Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well then, time to continue through Sword Valley. Galahad Fortress is so close!

Alright, I'm inside now...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just found out something disgusting about the US

Screenshot_2023-07-08-16-26-37-16_40deb4

After doing research, seems this became a thing during Reagan so yet another reason to go back in time and aim for the head.

Should I buy Trails into Reverie?

On 7/3/2023 at 5:11 PM, Lightchao42 said:
  Hide contents

now Crow and Duvalie have officially joined the party, hooray.

Use her.

On 7/3/2023 at 5:11 PM, Lightchao42 said:

Since bonding events are now a thing again, are there any non-romantic final bonding events? Because maxing a character's bond level wouldn't mean much otherwise.

Yes, there are platonic final bonding events and romantic final bonding events. All characters who have bond points iirc have a platonic final bonding event and most female characters have a romantic one RIP Rean x Celine shippers. You get the platonic ones at the end of the game after maxing out a character’s bond points and you can see 9 of them. And as I’m sure you saw in the in-game tutorial, you can unlock romantic events by doing both heart thingys. You can only do one of those this time rip Rean x Harem shippers, but you can have Rean agree to go on up to 9 romantic outings (you have to see a character’s platonic event to get their romantic event) and save scum, if you want. 

On 7/2/2023 at 3:08 PM, Lightchao42 said:

I wasn't expecting the Black Workshop to be as important as it was before I played Cold Steel III, despite its existence being implied as early as Trails to Azure

Tfw you didn’t read the optional in-universe books

Spoiler

Also Celine is a catgirl now

cringe

Also, I appreciate how big the Character Note is at this point. There can never be too many characters...

Reverie is gonna be fun.

Assuming those are still there, I haven’t played it.

Edited by Sooks

Alright looks like the plan is being set in motion. Dad and I are looking to visit Spain sometime in September-October (it's during the fall semester but eh). I got like five cousins there and a sixth one is looking to move there as there, damn might as well do that myself to at this rate.

Priority #1 apart from visiting family is the museums. Plan is to land in Madrid and hit up Barcelona, Valencia and some other place. 

Also jumpscare Ruben with anime while I'm at it /s

Edited by Armagon

The ironic thing about me visiting (and potentially moving to in the future) Spain is that there is a non-zero chance I'm indirectly descended from Simon Bolivar.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Show him the Matador Gundam.

GF13-045NSP_Matador_Gundam_Front.png

Be showing him this while playing With Mila's Divine Spanish

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then you remember that in Japan, it's Valencia, not Valentia.

Why do you think there are so many oranges? La Naranja Valenciana.

Speaking of, I find it incredibly hilarious how one of my cousins was born in Valencia, Venezuela and she is currently studying abroad in Valencia, Spain.

Now, I aint anybody’s art critic and sure as hell aint about to pretend it, but if Im ever asked “why do you like fire emblem games” my answer will be they’re great at setting mood. 

”Captain, whaddya mean?”

Simple. Here’s a coupla layman’s descriptions.  In Blazing Blade for example the characters address you directly sometimes. Kinda pulls in you and makes you get to know the characters so you become part of the story. The wife tried it once and in the beginning she was like “how’d she know my name”?

Easy, I punched it in before I gave you the controller. Lol 😁

Parts of Sacred Stones have a way of giving a sense of dread, especially when your starting out.... which brings us to today. Ch 16 has a hella cool soundtrack in it. About 30 secs into the score that part makes me feel like “alright lets go git em. Bring it on mofos” 😎

IMHO no games that I’ve played yet do that like Fire Emblem games 

26 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

IMHO no games that I’ve played yet do that like Fire Emblem games.

I once stood where you now stand Captain, and some part of me still wishes I could rejoice by your side. However I have beaten Engage and sent “it” screaming back to the sepulcher where that abomination of a crossover game belongs. Instead I have found another series of video games to fill that void in the cimmerian abyss which science tries to convince me is a heart:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Today was enjoyable.:

house-shot-1100x670.jpganonymous-20220325110638.jpgb39f8282e31408032ede5cf3978cd24e-the-metropolitan-opera-kenhoward-hr.jpg

-Not my pictures.

The Metropolitan Opera House in New York City. Although I didn't come for singing, on the contrary, not a word was spoken, I beheld the speechless beauty of Giselle. American Ballet Theatre does a run of performances at the Met during the early summer, and I chose to attend their current production of the oldest continually-performed ballet in the world, dating back to June 28, 1841 in Paris. I already saw Swan Lake at the Met a year or three before the pandemic, and now I chose Giselle because it's another staple in any ballet company repertoire, basic to ballet devotees, if not registering in the public consciousness like Swan Lake and The Nutcracker.

T'was sublime, I appreciate classical ballet, as silly as it might seem.🩰 The melodrama might've actually touched me just a little in a cathartic way. I had a good, budget-conscious seat too (thanks to getting tickets as soon as they went on sale months ago), a center section and an end seat, good for viewing the stage and being able to give my big legs some room to flex.

Besides that, well I briefly skirted the edge of Central Park and grabbed some sweets from various bakeries. Otherwise I didn't do anything else, I came for what I wanted to do and left. I admit it's because I'm a fuddy-duddy who doesn't try to YOLO pack as much as possible in a single day, but I had fun, as modest as it might seem. Helps I've been to NYC plenty before, not that that entirely excuses my lack of eagerness.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

After a whole day without internet, I'm back

You guys should watch The Father, it's really good and emotional

Anthony Hopkins really deserved that Oscar

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just found out something disgusting about the US

But this is a good thing. What? Would you rather criminals live off your tax money?

16 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

But this is a good thing. What? Would you rather criminals live off your tax money?

Spending money to help criminals rehabilitate back into society is good.

Mind you, I'm referring to like normal crimes and not murderers and rapists. If you go jail for like theft and come out five years later, things should be fine. Prison debt is ass because 99% of employers in all fields will throw your resume in the bin the moment your arrest comes up on the background search. You could declare bankruptcy and get out of it, but you're still not getting hired unless it's Ben & Jerry's.

Edit: this wasn't even talking about all the people wrongly imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit, now that the Supreme Court has ruled that even those wrongly imprisoned must still serve their full terms with no way of appeal.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Priority #1 apart from visiting family is the museums. Plan is to land in Madrid and hit up Barcelona, Valencia and some other place. 

Granada, maybe? See the Alhambra?

As for Madrid, I'm aware of El Escorial palace, but that's entirely it. I'm not at all versed in good foreign museums and palaces and whatnot.

You could also try walking the entirety of the Camino de Santiago. Learn some piety that way.✝️