Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

And finished Tropical freeze.

7-7.5/10

I really liked the level design (except Rockets), but really didn't like the controls.

Will not 100% sounds like too much pain with these controls and how big the levels are to go get every Kong on every lvl lol

Now, i wanna finish Sparks of Hope and DMC5, and tackle Astral Chain, to clear the "Top Prio" backlog

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I really liked the level design (except Rockets), but really didn't like the controls.

Will not 100% sounds like too much pain with these controls and how big the levels are to go get every Kong on every lvl lol

01010011 01101011 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101001 01110011 01110011 01110101 01100101

52 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Microsoft about to go full Sega. Honestly, like, this was the diverging point

and don't forget the "Xbox has to always be online" that was hit with so much backlash they had to cut it.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

01010011 01101011 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101001 01110011 01110011 01110101 01100101

You 100% it?

😛

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, like, this was the diverging point

The owange back then

What was MS thinking lol

That said, Sony getting a Monopoly on home consoles sounds scary af (Nintendo doesn't compete with Sony/different audiences and targets)

Reminder that it was Sony who lead with the 70 Bucks BS - It will only get worse without a competitor

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You 100% it?

😛

I didn't get all the puzzle pieces but other than that yeah.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That said, Sony getting a Monopoly on home consoles sounds scary af (Nintendo doesn't compete with Sony/different audiences and targets)

While true, at the same time, both Microsoft and now Sony have effectively abandoned console ideology. Four years into the PS5's lifespan and there were more Wii U exclusives than PS5 exclusives.

Microsoft games go to PC day 1, Sony games go to PC eventually. Nintendo games go on Nintendo. PS5 costs cheaper than the latest PC but if you have the money, the ideal strat is just PC+Nintendo.

Won't be able to do Episode 53 tonight. Sub-Episode 52 was a grinding battle alright. Many waves of the same nine reinforcements, though I managed to exhaust them all by turn 13 (I could've moved my battleship to the northwest corner and won sooner). Sieg went in with 36 kills, basically soloed the northwest batch of enemies again and again, came out with 60. Earned 140k in funds from doing this, that's pretty good.

The only dialogue before and after the battle was Original stuff.

• Beforehand, Fairey tells Akimi that the decisive battle between Gadisword and the Interstellar Alliance featured mostly Zarl troops. Thus answering why Akimi inquiry regarding Sieg's apparent obsession with the Zarl Empire. Fairey harbors less intense feelings towards Zarl than S&S do, she has some, but Herluga is her main object of dislike.
    • The planet of Gadisword Fairey says, was destroyed by C.U.B.E. going out of control. The official records say Zarl's attack led to the facility researching C.U.B.E. to lose control of its power. While the report is believable enough, Fairey has her doubts, thinking Herluga is somehow to blame.
  • Afterwards, Sally is arguing with Sieg about joining the fight on the Zarl homeworld. He won't let her because she won't be able to control her emotions owing to the prior-mentioned claim that Zarl destroyed planet Gadisword. 
    • Sieg excuses his own deployment in the upcoming clash on grounds that he has already been integrated into the White Base Corps. If he gets a little emotional, it won't jeopardize the mission.
    • Sally refusing to back down, Sieg literally locks her in their room. I wonder if the door will hold.

I do pity Moon Dwellers now. -And this should sound very weird coming from the OG baby I am.😆 The OGverse couldn't have had this wild, perhaps scattershot to a critic, adventure. -Although I know beyond the slightest of doubts that I would cherish MD even so if I could play it.

Rather than focus on what won't be, I'd look to see what becomes.

One way to view it, would be to look at OG as the inverse of what SRW usually does. SRW truncates and modifies the licenses it brings in, the OGverse expands on what was invented in "abridged" form. Although that isn't always the case. As I've said before, I find Shadow-Mirror more manipulative in A, but more powerful in OG (which it has to be without licenses to manipulate); two different renditions, but one is not necessarily better than the other (even if OG fleshes out the W-Series among other things). Or maybe two different perspectives in the case of Alpha Gaiden and the OG incarnation of the Earth Cradle.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do pity Moon Dwellers now. -And this should sound very weird coming from the OG baby I am.😆 The OGverse couldn't have had this wild, perhaps scattershot to a critic, adventure. -Although I know beyond the slightest of doubts that I would cherish MD even so if I could play it.

Hmm, so it's that different, huh.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rather than focus on what won't be, I'd look to see what becomes.

One way to view it, would be to look at OG as the inverse of what SRW usually does. SRW truncates and modifies the licenses it brings in, the OGverse expands on what was invented in "abridged" form. Although that isn't always the case. As I've said before, I find Shadow-Mirror more manipulative in A, but more powerful in OG (which it has to be without licenses to manipulate); two different renditions, but one is not necessarily better than the other (even if OG fleshes out the W-Series among other things). Or maybe two different perspectives in the case of Alpha Gaiden and the OG incarnation of the Earth Cradle.

It certainly makes sense. Since in the mainline SRW games, they can make use of the IP's to bolster the OG stuff. Without them, they have to fill up the gaps.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

PS5 costs cheaper than the latest PC but if you have the money, the ideal strat is just PC+Nintendo.

This has been me for the last... 15 years.

Got the Wii, got the Wii U, got the 3DS, got the Switch.

With Sony I stopped at the PS3, pretty much.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, so it's that different, huh.

I'm not saying that I know the plot of Moon Dwellers, I actually don't. Other than the broad strokes of Fury-Gadisword Conflict, some Alpha 3 setup, maybe another handful of radical Zovorgians show up, Dark Brain stuff, Haken crosses over, Masaki has a Cyfis-less Cybuster, Exbeins L & R to make Ryoto & Rio useful again, Excellence Gunstrikers. Oh, and there's apparently a confrontation scene between Al-Van and Sanger (chivalry vs. bushido, Orgone Sword F Mode vs. Type-3 Zankantou), I hope it was good.

-What I am saying, is that I know there is simply no way there can be two visits to deep space in Moon Dwellers and all. And no Interstellar Alliance vs. Extradimensional Union stuff, and just not quite the same level of craziness and diversity possible with licenses.😄

Oh hey it's the KKK founder

pSMsWCQSR9UO5RLObzwyUx.png?ex=65d42f43&i

aOAFHwCAAWKyyQ0t38b3RK.png?ex=65d42f63&i

2trdUQ6u0dsGt17mRlr9bD.png?ex=65d42fa7&i

Could've sworn his questline started right about now but maybe it's later.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Mainsteam FE needs to take skill inspiration from Heroes tbh. Their variety is nuts.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh maybe. I can see the Rouse/Catch skills being pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-What I am saying, is that I know there is simply no way there can be two visits to deep space in Moon Dwellers and all. And no Interstellar Alliance vs. Extradimensional Union stuff, and just not quite the same level of craziness and diversity possible with licenses.😄

Hm? I'm surprised, since I would've thought having Zuvorg vs Ze Balmary could've filled that role.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? I'm surprised, since I would've thought having Zuvorg vs Ze Balmary could've filled that role.

I know there are few Balmarians in Moon Dwellers. Cobray I heard shows up by his Balshem name, showing him before he becomes Cobray (that can't happen until 3rd OG begins). I read that they might've been scouting out the Earth. Euzeth it appears may have acted independently of Balmar itself, something possibly hinted at years prior in OGs1.:

gsdx-20211118233139.png

I presume "fool emperor" refers to Ruach. "Inspectors", well Euzeth could've used an Oxford comma here, since he probably means Zuvorg, nothing Balmarian.

-But I'm operating on Internet chatter for what happened in MD. I don't want to actually see the game's story myself.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh? This is interesting...

I had heard of the economic details before. The rest, I hadn't.

On the economics...

• Issach's make sense when you consider it's supposed to be Central Eurasia.
    • -But all the notable Issachans being swordmasters instead of bow knights is a disconnect.
  • As for Silesse and Verdane, I feel like one should add "logging" to at least Verdane. Wood was important in the premodern world, and they have substantial forests.
    • If the chapter maps of FE4 are to be trusted, Silesse doesn't actually have that much in forests. But assuming a very cold north, Silesse probably doesn't have enough population devour all the trees at an unsustainable rate on their own. They could likely afford to export, Verdane absolutely could.
    • While Agustria looks to have more than of its natural forests left, Grannvale has been more substantially denuded. Silessean and Verdanian timber could fetch a good price in what has probably spent centuries as the most-populated and exploited part of Jugdral.
    • Silesse could probably also pick up mining, since Scandinavia has some mineral wealth by European standards that endures to this day. Not sure if it was exploited significantly beyond reasonable domestic needs in the medieval era.
  • That Grannvale and Agustria get just "agriculture", while Leonster adds crafting feels wrong. Agustria and Grannvale especially look like their economies should be just as developed as Leonster's, including vibrant guilds and trades.
    • Grannvale and Agustria not having fishing though is fine, since Leonster specifically is coastal and Grannvale and Agustria as a whole aren't.
  • Hunting is the one oddity in Thracia's profile. But they need a natural source of food beyond meager agriculture, one that inland communities can access. And maybe the inaccessible mountains shelter much good game? Or the hardy South Thracian wildlife escapes the fate of being overexploited owing to a low human population resulting from the failure of agriculture in the region.

On who the first Verdanians were- I call anti-Verdanian propaganda! Why does it have to be bandits or thieves?🤨 What about peasants fleeing the harsh conditions of Agustrian and Grannvalian (or Loptian in the prior era) feudalism for a life of freedom? They wouldn't have fought back if you hadn't sent serf-catchers you manorial monsters!

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for Silesse and Verdane, I feel like one should add "logging" to at least Verdane. Wood was important in the premodern world, and they have substantial forests.

Considering the significance of the Spirit Forest, I wonder if they have it as overall taboo to cut down any tree, so they import timber instead. Like the Bosmer from Elder Scrolls. Or maybe it's not done to the scale of exporting it, so any production is for home use. The text also said they were only listing the major ones, after all.

• Silesse could probably also pick up mining, since Scandinavia has some mineral wealth by European standards that endures to this day. Not sure if it was exploited significantly beyond reasonable domestic needs in the medieval era.

As I once mentioned in that one thread about Ilia's economy... there's also the possibility of ice export. Which Scandinavia also did to the rest of Europe.

• Hunting is the one oddity in Thracia's profile. But they need a natural source of food beyond meager agriculture, one that inland communities can access. And maybe the inaccessible mountains shelter much good game? Or the hardy South Thracian wildlife escapes the fate of being overexploited owing to a low human population resulting from the failure of agriculture in the region.

Wdm? Plenty of wyvern meat all around!

On who the first Verdanians were- I call anti-Verdanian propaganda! Why does it have to be bandits or thieves?🤨 What about peasants fleeing the harsh conditions of Agustrian and Grannvalian (or Loptian in the prior era) feudalism for a life of freedom? They wouldn't have fought back if you hadn't sent serf-catchers you manorial monsters!

I mean... why not? People fleeing from persecution is too boring/cliche. Bandits/Pirates/Thieves founding a nation? Now that's hot stuff! I suppose you can see it as a callback (or callforward since this is the distant past?) to Adrah, the theif who would establish the Holy Kingdom of Archanea.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

didn't get all the puzzle pieces but other than that yeah.

I think without Cart/Rocket levels i could've tried

And the fact that you need to collect KONGs at once in each level

Four years into the PS5's lifespan and there were more Wii U exclusives than PS5 exclusives.

PS could very easiky return to that if MS is out of the pic

Or just push for another price increase for the whole medium <.<

if you have the money, the ideal strat is just PC+Nintendo.

Yeah, that is true

5 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Mainsteam FE needs to take skill inspiration from Heroes tbh. Their variety is nuts.

Yesn't

FEH's variety is BIG

But i don't wanna Yu-Gi-Oh card texts in mainline

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sony getting a Monopoly on home consoles sounds scary af (Nintendo doesn't compete with Sony/different audiences and targets)

Reminder that it was Sony who lead with the 70 Bucks BS - It will only get worse without a competitor

Console gaming is already an oligopoly hellscape where the big three companies do whatever they want and the consumer eats shit and enjoys it due to brand loyalty and petty rivalries. Xbox bowing out of the race wouldn't do much to change that. How much did they do to stop Sony from causing the 70 bucks raise? Absolutely nothing, they and Nintendo just followed right along because it meant more money for them as well. It's already at the point where it sucks.

Microsoft games go to PC day 1, Sony games go to PC eventually. Nintendo games go on Nintendo.

Which is funny because with how horrible their hardware is, their games are definitely the ones in most dire need of going to PC lol

6 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Less is more, as they say. I'd rather not have to stop and read Bible-sized skill descriptions for 30 minutes at the start of each map, thanks.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yesn't

FEH's variety is BIG

But i don't wanna Yu-Gi-Oh card texts in mainline

Generally speaking only PRF skills and weapons get that bad. If they get long otherwise its to explain what it does, which they could easily sum it in way less words. 

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Less is more, as they say. I'd rather not have to stop and read Bible-sized skill descriptions for 30 minutes at the start of each map, thanks

You would commit them to memory, same as any skill. 

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhh maybe. I can see the Rouse/Catch skills being pretty good.

C Skill group has plenty of variety that isnt unrealistic. Along with A, tbh.

Edited by Lightcosmo

Ultimate Spider-Man (2005) is a good game because it prompts you to eat a child to test out Venom's eating ability. Don't worry, Venom spat him out afterwards so he's fine... probably.

20 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I’m sure that it’ll be something like this:

But the whole point is that it's not the meme.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

He also said he wouldn't come out of his break unless he saw a script that was really good.

So either Sonic 3 is really good or he just likes playing Eggman that much.

I always got the impression that he enjoys playing Eggman. Maybe letting him wear a fat suit this time was part of his conditions. If he opts to retire for good after Sonic 3, then I'm glad we got a nice little trilogy of Sonic movies with him as the villain.

They haven't announced who's voicing Shadow yet, probably because they want to make that it's own announcement. I'm also reasonably sure that Amy will be in it; besides her being promoted as a quartet with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles nowadays, she's important to SA2's plot despite not being playable in the main story.

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit I can't believe TIL who composed the Fire Emblem theme. Seems she did the entire soundtrack up to 6, most of 7 and a couple PoR tracks.

I'm surprised it's not more common knowledge if she's credited in every game, it's not like her Wikipedia page is hidden or anything. She's even on the FE template.

IQ8wldZ.png

I can't believe Sakurai was wrong about Heroes being a main game. Why am I not surprised that Edelgard is the only non-Smash Bros. character to have her own page.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Microsoft about to go full Sega.

If Microsoft won't even make another Viva Piñata, then what's the point?

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Microsoft games go to PC day 1, Sony games go to PC eventually. Nintendo games go on Nintendo. PS5 costs cheaper than the latest PC but if you have the money, the ideal strat is just PC+Nintendo.

It's only a matter of time before Valve consolidates every developer and Gaben becomes king of the video game industry. And there will still be no Half-Life 3.

Edited by Lightchao42

You would commit them to memory, same as any skill

If i bother reading them to begin with xD

That said

I do agree with the general principle that FE should continue increasing skill focus

Just no essay skills pls

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That said

I do agree with the general principle that FE should continue increasing skill focus

Just no essay skills pls

I did say:

If they get long otherwise its to explain what it does, which they could easily sum it in way less words. 

For a reason. They pad the description with uneeded wording.

Yeah you don't need the skill so complex that you need a degree i agree, but some complexity would be nice.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Concur!

I'd just slam X against Y reading the pre-combat forecast and hope for the best.😆 Maybe I do that already, sometimes.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering the significance of the Spirit Forest, I wonder if they have it as overall taboo to cut down any tree, so they import timber instead. Like the Bosmer from Elder Scrolls. Or maybe it's not done to the scale of exporting it, so any production is for home use. The text also said they were only listing the major ones, after all.

And now you're reminding me of what they do with the Great Shrine of Ise. Parts of it being entirely rebuilt out of wood every 20 years, no nails or screws being used in the process I believe, the old structure's pieces being given to other Shinto shrines b/c they're still considered to have some sacred power left. 

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wdm? Plenty of wyvern meat all around!

Considering their military usefulness, which could possibly lead to cultural significance, I'd think the consumption of wyvern meat would be frowned upon. Especially depending on the lifespan of wyverns and their reproduction rate, which we don't know. 

I could see an old wyvern who died of natural causes being consumed, if it's even safe for humans to do so. But then given a life likely of rigorous labor, that'd be some lean/no-fat, tough meat. I wouldn't eat such a wyvern unless it was prepared like coq au vin, which is what the French peasantry invented to make old roosters palatable. You take a bottle of wine (not sure if it'd be Miletos wine, or Manster wine sold to Miletos and then resold to Thracia for Miletosian middleman-profiting from the Manster ban on trade with Thracia, or native Thracian wine. Wine grapes do best with some stress placed on them, which some not-super-barren soil might be perfect for.), you throw the chunks of wyvern meat in it, you let it braise and the heat and liquid softens the very chewy and tough meat to something you'd actually consider eating.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean... why not? People fleeing from persecution is too boring/cliche. Bandits/Pirates/Thieves founding a nation? Now that's hot stuff! I suppose you can see it as a callback (or callforward since this is the distant past?) to Adrah, the theif who would establish the Holy Kingdom of Archanea.

Because I know it's all lies invented by its neighbors to dehumanize the Verdanian people and culture.😛

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering their military usefulness, which could possibly lead to cultural significance, I'd think the consumption of wyvern meat would be frowned upon. Especially depending on the lifespan of wyverns and their reproduction rate, which we don't know. 

I could see an old wyvern who died of natural causes being consumed, if it's even safe for humans to do so. But then given a life likely of rigorous labor, that'd be some lean/no-fat, tough meat. I wouldn't eat such a wyvern unless it was prepared like coq au vin, which is what the French peasantry invented to make old roosters palatable. You take a bottle of wine (not sure if it'd be Miletos wine, or Manster wine sold to Miletos and then resold to Thracia for Miletosian middleman-profiting from the Manster ban on trade with Thracia, or native Thracian wine. Wine grapes do best with some stress placed on them, which some not-super-barren soil might be perfect for.), you throw the chunks of wyvern meat in it, you let it braise and the heat and liquid softens the very chewy and tough meat to something you'd actually consider eating.

Hahahaha, I know. But the fact Thracia has a lot of wyverns should be an indicated that their prey should also be quite plentiful. So the humans snatching some for themselves can't be too far fetched. That said... yeah, perhaps it could still be considered a delicacy someplace else in Jugdral. You know, like horse meat. Eaten in parts of our world.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hahahaha, I know. But the fact Thracia has a lot of wyverns should be an indicated that their prey should also be quite plentiful. So the humans snatching some for themselves can't be too far fetched. That said... yeah, perhaps it could still be considered a delicacy someplace else in Jugdral. You know, like horse meat. Eaten in parts of our world.

I know Quebec eats horse, which makes me presume France does. Agustria = France, so probably them, they are also as distant from Thracia as it gets, so wyverns ought to be most exotic to the people there. Travant told Chagal he'd wouldn't press for extradition of the perpetrator of the "incident" during his time in his fair country, if Chagal paid for the damages in full right now.