• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Punished for my gaming heresies, eh? Well on your way you'd best be prepared, Spaniard, I'll whip you harder than Simón Bolívar did in the Latin American wars of independence.

...Yikes.

11 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Waifu? Heh, hardly. She extends beyond that as one of the greatest revolutionary minds of our era!! Long live the Empress!

But really I just thought it would be fitting for what I plan to do a little later.

Ahh, I see. You're going to play Ber--

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We need a genki FE lord

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Alternatively, do we even need a war setting Ü 

Yeah, you can have that game all for yourself, thank you very much. Constant lightheartedness and strategy games don't mix, in my personal experience.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-fire-emblem-deity-device-saints-blood-act-1-available-11-6-2022/13654

Which is a sequel to

https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-complete-fire-emblem-deity-device-animation-bug-fix-released-3-19-2022/11646/

Writing wise, one of the best, if not the straight best one imo. I consider it's story better than every FE story combined.

And the gameplay, especially in the sequel, does experiment with some cool stuff and is really good. The first game was weaker gameplay wise i admit especially in the first half of it, atleast when i played it (which was quite an early version, seems it changed alot since i finished it), but even there it has some really cool stuff going on.

Definetly high recommendations from me, both of them

To be completely honest, I saw the gigantic, square-shaped maps and the fact that the mod needed to be cut into three ROMs for some reason and it made me super skeptical. Then I read all the "this hack is awesome, big story vibes, I'm not even gonna mention the gameplay but the story is so good" posts praising it and it activated my PoR alarm, so I never gave it a second glance.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Of course we do, it's one of the hallmarks of the series. What are you going to suggest next, an FE at school about idols?

Good, someone with sense. Imagine FE without war crimes. I shudder at the very idea!

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Considering Engage's flop compared to 3H, I don't doubt this is the next game.

3H? Engage has flopped compared to every Fire Emblem since Awakening. Maybe it beats Echoes, I'm not sure, but I do know it's sold less than Awakening, Fates and Houses. It is this series' biggest failure since the days it was at risk of going the F-Zero way.

This series is getting turned into visual novels. That's the way of the money. Nobody cares about anything but the writing anymore, it would seem. The writing, and artificial replayability, of course. The maps may be garbage, the balance broken, the mechanics tedious and the difficulty poorly designed, but as long as we have routes and New Game+ replayability is good.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Yeah basically.

Is there a word for simp but for non sexual reasons and instead national imperial reasons?

Oh, right, nationalist.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

BG5NOmM.png

I remember this as the game that was enjoyable until about halfway through, and then it became almost as much of an exercise in tedium as its predecessor.

We'll see what you think!

mPeEIB9.png

Vague difficulty settings...my old enemy.

Fun fact: This localization, like all of the FE localizations except for FE11 and 13, is complete garbage. Exhibit one: The difficulty levels were mistranslated. Easy is normal, normal is hard and hard is maniac in Japan. Fun, huh.

Also, hard removes enemy range displays. You have to count the tiles in hard. Actually brainless game design.

oxeb6Ln.png

Honest to god love the post-war period of this game. My favorite type of stories or settings is when we're in the post-war era of a nation and we have to see how it affected the people.

So many other stories have it so "Oh jolly, the war ended so everything is okay now" when it could be so much more complicated and interesting than that.

If it had taken this premise for the entire game and not re-introduced Ike, this might've been one of my favorite FEs.

Alas. But I'm getting ahead of myself, sorry.

iYlpYcd.png

Hey! Hey! It's the guy!

...The guy with the beard!

Nolan's awesome. Used him the whole way through and he never let me down. Killer design, too. You use him too.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, you can have that game all for yourself, thank you very much. Constant lightheartedness and strategy games don't mix, in my personal experience

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good, someone with sense. Imagine FE without war crimes. I shudder at the very idea!

one does not exclude the other Ü

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

. Nobody cares about anything but the writing anymore, it would seem.

You talking like the writing is good

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

one does not exclude the other Ü

Listen, I will take your stupid high school sim, but I must have a crotchety old guy that advises me to commit war crimes so I can listen to him every time. When the trite romance starts, let me solve it by blowing up the school or something.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You talking like the writing is good

I mean, Houses is well-written, isn't it? That's what I'm told, anyway.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, Houses is well-written, isn't it? That's what I'm told, anyway.

Character writing - yes. Absolutely. Some of the best in the genre. 

Story writing? Nah. 3 Copes made the cracks and weaknesses appear very fast. It's still better than most FE, but that's because most FE stories are trash

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Character writing - yes. Absolutely. Some of the best in the genre. 

Story writing? Nah. 3 Copes made the cracks and weaknesses appear very fast. It's still better than most FE, but that's because most FE stories are trash

Well, that seems to have been enogh, judging by the game's status as the most popular Fire Emblem.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

3H? Engage has flopped compared to every Fire Emblem since Awakening. Maybe it beats Echoes, I'm not sure, but I do know it's sold less than Awakening, Fates and Houses. It is this series' biggest failure since the days it was at risk of going the F-Zero way.

This series is getting turned into visual novels. That's the way of the money. Nobody cares about anything but the writing anymore, it would seem. The writing, and artificial replayability, of course. The maps may be garbage, the balance broken, the mechanics tedious and the difficulty poorly designed, but as long as we have routes and New Game+ replayability is good.

You sound salty with this, ngl

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I propose a compromise

War crimes and music!

Fair, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

You sound salty with this, ngl

'Cause I am lol, I wanna keep enjoying Fire Emblem and if they start releasing Three Houseses I won't ever enjoy Fire Emblem again.

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

What in the world am I looking at.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

'Cause I am lol, I wanna keep enjoying Fire Emblem and if they start releasing Three Houseses I won't ever enjoy Fire Emblem again.

Monkey's paw curls, Fire Emblem is now Blazing Blades with Path of Radiance's gameplay and speed

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What in the world am I looking at.

Salt, but Ash ver.

https://i.imgur.com/3ABSB5Z.png

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Oh you meant changing the core to FE style.

Or atleast at some more FE flair into the gameplay

Also instead of bubbly idol stuff, why not tackle the darkness of the celebrity industry?

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Catching a Rainbow Trout in Reverie causes the game to crash, amazing work right there. lmao

Spectacular

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Or atleast at some more FE flair into the gameplay

Also instead of bubbly idol stuff, why not tackle the darkness of the celebrity industry?

Spectacular

I like the idea! 

Could always have some sort of actual competition for the MC as well, i suppose.

Riddled with bugs and terrible VA work, i'm not sure how they even allowed this to be released, haha. 

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Riddled with bugs and terrible VA work, i'm not sure how they even allowed this to be released, haha. 

Believe it or not, this is still in the upper half of Nisa's stuff from what i am hearing Ü

Their games used to outright brick consoles xD

And the less i say about initial Ys 8 the better

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Believe it or not, this is still in the upper half of Nisa's stuff from what i am hearing Ü

Their games used to outright brick consoles xD

And the less i say about initial Ys 8 the better

The game worked fine on JP, it should not have these issues. There would be no reason to edit -and break- most of what they already have.

CS III and IV had the turn skip bug. I hoped Reverie would fix that for EN release, but still it persists. XD

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nisa doesn't work on JP

I mean the CLE version. The files are the same. You can C/P one and it will load just fine on the other.

19 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I mean the CLE version. The files are the same. You can C/P one and it will load just fine on the other.

Still not Nisa

...do you know if Durante worked on the port? Because i doubt he would fuck up like that

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Still not Nisa

...do you know if Durante worked on the port? Because i doubt he would fuck up like that

This only happens one way:

a1a12076a13e44d6c4d4e4e0112048f4.png

they edited the linkab.tbl file when they had no reason to besides translating text, which is nowhere near the ability tables. XD I'm fairly sure that's on NISA.

I believe so? I would have to clarify that, though.

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

they edited the linkab.tbl file when they had no reason to besides translating text, which is nowhere near the ability tables. XD I'm fairly sure that's on NISA.

From what i read they just copied the files over from CS4 😂