• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Apparently some went as far as to say the five year olds who wanted to see the movie are complicit.

<.<

They are just bullies who want to make themselves feel/look good, so they bully for "the right cause"

Lotsa peeps of that type lately

I think the problem with a lot of leftists, especially online, is the fucking Sith absolutes "if you're not with me, then you're my enemy". Because you know, antagonizing people is definitely gonna get them to sympathize with your cause. 

Many forget (or don't know), that without the center/majority we can't do anything.

Like even if you dislike them, be logical because you need them <.<

Righties and leftists are the same in that regard actually. 

Except righties can unite under someone if needed (even if they hate each others guts)

Meanwhile lefties:

"2 lefties meet, they create 3 Parties"

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Look, just woke up, not bothering on the boycott talk. It's something I find people aren't engaging on in real life enough so why deal in the online where people are... well more willing to be pricks to be blunt?

As for Horseshoe Theory, I've been hovering around this space the last while and I feel like it's lazier than people let on. The idea that eventually they're the same in practice to decent society? And so often it's just "Left groups are as bad as the right" when on policy rarely is there anywhere near the acrimony. Sorry, just sick of it as a thing.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Other than that, see the pic above.

Sandman (oofff for that second season), Stardust, Good Omens (with Pratchett), American Gods, fricking Coraline (The book it's based on), and that's the ones I can bet might be recognised.

Yeah, I think some shows are getting wrapped up.

38 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Except righties can unite under someone if needed (even if they hate each others guts)

I'm not so sure about that, here at the minute it's looking like they can't pull themselves together (though supposedly talks are happening, I feel like progress would be mentioned).

And if anyone here's heard of our National Party, they already split over internal issues and it turned out they had what got referred to as Nazi Gold. Which yeah isn't the most dramatic examples, but the real fear has yet to materialise of someone to coalesce around.

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Many forget (or don't know), that without the center/majority we can't do anything.

Like even if you dislike them, be logical because you need them <.<

A lot of people have forgotten the art of compromise.

Admittedly, not all compromises are good either.

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Meanwhile lefties:

"2 lefties meet, they create 3 Parties"

Yeah and like here we have two right-wing think tanks working to ultra-conserve the country.

The left? I mean i guess they had unions until Reagan fucked it all up.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

And so often it's just "Left groups are as bad as the right" when on policy rarely is there anywhere near the acrimony. Sorry, just sick of it as a thing.

To be clear, i do think the right is worse but it's true that the left really doesn't know how to organize that effectively. They did once but i feel that's been gone.

On 7/3/2024 at 5:41 AM, Armagon said:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe review

I think this might actually be the best Kirby game that isn't Forgotten Land. The variety of copy abilities here is probably the best it's been in the series and they all control really nice. The brand new additions of Mecha and Sand Kirby are very fun to play with too, so i'd like to see them return. And of course, the Ultra Abilities. Can't ever go wrong with these. Yeah they're gimmicky and don't actually add much to the game but they're still fun to use.

This game also added the brand new Maglor Epilogue and it's....fine i guess. Idk i found it kinda boring but i don't think it detracts from the main game.

Music good.

9/10

OH MY GOD I JUST PLAYED THIS GAME AND WAS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING BUT FORGOT.

Yeah during exile I've been blasting through all of the Kirby games. The highlight was definitely that part in Planet Robobot where they just casually hurled slurs at me.

Kirby_Planet_Robobot_14.06.24_18.27.35.9

Kirby_Planet_Robobot_14.06.24_18.27.51.8

Kirby_Planet_Robobot_14.06.24_18.27.57.3

13 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The highlight was definitely that part in Planet Robobot where they just casually hurled slurs at me.

I'm just imagining you getting to that part and reacting like this guy

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A lot of people have forgotten the art of compromise.

Admittedly, not all compromises are good either.

Society became more polarizing, and social media shares a big part of the blame for that

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

And so often it's just "Left groups are as bad as the right" when on policy rarely is there anywhere near the acrimony

Let me introduce you to BSW.

Well, i wouldn't call them lefties honestly, but they did split of the left party...and share many points with the Nazis. Russia dicksucking, anti immigrants, etc.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm not so sure about that, here at the minute it's looking like they can't pull themselves together (though supposedly talks are happening, I feel like progress would be mentioned).

It's starting to happen in the EUP as well, however it took much longer than it usually does for lefties

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah and like here we have two right-wing think tanks working to ultra-conserve the country.

Project 2025 is some scary shit

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To be clear, i do think the right is worse but it's true that the left really doesn't know how to organize that effectively.

+1

22 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Project 2025 is some scary shit

Between Chevron deference and that immunity ruling, it's already underway. Big, big reason why I'm thinking about leaving.

22 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

+1

Honestly even when they do organize, a lot of leftists think they only have to vote once and if it doesn't work out, then they just give up.

This is the mindset that allowed conservatives to creep up over 40 years.

7 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Wait

It's not a holiday today?

It's a federal holiday so all the official stuff closes for the day. This includes banks, which is why that transfer I made towards my secondary account won't happen until Monday.

Most stores either close for the day or close early. The store I work at is the latter, normally closes at 8 but today at 6.

As apology for the previous post (and for the day that's in it):

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

but it's true that the left really doesn't know how to organize that effectively.

I'd say it's become more difficult for those who are coming in without the institutional knowledge of setting up parties.

(I'd say the main issue we're having is recruiting personally)

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

OH MY GOD I JUST PLAYED THIS GAME AND WAS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING BUT FORGOT.

Yeah during exile I've been blasting through all of the Kirby games. The highlight was definitely that part in Planet Robobot where they just casually hurled slurs at me.

Kirby_Planet_Robobot_14.06.24_18.27.35.9

Kirby_Planet_Robobot_14.06.24_18.27.51.8

Kirby_Planet_Robobot_14.06.24_18.27.57.3

I'll admit, not the kind of horror I expect from Kirby.

Well that's a top tier monster from the series.

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

This seems to be what started it:

Ah, there we are with the reasons, didn't find it looking earlier.

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

It's starting to happen in the EUP as well, however it took much longer than it usually does for lefties

If you saw what happened with the far right groups that set themselves up lately here, you'd see the only reason they weren't splitting before was because they were at each other before the parties were set up despite their main focus being on anti-immigrant actions.

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Let me introduce you to BSW.

Well, i wouldn't call them lefties honestly, but they did split of the left party...and share many points with the Nazis. Russia dicksucking, anti immigrants, etc.

What little I've heard hasn't been great.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Let me guess. They couldn't stand your theatrics, kicked you out, and you're just salty.

History maybe a set of lies agreed upon Acacia Sgt. as opined by Bonaparte himself, but oh how it can be a wicked mistress for the delusional and the despotic. 

Happy Rwanda Liberation day everyone. 🥳🥳🥳

I'm just imagining you getting to that part and reacting like this guy

Literally.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I'll admit, not the kind of horror I expect from Kirby.

Well that's a top tier monster from the series.

Honestly kinda hurt seeing it but it also made the villain's defeat way more satisfying so...

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

"Why do 3H fans and Engage fans have to keep on figh-

That is a duo of all time ngl.

Bleak topic today.🙁 And here I'm already 😔, paired with extra 😞 from it being a warm sunny holiday and yet I'm like this.😮‍💨 It's so... crushing?😫 -It's difficult to select what concise few words to use.

Anyway...

https://www.eurogamer.net/autism-queerness-and-unmasked-gaming-a-personal-reflection

Just read this (posted only today). Interesting. Never heard of this not-a-decade-old "double empathy problem" hypothesis before.

high levels of "masking" – the exhausting process by which autistic individuals try to blend in by prioritising the needs and comfort of others,

*Clicks on the link*

Spoiler

Autistic people have described masking as:

• hyper-vigilance for and constant adaptation to the preferences and expectations (whether expressed, implied or anticipated) of the people around you
  • tightly controlling and adjusting how you express yourself (including your needs, preferences, opinions, interests, personality, mannerisms and appearance) based on the real or anticipated reactions of others, both in the moment and over time

...Ahahahaha. Yeah, this simply has (okay, partly to be less dramatic) to explain why I've allowed myself to drift in life so much. Burying myself and allowing the never-can-be-autonomous asexual autistic teddy bear cliche that others think I am go on.🤣 

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Thanks for the heads up.😉 And happy Philippine Republic Day.🇵🇭

I have ended up with an emulator machine (that has joysticks) and tickets to Gar(r)on.

What a day.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Let me guess. They couldn't stand your theatrics, kicked you out, and you're just salty.

Would Theatrics include sending people to horny jail? Asking as someone who's never been in for any extended period

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Sure look, another independence day to add to July. Already had Haiti in mind too.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Honestly kinda hurt seeing it but it also made the villain's defeat way more satisfying so...

Totally get being satisfied with that.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thanks for the heads up.😉 And happy Philippine Republic Day.🇵🇭

Oh look, another one.

I should get an independence day calendar at this rate

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Anyway...

https://www.eurogamer.net/autism-queerness-and-unmasked-gaming-a-personal-reflection

Just read this (posted only today). Interesting. Never heard of this not-a-decade-old "double empathy problem" hypothesis before.

high levels of "masking" – the exhausting process by which autistic individuals try to blend in by prioritising the needs and comfort of others,

*Clicks on the link*

Reveal hidden contents

Autistic people have described masking as:

• hyper-vigilance for and constant adaptation to the preferences and expectations (whether expressed, implied or anticipated) of the people around you
  • tightly controlling and adjusting how you express yourself (including your needs, preferences, opinions, interests, personality, mannerisms and appearance) based on the real or anticipated reactions of others, both in the moment and over time

...Ahahahaha. Yeah, this simply has (okay, partly to be less dramatic) to explain why I've allowed myself to drift in life so much. Burying myself and allowing the never-can-be-autonomous asexual autistic teddy bear cliche that others think I am go on.🤣 

Oh look, something to go through. (River mentioned, I get it)

Funny aside on masking and gaming, I had my brother going through emulatable consoles (because of the emulation device I mentioned earlier) and if I'd played pretty much everything that'd matter on the GBA (as he saw it) and likely have given away that I knew a little more about FE than that it exists. Also that Marche did everything wrong.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Would Theatrics include sending people to horny jail? Asking as someone who's never been in for any extended period

I mean, I've never been there, so I can't say what is their Code of Conduct, hahaha. Probably same as here, though.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also that Marche did everything wrong.

What a bold take.

37 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh look, another one.

Well it was independence from the USA, after a planned transition period during which WWII just so happened to have happened.

39 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Funny aside on masking and gaming, I had my brother going through emulatable consoles (because of the emulation device I mentioned earlier) and if I'd played pretty much everything that'd matter on the GBA (as he saw it) and likely have given away that I knew a little more about FE than that it exists.

You didn't have to explain why bench Marcus by C14 BiBla, use him forever in BlaBla, solo SS with Seth. But I get why ya did.😜

43 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also that Marche did everything wrong.

If the post-"complete all 300 Missions" judgeship plot is canon, it makes Marche a hypocrite. Mewt gets sent back to the real world shorn of princehood yet Marche gets to become Judgemaster in a world where Laws are too strong. -And let's never forget Doned, you couldn't let your bro having working legs.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

If you saw what happened with the far right groups that set themselves up lately here, you'd see the only reason they weren't splitting before was because they were at each other before the parties were set up despite their main focus being on anti-immigrant actions.

Btw, where is "here" if you don't mind me asking.