Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

It's 2430 and the Lategame Crisis hasn't triggered (game ends in 2500 since I had it on default settings). At this rate, it will literally be running on an actual Endgame with the last 15-20 years...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, did one last check on my Wii U. Just had to make sure I had the XCX stuff, which thankfully I never removed. Well, I think I'm all set for the offline WiiU/3DS life.

I've spent the entire day operating on only ~1 1/2 hours of sleep (for silly reasons).🥱 It wasn't all that difficult. -Entirely because I've been playing Endless Legend for so much of that time (that's 4/8 of the base game factions I've tried, Necrophages or Ardent Mages next?). Blue light paired to subtly-addicting gameplay is powerful.😅 

56 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Eiyuden Chronicle...

Anyone here tried it?

I might grab it when I visit the VG store after work monday for Unicorn Overlord

I don't believe Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is out just yet (the 23rd of this month). They did release Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising, but that's just a little teaser game in the same world that doesn't actually play like Hundred Heroes will. 

Eiyuden Chronicles is a spiritual successor to Suikoden, which was a series of PS1&2 turn-based JRPGs by Konami. Suikoden is notable for having 108 Stars of Destiny to recruit- the many heroes (not all playable, some do things like run shops in the heroes' home base). Suikoden usually was down-to-earth by fantasy JRPG standards, focused not saving the entire world, just one country/region usually, with neighboring countries maybe doing a little intervention, but not being visited or anything. Gameplay-wise, they tended to be on the easy side of JRPGs. I've played some of them and watched others. Suikoden does have its fans, with the general favorite of the franchise being Suikoden 2, hence what interest Eiyuden Chronicle has been attracting.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, did one last check on my Wii U. Just had to make sure I had the XCX stuff, which thankfully I never removed. Well, I think I'm all set for the offline WiiU/3DS life.

As for me, i have all the really hard to get pieces for the Ares 90. So i'm set on that front at least. I'll never get the online-only holofigures though.

As for 3DS, i'm still on the fence if i should transfer my Pokemon to Home. Granted, Bank and PokeTransfer are the two things not shutting down. 

7 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

I might grab it when I visit the VG store after work monday for Unicorn Overlord.

I’ll be interested to hear what you think about it Captain.

9 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Eiyuden Chronicle...

Anyone here tried it?

It's not out quite yet. I'd been following it with some interest but I have a number of concerns. Will likely wait on it.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eiyuden Chronicles is a spiritual successor to Suikoden, which was a series of PS1&2 turn-based JRPGs by Konami. Suikoden is notable for having 108 Stars of Destiny to recruit- the many heroes (not all playable, some do things like run shops in the heroes' home base). Suikoden usually was down-to-earth by fantasy JRPG standards, focused not saving the entire world, just one country/region usually, with neighboring countries maybe doing a little intervention, but not being visited or anything. Gameplay-wise, they tended to be on the easy side of JRPGs. I've played some of them and watched others. Suikoden does have its fans, with the general favorite of the franchise being Suikoden 2, hence what interest Eiyuden Chronicle has been attracting.

This is a good summary of the situation.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh wow, I actually defeated Cloud Sea King Ken... after several tries, granted.

Pretty much all UM's are perfectly doable, since enemies only gain damage dealt by level difference between the player and themselves mostly.

Edited by Lightcosmo

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Pretty much all UM's are perfectly doable, since enemies only gain damage dealt by level difference between the player and themselves mostly.

My team was level 76. I pretty much had to rely on Corvin's Evasion boosts and healing, thus keeping the party alive as they whittled its HP down. Also lots of Break>Topple>Launch>Smash chains.

I did not have potential Mexican-Ecuadorian war on the 2024 bingo.

(I don't think it'll actually escalate that far but Jesus Christ).

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My team was level 76. I pretty much had to rely on Corvin's Evasion boosts and healing, thus keeping the party alive as they whittled its HP down. Also lots of Break>Topple>Launch>Smash chains.

I think at max level, Sea King Ken is one of the easier super bosses. But it's definitely tougher at Lv.76 so good job.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I did not have potential Mexican-Ecuadorian war on the 2024 bingo.

(I don't think it'll actually escalate that far but Jesus Christ).

I wouldn't worry about that. We take our stance of not starting wars too seriously (WWII was just about the only time we ever declared war on someone rather than someone declaring war on us). We're too busy killing each other to focus on killing others.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think at max level, Sea King Ken is one of the easier super bosses. But it's definitely tougher at Lv.76 so good job.

Thanks!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

We're too busy killing each other to focus on killing others.

"Esta es la revolucion"

"Mexico, este es la septima semana seguida que has tenido una revolucion"

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, you used Corvin, that changes the game entirely.

Jokes aside, beating an UM is satisfying Imo, especially those high level ones that tormented you throughout the game.

Sometimes relying on Fusion Combos is better than Driver Combos, when you get the hang of it and setup totally around it.

Tomorrow is the solar eclipse.☀️🌑 I can't decide if I should skip it, or find somewhere nearby with free eclipse glasses and go see it (I'm not in the path of totality, but I should still have most of the Sun blocked out). Glorious natural phenomenon yes, but it is very brief, is it worth the time of transportation?🤔 ...Am I being a total homebody thinking this?😅

I did experience that random minor earthquake two days ago, maybe that's enough awe-inducing natural occurrences for the month?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Over here it will be in the 60-70% range. I'll be at work, so at most I'd only see how it darkens outside, heh.

---

Oh, seems the Lategame Crisis is here. Looks like it's the Extradimensional Invaders. Oh fun. Funnily enough, it was shortly after the vote in the Galactic Council elected me Custodian, and became President in the Federation I'm part of. Well, got my fleets, got the Federation Fleet, got the Guardian of the Galaxy perk... let's see how it goes.

So... I just curbstomped them, PFT. Supposedly this Crisis is that they have their main portal, then dimensional anchors get spread across the Galaxy, so the portal can't be destroyed until the anchors are first. But I wiped out the initial fleet before the anchors could get set up, so... crisis over. Ah well.

I can only imagine people 30-40 years from now being very confused...

Maybe even as early as 20 years, perhaps. 10?

Edited by Acacia Sgt