Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

But, in the end, I did say I would play it this year... so, it's time for Trails SC!

I'll end up playing them at the same pace they localize them, watch.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

lol what.

It seems Matchless Raijin-Oh goes with monsters-of-the-week ala tokusatsu & magical girl anime. The Fifth Dimension bad guys overhear humans complaining about practically anything, use those complaints as the basis for turning Akudama into specific Jaku Beasts. Which means they're technically monsters, but often (the hand-spider aside from the few GC shows) looking like robots.

Sounds he could've fared better if this happened during the mid-game. Like with Tekkou Ki / Iron Demon in SRW A.

I was caught off guard by Belzeb having the audacity to do that after his now-former boss almost killed him and then got killed with his help. Okay, maybe in the anime it wouldn't be a problem because Raijin-Oh alone and exhausted from fighting Warusa would be one thing. But SRW means he was going 1 vs. 16, no amount of fatigue could help you win buddy.😆

Maybe the latter. Just in case.

I decided to do exactly that. Maxed out weapons (b/c weapon S-ranks should be a good damage boost, 10% to weapon power if OGs is anything to go by) on Layzner Mk. II, L-Gaim Mk. II, Cloud Haken, Kreuz Warheit, Nu Gundam, Sazabi, and had juuuuust enough money for Baxinger too after a ton of unused parts selling.

Add in the aforementioned Super Soul Saber, God Raijin-Oh, and Final Dancouga, and that's almost all of my final 15. Daiohja, Braiger, Sasuraiger, Daltanious are the only non-battleship/Doll units who don't now. Would only take ~15 turns grinding apiece to accumulate the funds to weapon FUB each of them individually, though I won't, as this should be good enough to finish the game.

Well, I'll be rooting for ya!

Thank you.😉

Though I changed my mind. I grinded just enough to get Sally to Spirit Ace, simply because I liked the look of having everyone with at least that Ace Bonus. I'll wrap up GC first thing tomorrow then.😅

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, Estelle, I can forgive you for not taking with you all the end-gear stuff I gave you last game... this time.

She got hit by an explosion coming up an elevator shaft in a boat that was getting shipwrecked.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It seems Matchless Raijin-Oh goes with monsters-of-the-week ala tokusatsu & magical girl anime. The Fifth Dimension bad guys overhear humans complaining about practically anything, use those complaints as the basis for turning Akudama into specific Jaku Beasts. Which means they're technically monsters, but often (the hand-spider aside from the few GC shows) looking like robots.

Well, it is part of the Super Robot formula too. To have monsters-of-the-week. You wouldn't feel it through SRW since they stick to using between two to five of them and have them show up by the dozens.

I was caught off guard by Belzeb having the audacity to do that after his now-former boss almost killed him and then got killed with his help. Okay, maybe in the anime it wouldn't be a problem because Raijin-Oh alone and exhausted from fighting Warusa would be one thing. But SRW means he was going 1 vs. 16, no amount of fatigue could help you win buddy.😆

Guess not everyone gets the convenient plot barrier of RD's Black Knight battle. lol

She got hit by an explosion coming up an elevator shaft in a boat that was getting shipwrecked.

I feel Joshua robbed her blind before he left. Smart. Can't follow if she's under-equipped. Still level 40, though, thanks to clear data transfer, pft.

So that's Alfred's long-lost cousin... and that other group is so fit for Rosado. XD

I guess you can't have Flex without Lex. And does he feel his best? Needs a Chicken Ball.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I like the new battle tracks. Mmm, that sax.

Also, oh, treasure chest dialogue, how I missed thee!

Okay, reached halfway through the channel. Will stop here for now.

I like the new battle tracks. Mmm, that sax.

Also, oh, treasure chest dialogue, how I missed thee!

Okay, reached halfway through the channel. Will stop here for now.

Best of luck with the upcoming boss fight! I pray you did not select Nightmare difficulty! Xd

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

a rite of passage xD

So true!

Literally THE biggest hurdle of the game lol.

Edited by Lightcosmo

Super Robot Wars GC final battle:

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-09-34-41.png

A descriptive name, though not the most exciting.

There was some hyping up beforehand, but I forget what and don't want to spend too long writing this final log.😅

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-09-39-38.png

• The final destination, might've seen it before watching MD animations vids. Looks cross-shaped, but it's obviously supposed to a Gadisword.⚔️
    • That deployment asymmetry bothers me, looks like there should've been another slot.
    • First wave of enemies, with FUB'ed weapons on so much, I slice through them all fairly quickly.
    • The terrain is all bonus-free, except for those two + signs, those are 10% HP & EN and 30% Evade & Defense.
  • A few units- all Supers barring Amuro I noticed, got start-of-battle conversations. Not sure why only them, do triggering them require a certain set of units deploy for Real series pilots? Though Dancouga didn't get one.

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-09-47-14.png

I get NPC reinforcements!

-Like GMs could do anything to help me at this point.🤣 They get OHKO'ed, at least Watkein's Salamis was kept unharmed.

Wiping out the initial enemies brings out Reggiane, and with her, four of these.

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-09-53-05.png

Replicated Ordais. Armor is slightly lower than last time, but practically it's the same thing as before. Including a frontal large MAP attack (comparable in size to High Mega Cannon I think) with the awful name "Big Horn Sonic".

I do not regret FUBing weapons at all now. That makes slicing through these MUCH easier.

• Regianne has two Super Repair Kits (and 33k HP and 2900 Armor), so I kill her in one turn.
    • She flees, summons more Ordais. I destroy them, she deploys again, with Ordais.
      • Basically after the first group of baddies, this map becomes incessant Ordai spam, though not actually infinite.
    • On her second death, the crazy bloodthirsty lady finally dies!😄

Herluga comes out, says he arranged all these trials for the heroes, thanks them for killing all his enemies as planned. They call out his BS. Anyhow, time to kill the final final final boss in a game of so many "final" bosses, and his C.U.B.E.-containing giant robot.

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-10-24-51.png

As mighty as it might look, the Arounzer (or "Allounzer" as Akurasu calls it) couldn't survive a battle against copyright, and so is also not in Moon Dwellers.

LL doesn't stand for LegLess, very unfortunately. I do NOT advise bringing more than three M-sized units with pilots without natural Sniper here (you get three Sniper skill parts). If you decided to bring an army entirely of Gundam supporting actors not thrown into Big Zams or Apsaluses, you'd have to to chop through 450k HP here, triple what you'd otherwise have to.

The lower Armor of Herluga's unit is a nice surprise. His strongest attack peaks at the usual GC lategame boss 4500 power, Reggiane in her final deployment actually had a stronger attack- 5050 power. He has 1-5 Cyflash-styled MAP, a big blue-white flashy light ball, and a missile volley, pretty boring. He doesn't move, and I spent my first turn chipping him from beyond 5 range.

Herluga had a few boss convos, like a good one with Eiji, but none with his two former subordinates, an eh one with Amuro.

I destroy Herluga, he springs back to life with exactly the same stats as before. Herluga then decides to pull out one desperate card:

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-10-50-44.png

He'll drop the fortress on Earth.

This causes the unseen Gadisword non-replicated grunts (who I never once saw nor fought) to get into a shuttle to try escaping. Herluga expects the heroes to try saving the shuttle, and Bright moves the White Base to it. The Gadiswordians are saved, but Bright has to eject an engine, the other soon gets hit and the White Base becomes stationary. 

Fairey says if they blow up the Arounzer's C.U.B.E., 90% of the fortress will be propelled into space, the remainder will burn up the atmosphere, so that's the last plan. Then, everyone on the White Base evacuates for the Gandor as the White Base blows up. RIP the Glorious Father of SRW Battleships.🛳️⚰️

I ignore the Ordais this time, I've waaaaay more EN and SP than I need to kill Herluga, I finish him with Akimi and Final Dancouga support attack. THE GAME IS OVER.

The heroes successfully escape, well, some of them. A bunch end up drifting through space, unable to move, but the Gandor rescues them all.

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-11-00-23.png

The ending has the heroes use the Seal of Grados and the Super Soul Saber to send the Edonites (Bax and Sasu included), the Pentagonans (Daba will go back to the village with Olibee for now, his friends will do the Pentagonan rebuilding), and the Daltanious crew (Kento won't become king, but he agrees to help rebuild) off to their section of the cosmos. The Seal of Grados the heroes oddly choose to leave in effect, though with C.U.B.E. they can still cross it.

As for Earthlings, an government-independent Solar System peacekeeping organization dedicated to disarmament comprised of all the heroes is established. The game goes through the rest of the now-victorious heroes. (I'll skip over a few of the people.)

• Eiji finally meets with Rowan again, the Layzner crew will get to peacekeeping in North America with Texas Mack.
  • Kamille gets assigned under Emma. Four resolves the "oops I'm alive" love triangle by informing Fa the Kamille truly loves her (Fa).
  • Central Asia is for the 08th MS Team, Aina included.
  • Dragonar stays in China but Meio wants to do some thinking so he and Practice head into space, promising to return before his sister's wedding.
  • Judau's friends and little sister remain on Earth, he and Roux with the Purus head for Jupiter. Quattro & Lalah are headed for Jupiter with them, with Quattro saying goodbye to Bright for now, after getting one look at Bright's new battleship- the Argama.
  • The J9 Rangers head for the asteroid belt where their base is, but then say they'll be peacekeeping beyond Jupiter, where it seems Earth colonists are planting roots.
  • Things end at Hinobori Academy, going back to the very beginning of this story. The Earth Defense Class, Watta, and Akimi. Then the very last scene is Akimi and Sieg in front of her father's company skyscraper, the Gadiswordians are going to be living on Earth now, and they'll be peacekeeping together. -No saliva is exchanged.😄

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-11-14-37.png

The credits roll.

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-11-27-11.png

🥱😆😄