Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

On 5/2/2023 at 3:16 PM, Lightchao42 said:

34yx3j.png

(Though I respect your opinion

Benice becomes Teehee enemy #1 in one fell statement, colorized:

On 5/2/2023 at 3:16 PM, Lightchao42 said:

mean, I'm not sure if you're in a position to remind people to finish things.

Is it bad that I thought that this was a sex joke

also ouch

On 5/2/2023 at 7:55 PM, Armagon said:

The first half or so of the game focuses a lot on character moments, introducing you to them. Then once all the relevant players are assembled, then the story goes full force

Right, but characterization doesn't have to be independent of plot; if the story is going where I think it's going, basically none of the first half had much of anything to do with anything going on in the last bit aside from introducing the characters. Lots of stories I love are kind of slow burn or primarily character driven, but... I dunno man, even if the last three chapters of XB2 are the greatest thing ever, I still don't know if I'd consider the story to be that good simply because it looks like it's going to be pretty separate from the first six.

Plus, so far... I'm not entirely fussed with the cast. I think Zeke and Pandoria are funny and I don't particularly dislike anyone, but maybe even because of the lack of plot relevance, I feel like they haven't really sparkled, y'know? Comparing it to the only other JRPG I've played, LAD, the main cast isn't together until, like, more than two thirds into the game, but there's so much stuff happening and still lots of moments for the cast to shine.

Also Nim exists and I kind of hate that she does.

Also, if you want another game that spends a lot of time making you get attached to characters, please please Yakuza: Like A Dragon it's really good

On 5/2/2023 at 7:55 PM, Armagon said:

Seems like it's just not for you then in regards to this element.

I mean, I like it, I just wished I understood it.

...I also probably borked the difficulty settings, I'll have to remember to check that when I get back to XB2.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:43 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, Esteban had excellent aim in my Minimum Ranks run.

...Then I discovered Serenes lied and I couldn't have got him. He failed me the challenge.

Esteban moment.

But at least I got to watch Pursuit Rossweisse in action.

I told you it was good!

do know that every screenshot of Xenoblade's combat I've ever seen induces severe sensory overload. Numbers, numbers everywhere.

I will say, although there is a lot going on, the combat UI mostly makes sense! Well, I think it does, at least.

I mean, that's kind of an unfair comparison. I still remember the time Yakuza had me advising a fledging dominatrix on how best to torture her clients. That's fucking incredible.

Okay, true.

Why

When Roaming the Burning Wastes starts playing:

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Okay, true.

I'm still bitter over the fact that I spoke from the heart and the game told me I was wrong, what do they fucking know, they're Japanese

51 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Can’t let you go that Benice!

Hold up, I can beat you both.

Ahem.

Xenoblade designs bad.

Discuss.

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

Thats what Trails has evolved into!

Yes, clearly I did the right thing avoiding the bullet altogether.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, I was ready to settle for fangames and KagaSaga forever until Engage happened.

KagaSaga is also just FE tbf.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But yeah, there's really no indication that the continent is meant to be like, too huge. Even Fodlan is stated to be 2/3 of Europe, size-wise

We get one aerial shot from like the planet's atmosphere and the sea distance seems reasonably large.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Right, but characterization doesn't have to be independent of plot

On the contrary, the characterization is the plot. Characters make the story (usually, I know there are some stories where it doesn't really matter). Part of the reason I tend to gravitate towards slice-of-life or games that have additional character moments of outside the main story is because the characters are the reason I'm there. Could have the best plot in the world but if I ain't caring about the characters, what's the point?

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Also Nim exists and I kind of hate that she does.

Oh I agree on this.

Also, if you want another game that spends a lot of time making you get attached to characters, please please Yakuza: Like A Dragon it's really good

I do have it downloaded. Idk when I'll get to it tho.

mean, I like it, I just wished I understood it.

Well you also talked about the varying enemy levels in the world. Personally, it's what truly makes the worlds feel alive but some people are put off by it.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We get one aerial shot from like the planet's atmosphere and the sea distance seems reasonably large.

The shot showing Gradlon, no? Then again, we can see bits of Brodia and Elusia in the horizon, so...

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The shot showing Gradlon, no? Then again, we can see bits of Brodia and Elusia in the horizon, so...

Mm. So....about the size of the Mediterranean then?

It looks like Cold Steel III separated link levels and bond levels, so doing bonding events won't raise the former. I wonder if there's a convenient way to raise link levels in that case.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Trails of Cold Steel 5: Unionizing.

I can't believe forming a union was the plot of Trails into Reverie all along, no wonder it has so many playable characters.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oooohhh so that's why the entire population of Estelle's hometown was vaguely sexist towards her in the 10 hours of Sky 1 I played.

And here I thought it was because she was a shonen protagonist...

Is it bad that I thought that this was a sex joke

Yes

WZ6cLMT.jpg

also ouch

I'm sure you'll get through your non-Yakuza backlog... eventually.

Man, why does Saphir's armor have to be so complex.

34 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe forming a union was the plot of Trails into Reverie all along, no wonder it has so many playable characters.

Student debt is the conclusion the series is headed. Trails in the McDonalds.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

56 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It looks like Cold Steel III separated link levels and bond levels, so doing bonding events won't raise the former. I wonder if there's a convenient way to raise link levels in that case.

Yeah, fighting low level enemies and grinding it out.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Narrator, the one thing missing from XBC3

Yeah wouldn'T fit the tone. Maybe, still want it

Narrator but it's Z.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Narrator ruined 

Z when Ouroboros lands a Smash during a Chain Attack at max buffs and damage ratio

RDT_20230501_1350004796713613743014480.j

Edited by Armagon

Fellas, if you ever feel the thing you like has a bad fanbase, just remember

at least it's not the Star Wars fanbase (yes there are people legitimately malding over lightsaber canes)

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

The level 80 is easy as long as you have sleep protection.

Even with a lvl59 Party?

I don't have the patience to grind to the 70s especially since there isn't any good way to do this aside from grinding the lvl60 UM....

Which took me ~30 Minutes to beat lmao

I went and tried the lvl70 one, and the chain attack disabling just kills me, especially since i can't break him even with break brooch

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Speaking from hard mode PoV only.

Umu

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Even with a lvl59 Party?

I don't have the patience to grind to the 70s especially since there isn't any good way to do this aside from grinding the lvl60 UM....

Which took me ~30 Minutes to beat lmao

I went and tried the lvl70 one, and the chain attack disabling just kills me, especially since i can't break him even with break brooch

Just change the difficulty to easy, fight the 60, level up, then change it back to hard.