetitive, if not broken.

Bruh. As opposed to what, Will-o-Wisp and Toxic, which can't be cured and will certainly doom any mons affected by them to a slow painful death? Swagger is quite literally one of the most risk-reward moves in the game. Yeah you confuse the enemy but

• confusion can wear off frame 1
  • Even if it doesn't, if the confusion doesn't work that turn, it can seriously mess you up
  • Own Tempo Pokemon laugh

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Now that i think about it, "calz" is used quite a lot huh.

• Calzetine (another word for socks)
  • Calzonsillos (another word for underwear)
  • Calzado/r (shoehorn)

Ok i guess that's not quite a lot but apart from shoehorn, it's used for interior clothing.

Could be another case of different regional spelling, but where I come from that's calcetines and calzoncillos. Pronounced differently depending on the region, but as far as I know the spelling should always be the same.

Anyway, on point, there's a bit of a pattern there, yeah. Especially if you consider that calzado also means "footwear". That fits the pattern.

1 hour ago, Green06 said:

You bastard²

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkbQhoRaEAQpRtP?format=jpg&name=large

And you don't even know the other thing I did that I know would upset you!

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Could be another case of different regional spelling, but where I come from that's calcetines and calzoncillos. Pronounced differently depending on the region, but as far as I know the spelling should always be the same.

Anyway, on point, there's a bit of a pattern there, yeah. Especially if you consider that calzado also means "footwear". That fits the pattern.

There's also calzada, as in, road.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That comes from Latin, I'm pretty sure. Like a lot of other things - probably all of these words, too.

Yeah, calciata, meaning rocky path.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I was only expecting you do the pairings possible in-game, but thanks.

You were the chosen one, how can Alisa not be top tier? Though Towa being so high is good.

Because Towa, Jusis, and Crow are better pairings.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The existence of pointless incest implies the existence of necessary incest.

Incest that adds something to the plot

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Is the gestation period altered if the child is half-human?

Nah. You just grow faster.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait, you’re a squid? I’m 100% squid?

I'm only a squid when I play splatoon.

...You were not conceived in Splatoon, by the way.

3 hours ago, Green06 said:

Yakuza 0

C'mon, the ponytail is S-tier!

3 hours ago, Green06 said:

Reina

I knew it

Swampert when the Electric-Type Tera-changes into a Grass-Type

tenor_72.gif

Swampert predicting the tera and using Ice Beam:

s29cye4.jpg

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That comes from Latin, I'm pretty sure. Like a lot of other things - probably all of these words, too.

Yeah, calciata, meaning rocky path.

Well, so does calzado... or basically anything derived from calzar. From calceus, meaning shoe.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pronounced differently depending on the region, but as far as I know the spelling should always be the same.

I was sounding it out.

Oh for the record, Venezuelans say "interiores" for underwear and "medias" for socks is a bit more universal.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Venezuelans use "caretera". Or "calle'.

Well this may also be universal.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

Swampert predicting the tera and using Ice Beam:

s29cye4.jpg

And that's the fun of it.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, most steel and ghost mons are gonna be slower, especially if it already got a Dragon Dance off beforehand.

Dragonite's speed is pretty mid unless scarfed. Common Ghost threats like Annihilape are faster too,  and Gholdengo can do the trick as well. After a dragon dance, unless scarfed, Cyclizar and Chien-Pao are both faster. And again, you could also counter with your own Tera, adding any number of pokemon with a speed stat>80 as effective counters.

Alternatively, trick room so that slower 'mons go first.

Extreme Speed Dragonite is strong, but it has lots of answers and comes at the opportunity cost of being the only 'mon on the team able to Tera if you use it.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

. On the high variance front, there's a reason why evasion and OHKO moves are banned. I'd say Terastallization falls under that as well. 

Huh? There's very little comparison between the two. Evasion and OHKO moves are just luck; the only strategy involved with them is either boosting evade as high as possible then Swords Dancing, or hoping you hit the OHKO moves; additionally there are no really good answers to such a strategy; there's basically just Hone Claws and Coil.

Tera has no RNG, is entirely based on skill in reading the opponent, can only be used once, and has its own downsides. It's not an instant win condition, but a tool in every player's box. They add variance, but not in a way that's altogether unfair; again, as the type system of pokemon is balanced within reason, so too is tera-typing. I don't see why they should remove a mechanic that adds depth to strategy and rewards new plays.

Hence my critique of the competitive scene essentially being a stat-race to see who wins.

There is more to it than that (though I really do understand what you mean), but yeah, Tera adds so much strategy to the whole thing.

...Not that I ever win regardless, but it's still nice.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And that's the fun of it.

Absolutely! Predictability gets punished, creativity gets rewarded. If you use weird pokemon and the other player hasn't a clue what you're doing, you give yourself an advantage. Normally, not using the same teams everyone builds just means you lose unless you play another person without that team.

...Plus, I love bamboozling people with my Dragon Oricorio.

Edited by Benice

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Predictability gets punished, creativity gets rewarded.

That time Pokemon teams got so stale that somebody said "what if I use Pachirisu" and proceeded to win the whole thing.

2 hours ago, Green06 said:

I just had the best night's sleep in a long time...

lWXIx2IL_o.jpg

2 hours ago, Green06 said:

It's kinda mid since it was building towards a new set of DLCs that were cancelled, but you may like if you want to see Insomnia in all it's glory.

Gotcha.

45 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ok why have i been on a Toradora mood lately

Never a bad time for that.

54 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh, Emperor forgive us all.

Began RF5. A snappy opening trailer might I say. The introductory days are a little slow ofc (which are all I played so far), but I expect the pace will now accelerate.

Starting off with four females in the introduction (and Livia... why not use the MC of the gender you didn't pick instead? Seems like it'd be a good place to slot them in, she already looks like a mini FeMC), well I suppose it's b/c females are "naturally more welcoming". -I don't have a problem with this.

Murakumo as the first male introduced is a little odd to me, why not Martin or Rykker (who look a tad too similar design-wise) instead? Though I don't mind the choice. Speaking of designs outside of parenthesizes, Murakumo is distinctive, being an uncle is decidedly a little older than the RF dateable norm too. If it is true that Marvelous had intended to include s/s marriage from the start with RF5, then Murakumo might be evidence of that. From what I have glimpsed, older, muscular, fully-furry furry characters is a significant niche within bara. Yaoi by contrast seems to prefer animal ears and tails but otherwise leaves their furries physically human prettyboys, ala Laguz and other FE shapeshifters (including females) such as Kaden. Otomes seem to agree with yaoi, if that is any good indicator of the straight female preferences of the expected playerbase in terms of what anthropomorphic beasts should look like.

It's much too early to make any judgements on any character, the introductions weren't particularly zesty. And two each of the bachelor/ettes aren't available yet. Cecil does seem a tad too young, not helped by the fact that the last eager male detective I encountered in a game was a shota, and I don't get why they would have to when RF5 has brought back the designated male & female child duo tradition that RF4 seems to have skipped on despite every other game having one. The general store owner seems like he would've have been a decent catch. Visually, the game is a bit lacking yeah, the town should be prettier when it's so central to the game, yet I'll accept these franchise graphical-transitioning pains (Tides of Destiny was quite some time ago), and it isn't so bad in what little I've seen in dungeons.

I played until I got the request to head into the forest formerly blocked by a log. I think the game could do a bit of a better job of indicating enemy level or something, because I did already get KO'ed once on Spring 3rd wandering into the forest east of town, to an orc archer. No biggie.

It has been... *checks ToD's release date* about a decade since I last seriously played a Rune Factory game? I'm not floored yet for sure, but there is a subtle happiness in returning to an old franchise for which I had fondness.🙂 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There is also the Roman emperor Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, who is far, far better known by the childhood nickname given to him by the soldiers his daddy commanded- Caligula. Literally "Little Boot", caligae being a type of Roman military footwear. I can imagine it might've driven him insane had Caligula known he was going to be immortalized in history by such a puerile moniker.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

qlKfc5b.png

Oh God, the subtitle though. I thought the title was funny enough. The subtitle is straight up one of those unfunny "reword a sentence in an exaggeratedly verbose manner" memes, with some Engrish thrown in for good measure.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, so does calzado... or basically anything derived from calzar. From calceus, meaning shoe.

A big chunk of the Spanish language comes from Latin, at that.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I was sounding it out.

Oh for the record, Venezuelans say "interiores" for underwear and "medias" for socks is a bit more universal.

We use ropa interior, but that covers bras and panties as well. It's more of a generic term for all types of underwear. Medias is used for stockings here, not regular socks.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Venezuelans use "caretera". Or "calle'.

Well this may also be universal.

Yeah we use those as well, though calle does mean street rather than road.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is also the Roman emperor Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, who is far, far better known by the childhood nickname given to him by the soldiers his daddy commanded- Caligula. Literally "Little Boot", caligae being a type of Roman military footwear. I can imagine it might've driven him insane had Caligula known he was going to be immortalized in history by such a puerile moniker.

Ah yeah, Caligula. Isn't he the guy that wanted his horse to succeed him?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A big chunk of the Spanish language comes from Latin, at that.

Pretty much. The rest coming from Arab and whatever indigenous languages of the places the Spanish went to.

Edited by Acacia Sgt