Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Touching the holograms, I don't think it has been said if anyone has. D-Boy was told not to try punching Inference, it'd do nothing. But dematerializing for the sake of avoiding a hit may not preclude being tactile for voluntary touch. But if Blessfield could touch Regulate...

And indeed, that has also been a thing in Star Trek too, haha.

Well, could be possible. Though come on, let's be reasonable here. He probably instead made it so Applicant could...

Impatient the self-proclaimed Saint is. But he did need footage to loop & remix for Ultium Deus Initium.

Yeah, part that, and part "I want to control how it gets reset".

You know, if Progentior Civilization Es had been the only civilization to survive the old universe, the lore dump wouldn't have been so good. The integration of at least four licenses into this Original plot point of universe cycling, made it much more fascinating.😃

-I'm saying it's a good thing the 12000 years ended up being relevant to something not Original then.😀

Oh yes, it certainly makes it much more interesting that way.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, could be possible. Though come on, let's be reasonable here. He probably instead made it so Applicant could...

Reasonable?! The man went majorly back in time and didn't get to meet any nice Martians who'd send him back to where he belonged. Noooo, he got stuck in a dying world forever separated from the family he loved. Surrounded by hopeless people he had to give hope to, with one helluva deadline approaching. Realized he was stuck in a loop with serious consequences, and had to muster yet more effort to finish the one end of the loop not knowing what future lay beyond the other end. If the man wants three minutes with some light in the shape of his wife, let him relax.

...Why couldn't Blessfield preserve himself? Did he somehow not have life-extension tech?🤔 Mamoru, a baby, must've made it through those end-of-universe dimensional storms no harm done (or did the Sol Masters and Zonder use an ES Window to survive? IDK if that'd work.).

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, part that, and part "I want to control how it gets reset".

Because after destruction, after reset, comes creation. And the power to create is the greatest fun of godhood. A tale as old as ...I don't know, but I've seen that kind of thing more than a few times.😄

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reasonable?! The man went majorly back in time and didn't get to meet any nice Martians who'd send him back to where he belonged. Noooo, he got stuck in a dying world forever separated from the family he loved. Surrounded by hopeless people he had to give hope to, with one helluva deadline approaching. Realized he was stuck in a loop with serious consequences, and had to muster yet more effort to finish the one end of the loop not knowing what future lay beyond the other end. If the man wants three minutes with some light in the shape of his wife, let him relax.

Well, you got me there. lol

...Why couldn't Blessfield preserve himself? Did he somehow not have life-extension tech?🤔 Mamoru, a baby, must've made it through those end-of-universe dimensional storms no harm done (or did the Sol Masters and Zonder use an ES Window to survive? IDK if that'd work.).

I'd assume Applicant is basically his way of preserving himself.

Hmm. Well, that's a non-issue in the original GGG since no dead-and-rebirth-of-the-Universe is involved... I think. But like, if the Boson Jump can let you bypass it, even if when going backwards, then something similar available to the Trinary System, then...

Because after destruction, after reset, comes creation. And the power to create is the greatest fun of godhood. A tale as old as ...I don't know, but I've seen that kind of thing more than a few times.😄

Pretty much.

Okay, Chapter 10 uploaded at last. Only place left to upload is Serenes... but I don't have the time. Will do it first thing in the morning. I'm fine with the delay, not like I know if people actually are reading the story in Serenes or not anyway.

I'm linking this because there's a lot of tea from the translation scene from the old days. The reddit thread's got plenty too, sip and be happy that this stuff is the past.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, time for a new trilogy? Eh, you're fine. May take until 2027-2028 to be in theaters or so.

If this is true, production starts this year, so late 2026 is realistically the earliest.

But more than that it'd seem to be the standalone on Rey that was already announced being put into a trilogy? Just, an odd decision to make.

Never mind that this year alone there's a season of one show and two new shorter shows already. Truly grist for the mill concerns should be addressed. Should.

33 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

He about to become a ninja turtle

I want the Phantom mask dammit.

33 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

nah, but we got a broken nose, a bleeding head, a goalkeeper almost taking a foot to the face, everyone fouling, etc.

And here I thought that was the fan's jobs /s

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's nothing dawg, i've been doing a giga marathon of Doctor Who, from 1963 to current year. I'm currently on Season 15....of 40.

The bruh's more because... do you not remember IX? Much as I find the discourse to be self-replicating toxicity, it's not like there haven't been issues in the stuff I have seen.

Also, yeah damm, that's still pretty far back. You on the 4th or 5th Doctor?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, Chapter 10 uploaded at last. Only place left to upload is Serenes... but I don't have the time. Will do it first thing in the morning. I'm fine with the delay, not like I know if people actually are reading the story in Serenes or not anyway.

Had to go digging to find it.

Will do later because life.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

The bruh's more because... do you not remember IX? Much as I find the discourse to be self-replicating toxicity, it's not like there haven't been issues in the stuff I have seen.

They made movies after the Prequels so I don't think the issues will be...an issue.

Besides, I need post-IX stories. 

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also, yeah damm, that's still pretty far back. You on the 4th or 5th Doctor?

Halfway through 4th yeah.

Admittedly, I haven't watched every episode because some stinkers do exist here and there but also 1st-3rd Doctor era is when six-parters where the norm and even the stories I like....tend to drag. Third Doctor in particular is a GOAT but man I wish his stories were generally paced better.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm linking this because there's a lot of tea from the translation scene from the old days. The reddit thread's got plenty too, sip and be happy that this stuff is the past.

That is so interesting. Just skimmed through it briefly right now but I have to agree with the person, the font used in that 1999 FE3 fanslation is beautiful. I can see how it'd lead to issues when trying to fit more text into the boxes, but it looks so nice.

It's happening.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Besides, I need post-IX stories. 

I mean, I get what you mean there, but it's a shame it's tied to those at the some time.

That and we probably could stand to build a frame to work off of this time round for the trilogy for the time it's set.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Admittedly, I haven't watched every episode because some stinkers do exist here and there but also 1st-3rd Doctor era is when six-parters where the norm and even the stories I like....tend to drag. Third Doctor in particular is a GOAT but man I wish his stories were generally paced better.

Interesting to hear that that's a full on criticism.

Meanwhile, isn't some of the earlier stuff still lost too?

Seems like it was a hardcore-oriented Direct. Not one of those cozy farm + indie ones that everyone takes a jab at.

I'm definitely picky😅, but there was a couple things in here for me. M&L not being dead/remake-confined is nice, and I would say the new LoZ would be worthwhile too. Farmagia... maybe? Need to see the reviews when they happen. I do want Marvelous to do well too ...but where was Project Dragon?🤔 Fantasian (previously exclusive to Apple Arcade) does look very pretty, I've heard they made dozens of IRL dioramas for the game's world, which were all destroyed after the game was finished. It'll come to down to gameplay I think.

-I do think there are those who'd dismiss Zelda getting her own game and it being a top-down cartoony one instead of something "serious" like BotW. Though in my case I think I prefer Zelda when it's top-down ala LoZ1 & ALttP over an OoT-like. Seems more puzzle-oriented than combat, which befits the living paragon of Wisdom, but for some might be another sign "Zelda isn't getting the full-fledged not-spinoff game she deserves". Although again, for me it's fine.

One absence I noticed- Sega/Atlus. Nothing at all. Well, that means I can carefree play EO Nexus once I'm done with SRWW.

-BTW, the "Metroids" in the Metroid Prime 4 trailer I could tell weren't Metroids. Single nuclei they looked to me, which means they're Mochtroids, the much-inferior, fake Metroids the Space Pirates artificially created that you could find a few of in Super Metroid.

For me:

M&L

Zelda

Phantom Brave

Romancing Saga

Mario Party

Prime 4

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

getting her own game and it being a top-down cartoony one instead of something "serious" like BotW

i think this might be Nintendo testing the grounds for a full 3D LoZ game with playable Zelda

Said my piece over in the thread, I mean, Echoes of Wisdom is neat.

Once again, the remake eludes us. It's wild that it could be fake despite being part of the Engage leak, but one has to wonder.

1 minute ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ninja turtle memes incoming

Is this just a thing with Mbappé?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not one of those cozy farm + indie ones that everyone takes a jab at.

Still multiple of those. 😛

-I do think there are those who'd dismiss Zelda getting her own game and it being a top-down cartoony one instead of something "serious" like BotW. Though in my case I think I prefer Zelda when it's top-down ala LoZ1 & ALttP over an OoT-like. Seems more puzzle-oriented than combat, which befits the living paragon of Wisdom, but for some might be another sign "Zelda isn't getting the full-fledged not-spinoff game she deserves". Although again, for me it's fine.

I'll admit I'm not fond of using it for a new game, but it still looks like the game will be cool. They clearly want to differentiate what Zelda would do as opposed to Link, so it makes sense.

-BTW, the "Metroids" in the Metroid Prime 4 trailer I could tell weren't Metroids. Single nuclei they looked to me, which means they're Mochtroids, the much-inferior, fake Metroids the Space Pirates artificially created that you could find a few of in Super Metroid.

That makes sense off the timeline and what they're capable of I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Phantom Brave

Okay I need context for this.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is this just a thing with Mbappé?

There's a meme with him being a turtle or something

Add a mask and..

Okay I need context for this.

Trailer looked cool

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Romancing Saga

I've never played a game in the SaGa franchise, but I know they're an acquired taste. Both in story structuring and gameplay alike.

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Phantom Brave

The original game's premise from what I'm aware of it sounds like it could be up your alley. Orphaned girl who can see ghosts that is ostracized by society.

However! I've never played Phantom Brave, because I know NIS games can be very intentionally grindy. The original PB was a 2004 PS2 game though, so maybe NIS will have ditched some of the grind in the two decades since then? IDK.

They clearly want to differentiate what Zelda would do as opposed to Link, so it makes sense.

Yeah, I get them not wanting to make Zelda "Link, but female" they have Linkle for that. Which might be what demanding-yet-uncreative fans want?

The original game's premise from what I'm aware of it sounds like it could be up your alley

I did try the demo of the OG game - was not a fan of the gameplay. This however looks quite different and more fun

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never played a game in the SaGa franchis

same. Looks cool tho

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I get them not wanting to make Zelda "Link, but female" they have Linkle for that. Which might be what demanding-yet-uncreative fans want?

Hopefully they don't bow to that.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hopefully they don't bow to that.

It would be literal equality if Zelda played exactly the same as Link. And what's wrong with that? -So the argument would go.

Although, if we were to get an OoT/"console"/behind-the-back Legend of Zelda game with playable dual protagonists. Then I'd hope Nintendo would keep some form of serious gameplay differentiation between Link and Zelda. In the pre-BotW days, I could've imagined this as being Link the Tool Master and Zelda the Magic Queen.

7 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

same. Looks cool tho

From what I'm aware, SaGa has been getting a lot of love from Square lately, despite being niche even within the confines of JRPGs. And despite Square wanting to do stupid AAA 8 quadrillion-seller games cutting out the "AA junk" corporately right now. Much of this is likely owed to Akitoshi Kawazu, the founder of the SaGa franchise, still working there and being well-respected as a venerated elder (age 61). Although, his likings for a lack of convention are why the SaGa franchise is still niche.

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Is it me, or does MP4 have Monolith all over it?

B/c they're using it to develop assets that'll be reused in XCX2.😛

The verdant area shown at the end reminded me first of the Tallon Overworld landing site in the first Metroid Prime ...and then as the camera pulled away, "upper" Noctilum in XCX -minus that big tree.