Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Scenario 54 ...Not yet finished.๐Ÿ˜†:

Spoiler

Something was odd that not even a single battleship was mandatory in the upcoming battle.๐Ÿ˜

The Database has begun its annihilation of Earth. And instead of merely watching Earth NPCs fend off these waves, I get to play a little battle of them doing that. But instead of faceless characters, I get a bunch of pilots from SEED and ASTRAY, including Yzak who wouldn't be here had I recruited him. This is different, I like it.๐Ÿ˜€ And Mina in her twin brother's Astray Gold Frame "Amatsu" is the biggest delight, I wish I got to keep that. The gray color, the head, the attachments on the back, it reminds me of Rapiecage, Mina even vaguely in demeanor and appearance reminds me of Ouka. If ASTRAY ever returned, make her permanently playable.

Worrisome is hearing that Neue Warter vanished after the Sol Masters & Evoluted battle.๐Ÿ˜ฎ ...But only until I win this opening battle.๐Ÿ˜†. Then the Nadesico C warps in with a Gravity Blast to obliterate the next wave of Database reinforcements. The date is logged after this as Feb 13th, the prior scenario had the date logged as the 1st. It is stated multiple short-range Boson Jumps were necessary due to the damages taken during the prior scenario. Oh, the Zorma survived, only its Antimatter Cannon was stopped and Zoa slain. Lady Mhiku is withdrawing with the Zorma, the Evoluted have peaced out.โ˜ฎ๏ธ

Finding where the Database has been attacking from over these past ten days, they've already destroyed all major Alliance bases, is very difficult. Papillon in a slight diversion from this topic, dies since she is a Replian, and tries getting Kazuma to soften his heart again on Applicant, which Aria also does (she knocked before entering his room this time). Kazuma maintains to a degree a "who he was then isn't who he is now" stance. Tessa shows up and says Whispered Resonance with Kaname, risking both their lives, got the intel on where the Database is- Pluto. That waaaaaaaaay earlier talk of the now-forgotten planet was fore-shadow-ing!๐Ÿ˜›ย Since that sector of space is so far out, nobody bothered looking there. ...Though why is Pluto given a minor planet ID number somewhere in like the hundreds of thousands? -It's literally right in our Solar System!๐Ÿ˜

At the Database, Kaname is woken up by Critic, whom she immediately accuses of manipulating Inference. ...Maybe my baseless speculation before was dead-on after all.๐Ÿ˜† Applicant insists he's a neutral observer when asked by Kaname why he their their creator and Blessfield's copy is going along with this. -Then word arrives Neue Warter is warping in, Inference is utterly flabbergasted. Twice here, Critic convinces Inference to change his mind. Inference says they've still 1.47% (I'm rounding, if I even got the decimals right) to go before the recording of Earthling civilization is complete, Critic calls it a useless 1.47% and to destroy Earth now (Resonance obviously is in that missing 1%๐Ÿ˜). The other instance is on who to send out- Inference says Applicant, Critic advises him to send out others instead. Adds fuel to the possible fire that Critic was the first persona to get corrupted.

On the battlefield, Regulate explains what they're seeing -a mobile mini-planet like Zorma before and the Neviim from my first SRW- is the recording plant itself. It's got all the knowledge that has been recorded, it's got automated weapon plants, and it has Scientia's Heart, where Inference and Critic are stored. ...Has Regulate transferred herself off it? If she didn't, how would Inference have not re-deleted her by now? Or does "mom" have to die at the end?๐Ÿค”

Sincline in his Galran battleship yet again is the first wave of Database defenders. He feels like an afterthought, I doubt he'll do anything to impress me. Dai Bazaal was likely the last stand of the Galran Empire in a glorious pitched battle where they stood a chance of success. Setting aside the Database for a moment, Sincline is in more of a Constantinople, 1453 situation, SOL.

...I stopped here. Not because of Sincline, but because of what happened inside the Database. Creuset is one thing, but Dr. Frikkin' Hell is still alive!?!?!๐Ÿคฏย I simply couldn't continue with this Weapon of Mass WTF dropped on me.

Plus, this is the first half of the final battle, I feel like now is the time to spend all my money. I'll do that and replay the ZAFT-Alliance vs. Database skirmish, that won't take long. ...But not right this second, my brain is still unable to comprehend why W has brought back a mad doctor who perished back in the first half.๐Ÿ˜ตย This is hitting me like Le Caine's two surreal returns. (-And has Leonard chosen the Golden Sun Alex route of never fighting, ever? But how he gonna get caught to cleanse the world entirely of evil for a perfectly happy ending?๐Ÿคจ)

ย 

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, it can happen I guess, heh. Would have to look up if there is any actual connection or not.

Doesn't look like any corporate connection at all. And Detonator Orgun actually released about a half-year before Tekkaman Blade. Coincidental contemporaries then they be.

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though its worth pointing out that is not uncommon to happen in SRW. Sometimes you do have lone wolf factions, and in similar context like the Radam.

That is fine, and I get it. The Einst ofc were of a similar nature (though their parallel world versions were what drove Shadow-Mirror to the OGverse primary world). Neither Dr. Hell nor the Dinosaurs didn't get along with anybody in GC either.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But instead of faceless characters, I get a bunch of pilots from SEED and ASTRAY, including Yzak who wouldn't be here had I recruited him. This is different, I like it.๐Ÿ˜€

This gives me "Magus plans to attack the Aegis Project facilities" vibes. Though that one it wasn't playable. Good thing, since it wasn't a stellar line-up for the most part (the likes of Rai, Aya, Irm, Levi, Henken from Zeta Gundam, and Gomez from Victory; outside Aya still having the R-3 Powered, the other OG's only had like, Gespensts, pft). XD

That waaaaaaaaay earlier talk of the now-forgotten planet was fore-shadow-ing!๐Ÿ˜›ย Since that sector of space is so far out, nobody bothered looking there. ...Though why is Pluto given a minor planet ID number somewhere in like the hundreds of thousands? -It's literally right in our Solar System!๐Ÿ˜

Asteroids also count for this, and, well... *points to Asteroid Belt*

...Has Regulate transferred herself off it? If she didn't, how would Inference have not re-deleted her by now? Or does "mom" have to die at the end?๐Ÿค”

Considering it already happened once, I'd think she did to avoid it happening again.

Sincline in his Galran battleship yet again is the first wave of Database defenders. He feels like an afterthought, I doubt he'll do anything to impress me. Dai Bazaal was likely the last stand of the Galran Empireย in a glorious pitched battle where they stood a chance of success. Setting aside the Database for a moment, Sincline is in more of a Constantinople, 1453 situation, SOL.

For a more apt comparison. It's like Oreana from Combattle being amongst the Balmary in the very final map of Alpha 1. Though at least she still had some Garuda clones to help out.

I'd like to point out that in GoLion, there's no "final" battle with Sincline. He dies off his mech. So SRW is giving him a proper final stand.

...I stopped here. Not because of Sincline, but because of what happened inside the Database. Creuset is one thing, but Dr. Frikkin' Hell is still alive!?!?!๐Ÿคฏย I simply couldn't continue with this Weapon of Mass WTF dropped on me.

Hey, if they could bring back the Z Master...

Though as you saw in 30, Dr. Hell is capable of coming back from the dead.

But not right this second, my brain is still unable to comprehend why W has brought back a mad doctor who perished back in the first half.๐Ÿ˜ตย This is hitting me like Le Caine's two surreal returns. (-And has Leonard chosen the Golden Sun Alex route of never fighting, ever? But how he gonna get caught to cleanse the world entirely of evil for a perfectly happy ending?๐Ÿคจ)

Hahaha, yeah, SRW sometimes also does this.

Hmm... now I'm wondering what differentiates the Light Novels from The Second Raid. Or, maybe since the Light Novels are not covered, but SRW does not go the route of killing him prematurely like it happens in some cases? Or it's like Kusakabe in A where his plans get disrupted so now he's a non-issue? Hmm...

Doesn't look like any corporate connection at all. And Detonator Orgun actually released about a half-year before Tekkaman Blade. Coincidental contemporaries then they be.

Ah, I see.

That is fine, and I get it. The Einst ofc were of a similar nature (though their parallel world versions were what drove Shadow-Mirror to the OGverse primary world). Neither Dr. Hell nor the Dinosaurs didn't get along with anybody in GC either.

It's a downside in lack of possible interactions, but sometimes, there's also some sense. More so for beings like the Radam. Or the STMC from Gunbuster. Or the Invaders from Getter Robo Armageddon. And so on.

Scenario 54 finished...

Spoiler

18 deployment slots here. The only mandatory battleship was Nadesico C. I spent all but 500k of my funds beforehand, on pretty much all totally unnecessary non-weapon upgrades on Supers.๐Ÿ˜† I expect I'll have over 1 million extra funds going into NG+ between the final battle and all the parts that'll be sold, but I can always check the Clear Data file to see what value I shouldn't spend below (tapping into those NG+ funds) if I want to play pseudo-fresh for the Real run.

Sincline deploys in his Galran Battleship with two others and the last of the Beastmen. They aren't numerous, so they're quickly cleaned out. When Sincline is fought once, Honerva (she hasn't been seen in a while) turns out to be aboard his ship. She has discovered Dai Bazaal was overthrown by Sincline and blames the state of the Galra Empire -crumbling as the Leo Union far away has found out says the GoLion crew. Sincline says Dai Bazaal chose to die an honorable death, Honerva utters the dreaded "...". When Sincline is defeated, Honerva uses magic to trap him, explaining that Dai Bazaal was her son, and furthermore that being the son of an Altean woman makes Sincline undeserving of the Galran throne, an accusation he rejects. While the GoLion team thinks Sincline went down with his ship as Honerva had intended, he emerges in a copy or something of the same Beastman Galra (~115k HP) that Dai Bazaal used.

It's at this time that Dr. Hell and Creuset reveal their survivals. Dr. Hell is aboard Hell King Gordon (though it's still Ashura), and Creuset has his Providence Gundam. Dr. Hell had been feeding the Database information about the Earth the entire time, and was promised that he could travel the universe with the Recorders, as the mad doctor craves all the knowledge in the world for himself. Amalgam's Whispered (has Teletha not told the everyone else it's Leonard her brother?) is then said to said there was somebody else working with the Database (must've been on a route split I didn't pick). The Database somehow detected the darkness in Creuset's heart and rescued him from GENESIS (a survival excuse less feasible to me), and having failed to manipulate humanity into destroying itself, Creuset shall have to take it into his own hands.

Creuset & Hell bring a bunch of unmanned Real (-FMP, +Orgun and Blade) series minions with them, oddly, all built inside the recording plant. And only one copy of each unit. The objective changes to defeating all three big bads. I begin with Creuset b/c DRAGOON has MAP, 90k HP on him (to a Final Dynamic Special in the absence of fielding Kira or Prayer (if they're related)). The second to fall is the weakest of the bunch- Hell King Gordon, with a wimpy 65k HP, to another FDS. After this, Applicant arrives and the objective changes to killing him. That sounds like I could actually leave Sincline alive, but I don't.๐Ÿ˜›ย The Five Gemlions that comprise the Binding Robot swing the Ten Kings' Falchion and so Hardin is slain! -But not without Inference giving him a last call, because why not insult the selfish all-bark coward who sold out his liege?๐Ÿ˜ Inference says he hoped to learn about fathers and sons from him, but oh well. As Sincline curses his fate, the Ardygun family Aria include question why Inference would be interested in that knowledge.

Oh yes, Applicant. No Arm Stora Finis here. He has brought out his counter to the Valzacard- the ValArm, made with tech from all civilizations. Kazuma is asked about Papillon's last request to try talking with Applicant, Kazuma says his old man and he need to talk with their fists. Valarm has 90k HP, no MAP, but every attack has a debuff, the strongest having both the Combo property and an Attack debuff, also Double Action on Applicant himself. He sits on the HP/EN/Def/Evade-providing Database Fortress, but is willing to move off it, but I didn't need to make him do that, reserved plenty of SP from the earlier fights. He also brought out the same Real pawns that Hell and Creuset had, with the same one-each restriction.

On getting through about half his HP, Applicant speaks to Kazuma again, but he doesn't do anything like Guts or other Spirits. On defeating Applicant, his mask comes off, and everything starts getting emotional. Kazuma realizes that his father had intended to have Valzacard defeat the Database, but Kazuma made it sound like Applicant specifically came up with a backup plan- recording Earthling civilization, having its memories endure in the Database, would suffice as the "preservation" of Earth if Valzacard failed to save the world. Applicant doesn't try to excuse his sins of having others destroy civilizations they were done recording or doing it himself. Applicant speaks kindly to Aria and apologizes for saying he would dispose of her, while the heroes try getting Applicant to join them now. He is too stubborn for that and dies, but not before disabling the Guard System that makes infiltration of the Recording Plant impossible. A tragic moment marking the end of the man who both was (his last words are the favorite saying of his original) and wasn't Blessfield Ardygun.

Inside the Database, Inference bursts into tears. Applicant is dead! Critic remains stoic however, and goes to fight off the invaders. Kaname speaks with Inference, and concludes he came to see Applicant, the copy of his creator, as a father. Daddy issues ahoy!๐Ÿ˜€ย Recording was Inference's way of trying to appease his now deceased-yet-copied father. Kaname is the one who makes Inference realize that over the millennia of recording, he developed a human heart and emotions. She too claims that Critic is manipulating Inference, and doesn't exactly spell it out, but in a more roundabout way says Critic has developed an evil human heart. Inference leaves, telling Kaname that his job is to record, and that there are those he needs to stop. -I forget Inference's last words exactly, but it was teasingly ambiguous enough to suggest he might attack Critic instead of Neue Warter ...but then why would his unit back in 27 the end of W Part One have been shown during a scripted battle as having 200k HP?.

...Comes off as strange to have Kaname still in Database captivity. I would've thought the very final battle would've had everything unOriginal settled beforehand. ...Though that curious mandatory True RahXephon deployment in MX's final fight translation when? tells me that that isn't always the case.

To end this tonight, or tomorrow? ...Between the battle and the writeup here, I think I could be done by 2 in the morning?๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Asteroids also count for this, and, well... *points to Asteroid Belt*

I wasn't aware of that.๐Ÿ˜…ย 

...They actually copied the IRL Minor-Planet Designation- 134340!๐Ÿ˜†

This gives me "Magus plans to attack the Aegis Project facilities" vibes. Though that one it wasn't playable. Good thing, since it wasn't a stellar line-up for the most part (the likes of Rai, Aya, Irm, Levi, Henken from Zeta Gundam, and Gomez from Victory; outside Aya still having the R-3 Powered, the other OG's only had like, Gespensts, pft). XD

The R-2 I presume had its Tronium engine being used for powering the Aegis Project thingy?

...W's playable little skirmish before the penultimate battle ain't bad at all. For one, according to Akurasu, everyone but Yzak conveniently copies upgrades from the Valzacard, weird though that may sound. And surely you've put a lot of upgrades in the Original unit by the endgame. Yes, there's a rather weak customized M1 Astray among the eight, and three custom GINNs too, but only one of those GINNs is lacking. Everyone has Focus for hitting/evading, Support Attack & Defend, and there is asteroid terrain placed where the fighting will happen. Lastly, you only need to destroy the Arm Arcus Finis to conclude this narrative-atmosphere-developing mini-clash too, not that it's a challenge at all destroying the rest.

Now doing that with only mass production Gespies? ...Yeah no.๐Ÿ‘Ž Not unless they were Shadow-Mirror quality or put through the Halloween Project.

Hey, if they could bring back the Z Master...

Veeerry true.๐Ÿ˜…ย I didn't like seeing Big Ugly somehow again, but I did enjoy seeing how easily I cut through 'em without The Power as a cheat that second time.๐Ÿ˜„

Though as you saw in 30, Dr. Hell is capable of coming back from the dead.

I couldn't remember if he was resurrected, or if that was a parallel dimension Dr. Hell. I think the Baron and Brocken in their last appearance in 30 were parallels?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I did say I wanted to get my thoughts on Engage out there.

It's been a while though, so in the Spoilers they go! It's also meandering and you can probably argue about everything in it. Discourse!

Spoiler

FE Engage is a game.

Yes that is a true statement, but I feel this applies more than to most FEs for me because that is a significant appeal for me with Engage. This game has issues in other aspects, but let's try and go over it, including the DLC.

The core gameplay has much going for it, but at the same time quite a bit of the new stuff could have been more impactful. I think traits are definitely in the right direction, giving potential for utility, though we could muse on how you make this work and allow for more movement variety (which is heresy for those who like the movement balance in this game, which, fair). Break is a real nice addition in concept that sadly drops in prominence as time goes by, partly with increased 1-rounding and partly because the opportunities lessen by what you face and what you're likely to use. Emblems are kinda all over the place in Balance; just an example Master Lance makes Leif hard to argue for actually raising or using, while Eirika Emblem is I think overpowered and meta defining to a degree due to defence reduction. And that's not even getting into skill inheritance! I am not doing that today. Revival stones are also a positive, even if they're akin with 3H's lifebars they aren't as ridiculous as SS Rhea is all I'm saying.

As for more universally comparable stuff, class variety kinda sucks imo. some types have few if any class options and I argue Qi Adept and Covert needed a class more each, ignoring the DLC which gave an armour that has accuracy issues out the wazoo and a Qi Adept that just laughs at the game. Map design is at times pretty dang good (People loved 11 at the time for a reason folks), at others pretty exploitable (See: Being able to trap and 1-turn Griss in the right circumstances). And then there's the skirmishes, which are imo rough. All enemies move, fog of war is kept and all other elements can be used by enemies. That's bad if you wanted to raise the units that have fallen behind, never mind money grind postgame if you want that. I'll admit I haven't cleared Maddening at this point, so maybe I'd feel more frustrated by the end of that or acknowledge other cool things I didn't quite take in then.

The out of combat stuff Is in the right direction away from 3H, for reasons as varied as simplification of exploration in size and avenues to move around it (and the Somniel being straight up Dream Weavers home world), the arena giving a sort of Bexp for players to work with and an avenue to raise bond rank, forging being less convoluted for rarer weapons than 3H, the Amiibo Gazebo being not fucking massive imbalance and even the diversions they tie to the lords being pretty decent if not massive for the player. Also, the fishing is actually more than button press and that clears 3H. Negatives? Let's be honest, I think the Donations system is kinda dissonant and the reward for a player is very vague especially for blind players, you just don't get the same depth of conversation there that could occur in 3H (which, yeah, wasn't the greatest ever at that but still had it's moments), the Bond Fragments are something that you really have to force to engage with to be effective and the SP drought for people playing without DLC before the well was real. As for personal grief, the loss of FPS zoom as an actual option is unfortunate, though there's ways to do so with mixed results.

Graphically, the game's much improved over 3H. Pikazo's style is mainly an issue of taste IMO (Why yes, Alear's heels are fucked), but hey the monster designs are a step in the right direction, especially Sombron and the wolves. Animations are the best the series has had for a good while, generics are pretty good from what I recall, boss designs could be more but that would require IS to expand on that and there's reasons to expect otherwise. The main criticisms I can give are sometimes the areas that the game allows you to explore after battle can become a bit monotonous and there's still some chug, though I only saw it in Chapters 25 and 26, mainly 25.

The cast of this game is not exactly impressing on me. I wouldn't say I dislike most any of the player cast, but they do pretty much all fall into cliche in some form, even the older units. Enemy wise, yeah they kinda suck. Having so many recurring enemies because of game design limitations has the consequence of falling for hitting a masochist repeatedly, which we probably need to talk about how that's enabling and messed up. Four Winds ain't much better either and you end up with them. But coming back to player units, Alear is someone who probably would have been too much if they'd followed through with the cowardice that Nintendo supposedly asked them to tone down on, the other lords kinda drop in prominence sharpish and Veyle probably could have liked more time as a protagonist. Also, RIP the Emblems' dignity with the polishing minigame. Sommie is the god of Elyos and the best buddy, 100/10 would solo with if I could.

Musically, I would probably rank it in A tier, solid work that nevertheless isn't quite on Fates's level and Awakening is hard bias enough for me to argue in favour of it over Engage. It's a shame maps are back to PP/EP, mostly because the themes there were kinda eh and the Elusian one and the Arena one (for Emblem paralogues) got used a bunch on EP. But I do much prefer the in combat stuff here than in 3H (Thunder God Shattering Star was a travesty) and the Emblem remixes? The Final Holy War and Leif's paralogue one (that's long enough to write out. :)) are just beautiful, S tier tracks imo. Support music are about as you'd expect from modern FE as well.

....But then we get to story. And regardless of any of the discourse about the theming, , how much they wring out of character deaths or the issues of it's recurring villains, this game was coming across as a comedy to me. I expected it from early on and was rewarded for not taking Chapter 22 seriously, alongside other parts throughout (Chapter 10's ending sent me with the dutch angles). Sombron is ridiculous, underdeveloped and delulu, but still ain't fucking Anankos bad to me (for those who don't know, Fuck Anankos is a hill I die on). Eveyle is of course silly, and I think it a missed chance to have her split personality be actually another sibling who was very much Sombron's faithful and was tied to Veyle to keep being able to act for him and be also frustrated because she has to deal with Veyle's powerset instead of what she could do (and be more proof of the abusive dynamic under Sombron because he doesn't actually care for this spawn). And let's not go into Lumera and the 6 minutes of death cutscenes. The world as a whole ends up feeling empty, which I don't feel Fodlan was even ignoring lore peppered around Garreg Mach. Ultimately, I will not mourn not seeing Alear et al. again. As for the DLC, Bruh. The plot is pretty ridiculous, the stakes are completely undermined and the climactic action hinged on an assertion that doesn't make much of any sense to me. To be fair, I was expecting mind control on Nel as well, but thankfully no.

I will also note the potential theme that is probably not intentional: nostalgia and how one engages with it. Sombron could straight up be said to be poisoned by nostalgia, with his obsession with meeting Zero Emblem and being disconnected to everything else, which makes him pathetic. It rings..... poorly with the focus on the Emblems at the same time, so I think that's me interpreting it. It would also suggest the player being right to relinquish the past, which is a bit awkward if that was in any way intended.

But I've been pretty negative overall and I don't think it's fair. Let's mention how they handle Morion after corruption, the cozy vibe of the Somniel at I never really laid out or some of the map exploration segments feeling pretty decent for interacting briefly like SoV fully realised. There are little things Engage does well and I think they took the right direction in gameplay overall, but I could at least lose the emblem's ties to progression. Allow the series to evolve from here, move on and let the past inform but not twist the next new game. RIP Engage's online by the way, Fates's worked partly because it wasn't paywalled, but also because the layout was more involved (being able to choose the base map) and Relay Trials were A CHOICE.

As for some other tidbits for outside the review:

All the Emblems T-Pose, all intentionally shown. Pfft. I caught most of them in my playthrough, could upload because I couldn't ignore it.

On Zero Emblem, sheesh on it likely being an alternate Alear who was a loner? Fans the real MVPs with Anri/Kaga answers, because the only reason it can't be Sommie is because Sommie is the god of this world. I'll point out the Sommie nutters in the thread though:

It's mad that this glitch wasn't caught or fixed early on either:

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, Engage delayed but eventually released was one thing due to anniversary game, but if there is really is a missing FE18, I would not be surprised if the Pandemic is why it never saw the light of day. Though it means then it would've had a 2020 release, to Engage's original 2021? With Three Houses releasing in 2019, that would've meant a yearly release of games? But Engage was also delayed due to Three Hopes, though I guess in 2020 it would not have been a concern if Hopes was not as close to completion I suppose.

Alternatively, they labeled Engage as FE19 just to troll people into thinking there's a missing game.

The modern Illusive Wii game?

Maybe so on the choice to shelve it, but I guess we don't know. Yet.

30 minutes ago, The Envoy of the Beginning said:

Lookie!!

ย  Reveal hidden contents

0620241456.jpg

0620241456a.jpg

Got them at MomoCon last month.

Nice enough.

Hello by the way.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

While the GoLion team thinks Sincline went down with his ship as Honerva had intended, he emerges in a copy or something of the same Beastman Galra (~115k HP) that Dai Bazaal used.

As I mentioned before, this is not how he goes down in the anime. Often SRW is like that, making some villains die by being actually fought.

Creuset & Hell bring a bunch of unmanned Real (-FMP, +Orgun and Blade) series minions with them, oddly, all built inside the recording plant.

Ah, the usual "OG faction uses licensed mechs but as such they're AI controlled" trick.

As Sincline curses his fate, the Ardygun family Aria include question why Inference would be interested in that knowledge.

In the anime, Sinclain is just shot... or pushed off a tall tower? Can't recall, but he definitely died outside a mech. The deed was done by Shirognae's twin, who never shows up in this game.

A tragic moment marking the end of the man who both was (his last words are the favorite saying of his original) and wasn't Blessfield Ardygun.

Leave it to W to live up to its name by killing him twice. In a matter of speaking.

...Comes off as strange to have Kaname still in Database captivity. I would've thought the very final battle would've had everything unOriginal settled beforehand. ...Though that curious mandatory True RahXephon deployment in MX's final fight translation when? tells me that that isn't always the case.

It happens. Not every SRW final battle is pure OG stuff. As early as 2, where you had ZZ baddies (Rakan and Keyla) in the final map with Bian and Shu.

To end this tonight, or tomorrow? ...Between the battle and the writeup here, I think I could be done by 2 in the morning?๐Ÿ˜†

Perhaps tomorrow. No use enjoying the ending if you're lacking in sleep!

I wasn't aware of that.๐Ÿ˜…ย 

...They actually copied the IRL Minor-Planet Designation- 134340!๐Ÿ˜†

Game came out in 2007. Pluto got demoted in 2006. I have the feeling using Pluto was done on purpose. XD

The R-2 I presume had its Tronium engine being used for powering the Aegis Project thingy?

The R Machines were being set for dismantling, I believe. Ryusei uses a Gespy/Hucky/Grungy (SR dependent) before the Bad Future, and during it his R-1 Custom comes from cobbling together a bunch of parts from a Mountain Cycle (from Turn A Gundam).

I don't think the Tronium engine was used for Aegis, as it were.

Now doing that with only mass production Gespies? ...Yeah no.๐Ÿ‘Ž Not unless they were Shadow-Mirror quality or put through the Halloween Project.

Specially against Bergelmirs, pft.

I couldn't remember if he was resurrected, or if that was a parallel dimension Dr. Hell. I think the Baron and Brocken in their last appearance in 30 were parallels?

ย 

Don't recall. Either way, Ashura and Brocken were already revived corpses to begin with, so...

"I need to chair this meeting"

"As in keep it running smoothly right Zelda?"

Zelda moves to go into the room

".....Right?"

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

hzo7vmakis7d1.jpeg

Scenes when Albania and Croatia kick out Italy in the group phase

Italy shipping 3 goals to Croatia confirmed? Italy sill at risk on that alone

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In the anime, Sinclain is just shot... or pushed off a tall tower? Can't recall, but he definitely died outside a mech. The deed was done by Shirognae's twin, who never shows up in this game.

...The writers loved the man they murdered that much?๐Ÿคฃ

The "Honerva tries getting Sincline to go down with the ship" thing reads like a better end. -At least according to W's interpretation of Sincline.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Leave it to W to live up to its name by killing him twice. In a matter of speaking.

On almost the same day a year later as his first death.๐Ÿ—“๏ธ

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It happens. Not every SRW final battle is pure OG stuff. As early as 2, where you had ZZ baddies (Rakan and Keyla) in the final map with Bian and Shu.

Fair point. -Unless one discounts 2 as "early franchise weirdness". Though MX certainly comes too late to say that for that.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Game came out in 2007. Pluto got demoted in 2006. I have the feeling using Pluto was done on purpose. XD

Somebody at Banpresto was ornery about the change.๐Ÿ˜›

As a final stage -well, it's inside the recording plant, but it's next to Pluto- I doubt SRW has done it before or since.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Italy shipping 3 goals to Croatia confirmed? Italy sill at risk on that alone

They don't need even need to ship 3 Goals xD

Albania and Croatia winning would put Italy in last place lol.

Now, Albania is facing Spain true, but Spain is already Group leader 100%, nothing will change that, so they will most likely rest their best for Ro16

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...The writers loved the man they murdered that much?๐Ÿคฃ

The "Honerva tries getting Sincline to go down with the ship" thing reads like a better end. -At least according to W's interpretation of Sincline.

Yeah, pretty much. Also good for the twin since it was a double-murder. Yeah, not even the twin survives.

Fair point. -Unless one discounts 2 as "early franchise weirdness". Though MX certainly comes too late to say that for that.

I suppose. Though admittedly I can't remember another case past the 1990's.

Somebody at Banpresto was ornery about the change.๐Ÿ˜›

As a final stage -well, it's inside the recording plant, but it's next to Pluto- I doubt SRW has done it before or since.

Yeah. Stages with Pluto have appeared. V even has a map ON the planet surface. But the setting for a final fight? I think only W.

I miss Persona 3 Reload

On 6/19/2024 at 5:33 AM, Dayni said:

Well, it's not even been a week. Thank you regardless

Sheesh, it's not even been a week.

Oh yeah, welcome back man

anime-hug.gif

On 6/19/2024 at 6:09 PM, Codename Shrimp said:

Hungary is most likely out. With their goal difference of -4 they need to not only win big against Scotland, but also rely on other groups. Will be hard.

I'll be rooting for my Hungarian Gerrard

collage-maker-02-jul-2023-12-38-pm-6201.

On 6/19/2024 at 1:06 AM, Armagon said:

The most interesting part of Fairy Tail is that compared to most contemporary battle shounen, Fairy Tail actually makes it's female cast relevant. Most female characters end up having their own arcs, to the point that you could even argue the main character isn't the traditional meathead shounen brawler but the tactical summoner lady.

The relevance in question: fanservice

Seen+Enough.png

250?cb=20190630230441

It's funny to think that Sylux has been built up as a villain for almost 20 years now, but won't actually get to be the main threat until Prime 4 releases. I wonder what plans they have in store for him.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:03 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Metroids are canonically an artificial species let us not forget, the Chozos' anti-X Parasite weapon. (...If memory serves.๐Ÿ˜…ย ) Yes the Chozo were really smart, but if you try enough, eventually you ought to be able to create something close enough to a real Chozodian Metroid.

The idea that someone can make something even more dangerous than the Metroids could be a good premise for a post-Dread game.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:12 PM, Armagon said:

I hope not cause that part of the timeline is too packed.

Mostly exterminating the titular species in the second game caused some unforeseen issues, clearly. Maybe Prime 4 could fit between Other M and Fusion depending on how they do things.

On 6/18/2024 at 11:08 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Got a random though. Think they could get Zelda Williams to do a commercial...?

They did that for Ocarina of Time 3D. She dressed as Tingle for Halloween once.

On 6/19/2024 at 5:51 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

In the same direct they pretty much confirmed FE4 remake isn't happening, at least not on the Switch, and brought Edgeworth's entire circus to the west (officially) after 10 years.

The meme has never been more relevant.

It's pretty surreal that Investigations 2 is getting an English release after all this time, it took longer to localize than any Trails game even. Not to mention that the entire non-crossover series is now playable on modern hardware.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

I need to warn us: Darth Jar Jar is now a physical thing.

Fear has won. Anger has conquered. Hate has triumphed. Suffering is default.

(Also, life goes on anyways but shush)

Finally, George Lucas's ambition has been realized.

How does he fit into the Rule of Two? Simple, Jar Jar is Sith Zero and has been manipulating the galaxy since the dawn of time.

ย 

>Deadpool gets cucked

>One of the writers is Zeb Wells

3 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

The relevance in question: fanservice

Mashima's a horny bastard for sure but my point was moreso the female characters actually get to regularly do things past their introductory arc. A common criticism i hear of One Piece, Naruto, etc is that the women just kinda sit there after their first arc while the men get to do everything.ย 

Legit if Mashima wasn't such a horny bastard, i think that aspect of Fairy Tail would've been looked at more.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe Prime 4 could fit between Other M and Fusion depending on how they do things.

Prime 4 takes place in 20X9. Samus Returns takes place in 20X5 and Super takes place immediately after.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, pretty much. Also good for the twin since it was a double-murder. Yeah, not even the twin survives.

Flowers shall be placed on his grave by the surviving triplet.๐Ÿ’

Yeah. Stages with Pluto have appeared. V even has a map ON the planet surface. But the setting for a final fight? I think only W.

Wasn't thinking that'd be the case, given it's on the fringe of the Solar System so far from Earth. Would take a while to get back without FTL travel.

Perhaps tomorrow. No use enjoying the ending if you're lacking in sleep!

It's going to be tomorrow. ...Tonight, I've been jotting down some plans/things to keep in mind for the NG+ Real run.๐Ÿ˜†ย Because my eyes are bigger than my stomach, and my brain knows this.๐Ÿง ย So instead of getting indigestion by immediately leaping into NG+ when do I finish this, I'll have done some planning for the second playthrough instead. ...Which won't happen until next year.๐Ÿ˜…

Spoiler

...The Real run is going to be a tale of two halves -no, three thirds. The first half will be Wings, Slaves, and Aesti, the last 13 will be great for SEED and ASTRAY, and an awkward post-27, pre-42 midsection. Favorites will go Wing-Full Metal Panic!-Nadesico for the first half (purely for cash, not extra upgrade slots), Full Metal Panic!-SEED-ASTRAY for the second.

Strike Gundam's upgrades in W apparently get initially copied by Freedom Gundam ...and Strike Rouge, Justice, Buster, Blitz, and Duel. Pouring cash into the Strike right away will result in the financial benefits getting multiplied by 6! with the proper route choices (which I will be making). I could afford to max weapon upgrades doing that, likely compensating for any firepower issues. Likewise, Gundam Astray Red Frame gets copied by Astray Blue Frame and Dreadnought (and Elijah's GINN Custom, which isn't worth using), the latter then being copied by the Hyperion Gundam. ...The issue how late this all arrives in W. I'll barely have time to use it all!๐Ÿคฃย 

The SEED & ASTRAY (Eternal and ReHOME will occupy two slots for Repair & Resupply) upgrade situation then makes fitting the other Reals into the final 18 a head-scratcher.:ย 

• Sosuke demands Mao and Kurz. Andย maybe I shouldย throw in Clouseau?
    • The Falke copies upgrades from the Arbalest, so even if I don't,ย it'll be a good "cost-free" short-term unit before the SEEDs and ASTRAYs arrive en masse though.
  • Nadesico, I'll pare it down to Gai & Akito (Gai's Aesti does initially copy Akito's upgrades in the first half)ย for the final battle.
    • ...Plusย Yurika forย W Nadesico fun?๐Ÿ˜† The Y-Unitย does keep its first half upgrades (I only maxed its EN on this first run, left the rest untouched). And those same upgradesย get copied by the mandatory Nadesicoย B/C.
  • The Endless Waltz crew has to struggle the hardest final 18 membership. I want Duo b/c near-perfect availability and Deatscythe cool.ย Heero is the lead, and he and Wufei (Altron copies Wing) were bothย written intoย FMP and ASTRAY. And I like Trowa too, and Quattre is nice. -But packing them all in isn't possible!๐Ÿคฏ

...Maybe the answer is to overthink not about the final team, and focus on the journey.๐Ÿ˜† With all the aforementioned upgrade-copying, I'll get some fun "cash-free" usefulness out of Mu/Cagalli/Dearka/Nicol prior to the endgame with the upgrade-dumping. And the Wings will mostly serve me well in the first half.

ย 

Flowers shall be placed on his grave by the surviving triplet.๐Ÿ’

That would've been hilarious. Introduce the triplet at the very end. lol

Wasn't thinking that'd be the case, given it's on the fringe of the Solar System so far from Earth. Would take a while to get back without FTL travel.

Well, it's part of the Yamato storyline, so you're traveling to Pluto... and then past it and out of the Solar System. But yes, you do have FTL travel by that point.

It's going to be tomorrow. ...Tonight, I've been jotting down some plans/things to keep in mind for the NG+ Real run.๐Ÿ˜†ย Because my eyes are bigger than my stomach, and my brain knows this.๐Ÿง ย So instead of getting indigestion by immediately leaping into NG+ when do I finish this, I'll have done some planning for the second playthrough instead. ...Which won't happen until next year.๐Ÿ˜…

I hope that's after at least playing through V once.

...The Real run is going to be a tale of two halves -no, three thirds. The first half will be Wings, Slaves, and Aesti, the last 13 will be great for SEED and ASTRAY, and an awkward post-27, pre-42 midsection. Favorites will go Wing-Full Metal Panic!-Nadesico for the first half (purely for cash, not extra upgrade slots), Full Metal Panic!-SEED-ASTRAY for the second.

Wait, SEED and ASTRAY are separate entries in the Favorites selection? I guess it can make sense, but still looks weird.

Strike Gundam's upgrades in W apparently get initially copied by Freedom Gundam ...and Strike Rouge, Justice, Buster, Blitz, and Duel. Pouring cash into the Strike right away will result in the financial benefits getting multiplied by 6! with the proper route choices (which I will be making). I could afford to max weapon upgrades doing that, likely compensating for any firepower issues. Likewise, Gundam Astray Red Frame gets copied by Astray Blue Frame and Dreadnought (and Elijah's GINN Custom, which isn't worth using), the latter then being copied by the Hyperion Gundam. ...The issue how late this all arrives in W. I'll barely have time to use it all!๐Ÿคฃย 

This game has so many upgrade sharing/inheritances, hmm...

Sosuke demands Mao and Kurz. Andย maybe I shouldย throw in Clouseau?

Maybe? At least he can do his own version of the Uruz combination with Mao and Kurz, if it matters.

...Plusย Yurika forย W Nadesico fun?๐Ÿ˜† The Y-Unitย does keep its first half upgrades (I only maxed its EN on this first run, left the rest untouched). And those same upgradesย get copied by the mandatory Nadesicoย B/C.

So no Daitetsujin, huh.

• The Endless Waltz crew has to struggle the hardest final 18 membership. I want Duo b/c near-perfect availability and Deatscythe cool.ย Heero is the lead, and he and Wufei (Altron copies Wing) were bothย written intoย FMP and ASTRAY. And I like Trowa too, and Quattre is nice. -But packing them all in isn't possible!๐Ÿคฏ

Reminds me I could use all five in D when I went for my Reals only playthrough. D only has 14 slots in the final battle (plus forced battleship and main character), but there aren't as many Real series. And in general I guess, since it's GBA vs DS.

...Maybe the answer is to overthink not about the final team, and focus on the journey.๐Ÿ˜† With all the aforementioned upgrade-copying, I'll get some fun "cash-free" usefulness out of Mu/Cagalli/Dearka/Nicol prior to the endgame with the upgrade-dumping. And the Wings will mostly serve me well in the first half.

Indeed. Just because you have your endgame team, it doesn't mean you can't use some of the others in the meantime.

So no Daitetsujin, huh.

SRWW 1st (Super) Run Final Team Finalized. 18 non-Valzacard/Nadesico C Slots.:

1. Genesic GaoGaiGar
  2. King J-Der
  3. Big Volfogg
  4. Mic Sounders XIII
  5. Mazinkaiser
  6. (Shin) Great Mazinger
  7. Shin Getter Robo
  8. Million Alpha
  9. GoLion
  10. Orgun
  11. Tekkaman Blade
  12. Tekkaman Rapier
  13. Tekkaman Hive
  14. Tekkaman Aki
  15. Tekkaman Sommer
  16. Tekkaman Vesna
  17. Tekkaman Dead
  18. Daitetsujin

It'll be punching & blasting tomorrow.๐Ÿ˜‰

Wait, SEED and ASTRAY are separate entries in the Favorites selection? I guess it can make sense, but still looks weird.

Yep. Narratively, they begin separate enough without being direct continuations that I can see why they'd do that.

The number of permanently-joining pilots each Favorites therefore covers is...

• Banpresto Original- 2 before Valzacard, 1 after.
  • SEED- 9
  • ASTRAY (which includes SEED X ASTRAY)- 6
  • The Prince of Darkness- 11
  • Full Metal Panic!- 4
  • Endless Waltz- 7
  • Mazinkaiser- 6
  • GaoGaiGar FINAL- 10 (not countingย the Super AI combined forms)
  • Shin Getter Robo- 1
  • GoLion- 1
  • Tekkaman Blade II- 9
  • Detonator Orgun- 2

...If I counted correctly.๐Ÿ˜…

This game has so many upgrade sharing/inheritances, hmm...

Too many some might say.

King J-Der copies GaoGaiGar, Tekkaman Blade gets copied by Aki, Dead, and Rapier. The Alstroemeria copies Aestivalis (Akito) too. Ho/En/Fu/RaiRyu share with each other and their combined forms, the combined forms are then initially copied by the TenRyuJin ...who shares upgrades with her two Super AI components. The Eternal copies the Archangel.ย 

If you're playing sorta blind like me (looking up secrets aside) and you're stingy with cash, you'll end up missing out up a lot of "buy one, get X free" upgrades. If you don't, W has some ways for sure to stretch your money.๐Ÿค‘

Reminds me I could use all five in D when I went for my Reals only playthrough. D only has 14 slots in the final battle (plus forced battleship and main character), but there aren't as many Real series. And in general I guess, since it's GBA vs DS.

...Is it foolish to contemplate secret/route selection for a game with no translation?๐Ÿ˜…ย 

Because I probably would use most/all of the Wing quintet on my first D run, plus Amuro/Kamille/Judau/Char to work towards Haman ...for the 2nd playthrough.๐Ÿ˜†ย I guess, as fragile as Supers purported are in D then, I would throw Godmars on the first final team, since I wouldn't want to visit the Angel's Halo (and while the boost would be pretty minor methinks, I'd leave Uso without the Assault Buster off the 1st team as a result). ...Five Wings, four UC, one Godmars, two Repairbots probably, one Ventus and one something else. There, the D team planned if the game gets translated in my lifetime.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

SRWW 1st (Super) Run Final Team Finalized. 18 non-Valzacard/Nadesico C Slots.:

1. Genesic GaoGaiGar
  2. King J-Der
  3. Big Volfogg
  4. Mic Sounders XIII
  5. Mazinkaiser
  6. (Shin) Great Mazinger
  7. Shin Getter Robo
  8. Million Alpha
  9. GoLion
  10. Orgun
  11. Tekkaman Blade
  12. Tekkaman Rapier
  13. Tekkaman Hive
  14. Tekkaman Aki
  15. Tekkaman Sommer
  16. Tekkaman Vesna
  17. Tekkaman Dead
  18. Daitetsujin

It'll be punching & blasting tomorrow.๐Ÿ˜‰

Ah, I see.

I like how almost half the team are Tekkamaen. XD

The number of permanently-joining pilots each Favorites therefore covers is...

• Banpresto Original- 2 before Valzacard, 1 after.
  • SEED- 9
  • ASTRAY (which includes SEED X ASTRAY)- 6
  • The Prince of Darkness- 11
  • Full Metal Panic!- 4
  • Endless Waltz- 7
  • Mazinkaiser- 6
  • GaoGaiGar FINAL- 10 (not countingย the Super AI combined forms)
  • Shin Getter Robo- 1
  • GoLion- 1
  • Tekkaman Blade II- 9
  • Detonator Orgun- 2

...If I counted correctly.๐Ÿ˜…

Man, hard to think a series like Nadesico could get that many. Only possible thanks to W, I guess, heh.

Indeed.

King J-Der copies GaoGaiGar, Tekkaman Blade gets copied by Aki, Dead, and Rapier. The Alstroemeria copies Aestivalis (Akito) too. Ho/En/Fu/RaiRyu share with each other and their combined forms, the combined forms are then initially copied by the TenRyuJin ...who shares upgrades with her two Super AI components. The Eternal copies the Archangel.ย 

If you're playing sorta blind like me (looking up secrets aside) and you're stingy with cash, you'll end up missing out up a lot of "buy one, get X free" upgrades. If you don't, W has some ways for sure to stretch your money.๐Ÿค‘

Well, at least Akurasu also has that for wanting to check out beforehand.

...Is it foolish to contemplate secret/route selection for a game with no translation?๐Ÿ˜…ย 

Because I probably would use most/all of the Wing quintet on my first D run, plus Amuro/Kamille/Judau/Char to work towards Haman ...for the 2nd playthrough.๐Ÿ˜†ย I guess, as fragile as Supers purported are in D then, I would throw Godmars on the first final team, since I wouldn't want to visit the Angel's Halo (and while the boost would be pretty minor methinks, I'd leave Uso without the Assault Buster off the 1st team as a result). ...Five Wings, four UC, one Godmars, two Repairbots probably, one Ventus and one something else. There, the D team planned if the game gets translated in my lifetime.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ahaha, it's fine, I'd say.

As I see it, D can also be split into a Super-Real playthrough for the most part, with how the route splits are. It's quite emphasized with the last split as it has Godmars-Daltanius-Grendizer as its focus on one route and Macross 7 on the other, and despite the Ra Cailum going with the former, a few of the MS pilots like Amuro and Char go with the latter instead. Ultimately the armor thing can be mitigated for the most part by using PP on the pilots' Defense stat, so Super Robots can be doable, even if not as stellar to tank as other games. It also makes Shin Getter 2 more significantly viable due to having both Open Get and Shin Mach Special so Armor is not as big of a priority for it.

Well, it's day has to come one day. As a GBA game, it shouldn't take as long as with other SRW's. But yeah, hopefully they do can get fan translations...

47 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, I see.

I like how almost half the team are Tekkamaen. XD

Gotta roll with it when it's the only SRW where I can.๐Ÿ˜„

Teks, get set and go to work!๐Ÿ˜Ž

Man, hard to think a series like Nadesico could get that many. Only possible thanks to W, I guess, heh.

That count does include Yurika, Tsukumo and Gai, so yeah, W-only.๐Ÿ˜„ ...And considering Yurika has to be rescued before showing up in the Eucharis-now-Nadeisco A, how long Akito stays a loner, and that Tsukumo, Hikaru, Izumi, Akatsuki, and Genichiro only arrive in episode 46. In practice, most of W's second half is pretty lonely for The Prince of Darkness- Ruri, Ryoko, Saburota, and Gai.

...And on SEED and ASTRAY, there are some minor oddities. Miguel is obviously a SEED character and is labeled as such, his Miguel Custom GINN is labeled as ASTRAY however.ย 

...Which games had the Favorites system? Was there any with UC Gundam?๐Ÿค”ย Because, if not, I can see why not. Think of the usual Z-ZZ-CCA hodgepodge of SRWs past and whether to lump it all under one Favorite, or split it into three.

As I see it, D can also be split into a Super-Real playthrough for the most part, with how the route splits are. It's quite emphasized with the last split as it has Godmars-Daltanius-Grendizer as its focus on one route and Macross 7 on the other, and despite the Ra Cailum going with the former, a few of the MS pilots like Amuro and Char go with the latter instead. Ultimately the armor thing can be mitigated for the most part by using PP on the pilots' Defense stat, so Super Robots can be doable, even if not as stellar to tank as other games. It also makes Shin Getter 2 more significantly viable due to having both Open Get and Shin Mach Special so Armor is not as big of a priority for it.

With three Original ultimate machines, three runs sound like they'd be in order. One of them would be Ganador & Strega/Forte Gigas, the one where I don't recruit Glacies/Ventus, and as many Supers I can get by with. -Not the first run though!๐Ÿ˜… Sounds like I should play it Real-leaning (though maybe not entirely b/c variety is fun) just to be on the safe side when I don't know what exactly to expect on each map.

Somehow this is about nuns and warfare

7 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Oh yeah, welcome back man

anime-hug.gif

Hey there, just been getting calm lately, got something coming up where I'll be working but it's admittedly starting pretty dang small.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

How does he fit into the Rule of Two? Simple, Jar Jar is Sith Zero and has been manipulating the galaxy since the dawn of time.

The real question is will he show his face in the next trilogy now that Palpatine's gone to actually take over effectively and ruthlessly?

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

ย 

>Deadpool gets cucked

>One of the writers is Zeb Wells

>DP and Vanessa hit the rocks again as part of the story

Not this shit again

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Prime 4 takes place in 20X9. Samus Returns takes place in 20X5 and Super takes place immediately after.

As someone who hasn't played any Prime yet, oh that changes things huh. I have to presume it's still pre-Fusion looking at the suit.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's pretty surreal that Investigations 2 is getting an English release after all this time, it took longer to localize than any Trails game even. Not to mention that the entire non-crossover series is now playable on modern hardware.

I oughta hand it to Capcom, they've been doing some serious preservation efforts with their games. Remasters, localizations 13 years on, ports to PC (which is really the important part to truly be able to call it preservation)... And it's not even just Ace Attorney, let's not forget they remastered Ghost Trick not long ago for seemingly absolutely no reason.

40 bucks a pop is a tad stiff, but then I guess it's 2-3 games per collection. We've seen far, far worse moneygrubbing with remasters. It's not even 60!

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Somehow this is about nuns and warfare

It's so baffling to see the recognition attained by a ROMhack that plagiarized the shit out of another famous FE6 overhaul, while adding such gems as a Roy/Wolt solo chapter 1 (map design unchanged to fit these new conditions), forced FE7 references, a butchering of Zephiel's character and the playable meme bossman (coincidentally the same as Project Ember's) calling you a slur if you got the bad ending.

Sure, they removed a bunch of the plagiarism (and the slur) when called out, but as far as I know it's still just not very good. People live for those FE7 references, I guess.