• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I will say tho

I do like how quite a vieq supports involve more than the 2 characters in the chain. Didn't happen that often at first, but going through the rest atm it keeps happening more.

Oh, that is neat.

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's just...quite a few of Alain's exist for one reason only.

c98d8a3d756709903fdc32356457e57c.png

...Not that reason? XD

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-If only it didn't permanently impinge on the beauty of Sylvalum. I want the bridge back.

The bridges? Man I'm more upset the thing crash lands in Lake Ciel. Ruining the vistas. 

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

have to take a look, because if it is just Kaga's ending slides but instead of picking them on a menu you use Alain as a glorified cursor, I'm still beating you with the sign

The epilogue is after the ending slides.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and the design is so lazy that I couldn't imagine them putting much more effort into him than that. I'd probably laugh at him.

It invokes the DnD necromancer vibes so I feel it works.

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I always do that fight on foot lol

How do you even do the first phase on foot?

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's just...quite a few of Alain's exist for one reason only.

Then again, y'all know my opinion on "choose your waifubando" systems

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This reminds me of New Mystery and its insistence on giving Kris all the supports in the game, to the point where multiple characters ended up only getting the Kris support. It still gives them room to breathe a bit (certainly more than every other Archanea game) and sometimes they could be pretty great (Arran is my favorite character in the series from his one Kris support and a few auxiliary lines after all), but it'd be better if the extremely boring plank of wood protagonist didn't hog so many interactions.

...Except at least those weren't strictly intended to just be "which of the game's women will Kris fuck with his infinite personality-less rizz."

Tbf, you legitimately get the bad ending if you don't pair up Alain with someone so at least there's an actual plot incentive to get Alain hooked up with someone.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

to the point where multiple characters ended up only getting the Kris support.

It's not that bad at least. There's no Alain-sexuals.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I do like how quite a few supports involve more than the 2 characters in the chain. Didn't happen that often at first, but going through the rest atm it keeps happening more.

Yeah like the Alain/Travis Rapport was actually Alain/Travis/Lex.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The epilogue is after the ending slides.

So, it's a different thing entirely. Very well. The sign rests.

It invokes the DnD necromancer vibes so I feel it works.

If you say so. Me, I kinda like it just on the basis that it's a garbage bag with a beard attached to it. That's very funny. I hope the twist with him is that he genuinely is just a sentient beard with a garbage bag pretending to be a person.

Tbf, you legitimately get the bad ending if you don't pair up Alain with someone so at least there's an actual plot incentive to get Alain hooked up with someone.

That's... kinda stupid, I won't lie. What if I think he has better chemistry with, I dunno, Lex or something? Does the world just end because I didn't want to bother making plank-o-wood Alain fuck a woman? It wouldn't be the first time, I made sure Byleth ended up single in my one complete Houses run.

...Wait, what am I saying-- I get to leave Alain forever alone and obtain a bad ending? Sign me the fuck up, this game's better than I thought.

It's not that bad at least. There's no Alain-sexuals.

That's good.

Yeah like the Alain/Travis Rapport was actually Alain/Travis/Lex.

That is very good.

Guess what game also did this 20 years ago.

KyLGx5yT_o.png

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does the world just end because I didn't want to bother making plank-o-wood Alain fuck a woman?

Hey, it worked for Dragon Quest V.

RDT_20240323_1250195405875997425079886.j

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What if I think he has better chemistry with, I dunno, Lex or something? Does the world just end because I didn't want to bother making plank-o-wood Alain fuck a woman? It wouldn't be the first time, I made sure Byleth ended up single in my one complete Houses run.

Well paired up in the sense that as long as you gave the ring to someone, you'll avoid the bad ending. The pairing doesn't necessarily need to be romantic. That's not gonna stop people tho.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And this is why Roland is the best of the lot. He's actually balanced and rewarding to use correctly.

Also, Hossabara.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well paired up in the sense that as long as you gave the ring to someone, you'll avoid the bad ending. The pairing doesn't necessarily need to be romantic. That's not gonna stop people tho.

Can I give it to Baltro? I trust him, I have no reason to believe he could be up to misdeeds.

And finished getting and reading through all supports

Now...  Rosa...or Virginia? 

Hmmmm

Yes

But tbf

Not that big of a fan of this decision. If you gonna make romance important for the story, make it an integral part of the plot and not FE support system

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Funny enough i do think Lance cavs do fall off quite hard late into the game - their attacks against late game compsitions are not that good. Still superb for Squad mobility

Alain and Saint Knights rule tho

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And finished getting and reading through all supports

Now...  Rosa...or Virginia? 

Virginia, Shrimpers.

You know you want to.

Listen to the side of you that hops and cheers when Oshi No Ko says "It's Oshi No Koin' time" and Oshi No Kos all over the incest laws.

What are you, a chicken? Cheep cheep cheep cheep!

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- I decided to begin Ys II today. Question- how am I supposed to win against the first boss?🤨 I got the fire magic, but it'll take like 1000 fireballs to kill it at level 10 on Normal. And I take it the Celceta Flower (ironically I don't ever remember seeing them or at least memorably so in their titular game) is somewhere beyond it?

The bridges? Man I'm more upset the thing crash lands in Lake Ciel. Ruining the vistas. 

Think of it like this- if we get to return to the old regions in X2, humanity & allies can recycle the Zu Pharg as scrap. The fragile beauty of Lake Ciel would be restored. -There's no bringing back the natural arch over which the Sabula tyrant majestically vaulted.

Speaking of Lake Ciel, I'm struggling to think of IRL examples of things like it, but I know they have to exist. The lake is pretty shallow, calling it a "lake" in terms of depth might seem odd. Nonetheless, it's beautiful. ...Actually, does the lake have an outlet to drain into the sea? I forget. If not, well that would mean high salt concentrations in the water, and given the unusual environment of Sylvalum in general, I'd be curious what NLA scientists would find in a vial of "Cielwater". I could imagine it isn't the safest thing to swim in, and unless you're an organism adapted to Sylvalum, drinking it over the long term could cause health problems.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same with Mana Khemia 1 BTW, in case I never pointed that out. In my case, Roxis doled out one serious verbal lashing.

I have a feeling Eternights was the same way too, given it outright told you to bond closely with someone near the end. And I remember Riviera: the Promised Land has six endings, including one that I don't think is bad, but isn't quite the same as the rest if you have low affection with all the girls. And SoS: A Wonderful Life demands you wed before the first year is over -since the rest of the game otherwise doesn't work if you're a lifelong bachelor/ette SMH at shaming single parents. Not sure how Luminous Arc 3 would've handled things had I not sufficiently bonded with anyone, but I can imagine in that case that the game would force me to pick someone, anyone. Same as LA3 for Maglam Lord, maybe.

...And these are all the examples I think I can think of.😅

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Virginia, Shrimpers.

You know you want to.

Listen to the side of you that hops and cheers when Oshi No Ko says "It's Oshi No Koin' time" and Oshi No Kos all over the incest laws.

What are you, a chicken? Cheep cheep cheep cheep!

One of the reasons i like AqRb is the star crossed aspect - Rosa fits that more 😛

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I decided to begin Ys II today. Question- how am I supposed to win against the first boss?🤨

Charged fireballs iirc

And enjoy 😄

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

One of the reasons i like AqRb is the star crossed aspect - Rosa fits that more 😛

I have no idea what you mean by that but, I still say Virginia is funnier.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And Josef sees her as the queen.

On the other hand

Dark Elf

It would please the jeigan as well? Do it, man. What kind of monster would you have to be not to do it?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It would please the jeigan as well? Do it, man. What kind of monster would you have to be not to do it?

It's Josef's support with her infact that made me retreat from the sure Rosa decision xD

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's Josef's support with her infact that made me retreat from the sure Rosa decision xD

Good man. Respect Josef's wishes.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good man. Respect Josef's wishes.

I gave him cat ears to be useful - hard to respect him after that

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I gave him cat ears to be useful - hard to respect him after that

What a sentence this is.