Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

A modder found how to auto pick up everything on somniel and is consolidating the menus

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask- orbs are finite, you need 30 Wind/Thunder, bases of 6/9. My question- by the time they promote, how many charges will Aegval have left? Congratulations, you promoted Thunder Boy! Enjoy the +2 Mag for his ten remaining attacks!😛

Nah, orbs may be technically finite, but the game gives you enough that you won't spend them all even if you're having them fight a lot. If you were having Enid, Perceval and Owen all using thunder orbs to kill every enemy on the game, maybe, but mages in this game aren't suited to be lone fighters anyway. Perceval also grows rather fast, to compensate for being the final unpromoted unit to join I guess.

For reference, he's currently holding a full thunder orb, and it's still chapter 8 so there'll be more orbs available yet. He's already at 26 thunder skill. I've had him fight a ton. Admittedly he'd be down to 2 thunder uses for this chapter, but I did capture Nizal in Faye's paralogue, a Raze priest who holds an assortment of anima orbs for... some reason. Keep in mind this is abnormal - most runs you won't be having the mages do this much fighting, it's just that I'm doing ranked and want as many promos out of the way as possible before I enter the big leagues of maps lol

tl;dr: Hoarding Bad, Observer.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, orbs may be technically finite, but the game gives you enough that you won't spend them all even if you're having them fight a lot.

I dunno, six buyable Thunders, plus the one from the C10 shop. Let's ignore those three at most you could possibly capture because of how RNG that is. 140 attacks, that isn't enough to be worry-free. Thunder Strikes Twice should only be used in dire circumstances, and Lightning is kinda there -it will probably only disappoint you about what it won't actually do unless you rig it.

-Thinking like this is proof that we're very different players.😅

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I dunno, six buyable Thunders, plus the one from the C10 shop. Let's ignore those three at most you could possibly capture because of how RNG that is. 140 attacks, that isn't enough to be worry-free. Thunder Strikes Twice should only be used in dire circumstances, and Lightning is kinda there -it will probably only disappoint you about what it won't actually do unless you rig it.

-Thinking like this is proof that we're very different players.😅

Definitely lol, I've never worried about my thunders like that. Then again, I also tend to burn through dire thunder rather quickly because any time I need him to kill something with a degree of urgency I refuse to allow him the chance to miss. And then he misses his first thundering and wastes an extra use, because Missival.

Bottom line, yes, we're very different players lol

45 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Why is Enid using Thunder over Fire except when fighting specific dragons? XD

The extra range maybe?

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to leave an T orb in her inventory, just in case you'd want her to strike one extra tile away. Probably will miss the baddie and strike a pigeon flying through the air instead, but she could try.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then again, I also tend to burn through dire thunder rather quickly because any time I need him to kill something with a degree of urgency I refuse to allow him the chance to miss. And then he misses his first thundering and wastes an extra use, because Missival.

With rare weapons, part of my hoarding mentality involves another logic. That being "don't become overreliant and overuse something powerful, because then it'll no longer be there and you'll rudely wake up to having to do without it ever again". Yes it will be easier to get a kill by using a stronger, finite weapon, but if it can be done using something infinitely available if weaker, why not? Don't take the immediate shortcut that might handicap you later.

...The problem becomes, with BS...

• ...That outside of Volo and like InaccurAxel (and Daoud and Leon I guess?), the notion of ORKOing a bad guy with common junk is nil.
  • successful hits/round of combat becomes the minimum per enemy grunt. It could be higher depending on the enemy and what weapons you're choosing to use.
  • Regardless, this results in an average enemy nobody that takes up more player phase actions than in the usual FE to kill.
    • With a lowered ability in BS compared to FE to use the enemy phase to help with enemy deletion, too.
  • What this means, is that forsaking every possible opportunity to use "more convenient/lazy avenues for murder" aka stronger/finite weapons, adds up.
    • And, I think, I was finding my accumulation of unceasing weapon self-denials was reaching critical masses.
      • Not killing X enemy on Turn 2 meant not being able to kill Y enemy on Turn 3. That doesn't sound terrible, right?
      • However, its means that provided more enemies over time join in the fun, on Turn 4 I wouldn't be able to kill Z enemy and have two more deal with, plus everything else.
        • And, there's an upper limit to how many bad guys your small number of permakillable heroes can survive in open terrain.
      • The result being a snowball effect. Where what could've been an early anthill of seemingly-manageable minions, turned into a dangerous horde in a nuclear bunker, one very possibly rolling towards my army and threatening to slaughter it.

I think?😆

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Happy Year of the Dragon

Indeed!🐉🎇

I was unaware that today was the Chinese New Year ...until I randomly checked something last night that made me plenty aware of it.😂

This being unofficially International Chinese Awareness/Heritage/Culture Day🧧, I don't mind it. And having two New Year's for everyone worldwide to celebrate isn't too many (plus the date is fixed to a certain zone on the Gregorian calendar). Probably a good thing for all the resolution-makers who have already fallen off the wagon one month in, they can think of this as a not-late chance to re-resolve themselves.😉

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Unfortunately, the next Year of the Metal Dragon isn't until 2061 AD. The last was 2001.

Will say the Gandor is befitting as the vessel for an animal-themed giant robot. Dragons are fictional creatures that rise above the rest of the actually-real animal kingdom. A battleship in the form of a dragon has the natural right to physically overshadow a so-called Super Beast Machine God.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The extra range maybe?

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to leave an T orb in her inventory, just in case you'd want her to strike one extra tile away. Probably will miss the baddie and strike a pigeon flying through the air instead, but she could try.

If you're going down that route, it might be preferable to craft her earthblaze. On the other hand, I find that to be the worst of the three craftable orbs, since Perceval really likes having 60 uses of dire thunder and blizzard is one of the best capturing tools. All of them require an ancient amulet, the third of which is on Almachus all the way in chapter 12. So uh, to be honest I prefer to just have her stick to what she's good at: Accurate, powerful 1-range strikes. Perceval and Aegina suffice as magical artillery.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With rare weapons, part of my hoarding mentality involves another logic. That being "don't become overreliant and overuse something powerful, because then it'll no longer be there and you'll rudely wake up to having to do without it ever again". Yes it will be easier to get a kill by using a stronger, finite weapon, but if it can be done using something infinitely available if weaker, why not? Don't take the immediate shortcut that might handicap you later.

...The problem becomes, with BS...

• ...That outside of Volo and like InaccurAxel (and Daoud and Leon I guess?), the notion of ORKOing a bad guy with common junk is nil.
  • successful hits/round of combat becomes the minimum per enemy grunt. It could be higher depending on the enemy and what weapons you're choosing to use.
  • Regardless, this results in an average enemy nobody that takes up more player phase actions than in the usual FE to kill.
    • With a lowered ability in BS compared to FE to use the enemy phase to help with enemy deletion, too.
  • What this means, is that forsaking every possible opportunity to use "more convenient/lazy avenues for murder" aka stronger/finite weapons, adds up.
    • And, I think, I was finding my accumulation of unceasing weapon self-denials was reaching critical masses.
      • Not killing X enemy on Turn 2 meant not being able to kill Y enemy on Turn 3. That doesn't sound terrible, right?
      • However, its means that provided more enemies over time join in the fun, on Turn 4 I wouldn't be able to kill Z enemy and have two more deal with, plus everything else.
        • And, there's an upper limit to how many bad guys your small number of permakillable heroes can survive in open terrain.
      • The result being a snowball effect. Where what could've been an early anthill of seemingly-manageable minions, turned into a dangerous horde in a nuclear bunker, one very possibly rolling towards my army and threatening to slaughter it.

I think?😆

Yeah, as far as FE/KagaSaga goes, Berwick is the last game you want to go into with a hoarding mindset. Don't get me wrong, I use slim spears and bronze arrows often myself, but it's important to learn to pull out the big guns when needed. Let Reese Gram stuff, it's what he's good for.

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Indeed!🐉🎇

I was unaware that today was the Chinese New Year ...until I randomly checked something last night that made me plenty aware of it.😂

This being unofficially International Chinese Awareness/Heritage/Culture Day🧧, I don't mind it. And having two New Year's for everyone worldwide to celebrate isn't too many (plus the date is fixed to a certain zone on the Gregorian calendar). Probably a good thing for all the resolution-makers who have already fallen off the wagon one month in, they can think of this as a not-late chance to re-resolve themselves.😉

I never thought about it before but I wonder why the Chinese New Year is a commonly celebrated and recognized thing over here in the US and not any other Non-Gregorian calendar dates. There are some Non-Gregorian holidays but only the Chinese one has the New Year commonly talked about in the public conscious.

Regardless happy Chinese New Year. We should celebrate even more new years from other calendars!

I'd say, I noticed I still have the Black Getter despite having the Shin Getter. If I put Ryoma back there, could I still have Hayato and Benkei as sub-pilots?

Okay, time for Scenario 31.

I'd say, Alberto Vist gives me PussInBoots2!JackHorner vibes. I think it's his body build, as it's a bit similar... I think. Anyway... the group has reached Dakar. Considering Dakar is coastal, I'm surprised they didn't allowed for the Tuatha to deploy. The map itself even only has little water terrain. Neo Zeon forces are here, but so are Leonard and Kaname, so Amalgam reinforcements shouldn't be far behind.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I never thought about it before but I wonder why the Chinese New Year is a commonly celebrated and recognized thing over here in the US and not any other Non-Gregorian calendar dates. There are some Non-Gregorian holidays but only the Chinese one has the New Year commonly talked about in the public conscious.

Regardless happy Chinese New Year. We should celebrate even more new years from other calendars!

Maybe for the same reason Cinco de Mayo is.

Large enough number of people celebrate it, that it spreads to the rest of the population, then it just becomes habit.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hold on, there's really a Neo Zeon soldier named Desert Rommel?

Oh, he's from ZZ. Seems they also had him survive his canonical death here in SRW V. Complete with the whole "One Year War veteran fielding outdated MS's" shtick he used in the ZZ anime. Huh...

Among Unicorn-era suits, they are even more outdated, they even had to mention "they were upgraded on the insides, but outside they look the same" to explain how they can even put up a fight.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

r4rpivo7mblHst57AuokiH.png?ex=65da2e3d&i

This is a curious ethical question. If someone kills themselves and you have the ability to revive them.....is that right? Should you? Does the desire of death outweigh the value of life?

Anyways time for the KKK subplot

YTnTWdUMsWdX0q5brl7AfC.png?ex=65da2e5d&i

Ty6zD84ldspFXPmaP6dN2A.png?ex=65da2e6a&i

I do think it's funny how you can just stand and watch as crimes are committed in front of you.

I have morals though so the only bullet that's being shoved into a brain is into the head of the racist.

nxrquqw9oRJZnS324QlOBT.png?ex=65da2e7a&i

iob1djQ0qyQe1Rz1i0aqWm.png?ex=65da2e82&iXcsBUZHukbP2QZu2wp6q5O.png?ex=65da2e8c&i

sHf69uB8Ta9n7ZcDXLaWqv.png?ex=65da2e95&i

j9NxxkNSHc4J4hwXr8PTx4.png?ex=65da2ea0&i

bSS54PDvWdMTC8inuMhvtP.png?ex=65da2eaf&i

Something something great replacement.

8a7Uh0kSHItFnHBiws3MuG.png?ex=65da2ebc&i

Why'd they give you the cool EVA colors tho?

Anyways that's all for now, i gotta get ready for work. And remember fellas, America never dies

ZK1jgB8TUsjQ6eQJWtawsE.png?ex=65da2ecd&i

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is a curious ethical question. If someone kills themselves and you have the ability to revive them.....is that right? Should you? Does the desire of death outweigh the value of life?

Before the ultimate reveal... what is even this leading to. That once they find the Lifehold, they will also deactivate their pods? Since the Mimeosome aren't their actual bodies... as far as they knew at the time. So they're still alive in the Lifehold.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Before the ultimate reveal... what is even this leading to. That once they find the Lifehold, they will also deactivate their pods? Since the Mimeosome aren't their actual bodies... as far as they knew at the time. So they're still alive in the Lifehold.

As far as I can tell, the consciousness transfer has to be done "manually". I don't think there's an automatic button for it, especially given that the Lifehold has 20 million people inside it. Imagine 20 million people just showing up at NLA. Nah, it'd likely be a gradual process as the city expands.

And because it's manual, if there are records that say "oh this person killed themselves" would they go ahead with a revival? And what about known human threats to NLA peace? People like Alex the Racist over there, he kicks it eventually later in the subplot but would they choose to bring him back?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, as far as FE/KagaSaga goes, Berwick is the last game you want to go into with a hoarding mindset. Don't get me wrong, I use slim spears and bronze arrows often myself, but it's important to learn to pull out the big guns when needed. Let Reese Gram stuff, it's what he's good for.

-The reason why mine was like only level 9 reaching C11.😅 Peanut butter boy needs his personal blade to be more than just an accuracy booster. If it were possible to give every personal weapon the durability regen and covert them to numerical uses like orbs, maybe I'd use them. I have no qualms firing off a Pallas or two.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hold on, there's really a Neo Zeon soldier named Desert Rommel?

Yeah, I actually mentioned him twice earlier in my GC playthrough. Served as Haman's sub-commander that wasn't Rakan and Puru Two, even got to die at A Baoa Qu. The blatant name made me.🤨 -Why him and not simply a loyal Glemmy (never appeared in GC) or something, IDK.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why'd they give you the cool EVA colors tho?

Speaking of NPCs and their Skells, there's one that could be a coincidence, could be coincidental, as I realized years after encountering it. The guy who lovingly names his Skell "Aphrodite". It could just be reference to the Greek goddess of love, much as his heart is besotted with his machine. However, Aphrodite A also happens to be the name of the very first female-design & female piloted mecha ever.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...How did you do that?🧐 I've seen videos with people posing around a little, but I never figured out how to do it myself.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People like Alex the Racist over there, he kicks it eventually later in the subplot but would they choose to bring him back?

If he died without a trial for his crimes... rule of law demands a trial? Might depend on the relevant opinion(s) of the NLA government when it comes to the death penalty. Could bring him back just to give him life behind bars?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As many many people who have attempted suicide may tell you, there is often an immediate regret to the action of trying to kill one's self as the reality of such a deed hits them like a truck. Your body will do just about everything to keep yourself alive and can very drastically shift one's mental attitude away from suicide or self-harm. So I think I would revive them. Besides, they now know best whether death really is the preferred option over life.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways time for the KKK subplot

Earthbound came to mind for some reason.

So, reducing Loni's Shamblo's HP enough, both Amalgam and Federation forces show up. The latter include another Unicorn unit, painted black, to the party's shock. Seeing her father's murders, Loni starts going berserk. This, in turn, makes the pilot of the black Unicorn also go berserk. And both start firing indiscriminately on the city. This in turn is used by Leonard to show Kaname the consequences the Whispered have brought for... she included specially, since among Whispered she's special, apparently. Hathaway and Banagher don't want to kill Loni, but it seems it might be unavoidable. But then...

Sosuke! He's back! He encourages the two boys to not give up. And so the battle continues!

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And because it's manual, if there are records that say "oh this person killed themselves" would they go ahead with a revival? And what about known human threats to NLA peace? People like Alex the Racist over there, he kicks it eventually later in the subplot but would they choose to bring him back?

Well, as Quetzal puts it, suicide is something that one can change their minds about as quickly as they got that spur to do so. Considering NLA's situation is kinda unique... consider this. After their "death", are they still in a state of consciousness to ruminate on what they just did? Maybe they are expressing regret and would rather not have done it. Considering NLA's unique situation here... but, again, ignoring what future revelations the game does... then perhaps yes. They should be revived and evaluate the situation. If they still are adamant in staying "death", then okay, that should be respected. But if they no longer want to... again, respect their wishes and just repair their mimeosome or build a new one for them or something that can be done on the matter.

Regarding Alex's situation... well, it depends if he got some trial or the like. Depending if you believe on an afterlife, then death may or not be just their escape from punishment. So at the very least, put it on record they received some comeuppance in life for their actions done in life. Again, taking NLA's situation into account... without knowing better, then yes, if no official punishment was issued for any crimes committed, then he should be brought back and face due-process.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I actually mentioned him twice earlier in my GC playthrough. Served as Haman's sub-commander that wasn't Rakan and Puru Two, even got to die at A Baoa Qu. The blatant name made me.🤨 -Why him and not simply a loyal Glemmy (never appeared in GC) or something, IDK.

Ah, must've forgotten, heh.

Well, he is a OYW participant, but didn't showed up in the original anime. So maybe they wanted to bring him to actually show him participating in the very thing he did but wasn't shown?

Also... yeah, it was deliberate. You know they parallel'ed Zabi's Zeon with Nazi Germany. Desert Rommel, as shown with his name, fought in Africa to boot.

Okay, at this point, there are several secrets to work for.

First of all, Sosuke showed up in the Crossbow. He'll only pilot this for this map... unless you have him defeat an enemy. Then we can keep it.

Next, Lane is among the Federation forces. Hathaway must fight him, and both survive the encounter, to get another Lane point... but also, this is the first step for another secret to obtain down the line.

The pilot of the black Unicorn, also called Banshee, is... well, it's obvious she's Marida. Two more Marida points can be obtained if either of Ple or Ple Two fight her. I already don't need to do it... but what the heck, might as well.

Finally, there's another secret to get starting here. Hathaway and Banagher must fight Loni, and the latter must also defeat her.

Thankfully, none of this is hard to do... so let's go!

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How did you do that?🧐 I've seen videos with people posing around a little, but I never figured out how to do it myself.

On the GamePad, there's a little icon on the bottom right of the screen that looks like a stick figure. Click that and a list of emotes will come up.

14 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

As many many people who have attempted suicide may tell you, there is often an immediate regret to the action of trying to kill one's self as the reality of such a deed hits them like a truck. Your body will do just about everything to keep yourself alive and can very drastically shift one's mental attitude away from suicide or self-harm. So I think I would revive them. Besides, they now know best whether death really is the preferred option over life.

Yeah, I've heard about that. Hell, survival instinct is so strong that people who've thought about taking their own lives stopped the moment they thought about how painful it would be.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If he died without a trial for his crimes... rule of law demands a trial? Might depend on the relevant opinion(s) of the NLA government when it comes to the death penalty. Could bring him back just to give him life behind bars?

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Regarding Alex's situation... well, it depends if he got some trial or the like. Depending if you believe on an afterlife, then death may or not be just their escape from punishment. So at the very least, put it on record they received some comeuppance in life for their actions done in life. Again, taking NLA's situation into account... without knowing better, then yes, if no official punishment was issued for any crimes committed, then he should be brought back and face due-process.

NLA law is a surprising blindspot in the game's worldbuilding now that I think about it. All vehicles are state owned and Chausson seems to have more direct authority than elected officials irl (was Chausson even elected).

That said iirc Alex's group is labelled a terrorist threat so who knows.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They should be revived and evaluate the situation. If they still are adamant in staying "death", then okay, that should be respected. But if they no longer want to... again, respect their wishes and just repair their mimeosome or build a new one for them or something that can be done on the matter.

I think so too. Since the Mims can't be revived directly without the Lifehold, the solution would be to take the person out of the pod and hold them in a medical facility, kinda like in real life when someone is suspected of being suicidal.

Oooooh, I see now.

The moment Sosuke fights Gauron, an event sequence happens. They fight, and Gauron destroys(?) the Crossbow. But then who shows up but Al! Now in the ARX-8 Laevatein, which Sosuke is quick to hop into.

Well, I did got him to destroy a mech in the Crossbow, so secret secured. I also had Hathaway and Banagher fight Loni already, so now I need for Banagher to defeat her.

Hmm, despite only showing up now, Rommel and Kirks die here. Gauron's underlings also kick the bucket here.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, had Hathaway fight Lane.

Ah, interesting. All thourought this scenario, Hathaway had been struggling with the things that led him to become Mufty. By this point, however, he finally seems to be shedding that, as his fights with Lane have made him decide.

And now Ple has fought Marida. Now I only need to have Banagher defeat Loni to secure everything.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Anyways that's all for now, i gotta get ready for work. And remember fellas, America never dies

colonizing space

...also i should emulate that game, my current PC should be more than capable of doing that