Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

From what i read they just copied the files over from CS4 😂

That wouldn't compensate for all of the new character ID's added to the table, though. 

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The highlighted area i have here is the Link Ability ID. these should not have all been set to 00 in any circumstance:

a98b4ad175b2f0c982494dd0d16ed7bd.png

They would not have just used the CS IV table, added these ID's for all the chars, and just left them at 00, that makes no sense. XD

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i mean

it's buggy

so

XD

It also took me about 5 minutes to go through and fix every characters AB table, sooooo yeah.

Laziness/10 from their end?

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

BG5NOmM.png

p80DKI6.png

Ready

I forgot, but I suppose you have finished PoR already... right?

OcTZX3g.png

Holy shit she speaks cursive.

So is that a no to playing PoR?

So many other stories have it so "Oh jolly, the war ended so everything is okay now" when it could be so much more complicated and interesting than that.

I mean, this is a sequel. Disrupting happy endings is what they do most of the time.

Fighting age? Why not throw in the children as well like back in the Industrial days!

Nintendo:

Sniper Tf2 GIF - Sniper Tf2 Professionals Have Standards - Discover & Share  GIFs

So you're telling me... that there was a Fire Emblem game about a rag tag group of rebels fighting against imperial occupation and nobody told me?

Can't wait to see how they mess this one up

Rhymes with Eisenhower

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What's bewildering though is that they have never once met. TBF, at what scale one can fight the other cannot. However, there must be a problem other than that, perhaps if the moment they lay hands on each other they'll all turn to pure energy of such quantity that the sheer heat emitted would vaporize the entire universe into plasma in a blink.

They met Sanger at least but I'd imagine it's rights issues+there hasn't been another game yet.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait wait wait...

https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Tenochtitlan

Cities are now fair game too for Fate Servants?

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

There was at least an argument for Quetzalcoatl being white but this is just ridiculous!

Fate literally turned the Voyager 1 spacecraft into a twink, nothing is off limits for them.

Vague difficulty settings...my old enemy.

Oh FYI NoA fucked up here. Each difficulty is harder than what it says, as in Easy is Normal, Normal is Hard and Hard is Lunatic.

So you're telling me... that there was a Fire Emblem game about a rag tag group of rebels fighting against imperial occupation and nobody told me?

I mean that's most games in the series isn't it?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

3H? Engage has flopped compared to every Fire Emblem since Awakening. Maybe it beats Echoes, I'm not sure, but I do know it's sold less than Awakening, Fates and Houses. It is this series' biggest failure since the days it was at risk of going the F-Zero way

But was it still a financial success? Gen 5 is the Pokemon's biggest mainline flop but it obviously still sold big money.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fate literally turned the Voyager 1 spacecraft into a twink, nothing is off limits for them.

Oh yeah, posted about that some time ago as well.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh FYI NoA fucked up here. Each difficulty is harder than what it says, as in Easy is Normal, Normal is Hard and Hard is Lunatic.

I mean, from a certain point of view, it still follows the escalating difficulty format. It is the easiest difficulty so Easy still fits to a degree... perhaps.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

mean, from a certain point of view, it still follows the escalating difficulty format. It is the easiest difficulty so Easy still fits to a degree... perhaps

True true. Although it definitely contributed to the feeling that it was "the hardest FE game".

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I forgot, but I suppose you have finished PoR already... right?

Didn't Quetzal play PoR like, eons ago?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

But was it still a financial success? Gen 5 is the Pokemon's biggest mainline flop but it obviously still sold big money.

Well, Fire Emblem in general has become more successful. I don't think Engage is gonna kill the series or anything like that. But that doesn't mean they are going to look at a loss of millions of sales and go "welp, no problem."

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I mean that's most games in the series isn't it?

Usually you are only named rebels, and what you really are is a bunch of blue-bloods trying to reclaim their property. RD features a proper peasant revolution, which I guess is the caveat Quetzal was pointing out.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image.png

Incredible.

Gimme a J, gimme an A, gimme a P, gimme an A, gimme an N! J-A-P-A-N! What's it spell?!

Lack of restraint. That's what it spells.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Usually you are only named rebels, and what you really are is a bunch of blue-bloods trying to reclaim their property. RD features a proper peasant revolution, which I guess is the caveat Quetzal was pointing out.

It's more of a mix, considering people like Leonardo (who is a blueblood, actually; a minor noble, but still one, like Lukas in SoV). Which is... the par for FE, in fact. Your army is a mixed bunch.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh wow, Dark Souls sure goes on sale often. Just saw someone on the Steam reviews saying "wow they actually put it on sale" and I checked the SteamDB page. Turns out, it is currently at its lowest ever price, and the last time it was on sale in any capacity was january of last year. Over a year and a half ago. The greed, goodness.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's more of a mix, considering people like Leonardo (who is a blueblood, actually; a minor noble, but still one, like Lukas in SoV). Which is... the par for FE, in fact. Your army is a mixed bunch.

Ehhh I disagree. Sure, the armies tend to be a mixture of different backgrounds, but the key difference comes down to the leadership. Usually in FE protagonists aren't just regular blue-bloods, they're straight up royalty trying to reclaim the country given to them by birthright, and the "mixed bunch" is the soldiers under their command. Not always, of course, sometimes they're nobles of lesser standing and other times they're Ike, but most often they're royalty and what kicks them into gear is having their country taken from them.

The Dawn Brigade, meanwhile, is not led by anyone of any noble standing. They're just nobodies who lead the group for no other reason than their skills make them suitable for the role, and they fight for the general betterment of their country, not because their crown was stolen from them.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Micaiah in shambles 

Was Micaiah a secret noble? I kinda forgot the details of her super special specialness, I thought it didn't involve nobility.

In any case, my point stands. She's not reclaiming her country and the people following her aren't soldiers in a regular army that belongs to her. There's a difference in the vibe from this army to other FE armies.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhh I disagree. Sure, the armies tend to be a mixture of different backgrounds, but the key difference comes down to the leadership. Usually in FE protagonists aren't just regular blue-bloods, they're straight up royalty trying to reclaim the country given to them by birthright, and the "mixed bunch" is the soldiers under their command. Not always, of course, sometimes they're nobles of lesser standing and other times they're Ike, but most often they're royalty and what kicks them into gear is having their country taken from them.

The Dawn Brigade, meanwhile, is not led by anyone of any noble standing. They're just nobodies who lead the group for no other reason than their skills make them suitable for the role, and they fight for the general betterment of their country, not because their crown was stolen from them.

If you're making that comparison, then the DB are like the Mercs.

Spoiler

Including that their leader is more than they meet the eye, and their origins aren't as humble as they seemed to be.

For its worth, Nolan used to be a prominent merchant. So not quite nobility, but also not quite commoner. And Miaciah... well, we know about Micaiah.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm... not really surprised. lol

CDN media

I had to look up the lore because "master should live inside me" sounds horny as fuck.

Turns out she's just the spirit of Tenochtitlan who......doesn't have a city anymore so she attaches herself to whatever new city there is (irl would be Mexico City).

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't Quetzal play PoR like, eons ago?

He did. I looked up his Backloggd to make sure (he has not updated it in like forever).

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wow, Dark Souls sure goes on sale often. Just saw someone on the Steam reviews saying "wow they actually put it on sale" and I checked the SteamDB page. Turns out, it is currently at its lowest ever price, and the last time it was on sale in any capacity was january of last year. Over a year and a half ago. The greed, goodness.

Capcom moment.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Was Micaiah a secret noble? I kinda forgot the details of her super special specialness, I thought it didn't involve nobility.

In any case, my point stands. She's not reclaiming her country and the people following her aren't soldiers in a regular army that belongs to her. There's a difference in the vibe from this army to other FE armies.

Spoiler

OG Apostle and she's also Sanaki's sister.

And "she's not reclaiming her country" she becomes the queen of it by the end. Perhaps not her goal but she still took the crown.

15 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

WAIT

THAT TRACK

So that's where it's from!!

I hear it often in one of my fav. FE hacks 😄 

Hi

ME TOO

Deity Device Saint's Blood

I love finding out where tracks in hacks are originally from

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I had to look up the lore because "master should live inside me" sounds horny as fuck.

Turns out she's just the spirit of Tenochtitlan who......doesn't have a city anymore so she attaches herself to whatever new city there is (irl would be Mexico City).

It's Fate. They knew what they were doing there. lol

Should be, but it doesn't seem to. Not yet, anyway. Wish it would, though. But then, it's the bias in me talking, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you're making that comparison, then the DB are like the Mercs.

Hide contents

Including that their leader is more than they meet the eye, and their origins aren't as humble as they seemed to be.

For its worth, Nolan used to be a prominent merchant. So not quite nobility, but also not quite commoner. And Miaciah... well, we know about Micaiah.

Spoiler

Yeah, I'd say around that level is about right.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Miccy is the og apostle

...What?

I completely forgot that.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Capcom moment.

Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of pricing lolololololol

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

OG Apostle and she's also Sanaki's sister.

And "she's not reclaiming her country" she becomes the queen of it by the end. Perhaps not her goal but she still took the crown.

Yeah true, but

Spoiler

Going back to Quetzal's comment, at this time she's just a regular freedom fighter heading a peasant rebellion against an oppresive regime. Nothing more. There's a different vibe from the rest, which is what Quetzal was talking about.

...Perhaps all these shenanigans will be the "let's see how they ruin it" part lol

8 minutes ago, Kit4499 said:

Hi

ME TOO

Deity Device Saint's Blood

I love finding out where tracks in hacks are originally from

It's always a funny experience to recognize a song in the game where it originated from, but you can't help but think "oh hey it's that one song from Fangame!"