Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lost? Frightened? Confused? GOOD! Ahahahahaha!

Don’t fight him, give him a stiff drink!

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh boy, the Lisa update is here. Almost forgot it was coming. I'll have to make time to try it out at some point. Here's hoping I have better luck than the first time I tried Pain Mode. This one random dude nobody even remembers because he dies in three or four hits had time to permakill one of my dudes.

On 7/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And it has gotten so fucking bad in the last few years.

Heck, most of the time they actively search for "problematic" stuff to hate on. What the fuck happened to "curate your own experience?"

And the fucking double moralism, too. Harassing people while being all moral about a piece of a paper.

Normiefication was a mistake

lol they censored Lisa in the new update.

You know me, I'm not the kind to cry a river over vidya censorship, but this is actually hilarious. They changed cigarettes and Joy to cigarette candy and... just a non-descript thing not referred to as pills, only on the campaign where you play as a minor. That's just absurd, the game's whole point is that it pulls no punches and is highly dark, for humor and drama alike. Heck, Joy being an incredibly addictive, horrifyingly destructive drug is like, the most critical plot point in the entire game, why are they trying to tip-toe around the issue now?

...It does seem like all of these changes are only on Playstation, though. From what I've gathered, it was done to avoid the wrath of the ESRB. The only change that seems to be consistent across platforms is the removal of a couple of... uh, questionable race jokes. I'll leave that up to anybody's interpretation.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

133302l.jpg

H E C K

That man's name is Heck, everyone.

7 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I was halfway through writing the above note when you posted this, yeah. I'm aware. Like I said above, the fact that it's only on Playstatoin means they just did it to avoid getting a higher age rating. Softening up games for this purpose has been done countless times throughout the industry's history, because higher age rating means lower sales. Money talks.

...Not that I see what the merit is in trying to sell Lisa, of all things, to children, but like... Again, money talks, I guess. I'm just glad most of this hasn't made it to PC, the Joy thing is just silly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

4X games are such huge time wasters, and addictive. They're story-light, which is dangerous to me b/c I don't need to be in the "mood" to play such a thing, unlike so much else. First match of Endless Space 2 ended in failure, not surprising when these kinds of games can have so many factors to consider and don't exactly have the best of ingame explanations. For my second match, I've decided to pick one of factions not for beginners, the peaceful tree aliens that ditch colonization ships for expanding via vines that connect star systems sounded too interesting. Certainly feels like I've learned a whole lot and are playing better this time. I haven't touched warfare yet (though I'm building more and better ships this time), and I've the settings on the easier side, but practice is gradual.

Is your appetite being whetted for future remakes by these factoids?😛

Cant beat the HOMM games for that... except 4. That one blows IMHO

5 is a blast but saves didnt work on the version I had 

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

H E C K

That man's name is Heck, everyone.

Is the L silent? 🤔

On 7/17/2023 at 9:17 AM, Lightcosmo said:

My Reverie combat career:

68c17ed0b2aa4494baa867047c2b11fc.png

This is only so far. I know, the 1 Enemy Advantage is disappointing. 

Also, i dislike using United Fronts, and Bursts. 

Looked that one up after seein that pic, but that game looks like it was made for a way younger audience 

On 7/17/2023 at 12:24 AM, Armagon said:

No way the SoL cute girl game is touching on "why bandits exist" before Fire Emblem lol.

You are not immune to hot lady knight.

Now, unique to Salburg seemingly

Me neither, but they got nuthin on Marisa from Sacred Stones 😎

On 7/17/2023 at 5:35 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I keep surviving battles by the skin of my teeth. This is the third battle in a row I win with one or two units alive, barely managing to defeat the final enemies with careful strategizing. Or cheesing, in one case, not that I'm particularly proud of that.

I hear ya

Requiem is kickin my ass. Gotta use them prepromotes way more than I wanted to

Hell I dont really like usin em at all but when you’re overwhelmed you aint got much choice 😳

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Duh. What, would you pronounce it?

Kinda seems like ya should... like “Helk” 😁

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This isn't French.

20 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Kinda seems like ya should... like “Helk” 😁

That just ain't right. Heck is the way.

20 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Requiem is kickin my ass. Gotta use them prepromotes way more than I wanted to

Hell I dont really like usin em at all but when you’re overwhelmed you aint got much choice

Prepromotes are way cool.

I have fond memories of Josie and Rayden. Those two are hilarious. They have a key weakness, Rayden especially, but it won't take effect for a while.

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Prepromotes are way cool.

I have fond memories of Josie and Rayden. Those two are hilarious. They have a key weakness, Rayden especially, but it won't take effect for a while.

Yeah, but I always cant help but wonder. Can one of my own guys actually be better if I train em myself and promote at lv 20? 🤔

Like them puny ones you get in Sacred Stones... once I got em outta limp dick mode where they die if somebody breaks wind the wrong way they turn out right good IMHO. I think I had Amelia to the point of outclassing Seth and Franz

Fire Emblem fans should promote it with incomprehensible memes like Pikmin fans do, even if nobody understands them.

Cold Steel IV start of Act 3:

Spoiler

Bleublanc deserves credit for being the unexpected MVP. There's whole ruckus all over the continent, which is the explanation as to why the Dominions, unseen Enforcers and other four Anguis aren't around. I was wondering why only four Enforcers were involved with this world-ending plot... I also think this is the first time the First and Fifth Anguis have been acknowledged outside the Celestial Globe, thank you Joshua. Roselia promises a big exposition dump at the end of the Luna Shrine, she sure knows how to keep me motivated.

After fighting Vita and Aurelia (I thought we would fight Bleublanc, personally), it turns out Roselia was the Holy Beast of Fire all along, sort of. It goes to explain why she's immortal when the rest of the Hexen Clan isn't, how she created Celine and Grianos, and the offhand comment about her meeting with Ragnard and Zeit.

The promised exposition dump discusses things like Rutger's revival, Georg's backstory, Dreichels and Lianne, reincarnation being is a thing now, a bunch of other things, and most importantly Mecha Satan. Honestly Arianrhod, I think you can do better than him. I guess it makes sense for The Curse to have a physical form for the heroes to beat up later.

The scene with Franz suggests that Black Alberich mindwiped himself to go undercover before Ishmelga reawakened his memories. Him already being affiliated with Ouroboros suggests that he wasn't some guy who Black Alberich "possessed", at least, or Alberich possessed him beforehand. I suspected that Alberich's memory manipulation was derived from Weissmann, but I wasn't sure who lifted it from who.

Anyway, the main point is that one knight needs to fuse with the rest of the knights for Ishmelga to eat it. Ishmelga's problem is that it could easily annihilate everyone, but doing so would make its goal unattainable, and it has to make itself vulnerable to become the Great One. Maybe Arianrhod is going along with the Great Twilight for a chance to destroy Ishmelga herself? It's time for Fie and Duvalie to use daughter no jutsu to recruit Rutger and Arianrhod to our cause. Perhaps Cedric wants to become a benevolent overlord with the Great One's power, while Rufus probably just wants to become a god or something.

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

2023071722545600_s.jpg?width=1100&height

Marie: "I'm what's left. Or... maybe I'm all there ever was."

Marlone: "I meant your name."

Okay, time for some stealth in Trails...

Okay, that wasn't so bad. Even got the Carnelia book. I hope this was the last time, though...

Okay, explored the rest of the sewers. Almost time for the final tournament round... but, that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Decided to tierlist the Zelda dungeons out of all the games i've played. The list is ordered to the best of my ability

my-image_14.png

This is an image for ants i know also i didn't diversify the Minish Cap dungeons like i definitly like them than the two LTTP dungeons i have in C tier but i'm too lazy to go change it.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It does seem like all of these changes are only on Playstation, though. From what I've gathered, it was done to avoid the wrath of the ESRB. The only change that seems to be consistent across platforms is the removal of a couple of... uh, questionable race jokes. I'll leave that up to anybody's interpretation.

Sony is weird right now because they're acting like 90s Nintendo when they would censor things.

Ah, but this doesn't apply to their own IPs.

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Marie: "But that's a couch."

Marlone: *points to his eye-covering hair*

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ok ngl i'm legitimately confused by these comments because Marie is just short for Marlone. That's like her full name.

Idk am i missing a joke here?

Just now, Armagon said:

Ok ngl i'm legitimately confused by these comments because Marie is just short for Marlone. That's like her full name.

Idk am i missing a joke here?

Oh!

I thought the guy's name was Marlone.

9 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Yeah, but I always cant help but wonder. Can one of my own guys actually be better if I train em myself and promote at lv 20? 🤔

Like them puny ones you get in Sacred Stones... once I got em outta limp dick mode where they die if somebody breaks wind the wrong way they turn out right good IMHO. I think I had Amelia to the point of outclassing Seth and Franz

The classic FE mindset.

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

So I take it the big burly guy with the stache's called Marie, then