• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Rule of cool is only based if it's accompanied with good writing.

Otherwise it's useless spectacle - Unearned Cool is one of the worst things ever

Counterpoint

As an avid SRW player, I can attest sometimes it's not just about story. Just the concept itself is all the coolness it needs.

Do I care why this is happening? A bit, I'll admit, and I wish I actually knew. But... does it ultimately matter? Maybe not. After all...  it's freaking Master Asia and Alberto the Shockwave having a fistfight! What's not to love!?

Huh, didn't knew Lumpy was back in Rogueport already. Thought it was until the postgame.

Hmm, I see Bowser's goons still give four-three star points (well, I just leveled up, so it's one less now) each. I didn't remember, but I bet by the time postgame begins, they're only meant to give two-one by then. Or perhaps just only one...

So thankful the whole chase for General White is so much streamlined thanks to all the Warp Pipe being in the same room. And now every place having warp pipes, for that matter. Yes, it made sense if Glitzville didn't had a pipe since... you know. Still, much more convenient anyway... and it's funnier. XD

Okay, just gonna need to return to Fahr Outpost, but I'll do that next time.

Been EOing all day.😅 Almost done with the first three-floor labyrinth, though I remember from my unfinished run that for so early in the game, the next boss is a doozy.😵 It's this one which by itself makes me think Nexus isn't the most beginner-friendly EO.

It has been fun though.😄 I'm starting to overlevel (which will be easy to do once I max out Taunt Assassins), but I'm not exactly opposed to that b/c Expert FOEs/bosses are still strong.

So I was watching some Xenosaga EP III cutscenes in JP and noticed that they uh... removed 95% of the blood from the EN release. Many of the scenes lose so much impact removing it though. They had it in I, so i'm assuming II censors it as well?

Dear modern Star Wars haters: If it can't ever be good, why the finale for Rebels Season 2?

On a meme tangent, me upon realising they got a second little dog

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Part of growing up is realizing that "rule of cool" is incredibly based actually.

lv9hda3k2gla1.jpg

I know this is for SSJ3, but doesn't that still get criticised as a bit of an asspull and not actually all that helpful?

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

11d0ac5c29a5a55f18e09ce18b424a19.png

02b24958592624af1ebd870d774176ba.png

damm, here I thought for a sec the thick shadow was some of the leftover blood. But that is a pretty thorough censor.

"Shh, they're asleep" looking second image

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

damm, here I thought for a sec the thick shadow was some of the leftover blood. But that is a pretty thorough censor.

"Shh, they're asleep" looking second image

They didn't really die, they're just tired, is all!

jokes aside, yeah, it -looks- fine, but the impact of the scene is ruined a bit without it, I think.

Edited by Lightcosmo

I love the bridging together of Classic and New like this.

48 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

So I was watching some Xenosaga EP III cutscenes in JP and noticed that they uh... removed 95% of the blood from the EN release. Many of the scenes lose so much impact removing it though. They had it in I, so i'm assuming II censors it as well?

The whole trilogy got censored like this (had the side effects of making the Albedo scene in Ep I more fucked up in the NA release).

43 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Dear modern Star Wars haters: If it can't ever be good, why the finale for Rebels Season 2?

Rebels S2 finale is like one of the two only good parts.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The whole trilogy got censored like this (had the side effects of making the Albedo scene in Ep I more fucked up in the NA release).

I do remember the Albedo scene in JP, he knifes his own hand off lol

But the Labrynthos portion looks so much more devastating without censorship!

Etrian-Odyssey-Nexus-24-06-24-10-11-22-7

Whose bright idea was it to throw in a boss that summons back row healers three times before you're even level 20?!🤨 

Still, won on turn 22, on the second try. The sound of victory's fanfare is never sweeter.😄

11 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I do remember the Albedo scene in JP, he knifes his own hand off lol

A similar alteration was also made on the PS2 with Dragon Quest VIII. When evil vines begin wrapping themselves around a guy's arm in a late story scene, in the Japanese version, he grabs a dagger and stabs the vines off, injuring his own arm. In the North American version, he drops the dagger IIRC, and then burns the evil vines off with a small magic fireball.

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Croatia and Albania please kick out Italy today. You can do it!

gudako-anime.gif

What do you have against those lovely Italians? Plus what the hell is this gif? Whatever it is I’ll be seeing it in my night terrors.

57 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

they are defending champs and it's always good to see a big team that's not yours fall.

…I now support two soccer teams, Italy and whoever beats the German team.

58 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

😛

Shrimp-kun has the weirdest taste in waifus.

This match was cinema!!

A little mad Italy saved themselves literally in the last second, but dear god was that fun to watch

th5dy37p2l8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=51aa43718

With 2p and -3GD Croatia is 99.9% out

da8fcvvs3l8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=bb1e66f40

England has to win by a 4 goal difference (and Czech has to lose) for Croatia to advance

Not happening loooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Edited by Codename Shrimp