• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, considering they kept the Endless Waltz finale to still happen on Christmas, and of course, the Bloody Valentine, I wonder if they have done the same for other events.

I've been writing down the dates since Scenario 10. If you really wanted to check, I'd provide them.

Oh, not even "character from a different series who is also from Mars"? Is there even any?

...I don't think so, actually. Nobody else needs Mars in W I think, although GGG needing Jupiter made Mars trips not entirely one-note for the first half.

That said, some games do give the Nu Gundam a MAP Funnel attack. Sometimes as a FUB to the regular Funnels, sometimes it's given to you outright. Don't remember if they are a thing in AP and GC and thus you already saw them, I'll admit.

Not the case in GC for sure. In AP, certainly not anyone playable, though I forget if anyone, perhaps the bad guy with the Mother Funnels why use these Funnels that contain more Funnels only once in Gundam?, did.

Santa sure be busy that year. XD

What do you think of Santa using a mech? With robo reindeer! Surely that would better explain how he could deliver gifts in just one night, hahaha.

The reindeer are sub-pilots, think Fuunsaiki. And the sled is speedy travel mode for between towns, the humanoid Giver Mode is used for precise yet swift movement from residence to residence.

Also, something I noticed, but the Nadesico wiki uses largely the SRW portraits (from V and maybe T) in their gallery sections. That's... a bit amusing, actually. 

If The Prince of Darkness brought Martian Successor Nadesico to an end long ago, SRW has been its second life?🤔😛

Likewise Genichiro is only playable here and R best I know, and then in R it's only in the future segment before the OGs get sent to the past, so no joining in the "present".

Stupid Timeflow Engine! *Kicks it several times* Work properly!

...Or did Dumbass send it out of control as it does in OGs2? -Although that was a space, not time, shift. Understandable why OGs went with that, less complicated. Though it leaves me wondering if Raul/Fiona in R tries averting anything with the knowledge of things to come they might have.

The likes of Hikaru, Izumi, and Akatsuki aren't playable when Prince of Darkness is alone. The first two get relegated to the Buttercup Formation which is now a standard attack for Ryoko (at least that's how it is in V and T). Akatsuki remains an NPC (he's not even a Supporter in T, that slot is taken by Prospector and Inez). Likewise Genichiro is only playable here and R best I know, and then in R it's only in the future segment before the OGs get sent to the past, so no joining in the "present".

Wait, now I have to check...

Okay, looks like in MX Hikaru and Izumi are also playable, despite using Prince of Darkness. In light of that... it's just in VTX where they aren't payable, then. Huh, interesting...

Methinks "unit consolidation" to trim down the rosters of across various licenses Victory didn't get the memo? At least Buttercup Formation being packed one unit -provided it's sufficiently strong- means using an Aestivalis Custom at full power, doesn't take up extra deployment slots b/c Combination Attack.

Speaking of Combinations, why can't Sandrock pair Maganac Corps with Heavyarm's Full Open Attack, or the Cross Crusher with Deathscythe's Beam Scissors? Or the Wing Zero pair its Twin Buster Rifle with Tallgeese III's Mega Cannon or have the Altron hold the enemy in place for an easy TBR shot? Flex some creative license SRW!

Well, Leonard works with Cross Ange's Embryo in V, who is also not exactly a normal guy. I guess Leonard just has a knack for it, then?

He was also chatting with Azrael in the first half of W, so there was his more expectable fellow Real connection here. 

Though from what little I've seen of the guy (I've always or almost always sided against FMP at W splits), Leonard's self-assuredness can manifest in boldness I presume. Nobody intimidates him, and natural genius + Whispered means he can know all.

Sorry, Interdimensional, but the Whispered are in another planet!

On to World 8-1 of Super Bonta-kun.😛

Yeah, will admit I don't tend to use secret units much either. Mostly since I tend to stick to using the main characters, who of course they and their best units aren't a secret to get. Exceptions like Great Zeorymer and Heero in Shin AND FF aside, of course.

But of course, the main draw of recruiting characters and sometimes units is for the story. To see the characters there and see how they interact with the story. That's the real value to them I would say, heh.

True, I like that. And simply having those spare mechs/frames, it's fine filigree that looks nice when flipping through the intermission pages of units.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, the direction setting has been a bit better on my end, but is there some avenue for you to go down at the minute?

I suppose I could try looking for another therapist and try again. Although my current thinking/gut desire would be to just be open about how I feel IRL, as loathe as I am to do that. ...Just not right at this moment, I'll wait a while for good timing.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Speaking of Vanillaware, Unicorn Overlord has sold itself to me on the demo (I barely cleared the main story and side quests in the 7 hours, I was rushing for the final boss and barely lived)

I bought UO thinking of playing it alongside Shrimpy and Arma here. However, I am really bad at keeping spoken declarations I have made.😅 My gaming habits can be very irregular, and I still haven't as much as started the game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Why did I dream that Belgium was in South America?

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

GrimGrimore's

I need to finish this.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Speaking of Vanillaware, Unicorn Overlord has sold itself to me on the demo (I barely cleared the main story and side quests in the 7 hours, I was rushing for the final boss and barely lived)

Based. Definitely my GOTY. 

13 Sentinels also based.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Any particular style influences you going for?

Not for now, just experimenting.

And now, time for a stupid thought.

Thracia 776 is the most American Fire Emblem.

Spoiler

I mean, Thracia Seven and Seventeen share syllable count (for 1776), you're fighting against not-empire forces for self (royal) representation, you start off with no money and steal weapons off your enemies to enrich your forces as smaller militia would have to before joining in the larger liberation army, you get a bunch of units who can act as cannon fodder, the fuck ton of artillary fire, you have several hostage situations where you can get them all killed, the fact Leif was going to be the other lord in Melee because Sakurai gets it, your main villain is just some guy who's acting like he's all that, you end the story calling Leif the greatest hero of all time......

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Welcome back, Dayni! Apologies for the lateness!

NP, NP

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I suppose I could try looking for another therapist and try again. Although my current thinking/gut desire would be to just be open about how I feel IRL, as loathe as I am to do that. ...Just not right at this moment, I'll wait a while for good timing.

Fair enough on that, but what's the progress on other parts of your life?

For example, I wish I could say the car situation's sorted, but no, no it is not.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I bought UO thinking of playing it alongside Shrimpy and Arma here. However, I am really bad at keeping spoken declarations I have made.😅 My gaming habits can be very irregular, and I still haven't as much as started the game.

Don't have it at the moment, there's enough to get through.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why did I dream that Belgium was in South America?

EU can into Paraguay

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Based. Definitely my GOTY. 

13 Sentinels also based.

There's still half a year left, high praise.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I commend your restraint in getting through that paragraph without once mentioning the greatest patriot.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've been writing down the dates since Scenario 10. If you really wanted to check, I'd provide them.

Oh, maybe once you finished the game to have them all in one go.

Or perhaps until after the second playthrough, to include the ones from the routes you missed.

...I don't think so, actually. Nobody else needs Mars in W I think, although GGG needing Jupiter made Mars trips not entirely one-note for the first half.

Well, it's not about needing it, just being from there. If only there was an encyclopedia to check... *shakes fist at the Database*

Not the case in GC for sure. In AP, certainly not anyone playable, though I forget if anyone, perhaps the bad guy with the Mother Funnels why use these Funnels that contain more Funnels only once in Gundam?, did.

I see. I know that in games like 64 and I think Alpha 1 did allowed the Nu to get MAP Funnels, and it was precisely by fully upgrading the regular funnels. Some other attacks were unlocked that way as well. Definitely in 64, probably not in Alpha though.

The reindeer are sub-pilots, think Fuunsaiki. And the sled is speedy travel mode for between towns, the humanoid Giver Mode is used for precise yet swift movement from residence to residence.

Oh, right, how could I forget? XD

Now that does sound like a plan. lol

If The Prince of Darkness brought Martian Successor Nadesico to an end long ago, SRW has been its second life?🤔😛

Yeah, pretty much. As I said, Prince of Darkness kinda tanked and killed the series, more or less. I think there were plans for a second movie, but didn't come into fruition because of it. So all it has is the TV series, the Sega Saturn game, the movie... and its crossover game appearances (Super Robot Wars, Another Century's Episode, etc).

Stupid Timeflow Engine! *Kicks it several times* Work properly!

...Or did Dumbass send it out of control as it does in OGs2? -Although that was a space, not time, shift. Understandable why OGs went with that, less complicated. Though it leaves me wondering if Raul/Fiona in R tries averting anything with the knowledge of things to come they might have.

Yes, I believe it is because a reaction triggers due to her presence, causing the time travel.

Well, at first they don't. They just go with the flow. However, around the time the Endless Waltz finale happens (Dekim actually wins in the original timeline, so he is the one ordering Londo Bell to stop the Axis Drop), they go "screw it, it's not worth it", and so do start being more proactive about it. As for how much knowledge they have... hmm, kinda hard to say. Since they do know some things, but also it's stated how during the "present" time, the OG characters were in some kind of... well, they were undergoing some kind of training or education in a highly restrictive facility on the Moon (I think the very one that appear in the first map when they're testing out their mech before it comes under attack) so they were more or less isolated there. That's also how the game explains why they never meet their past selves, pretty much.

Methinks "unit consolidation" to trim down the rosters of across various licenses Victory didn't get the memo? At least Buttercup Formation being packed one unit -provided it's sufficiently strong- means using an Aestivalis Custom at full power, doesn't take up extra deployment slots b/c Combination Attack.

Yeah, sounds pretty much, considering just how many units there can be due to the amount of licences. Another consequence of this is how some combining units are only playable as their, well, combined form. W and I think Alphaverse may let you use the individual units of GGG, but in T they certainly aren't. Only the combined forms. And pre Alpha Gaiden they also went wild with letting you use sub-forms (like the actual Pilders of the Mazinger units or the Core Boosters of the Gundams being playable), or having the individual components of the likes of Combattler, Voltes, Dancougar, etc. also being playable. That was wild for sure, heh.

Well, Victory does it partly. Games like 2G, Shin, and Alpha 1 had the entire Shrike team playable. And then on the other side of the spectrum, D only had Junko, and the Shrike Team was an attack for the Gunblaster. So 30 more or less compromises by having only half and the full team participating attack.

Speaking of Combinations, why can't Sandrock pair Maganac Corps with Heavyarm's Full Open Attack, or the Cross Crusher with Deathscythe's Beam Scissors? Or the Wing Zero pair its Twin Buster Rifle with Tallgeese III's Mega Cannon or have the Altron hold the enemy in place for an easy TBR shot? Flex some creative license SRW!

Hmm... yeah, come to think of it, I don't think Gundam Wing has combination attacks, like, ever. Maybe they should one of these days, yeah.

He was also chatting with Azrael in the first half of W, so there was his more expectable fellow Real connection here. 

Though from what little I've seen of the guy (I've always or almost always sided against FMP at W splits), Leonard's self-assuredness can manifest in boldness I presume. Nobody intimidates him, and natural genius + Whispered means he can know all.

Yeah, he's certainly quite the piece of work. Don't know if it's in The Second Raid or the Light Novels, but well, I guess you'll soon see as I saw in V.

On to World 8-1 of Super Bonta-kun.😛

XD

True, I like that. And simply having those spare mechs/frames, it's fine filigree that looks nice when flipping through the intermission pages of units.

Ah, indeed.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

All that was missing is having over-the-seas help from other foreign powers which tied up the Empire enough to actually let you win.

Funny how all the help from the French, Spanish, Dutch, etc. that the American rebels got tends to be ignored. Without them, the British would've actually won.

I wonder when will Getter Robo Arc will appear in mainline SRW. It's pretty much only a matter of time.

Which makes me wonder. T and 30 may be starting a trend of the Main Trio being veterans... but then how about now being past legends? Time-wise, they could match Arc with F91/Crossbone, but then what about Mazinger? The only work with a long-dead Koji is SKL... I guess it could work. Though Koji, unlike Amuro and Ryoma, dies still in his teens.

Still, a SRW with SKL, Arc, and Crossbone could cement the trio as posthumus legends.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Fair enough on that, but what's the progress on other parts of your life?

For example, I wish I could say the car situation's sorted, but no, no it is not.

Nothing at all, including on getting my own driver's license. The arrow of time moves forward, I do not. I haven't spent a day looking for a job either, several layers of hesitancy/paralysis have perpetually gotten in the way.

...I'll stop there and wax no further, as I don't want to drag ya down too much with things I've uttered before.😅

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it's not about needing it, just being from there. If only there was an encyclopedia to check... *shakes fist at the Database*

And yet they give me six pages of six save slots! Like, do I need that many?😆 ...Actually I've used up 1 & 1/2 pages for various little reasons.

...I started the next episode, but a few turns in decided to drop it. Feels like I should dump upgrades into a bunch of my units (2.8 mil funds), and so began to contemplate my final team anew.:

Spoiler

SRW 1st (Super + Tokusatsu) Run Final Team Revised. Assuming 14 non-Valzacard/battleship Slots.:

1. Genesic GaoGaiGar
  2. King J-Der
  3. Big Volfogg
  4. Mic Sounders XIII
  5. Mazinkaiser
  6. (Shin) Great Mazinger
  7. Shin Getter Robo
  8. Million Alpha
  9. GoLion
  10. Orgun
  11. Tekkaman Blade
  12. Tekkaman Rapier
  13. Tekkaman Hive
  14. Tekkaman Aki

Pretty easy to plan out, since Supers don’t have that many options b/c quality/size over quantity.😅 If I have more room than this, I could squeeze in Tekkamen Sommer/Vesna/Dead. Sorry Tsukumo.

Big Volfogg is debatable, but I’m thinking I’ll keep him on. Bunshin Assassination is a weak ultimate attack (if very cool😄) -by this team’s standards.😜 4500 is the envy of many Reals, namely the numerous Gundams who don’t reach 4000, as well as Yoko of Orgun and a few Nadesicans like Saburota and Akatsuki. Big Volfogg also has very amazing availability in both halves, and is like the earliest source of Disrupt by a landslide if you like having a one-use one-turn smoke bomb. I want to use him to the end.😀

There are more Tekkamen than I thought there would be when I began W.😅 And -sans Sols- they’re all excellent units. Dead aside, they all get a sub-pilot for more Spirits that I mostly don’t use. Not only that, but Dead's single-target Voltekka is base 5000 Attack, a number about 1300 higher than what a great slew of Gundams have. And Dead is the weakest of the six!😆 The others can Combination even higher numbers, whilst having all the blazing Mobility of Mobile Suits. Although you've only Blade for the first half, the Armed Tekkamen get lots of second-half availability too.

-I'd check an LP to get an answer on the final battle deployment slot count. ...But I don't want to as much as glimpse the last map or even know its episode number.😆

Yeah, sounds pretty much, considering just how many units there can be due to the amount of licences. Another consequence of this is how some combining units are only playable as their, well, combined form. W and I think Alphaverse may let you use the individual units of GGG, but in T they certainly aren't. Only the combined forms. And pre Alpha Gaiden they also went wild with letting you use sub-forms (like the actual Pilders of the Mazinger units or the Core Boosters of the Gundams being playable), or having the individual components of the likes of Combattler, Voltes, Dancougar, etc. also being playable. That was wild for sure, heh.

GC does let you break up Daltanious and Raijin-Oh into their three components, XO apparently allows for this with Daiohja too. And speaking of a Core Booster, Soul Saber has that playable feature as well.

J allowed you to split Tekkaman and Pegas, and the Black Wing from Final Dancouga (also the case in GC, in neither game can you take non-Final Dancouga apart). You can use this and the Swap feature of battleship to actually go over the initial deployment limit. Both Pegas and Black Wing have Resupply too. W did away the separation of Pegas into its own unit, likely because now they'd have to do that with the four Armed Tekkamen as well.

Well, at first they don't. They just go with the flow. However, around the time the Endless Waltz finale happens (Dekim actually wins in the original timeline, so he is the one ordering Londo Bell to stop the Axis Drop), they go "screw it, it's not worth it", and so do start being more proactive about it. As for how much knowledge they have... hmm, kinda hard to say. Since they do know some things, but also it's stated how during the "present" time, the OG characters were in some kind of... well, they were undergoing some kind of training or education in a highly restrictive facility on the Moon (I think the very one that appear in the first map when they're testing out their mech before it comes under attack) so they were more or less isolated there. That's also how the game explains why they never meet their past selves, pretty much.

Since Raul/Fiona is not going back that far, not like they could be present for their own conception, Banpresto could've written it differently. "If you exist in the past you're time-traveling to, your body doesn't follow. Your present mind/soul is transferred to your past's body." Avoids the underlined problem, if in need of a companion explanation for the Excellence. 

57 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wonder when will Getter Robo Arc will appear in mainline SRW. It's pretty much only a matter of time.

...Yet still no announcement of a new SRW this year, after the completely-silent last. 😑 

Is the franchise's admirable prolificness at a close?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet they give me six pages of six save slots! Like, do I need that many?😆 ...Actually I've used up 1 & 1/2 pages for various little reasons.

Certainly if you want to save before specific battles you'd want to replay, yes. It's not like you could use save states in an actual DS, hahaha.

SRW 1st (Super) Run Final Team Revised. Assuming 14 non-Valzacard/battleship Slots.:

1. Genesic GaoGaiGar
  2. King J-Der
  3. Big Volfogg
  4. Mic Sounders XIII
  5. Mazinkaiser
  6. Shin Great Mazinger
  7. Shin Getter Robo
  8. Million Alpha
  9. GoLion
  10. Orgun
  11. Tekkaman Blade
  12. Tekkaman Rapier
  13. Tekkaman Hive
  14. Tekkaman Aki

Pretty easy to plan out, since Supers don’t have that many options b/c quality/size over quantity.😅 If I have more room than this, I could squeeze in Tekkamen Sommer/Vesna/Dead. Sorry Tsukumo.

Hmm, I see.

I should probably do this one of these days. I think the only time I went not using mainly the protagonists was in D, since I went for a full Real team.

I guess you can use him in the Real playthrough, then? Even if the Jovian mechs feel more like Supers, heh. Can give you more variety can just fielding lots of Gundam units.

Big Volfogg is debatable, but I’m thinking I’ll keep him on. Bunshin Assassination is a weak ultimate attack (if very cool😄) -by this team’s standards.😜 4500 is the envy of many Reals, namely the numerous Gundams who don’t reach 4000, as well as Yoko of Orgun and a few Nadesicans like Saburota and Akatsuki. Big Volfogg also has very amazing availability in both halves, and is like the earliest source of Disrupt by a landslide if you like having a one-use one-turn smoke bomb. I want to use him to the end.😀

It comes to my attention how the Brave series always aim to have a Ninja. There's Volfogg, J-Decker also had a ninja, Mightgaine... wait, I don't think they had one there. At least as a Super AI.

There are more Tekkamen than I thought there would be when I began W.😅 And -sans Sols- they’re all excellent units. Dead aside, they all get a sub-pilot for more Spirits that I mostly don’t use. Not only that, but Dead's single-target Voltekka is base 5000 Attack, a number about 1300 higher than what a great slew of Gundams have. And Dead is the weakest of the six!😆 The others can Combination even higher numbers, whilst having all the blazing Mobility of Mobile Suits. Although you've only Blade for the first half, the Armed Tekkamen get lots of second-half availability too.

Oh, so they're W's answer to the Brains of J, eh. Well, they had different strengths, but still same purpose of being able to field the entire lot and do fine enough. I know the Brains had lots of Love/Friend bonuses between each other as well. I take it it's the same for the Tekkamen too?

-I'd check an LP to get an answer on the final battle deployment slot count. ...But I don't want to as much as glimpse the last map or even know its episode number.😆

I can go check myself, then. Can give you the deployment number and only that without spoiling you of the rest. If you wish.

GC does let you break up Daltanious and Raijin-Oh into their three components, XO apparently allows for this with Daiohja too. And speaking a Core Booster, Soul Saber has that playable feature as well.

J allowed you to split Tekkaman and Pegas, and the Black Wing from Final Dancouga (also the case in GC, in neither game can you take non-Final Dancouga apart). You can use this and the Swap feature of battleship to actually go over the initial deployment limit. Both Pegas and Black Wing have Resupply too. W did away the separation of Pegas into its own unit, likely because now they'd have to do that with the four Armed Tekkamen as well.

Oh, yeah, it can still happen, but it's not as common. I guess it depends, ultimately.

Since Raul/Fiona is not going back that far, not like they could be present for their own conception, Banpresto could've written it differently. "If you exist in the past you're time-traveling to, your body doesn't follow. Your present mind/soul is transferred to your past's body." Avoids the underlined problem, if in need of a companion explanation for the Excellence. 

I suppose. It's clear they did not plan or wanted to deal with that, and likewise wanted the time travel to be more standard than doing something like that. The whole not meeting themselves was likely to avoid wanting to pull a paradox or something. We don't even know if they did timeline branching or rewriting, since it's ultimately not important.

I'd say, it kinda bothers me that when using a controller in RF4, for some reason the display of the shoulder buttons are switched. If the game says I need to press L1 for something, I actually need to press L2. I had to reconfigure the keys manually, but right now I had to use a different controller and it reset. Ah well, not a big bother doing it again...

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I should probably do this one of these days. I think the only time I went not using mainly the protagonists was in D, since I went for a full Real team.

Play however you want, it's SRW!😀 -I've only been doing this for the sake of variety over four J and two W runs.

I guess you can use him in the Real playthrough, then? Even if the Jovian mechs feel more like Supers, heh. Can give you more variety can just fielding lots of Gundam units.

W is an easy game, I could fit Tsukumo on this one. I admit I like using the units with higher firepower too much 😆, and I've already got enough of that with literally everyone else except Million Alpha. Even Mic, the supremely-supportive Repair & Resupply unit that can alternative grant +5 Will, has a 5500 power 3-8 range 4 ammo attack (playing the GGG theme to summon a phantom GaoGaiGar with a phantom Goldion Hammer).

And I'll have more than Gundams on the NG+ Real run. I'll be throwing in the FMP trio, possibly quartet if I allot the slot to Clouseau. And some Aesti, although with Hikaru and Izumi gone for so long, Ryoko will lose a lot of punch for a long time in the second half.

It comes to my attention how the Brave series always aim to have a Ninja. There's Volfogg, J-Decker also had a ninja, Mightgaine... wait, I don't think they had one there. At least as a Super AI.

Speaking of this, Ho/En/Fu/RaiRyu I only just noticed share upgrades.😆 Which makes sense given their combined forms. Realizing I would've been upgrading four units by upgrading one, I've been sleeping on these robot guys the entire game.🤣 Very investment-efficient. (The French lady AIs only share upgrades with each other and their combined form.)

Oh, so they're W's answer to the Brains of J, eh. Well, they had different strengths, but still same purpose of being able to field the entire lot and do fine enough.

And like the Brains, the Tekkamen are very few/nonexistent at the beginning. The midgame is when these mass and become the highly destructive masses of Organic/Tokusatsu greatness.

I know the Brains had lots of Love/Friend bonuses between each other as well. I take it it's the same for the Tekkamen too?

It's slightly weird with them.

• Dead has a Friendship only with Sommer/David, expectable given Dead was a villain.
  • Blade gets just a Love from Aki (and Friendships no doubt from Noal and Balzac who I haven't been fielding).
    • However, Blade gives Friendship bonuses to Sommer and Vesna, and Love to both Aki and Hiver .
  • Aki, Sommer*, Vesna, and Hiver all have Friendship with each other.
    • And, Aki has a Command aura, so you don't need to drag a battleship or a non-Tek unit into the mix.
    • *Sommer gets Love from Aki, but she has a Friendship from him. As with Hiver towards Blade, it must be a one-sided crush/unrequited love.

The annoying thing with the Tekkamen- the near-identical map sprites!🔍 They didn't put letters on them, so Dead aside, it's hard to tell which one I'm selecting until I move the cursor over it.

I can go check myself, then. Can give you the deployment number and only that without spoiling you of the rest. If you wish.

If you don't mind, sure.😅

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Play however you want, it's SRW!😀 -I've only been doing this for the sake of variety over four J and two W runs.

That's true. Though VTX giving like 24 slots each means I can do all protagonists plus a few extras.

W is an easy game, I could fit Tsukumo on this one. I admit I like using the units with higher firepower too much 😆, and I've already got enough of that with literally everyone else except Million Alpha. Even Mic, the supremely-supportive Repair & Resupply unit that can alternative grant +5 Will, has a 5500 power 3-8 range 4 ammo attack (playing the GGG theme to summon a phantom GaoGaiGar with a phantom Goldion Hammer).

Ahaha, I see. If the game had SR's, then perhaps yeah, you'd want to have a team that lets you do things fast enough. Still, if not, then it's fine having just a few heavy hitters and the rest can be more crowd control + support. But yeah, it's however we'd want to play.

Speaking of this, Ho/En/Fu/RaiRyu I only just noticed share upgrades.😆 Which makes sense given their combined forms. Realizing I would've been upgrading four units by upgrading one, I've been sleeping on these robot guys the entire game.🤣 Very investment-efficient. (The French lady AIs only share upgrades with each other and their combined form.)

Oh, talk about convenient.

And like the Brains, the Tekkamen are very few/nonexistent at the beginning. The midgame is when these mass and become the highly destructive masses of Organic/Tokusatsu greatness.

Hmm, yeah, the focus is not on them at first. Still, once you do get them, hehehe...

It's slightly weird with them.

• Dead has a Friendship only with Sommer/David, expectable given Dead was a villain.
  • Blade gets just a Love from Aki (and Friendships no doubt from Noal and Balzac who I haven't been fielding).
    • However, Blade gives Friendship bonuses to Sommer and Vesna, and Love to both Aki and Hiver .
  • Aki, Sommer*, Vesna, and Hiver all have Friendship with each other. And Aki has a Command aura, so you don't need to drag a battleship or a non-Tek unit into the mix.
    • *Sommer gets Love from Aki, but she has a Friendship from him. As with Hiver towards Blade, it must be a one-sided crush/unrequited love.

The annoying thing with the Tekkamen- the near-identical map sprites!🔍 They didn't put letters on them, so Dead aside, it's hard to tell which one I'm selecting until I move the cursor over it.

Oh, that's certainly a bit complex. It's a shame SRW hasn't done the Love/Friendship bonuses in a while... I think.

Funnily enough, I believe... R was it, actually had something similar to FE's supports. While there were still preexisting Love/Friend bonuses, if you had units fight next to each other for enough turns, they'd actually gain the Friend bonus too. And there were also ranks, even. The indicator for the bonus would become larger for each rank. Even some of the preexisting bonuses started at set ranks that could grow too, if I recall. It was certainly quite the system to use, hahaha. Naturally, it was only the ranks and bonuses, as SRW has no need for Support Conversations. Not to mention, since there was no limitation over which two characters could gain the bonus, then that'd be... A LOT of conversation to make. So it's understandable if it only exists in the gameplay.

If you don't mind, sure.😅

18 slots. So... you still need to fill up a few. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I saw this, pass it on to inflict the world;

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I commend your restraint in getting through that paragraph without once mentioning the greatest patriot.

Kempf is Benedict Arnold

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

All that was missing is having over-the-seas help from other foreign powers which tied up the Empire enough to actually let you win.

Funny how all the help from the French, Spanish, Dutch, etc. that the American rebels got tends to be ignored. Without them, the British would've actually won.

Yeah, I didn't put it like that with Leif merging into the Liberation army, should have.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nothing at all, including on getting my own driver's license. The arrow of time moves forward, I do not. I haven't spent a day looking for a job either, several layers of hesitancy/paralysis have perpetually gotten in the way.

...I'll stop there and wax no further, as I don't want to drag ya down too much with things I've uttered before.😅

My own hesitancy is certainly not great. Sheer frustration with how things had gone, prioritising other things going on, not even going into my own issues. I've an interview or two to look forward to though, I have car progress to advance as well, never mind other stuff I left behind I need to do.

So O probably need to focus on that.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, I didn't put it like that with Leif merging into the Liberation army, should have.

To be fair, it's more accurate how you put it instead. Since Seliph is still a Jugdrali rebelling against the Empire. So it's more like a band of Marylanders fighting in the Delmavara suddenly being reinforced by New Englander patriots.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

18 slots. So... you still need to fill up a few. XD

Yaaaaaaaay!🎉😁

Tsukumo will fit perfectly fine then. The Daitetsujin, inspired by a fake anime inspired by real anime which the Daitetsujin now finds itself surrounded by, will join the Super team.🤪

Oh, that's certainly a bit complex.

It's charming they accounted for some internal dynamics.😀 I see how Blade is revered by Sommer/Vesna/Hiver as a legendary hero who I saw W once call "the White Demon", and he gets along with them so well in W. So it must be something about Tekkaman Blade II canonicity that explains why he gets nothing from them.

It's a shame SRW hasn't done the Love/Friendship bonuses in a while... I think.

I forgot they weren't in 30.

The OGverse still has them though, probably because the cast is mostly unchanged so it's brainless programming in the same old relationships again, perhaps even reusing the bonuses data files since OGs. (Although they did turn Alfimi's Friendship for Axel into one-sided Love in Moon Dwellers and diminished her one-sided Kyosuke Love. Girl is moving past her still-alive & not-evil first crush (though he was already taken), somewhat uncommon in pop fiction one might say.)

Funnily enough, I believe... R was it, actually had something similar to FE's supports. While there were still preexisting Love/Friend bonuses, if you had units fight next to each other for enough turns, they'd actually gain the Friend bonus too. And there were also ranks, even. The indicator for the bonus would become larger for each rank. Even some of the preexisting bonuses started at set ranks that could grow too, if I recall. It was certainly quite the system to use, hahaha.

K actually. The way I remember this, is that the K Original protagonist has two love interest options, and the Original MacGuffin is a Krystal Heart.💎❤️ Bonds!🤗

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yaaaaaaaay!🎉😁

If there's still time, you could also use the Elemental Super AI's too, I guess.

Tsukumo will fit perfectly fine then. The Daitetsujin, inspired by a fake anime inspired by real anime which the Daitetsujin now finds itself surrounded by, will join the Super team.🤪

It's funnier taking into consideration that Nadesico once did a clip show episode. How did they do that? By having the Gekkiganger cast... watch the Nadesico anime. And I'm pretty sure it was while the Nadesico cast were watching the Gekkiganger episode about they watching the Nadesico anime. Recursive fiction, yo!

It's charming they accounted for some internal dynamics.😀 I see how Blade is revered by Sommer/Vesna/Hiver as a legendary hero who I saw W once call "the White Demon", and he gets along with them so well in W. So it must be something about Tekkaman Blade II canonicity that explains why he gets nothing from them.

Hmm, indeed.

I forgot they weren't in 30.

The OGverse still has them though, probably because the cast is mostly unchanged so it's brainless programming in the same old relationships again, perhaps even reusing the bonuses data files since OGs. (Although they did turn Alfimi's Friendship for Axel into one-sided Love in Moon Dwellers and diminished her one-sided Kyosuke Love. Girl is moving past her still-alive & not-evil first crush (though he was already taken), somewhat uncommon in pop fiction one might say.)

Oh, really? Guess Axel still hasn't moved on from Lemon, huh. But it wouldn't surprise me if eventually it does become two-sided by the time OGverse ends (or at least that continuity of). Still, I still see it as an if it happens, I guess.

Considering Alfimi's love for Kyosuke was in part a byproduct of being a clone of Excellen and the Einst plans of using them like Adam and Eve, it can be a consider a good sign that she is moving on from that engineered love and into one that is more genuine. Good for her.

Speaking off, it's actually not that uncommon in SRW OGverse? Like, did they had Kuzuha with an unrequited crush on Ryusei before moving on to Bullet? I'll admit I don't remember.

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me they can keep the system for OGverse. Not as large of a cast to deal with and, yeah, much easier to just carry it over between games.

K actually. The way I remember this, is that the K Original protagonist has two love interest options, and the Original MacGuffin is a Krystal Heart.💎❤️ Bonds!🤗

Oh, I'm aware of that. But R did had it as a full-cast thing of creating and strengthening Friendship bonuses via fighting together. So that is more akin to the Support System of FE.

Oh yeah. People were actually watching Germany vs Scotland during work. Since the dining area has a TV. By the time it was my lunch break, the match was almost over, so I only saw Germany's fifth goal.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, I'm aware of that. But R did had it as a full-cast thing of creating and strengthening Friendship bonuses via fighting together. So that is more akin to the Support System of FE.

-I meant what you wrote was in K, and the Original stuff is how I remember it.:

Spoiler

Introduction

• Relationship bonuses in this game does not affect all stats (evade, hit, critical rate, damage, etc.) all at once, unlike other games in the series.
  • The simplest way to think about this is "If you place characters from the same series together, some bonus will be given".

Types of bonuses

• There are a total of 12 bonuses: damage dealt+, damage taken-, hit rate+, evasion rate+, critical rate+ (in melee and ranged flavors) as well as EXP+ and gold+.
  • Every character's bonus is fixed.
    • For example, Kira's bonus is ranged damage+ and Athrun's is melee damage+.
  • If there is a relationship bonus between characters, each character will gain both their bonus and their partner's bonus.
    • If Kira was placed next to Athrun, both characters will deal added ranged and melee damage.
  • The size of the bonus is a percentage based on the Trust between the two characters.
    • When Kira's Trust with Athrun is 5, both will gain +5% ranged and melee damage. If it is 30, both will gain +30% ranged and melee damage.

Trust

• Trust is specific to each pair of characters. A and B may have a Trust of 10, but A and C could have a Trust of 20 and B and C could have a Trust of 30.
  • Trust has a minimum of 0 and maximum of 30.
  • Trust between two characters is increased by 1 whenever both are deployed on a stage.
    • It does not matter whether they are deployed singly or in PU; Trust will increase as long as the pair is deployed.
    • Even if one party, or even both, retreat or are shot down, Trust will increase.
    • Even when a character joins only temporarily or appears on one stage, Trust will increase as long as the character appears on the map, even if he is shot down or retreats later in the stage like Lou on stage 12-2.
      • There are exceptions like stage 1's boss, Souta on stage 26B etc.
  • When the cursor is on a friendly unit, flashing blue marks will appear on units that will provide relationship bonuses.
    • The blue mark appears on the selected unit when it has a relationship bonus with another unit it is in a PU with or has combined together with.
  • When Trust is at 0, the blue mark will not appear even if it is possible to have a bonus with that unit.
  • Trust between characters will never decrease. In addition, Trust carries over to subsequent playthroughs.

Criteria for relationship bonuses

Single unit

• Occur when units with such bonuses are placed next to each other.
    • Example: Kira is positioned such that Athrun, Mwu, Murrue and Cagalli are next to him on all four sides. Kira gains five effects: increased melee/ranged damage dealt, decreased melee/ranged damage taken and increased gold.
  • Bonuses from characters in a PU do not occur, even if placed next to each other.

Partner Units

• Only the relationship bonus with the sub-unit/partner will occur.
  • Even if the PU is moved next to another unit that gives usually gives relationship bonuses, the bonus effects will not happen.
    • In addition, even if there is no relationship bonus between the two units in the PU, there is no relationship bonus when moved next to another unit that gives a relationship bonus to the main unit.

Combined units (Godannar TDM, Blade Gainer TDM, Solvirias)

• Corresponds to the above depending on whether the units were originally deployed singly or in a PU.
  • In addition, the relationship bonus with the sub-pilot(s) will take effect.
    • Example: When Goh and Anna combine, melee damage dealt and melee accuracy increase.

Summary

• Single units: Can receive bonuses from multiple other single units, but they have to be next to each other
  • Partner Units: Always receives a relationship bonus (if any) from the sub-unit, but cannot receive bonuses from anything else.
  • Combined units: Dependent on the initial state (single or partnered) of the units involved, but in addition receives bonuses from the sub-pilots all the time.

-Taken off Akurasu from the K section.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's funnier taking into consideration that Nadesico once did a clip show episode. How did they do that? By having the Gekkiganger cast... watch the Nadesico anime. And I'm pretty sure it was while the Nadesico cast were watching the Gekkiganger episode about they watching the Nadesico anime. Recursive fiction, yo!

Truly, Nadesico is zany.😆 And I kinda like that about it.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering Alfimi's love for Kyosuke was in part a byproduct of being a clone of Excellen and the Einst plans of using them like Adam and Eve, it can be a consider a good sign that she is moving on from that engineered love and into one that is more genuine. Good for her.

True. The alien-human hybrid is growing up now when will Latune and Mai both admit defeat to the Valsione?.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Speaking off, it's actually not that uncommon in SRW OGverse? Like, did they had Kuzuha with an unrequited crush on Ryusei before moving on to Bullet? I'll admit I don't remember.

That is the only example I can think of. And yes, it was a simple childhood friend crush for Kusuha but then she saw the light that Ryusei prefers steel not skin.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-I meant what you wrote was in K, and the Original stuff is how I remember it.:

-Taken off Akurasu from the K section.

Aaaah, okay, I get it now. So K did reused the system from R somewhat.

Speaking of the K OG having to choose between two love interests and being up to player choice, best I know, the only other time SRW has done this was, believe it or not, with Macross in Alpha 1. The protagonist, Hikaru, also dealt more or less with a love triangle (well, love triangles are pretty much a Macross staple, as it were). While the anime had him make a choice, Alpha 1 would in fact put it up to player choice, with a similar points system by making certain choices or actions through the game. That said, since it is part of the Alphaverse, then there's still a canon choice for the rest of the games. And naturally, they also go for the actual canon choice of the series. Still, the fact they did it at all is noteworthy. The OGs are one thing, but SRW actually giving you the chance to subvert a canonical relationship? Not the only case, actually.

I think in... L, or one of the 3DS games, they also subverted a canonical relationship. Said relationship happened since the guy's previous girlfriend died, so he moved on. But SRW doesn't kill her, and as such, their relationship simply endures. No forced breakup so the guy still gets together with the second girl.

Truly, Nadesico is zany.😆 And I kinda like that about it.

Hahaha, so true. lol

True. The alien-human hybrid is growing up now when will Latune and Mai both admit defeat to the Valsione?.

Personally, despite my doubts, I really do hope Axel reciprocates. But yeah, it might still take a little while for that if it does happen.

Probably in the next game.

That is the only example I can think of. And yes, it was a simple childhood friend crush for Kusuha but then she saw the light that Ryusei prefers steel not skin.

Not coincidentally, Lune did joined around the time the two groups met.