Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, stopping RF4 for now. Still got a few items to craft before I need Rune Prana only stuff. Should not take long, I hope.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Etrian-Odyssey-Nexus-22-06-24-18-09-07-327.pngEtrian-Odyssey-Nexus-22-06-24-18-09-33-607.pngEtrian-Odyssey-Nexus-22-06-24-18-10-14-168.png

My Etrian Odyssey dopamine fix here, my EOpamine.😄 Watching my adventurers grow from seeds to great trees in themselves.🌱🌳

Ventured into the first Shrine labyrinth. 

...The sound of somebody getting OHKO'ed.😵 -I'm okay with the always-rough EO earlygame though.😅 I'll outgrow it, with a little time.

Having the option of automatic wall-mapping in Nexus unlike IV also takes a lot of tedium out of map drawing. -If only it didn't draw walls where shortcuts are.

Will definitely be playing more late into the night. And if I'm not, I'll be thinking about EO. Because I need to figure out when to temporarily stop investing in Reinforce (gotta max it early for the healing tho!) and find time to dump five levels into learning Attack Order and all the minimum in all three Elemental Arms.🤓

The first boss slain on the first attempt, the first one-floor labyrinth conquered.😄 15 turns for a boss is slow compared to what's hopefully to come, but when your team is in the single-digits levelwise, that's to be expected.😆 Already, I can see the group synergies I theorycrafted coming into play, as presently petite as they are.

I have officially been up past 2 am playing a board game. Have not been out that late in a while.

For a review in a sentence: Spirit Island can be straighforward, but there's a lot to comprehend at once.

11 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

I mean, that counts yeah?

Alright, finally reached Winter in RF4. Wow, I really blitzed through the first two story arcs, looking back, hahaha. Heck, it was only more or less in two seasons since I finished Act II in the first days of Autumn.

Man, what a difference. Now that I am properly geared up, Rune Prana is much more manageable. Well, Floor 1 so far. I'm probably also much higher leveled than what I was back then. Don't remember, but right now Lest is in the high 120's. Though those Green Dragons, ugh. Why must my best Short Sword be Wind elemental, which they absorb... I need to change weapons. At least I can stun lock them with dark magic... and is what does the most damage to them from what I'm carrying so far.

Also, I've been spotting Bado in Lest's room for a few times now. Dude, it's past 10PM, go to your home already!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Tyranitar erasure

On 6/20/2024 at 11:52 PM, Armagon said:

Mashima's a horny bastard for sure but my point was moreso the female characters actually get to regularly do things past their introductory arc. A common criticism i hear of One Piece, Naruto, etc is that the women just kinda sit there after their first arc while the men get to do everything. 

Legit if Mashima wasn't such a horny bastard, i think that aspect of Fairy Tail would've been looked at more.

It's less about Mashima being horny and more about him ascribing to Tite Kubo's school of "rule of cool". Case in point, the gif I posted where Erza cuts a meteor in half after having her bones broken. It's fanservice-y, nonsensical, an asspull, the kind of thing that plagued Fairy Tail post-timeskip. Erza is the perfect example of this because she went from one of the best things in early-Fairy Tail to one of the worst things in late-Fairy Tail.

The reason Fairy Tail is overlooked is because the bad things outweigh the good. In the end, the only character who came out unscathed from Mashima's self-sabotage was Wendy, lol

20 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Scenes when England is out in the group phase. They don't deserve to continue with that manager of theirs tbh. All the talent in the world yet they play so bad

It's legit sad seeing these guys play. I had high hopes for this english generation after 2018, but it seems they'll never make far again

20 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

France are honestly worse than expected, while Austria is better - they surprised me. Can Austria mess Netherlands plans next game and get 2nd place?

I do not think so. If there's one thing that the Netherlands showed in the last game, it's that while they're not very skilled, they're well-trained, at least to play on equal terms against France.

1 hour ago, Venger_06 said:

It's legit sad seeing these guys play. I had high hopes for this english generation after 2018, but it seems they'll never make far again

How did Southgate last so long is really a mystery for the ages.

1 hour ago, Venger_06 said:

I do not think so. If there's one thing that the Netherlands showed in the last game, it's that while they're not very skilled, they're well-trained, at least to play on equal terms against France.

Austria did make it pretty hard for France tho

Edited by Codename Shrimp

I think the game is trying to tell me something. For a long time now doing character requests have only gave me stuff like cans and boots for rewards. Smh, even Margaret...

---

Yeah, this was pretty much a given.

Also, despite having watched Detective Conan for years (though admittedly years since I stopped), TIL they actually created a character to look and be named similar to Furuya so he could voice him. Dude even has an alias named Tohru Amuro. Rei Furuya / Tohru Amuro... like, come on...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Man, this is the third Royal Curry that Clorica has brought up in such a short time span.

I guess this is where my luck trying to get a Puppeteer's String went to. Well, can't say no to 550K gold apiece.

kf302p0zxd8d1.png?auto=webp&s=72ec70e341

Fucking hell this game 1-1, somehow we got the group lead, but i am not convinced with our performance...

Even with the shit ref, that was rough

3 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

>these last 15 minutes of Scotland x Hungary

nhk6g9t8wzic1.jpeg

apparently a player lost consciousness?

Got a real Shock to the System so he did

3 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Tyranitar erasure

Hydreigon/Goodra/Kommo-o/Dragapult/Braxcaliber erasure

45 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

kf302p0zxd8d1.png?auto=webp&s=72ec70e341

Fucking hell this game 1-1, somehow we got the group lead, but i am not convinced with our performance...

Even with the shit ref, that was rough

What a round I guess.

Also, confirmed Celt can't into soccer, we'll just go elsewhere.

Why did they had to make the Green/Blue/Red/Yellow enemies so hard to spawn... wait, hold on, I just noticed... they're not wearing oversized sleeves, it's their actual hands!?

Mario GIF Tumblr

Okay, after a frustratingly so situation with some Flare Mages deliberately put out of reach of short ranged weapons, I finally opened the door to the boss of Rune Prana 1. Though I'll probably have to go grind some items to forge stuff. May need to also switch out of Short Swords, too. Well, that'd be for next time.

Doctor Who Series 14 in terms of vibes is the most "we're so back" thing i've seen in a while. In actuality, it's a very experimental season that doesn't always hit but i think the end result is overall good. Nucti Gatwa and Millie Gibson's chemistry is off the charts, with Gatwa very easily having the potential to be a top 3 Doctor. However, the reduced episode count, combined with Gatwa's prior commitments to Sex Education that he needed to wrap up, left me feeling wanting more of The Doctor and Ruby Sunday this season. The pacing needs to be done better because i felt like i didn't actually spend that much time with them. Even the finale being an hour long went by fast.

For what it's worth, i do feel that every NuWho Doctor's first season is always their weakest one. This is consistent so it can only go uphill from here.

22 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

>Venezuela won

Gloria al bravo pueblo motherfuckers.

5 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Case in point, the gif I posted where Erza cuts a meteor in half after having her bones broken. It's fanservice-y, nonsensical, an asspull, the kind of thing that plagued Fairy Tail post-timeskip.

Wouldn't last an hour in the asylum where they raised me

Part of growing up is realizing that "rule of cool" is incredibly based actually.

lv9hda3k2gla1.jpg

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, this is the third Royal Curry that Clorica has brought up in such a short time span.

This is why Clorica is the best girl.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Part of growing up is realizing that "rule of cool" is incredibly based actually.

Rule of cool is only based if it's accompanied with good writing.

Otherwise it's useless spectacle - Unearned Cool is one of the worst things ever