• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Only those i atleast somewhat liked

I see...

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Broski...

It's gotta be Fates, Engage and... The optimist in me wants to say Berwick Saga but I feel you would've said something if you were playing Berwick Saga.

Admit to it being Three Houses at your own peril.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

's gotta be Fates, Engage and... The optimist in me wants to say Berwick Saga

The optimist in you is right

And yes i am not playing it atm, i don't bounce off it fast when i reload a save file or start it however.

Infact i was thinking about suggesting a run to you xD

43 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well I should have thought the term "somewhat liked" didnt apply to Fates, do discounting Fates there.

You missed the atleast 😉

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The optimist in you is right

KyLGx5yT_o.pngKyLGx5yT_o.pngKyLGx5yT_o.pngKyLGx5yT_o.png

I should listen to that dumb oaf more often. He's right more often than the cynic in me is.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Infact i was thinking about suggesting a run to you xD

Oh?

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

just a classic pass on the save file to the next player after a map run. If we can get ~4-6 players i think it would be fun

That sounds neat! Best of luck with that!

Episode 42

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-31-10-51-59.png

A monologue about Old Xeno?😛

*Ahem*

• Watkein assigns the White Base the task of dealing with the enemies that been obliterating convoys. The heroes realize it might be a trap set by Shapiro, but what else can they do?
  • Alone with Akimi, Fairey says the Extradimensional Union's actions don't make sense. They wiped out the Interstellar Alliance forces after the Seal of Grados was activated, they should have enough strength to directly attack the Federation. -Whatever the reason though, they still have their present assignment.
  • The map begins with four Salamises (Salami?) under attack by Muge forces, one gets blown up, but the heroes arrive in time to save the other three. Enemy count is low, though fighting L-sized foes, they can directly target and blow up a battleship in four hits, maybe three if lucky. All three Salamis Kais must escape via the northwest corner, not one can be shot down.
    • Both Akimi and oddly Lalah are force-deployed here. Final Dancouga and Shin Getter aren't available, oddly.
  • Once the last Salamis escape the fight, Shapiro shows up with reinforcements in the southeast. From the comfort of a Deathgaia Battleship, he indeed announces that indeed, the "White Base Corps" has fallen into his trap. He orders the heroes be surrounded.
    • Shin Get and Final Dan now deploy mid-battle. The cooler heads realize Shapiro must have more planned and advise caution, indeed, he speaks to himself that he wants to lure them to him.
  • Blowing up the battleship, Shapiro shrugs it off.

GRWJD9-2024-01-31-11-51-29.png

Time to fight Desire! 50k HP actually puts on par with what it had in J. Though no MAP beam cannon this time.

And yes, the other half of the Robot Database entry mentions the right shoulder twitch. I looked for it even before I read it. As all 3D robot models in GC have an "idle bounce" to them, it took a few seconds to confirm that the right shoulder was flexing significantly more than the left.

This confirms for the heroes that Shapiro is their opponent here. Shinobu says it's over for him. Shapiro strongly disagrees.

• Shapiro's next trick- an extradimensional gate. Fairey says it, she doesn't know how well he can use it, but Herluga may have used C.U.B.E.. Muge reinforcements surround Desire.
  • Regianne chimes in and says everything going according to Herluga's plan. She tells Shapiro she has given him everything he needs, tells him not to get hung up on the past, she'll go get the other Muge generals, he responds he'll kill the heroes by himself.
  • Desire's defeat catches Shapiro by some surprise, but the heroes will run out of energy eventually.
    • Reggiane calls in again, Shapiro has gotten into a rough situation she sees. He says everything is going according to plan, now have the other Muge generals launch an all-out attack.
    • Nope. Reggiane tells Shapiro he doesn't know his place. Deathgaia and Gildorome arrive, and shower condescension on Shapiro, they've a new mission- back to the Muge Empire itself.
    • Shapiro doesn't understand- attack now, don't withdraw. No, the generals shall await a decisive battle against the Interstellar Alliance on the homeworld, can't waste resources here.
    • Once the Interstellar Alliance is dealt with, they'll return to Earth with their entire military. Until then, Shapiro can keep the troops he borrowed, they ought to be enough for him to conquer the Earth. 

GRWJD9-2024-01-31-12-15-17.png

They take the extradimensional gate out of here. The traitor has been betrayed.🤪

-This must be the "Collapse of Ambition".

• Reggiane speaks once more with the backstabbed backstabber. She bluntly calls him a fool. He got impatient and attacked the Moon when he should've waited for her to prepare the gate as she said would. His terrible blunder at the Mass Driver, an attempt to outwit her, she says is what triggered this turn of events for Shapiro.
    • She says he'll get another chance if he conquers Earth by himself, and proceeds into her bloodthirsty laughter. He calls it unforgiveable that he got used a sacrificial pawn, and insists that indeed he will conquer Earth. Although Shapiro does withdraw for now, as its clear to Regianne that his mech has been badly damaged.
  • Sieg and Sally then make an unannounced appearance. They fight while the Extradimensional Union withdrawal is being finished, Reggiane tells them simply to sink the heroes' ship. Sieg notices this is a little odd once Regianne ends her communication, telling Sally that Reggi's bloodlust means she should be fighting here. Sally brushes it off. 
  • When I quickly defeat one Sieg or Sally, Akimi shout to the two to surrender. They don't want to, Akimi moves in to capture Sieg's unit, he threatens to self-destruct, Akimi calls the bluff as it'd hurt Sally as well.
  • Regianne then deploys, and tells Sieg to hold still as she shoots him. Lalah charges towards Reggiane and takes at least one hit, but don't worry, she lives no problem, she just withdraws, Quattro ain't going from good guy gold to rival red again. Other hits hit other people, including Fairey, but everything is okay.
    • Shinobu and Gou pin down Reggiane while she is recharging and Akimi takes off about a third of Reggiane's 22k HP using the opportunity.
  • Her mission has failed, but Reggiane ain't done yet. She regroups to the northwest, with a few reinforcements. ...Akudama/Jaku Beasts? Why? The Raijin-Oh crew don't notice this.
    • Sieg and Sally ask how she could've shot them. Reggiane says Fairey is better dead than alive now, says they aren't needed either. They are disbelief given their loyalty to Gadisword, she even entertains their denialism that it was her who planned this, not Herluga. They then withdraw from the battlefield.
  • The Cyber Beast Force then talk about what happened to Shapiro, it seems he lost the cooperation of his allies and the traitor has been discarded following his failure. But he ain't done yet, though his "pride" (more like "megalomania", Ryo!) means he won't return to them. Masato cracks a "not at this time!" joke about Shapiro possibly throwing on a mask and joining them, Char.
  • Reggiane defeated, she flees via extradimensional gate. She'll kill them later. Watkein reports- job well done, prepare for your real battle, head for the Seal. It's time to return to Cusco.
  • Again, S&S show denialism about Gadisword betraying them, and now admit there isn't much they can do but live for now, and they choose to surrender to the White Base Corps (I'll use this term since the bad guys are using it with some frequency now, it's more formal than "the heroes").
    • S&S are thrown into a regular sleeping quarters, not a prison as they were expecting. Akimi & Fairey knock, they bring Captain Bright with them. They try to explain their desire to bring peace to the universe. They would like to develop bonds of trust with S&S, as they know outer space better than the heroes do, and they could serve as mediators with Gadisword and the Extradimensional Union, should non-fighting method of negotiation be viable. They have no intentions of handing them over to the regular military.
    • S&S are cynical however, and show a lack of willingness to trust the heroes. Nonetheless, they do see that they haven't been tortured or anything, which should've happened by now had their captors the desire for that. They say they need time to think, and that is granted to them.
  • Shapiro steals the last scene. Somewhere amid space rocks, he damns the White Base Corps and laughs after swearing he'll personally bury them with some unexplained ritual that shall grant him godhood. Sure ya will.

Sub-Episode 42

Spoiler
  • Very short and fillery, as most of these sub-scenarios are. Before going back to the depths of space, the White Base is going to reload via a supply ship placed directly on their planned route. But a few disorganized Muge remnants attack the supply ship.
  • The map is pretty simple, no reinforcements of any kind. Just three GMs (they barely escape being OHKO'ed) and a Salamis in the southwest surrounded by Muge forces. I lose if the Salamis is sunk, should take 4 hits to kill it, I can't heal it either. This a few turns of using Accel and being aggressive, trying to feed a bit of EXP to a few underleveled units in the process. It ends and I get the supplies.
  • After the fight, a quick word between Akimi and Fairey about how depressed S&S look and that they need to leave them and alone for now.
  • Oh, and the supplies?

GRWJD9-2024-01-31-13-58-05.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-31-13-57-34.png

FINALLY! Nu Gundam!😄

• It's spoken that Amuro submitted the designs, and he wasn't expecting it to be done already. It only took the conclusion of all the Gundam stuff to actually get it so unceremoniously.
  • Honestly looks to be a hair worse than Sazabi, and it's no Super, but three free upgrades in everything and about as good as one could hope to expect a Real to be in GC. Time to take the star of the first half of the game off the bench and back onto the team, his iconic final evolution has arrived excluding Hi-Nu which GC don't have.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

just a classic pass on the save file to the next player after a map run. If we can get ~4-6 players i think it would be fun

Hey, if you could get a few more people on board, I'd be willing to try. I'm a bit bad at staying on these kinds of things, playing disconnected chapters tends to not keep me as engaged, but we'll see when we get there.

Actually I did join one for FE6 but I played my first chapter and the last I heard of that was october last year, so

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

if you could get a few more people on board, I'd be willing to try

Well, if 2 or more other people here are on board, why not?

Any one wants in hit me up we can manage something

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

It seems like a difficult game to co-play.

that's half the fun 😉

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yes, the other half of the Robot Database entry mentions the right shoulder twitch. I looked for it even before I read it. As all 3D robot models in GC have an "idle bounce" to them, it took a few seconds to confirm that the right shoulder was flexing significantly more than the left.

It's a nice attention to detail. Certainly easier to spot in J with the sprites, though, heh.

• Masato cracks a "not at this time!" joke about Shapiro possibly throwing on a mask and joining them, Char.

Given Blazing Epilogue... though no mask.

• FINALLY! Nu Gundam!😄

• It's spoken that Amuro submitted the designs, and he wasn't expecting it to be done already. It only took the conclusion of all the Gundam stuff to actually get it so unceremoniously.
  • Honestly looks to be a hair worse than Sazabi, and it's no Super, but three free upgrades in everything and about as good as one could hope to expect a Real to be in GC. Time to take the star of the first half of the game off the bench and back onto the team, his iconic final evolution has arrived excluding Hi-Nu which GC don't have.

Can't have Amuro without the Nu, eh. I don't think there's a SRW game that doesn't give him either Nu or Hi-Nu by the end.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

that's from the old anime. New anime will probably get it's own...

i hope

I hope not, just remix the old one. I've fallen asleep to that song a couple times, if it loses that it'll just become another romcom anime. I am assuming it is a romcom because all anime is a romcom

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hope not, just remix the old one. I've fallen asleep to that song a couple times, if it loses that it'll just become another romcom anime. I am assuming it is a romcom because all anime is a romcom

Berwick is romcom?

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Berwick is romcom?

Yes, it's about my love for Sylvis.

33 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Simpette: yes

And that shit.