Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Now if i can only use her gameplay wise....

If you want to, you can make it work. Dont let something minor like that prevent you from using a character you really enjoy. Thats something easily overcome by desire.

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

If you want to, you can make it work. Dont let something minor like that prevent you from using a character you really enjoy. Thats something easily overcome by desire.

Indeed. You can get use out of pretty much anything.

u3HZNn0e_o.png

I mean, I'm getting use out of this! It's all a matter of determination, favoritism, and wise usage of resources. Mostly favoritism. See, anything Vandad does is an immesurably glorious deed in my eyes, whereas nothing the endgame loli could ever do would convince me that she's worth the time of day

Oh God I just saw the most riveting revelation in one of the discords I lurk.

There's a hack out there that features boss recruitment. Look look, you can see it there, in the screenshot.

That's definitely a boss asking you if you want to recruit her, or kill her. For her boots, I'm assuming.

If Engage Maddening doesn't kill me before I beat it (I'm willing to accept Shrimpy's claim that the game won't hit me with another chapter 22), I must needs see that for myself. Yeah, must needs is a correct English expression. You like it? I learned about it in the funny Triangle game. Benedict says it a couple times. It looks every bit as wrong to me as it does to you.

Spoiler

qn3ks7xqfbya1.jpg

FR Spoilers!

Consul R confirmed? XD

I have been revisiting XBC2 a bit more and...The archsage challenges there are definetly more varied than in XBC3

Otoh XBC3 has the rogue like mode hmmmm

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and perhaps it's just fixed growths that doesn't treat her so well.

I played fixed growths no DLC. so...

Celine needs an early Levin Sword to snowball.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Now if i can only use her gameplay wise....

My Mage Knight Citrinne

f6b08efbe82b77db463cee9770223d5e.gif?wid

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The archsage challenges there are definetly more varied than in XBC3

Have you gotten Elma yet?

Okay, going through Chapter 3.

So far it doesn't really feel the Monastery takes a lot of time, at least to me. More time I feel would be when doing Auxiliary battles...

First bonfire of the year.🔥 The new outdoor fire pit takes like a quarter of the time of the old to toast marshmallows to perfection.😋

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl this is a creative worldbuilding take on long-lived races. 

And an interesting integration of oral history/storytelling. Something that humanity once had a lot of, and which had people impressively memorizing the lengthy tales word for word. The Iliad and Odyssey are believed to originally have been oral stories, the Arabic-speaking world has an epic poem called the Sirat Bani Hilal that was historically rarely written down. Hinduism's oldest scriptures the Vedas were originally oral, and memorization of them is still valued, with ancient injunctions against writing them down. Ever since the invention of writing, the oral tradition has gradually died away. Although you still have communities, namely indigenous around the world for whom writing didn't arrive until the modern era, which place a special value on preserving (however perilous) the oral tradition.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

> No one that can become a Thief has the Spd to steal the Dark Seal

Ah well, maybe next time...

Ah, it's too late. Will finish Chapter 4 tomorrow...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Have you gotten Elma yet?

"Did someone say reinforcements?"

"And how about us wave 2 reinforcements?"

"Alright, it's the 3rd wave reinforcements!"

Her reinforcements is a bitch and if i focus on seal reinforcements too much i won't be able to set up balls for chain attacks

Then again i am also hella rusty in XBC2 i noticed, haven't touched the game in a while lol

7 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Cue Corvin camping the whole fight for a free win. Xd

Problem: I didn't really use Corvin, so his chart is unlocked

7 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

You make this sound like its difficult. Xd

yes

Leif's map is kind of slow. But I guess all the great knights are the perfect EXP bags to use to train my newly reclassed mage knight to level 5.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FR Spoilers!

Consul R confirmed? XD

Hol' up, what?

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I played fixed growths no DLC. so...

Celine needs an early Levin Sword to snowball.

Next time I try to use her I'll see if I can get her one.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

My Mage Knight Citrinne

f6b08efbe82b77db463cee9770223d5e.gif?wid

Mage knight is probably the best class for her. Her magic is overkill either way, and the speed boost from MK's bases and its class skill is a godsend.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

FvfcE-eaQAMfE84?format=jpg&name=large

FvfcE-naMAEPITF?format=jpg&name=large

FvfcE-haUAA9jWI?format=jpg&name=large

Ngl this is a creative worldbuilding take on long-lived races. 

Are their memories long lived too? You'd gather a ton of information over hundreds of years. I'd expect they'd get their stories confused all the time lol

Her reinforcements is a bitch and if i focus on seal reinforcements too much i won't be able to set up balls for chain attacks

Dont, just focus on seal reinforcements. Its not like she is really THAT dangerous on her own.

Problem: I didn't really use Corvin, so his chart is unlocked

That... Is unfortunate. 

I would recommend an Ultimate Shield + block rate up when at low health setup for him, works really well. 

Also, i think you mean his chart is locked, not unlocked. lol

yes

No. Xd

Edited by Lightcosmo

And of course, I made a bunch of miscalculations and lost against Leif's mage knight army, so now I have to sit through another hour of Leif map tedium.

I miss when this game's maps were good. I shouldn't have jumped from the worst map in the game to the worst paralogue in the game.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And of course, I made a bunch of miscalculations and lost against Leif's mage knight army, so now I have to sit through another hour of Leif map tedium.

So they were inspired from the SNES era? XD fail and waste a few more hours! lmao

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I miss when this game's maps were good. I shouldn't have jumped from the worst map in the game to the worst paralogue in the game.

I pray things improve for the sake of your experience. It's the worst when things start to feel this way (in any game, not just FE).

Whoever they hired to do the special effects and whatnot for Kuro no Kiseki and Crimson Sin did a damn fine job. Animating, cleanup, everything looks so good compared to CS arc. Couldn't even tell they were the same series just from a glance! lmao

Edit: I know i've mentioned this before but they really do deserve recognition for this: going from that... trash, tbh, this really shows how much work they put into it.

Edited by Lightcosmo

For some reason, Leif's not charging now. He's just standing there with his army of mage knights. Before and in my first run he would charge when I made it to the fort, roughly, but now he's just letting me drain every ballista and hover at the edge of the first mage knight's range without moving a finger. Then when he finally charged I just Torrential Roared him and his entire army, then kept him locked down with Vandad's Dreadful Aura while a detachment headed past him and killed all the references for their pocket change.

...Yeah, Vandad could survive rounds against Leif. He could do so forever, in fact, because Adaptive's horrible and for some reason thinks Leif should use the light brand to combat Van "my only good stat is res" dad when he's wielding a tome. I mean, sure, the brand grants res itself, but Vandad doesn't need to deal damage to freeze Leif, he just needs to live. Not to mention, it also got auto-equipped when Kenny came up. Zero damage and still got one-rounded, hilarious.

I mean, this is all fine by me. Makes the map even more boring than it already is normally, but at least I can move on to better maps now. But seriously, who had a hate boner for Leif in the dev team? He's the shittiest Emblem by far, he's based on the game where he's not the main character unlike every other vanilla Emblem, his weapons are all horrid (killer axe's just a regular killer axe that cannot be forged, the light brand doesn't synergize with the rest of his kit, and why the fuck is the master lance so neutered?), his paralogue is the worst of the lot, they gave him to the corpse in the big boss gauntlet chapter... Put together, it almost feels intentional.

25 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

So they were inspired from the SNES era? XD fail and waste a few more hours! lmao

I have to admire how many bad maps they turned good in this game, but the Thracia experience without Thracia's unique mechanics and story is just mediocrity lol

...Not that this map was any good, even back then. People love to talk about Kaga's gameplay-story integration, but what kind of army decides to just phase out of existence when the enemy leader teleports with a single unarmored mage as backup to the castle, kills only one of the commanders and nobody else, then sits on the castle gates? What's stopping Reinhardt or Saias (the dead commander's adoptive child, no less) from assuming command and wiping Leif off the planet?

25 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I pray things improve for the sake of your experience. It's the worst when things start to feel this way (in any game, not just FE).

I'm sure they will. I trust Shrimpers' judgement of the later maps, and Leif's paralogue was always the worst of them, anyway. It's not bad, it's just really slow and boring. I'm past it now, so it's all good.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thracia experience without Thracia's unique mechanics and story is just mediocrity lol

Now that you mention this, would have been an amazing idea!

Playing Leif's paralouge allows you to capture, chars get fatigue after battling, movement stars get put into play, etc.

Lucina's paralouge would allow Pair up/Dual guard. 

And so forth.

I suppose it would be like... you could choose to replay these maps with their gimmicks from their games after you completed them once already. That way, you aren't forced to deal with those mechanics.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Something that humanity once had a lot of, and which had people impressively memorizing the lengthy tales word for word.

Something I wonder, was the average human way back then able to memorize stuff more easily because it wasn't written down? And in the thousands of years since writing was invented, the human brain has lost *a bit* of that retaining info?

Although maybe the brain is likely too complex for that. I do know that people who live barefoot actually do have tougher feet, they're basically built-in shoes at some point.

10 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

You make this sound like its difficult. Xd

Ghost Walker.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Did someone say reinforcements?"

"And how about us wave 2 reinforcements?"

"Alright, it's the 3rd wave reinforcements!"

Then again i am also hella rusty in XBC2 i noticed, haven't touched the game in a while lol

I just solo with Morag/Corvin. I have a Dark Blade on me (whoever) for the Seal Reinforcements and then I swap to Corvin, doing Blade Combos but never finishing them. Actually I think you can use Elma yourself in this fight so I take the opportunity to Overdrive as well (since I'm not Chain Attacking).

It's the only way to stay alive.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are their memories long lived too? You'd gather a ton of information over hundreds of years. I'd expect they'd get their stories confused all the time lol

The Oren do seem to follow the same long-lived rule that is longer life = less population (this is an actual biological rule in nature btw) and they live in pretty close communities so I can't imagine there's a lot of stuff to get mixed up on.

Edited by Armagon