Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

VXT would be like 15-18 gigs total?

Let's see...

V is 5GB
X is 5.6 GB
T is 5.7GB (I think this is counting the DLC since unlike V and X, it has to be bought separately)

So... yeah. Around ~16.3GB.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

And then out of fucking nowhere Kirby Planet Robobot comes along where the plot is that a giant corporation is actively invading Planet Popstar with the goal to 'civilize' and/or eradicate the native population and exploit the natural resources for profit.

Admittedly this isn't revealed until the end.

Anyways do not play TearRing Saga because in his infinite wisdom, Kaga made the plot "colonizers good and indigenous people are evil if they dare to fight back". Similar to Kaga's other wonderful plot, FE4: Genealogy of the Religious Minority that is Exclusively Evil.

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

45 x 2 (+ 15 x 2 + Penalties) is hella long.

That's not long.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Similar to Kaga's other wonderful plot, FE4: Genealogy of the Religious Minority that is Exclusively Evil.

Eh, that's not similar at all.

In Genealogy, it's one local Jugdrali guy going on a world trip, meets dragon who forms a blood bind with, then guy comes back home and uses his newfound power to try to take over the continent. The cult is a byproduct of it. They become a minority because they were eventually overthrown and persecuted for what they did.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's not long.

Using our beloved 🏈 and it's 15-min quarters (+30 mins apiece of commercials) as the measure for all sports?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways do not play TearRing Saga because in his infinite wisdom, Kaga made the plot "colonizers good and indigenous people are evil if they dare to fight back".

I mean, you do get good playable Zoans (hiiii Shigen!), and the playable heroes themselves don't approve of Zoan persecution.

It's the majority of societies/political elite outside of the heroes themselves that are racist. (...Although it sounded IIRC like taking a restrained measure of Zoan ancestral pride is okay in Canaan ...but we never visit Canaan b/c that's Sennet's turf.) ...Which goes back to an ancient backstory where the Zoans, who refused assimilation into the immigrant culture unlike the other Liberia indigenous peoples, were thus hated and persecuted. That then led the Gerxel worship to shift from a peaceful deity to a warrior god, which then got co-opted by an evil guy who conquered the world and turned the Gerxel religion into a big evil cult. And that co-oping then condemned the Zoans including the conversos to be forever discriminated against. And resulting in a cult-kun Zoan minority always having ready justification for being evil.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Similar to Kaga's other wonderful plot, FE4: Genealogy of the Religious Minority that is Exclusively Evil.

More like Kaga wanted there to be good in the Loptyr Cult ...but never actually showed enough of it to overcome the pure evilness of the heavily-present evil membership. We don't get a playable Mairan Loptyrist, we never find a village of them. Arvis and Deidre don't really count as "good" Loptyrists, as they have the literal blood, but totally not the faith for the former, and maybe not for the latter (we're never told who Deidre's forest village worships).

Salem in Thracia is handicapped by a lack of supports, and I don't think we know if he retains any faith in Loptyr anymore. Sara suffers from the exact same problems.

Huh. The first Hathaway's Flash movie is in Netflix? Hmm... gonna go watch it, then, heh.

Considering SRW finally added Hathaway's Flash in V (even if it was units only), they could add the story itself proper eventually...

Oh, they also have Char's Counterattack.

Okay, it's settled. Can't watch Hathaway's Flash without watching CCA first!

6zwz9008pyad1.png?auto=webp&s=cee0666365

Spain and Netherlands please save us from Terrorball

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's not long.

How long do you want em to be xD

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

More like Kaga wanted there to be good in the Loptyr Cult

Literally impossible with how he wrote them.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, that's not similar at all.

In Genealogy, it's one local Jugdrali guy going on a world trip, meets dragon who forms a blood bind with, then guy comes back home and uses his newfound power to try to take over the continent. The cult is a byproduct of it. They become a minority because they were eventually overthrown and persecuted for what they did.

Like part of the reason the plot happened is because Arvis had *evil blood* and knew that people with *evil blood* tended to get burned at the stake so he wanted a world where this didn't happen. So he teamed up with the guys who show that genociding Loptyrians is justified.

mean, you do get good playable Zoans (hiiii Shigen!), and the playable heroes themselves don't approve of Zoan persecution.

With how many evil Zoans exist though, the good guys feel like "one of the good ones" if that makes sense. Because the good Zoans are like, two in number.

Using our beloved 🏈 and it's 15-min quarters (+30 mins apiece of commercials) as the measure for all sports?

Nah I just don't think two hours is long unless it's something I hate doing.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Like part of the reason the plot happened is because Arvis had *evil blood* and knew that people with *evil blood* tended to get burned at the stake so he wanted a world where this didn't happen. So he teamed up with the guys who show that genociding Loptyrians is justified.

I was referring more to the "natives vs foreigners" bit. Since it is more of an internal conflict the entire time, save for Naga and company's brief visit (but then, Galle did it first by going to Archanea), but then they leave anyway.

To be fair to Arvis, while we can see what they are doing or when they discuss their plans, he doesn't have that luxury. Granted, maybe he could've been more wary of them. It is stated how Arvis learned too late that Dierdre also had Loptyr blood, after all. But I guess, that's the point. It's meant to be a tragedy to unfold.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

With how many evil Zoans exist though, the good guys feel like "one of the good ones" if that makes sense. Because the good Zoans are like, two in number.

Shigen, Julia (who never really discusses the fact she is Zoan IIRC), Yoda, Sierra (who doesn't get enough screentime). And some though not you😛 would say Zeek.

Still, I get the bad overshadowing the good. Even though I'd say Kaga did better with Zoans/Gerxel (not exactly one and the same to keep in mind, given Zoan is the ethnicity and Gerxel the faith traditionally associated with the Zoans though the Canaanites who are Zoans who sided against Gerxel and converted to Yutona worship long ago) than the Loptyrians (which is purely a faith minus the dragon blood).

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So he teamed up with the guys who show that genociding Loptyrians is justified.

They were blackmailing him -while remaining convinced he could keep the Cult under his control. Which he did for ten years ...not realizing they were LETTING him stay in control b/c he'd given them the evil god human host that they were simply waiting on to grow up.

That, and the outwardly-cold fire boy chose "ends justify the means" as his political philosophy.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh. I don't exactly have the attention span for attentively watching any hours-long sport.

51 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Spain and Netherlands please save us from Terrorball

You want Dutch Revolt Do-Over over Hundred Years' War Redux?😝🤓

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, they also have Char's Counterattack.

Okay, it's settled. Can't watch Hathaway's Flash without watching CCA first!

Have a big old rocky ball of a time.😜

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering SRW finally added Hathaway's Flash in V (even if it was units only), they could add the story itself proper eventually...

Really? Very first appearance after decades where it totally could've, but didn't show up. And even then it's plotless? Well that's disappointing.

17 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, right, forgot about that.

... so no SRW news, huh. It's clear they're only focusing on DD. *sigh*

I didn't comment on this before. I didn't have high hopes for an anime expo in North America, because SRW has long been Japan-only. Yet it was still disappointing. Radio silence makes it worse. Maybe Banpresto should abandon that "We'll give you our license -but only if every one of your employees arm-wrestles each of ours' and wins every match" dare, I don't what IP it, it ain't worth the challenge.

The most mecha we got out of this expo...

Gundam-Breaker-4-Pac-Man_07-05-24-1440x8

...was this. There better be a Blinky-red Zaku II.

Also, no Tales either. Another series where Namco is showing disconcerting silence.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Let's see...

V is 5GB
X is 5.6 GB
T is 5.7GB (I think this is counting the DLC since unlike V and X, it has to be bought separately)

So... yeah. Around ~16.3GB.

Thanks for this, BTW.😉

I used the gold points to get the Capcom Fighting Collection for $10.

Mainly, I wanted full access to Puzzle Fighter. And casual as I am, I can play Darkstalkers now. Hsien-Ko my beloved.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But I guess, that's the point. It's meant to be a tragedy to unfold.

Yeah like I get the point but I just wish there was a bit more nuance to it.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh. I don't exactly have the attention span for attentively watching any hours-long sport.

Tbf I wouldn't watch sports by myself either. I gotta be with folks.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, no Tales either. Another series where Namco is showing disconcerting silence.

Tbf the DLC story for Arise that I never played came out last year.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

dunno about that. Remember it's almost 2 hours with only a 15 minutes break inbetween - and in a close game where your team is playing the nerves are done by the end of it xD

I don't think i can take it if matches get any longer. Even when my team isn't playing a close game the excitement it puts you on definitely saps your energy

Then again you guys from northern new world don't really know the true football feeling 😛 

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

while remaining convinced he could keep the Cult under his control.

I would've enjoyed it much more if he was able to Keikaku them instead of being an absolute moron and the plot going to generic FE bleh story # 13376563 in Gen 2

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You want Dutch Revolt Do-Over over Hundred Years' War Redux?😝🤓

No i am sick of watching France and England playing like absolute shite and winning.

😛

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have a big old rocky ball of a time.😜

I'm getting a slightly late birthday celebration later in the afternoon, so I may only have time for CCA today, heh. But I'll watch Hathaway's Flash tomorrow for sure.

The movie never got a Spanish dub, though it did an English one. Still, I am watching it in Japanese with Spanish subtitles. Referring to Newtype as "Evolucionado" (Evolved) is an interesting choice of words. I mean, that's more or less what Newtypes are, but Newtype at least is more of a proper term. Evolved is more like an adjective, haha.

Really? Very first appearance after decades where it totally could've, but didn't show up. And even then it's plotless? Well that's disappointing.

Well, the plot of Hathaway's Flash is... well, it ain't got a happy ending for Hathaway. V has Unicorn as the sole/main UC Gundam storyline, so it is curious they added Hathaway, since he didn't showed up in Unicorn anyway. My guess is that it was more for the "NCC and UC worlds diverged" angle, since in the NCC world the Hathaway's Flash plot did happen. And since they were adding Hathaway for that, then might as well give him his Gundam to use in the game.

I do recall his Xi Gundam was meant to show up in SRW 4 (though again, just the Gundam and not the novel's plot). It went unused, but it's clear they were toying with the idea of having a playable Hathaway with his Gundam since back then. His appearance in SRW EX (first time he became playable in SRW) is about how he was learning how to use Mobile Suits, but then found himself in La Gias. So they were setting that up, for sure. The fact he wouldn't be playable in F/FF only reinforces that. Though then I wonder why. They could've added the Xi instead as originally planned.

I didn't comment on this before. I didn't have high hopes for an anime expo in North America, because SRW has long been Japan-only. Yet it was still disappointing. Radio silence makes it worse. Maybe Banpresto should abandon that "We'll give you our license -but only if every one of your employees arm-wrestles each of ours' and wins every match" dare, I don't what IP it, it ain't worth the challenge.

Yeah, it's a shame. I do wonder. Unless they keep adding more and more entries to DD, it has to end at some point. If no new game comes out before DD reaches EoS...

The most mecha we got out of this expo...

Gundam-Breaker-4-Pac-Man_07-05-24-1440x8

...was this. There better be a Blinky-red Zaku II.

Well, better than nothing I guess, heh. Still, it's quite cool. XD

Even just porting the older games to newer platforms would be preferable than nothing...

Thanks for this, BTW.😉

No problem!

The West has fallen. Billions must die.

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Wz3o6ew.png

Wew

US should be glad they didn't advance it seems lol

Colombia winning the long way around.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And casual as I am, I can play Darkstalkers now. Hsien-Ko my beloved.

Get you fill of the character in their native land- a dead franchise.😀 Why Capcom has consistently refused to revive it over decades is a mystery. Though nowadays the company is narrowly-focused on which IPs to spend big bucks on, and it'd probably say "one modern 2D fighting game franchise is enough work as is". In which case, combine continuities and let Streetstalkers be the result.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf the DLC story for Arise that I never played came out last year.

Which seems to be meh from what I thought I saw the reviews saying?

One random Internet comment I saw claimed that Namco wasn't expecting Arise to be so popular, resulting in unplanned DLC that interrupted the development schedule. -Could be totally untrue though.

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

I would've enjoyed it much more if he was able to Keikaku them instead of being an absolute moron and the plot going to generic FE bleh story # 13376563 in Gen 2

You aren't alone methinks. But somehow, Kaga seems to have preferred the story of Gen 2. Although, given his remark that the final chapter is something of an epilogue with Seliph's personal story climaxing at Arvis's defeat, maybe the Cult wasn't his favorite thing either? -But he did write it in ...perhaps because it adds dramatic complications to his favorite son/hero Arvis's situation with the cursed blood and blackmail and incest and devil child?🤔

...The mind of Kaga is partially unknowable.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm getting a slightly late birthday celebration later in the afternoon, so I may only have time for CCA today, heh. But I'll watch Hathaway's Flash tomorrow for sure.

*Checks your profile* ...Sorry I didn't notice!🎂😅

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The movie never got a Spanish dub, though it did an English one. Still, I am watching it in Japanese with Spanish subtitles. Referring to Newtype as "Evolucionado" (Evolved) is an interesting choice of words. I mean, that's more or less what Newtypes are, but Newtype at least is more of a proper term. Evolved is more like an adjective, haha.

Evolved is slightly biased though? "New" doesn't have to mean "better", just "new". ...Though I suppose it's actually no different from the word "evolved", at least in English.😅 Scientifically, "more evolved" doesn't necessarily mean "better", even though in common parlance it takes on that connotation.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, the plot of Hathaway's Flash is... well, it ain't got a happy ending for Hathaway.

Zeorymer doesn't have a happy one either, MX & J didn't care.😝 And Amuro keeps not going forever MIA after the Counterattack concludes.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

V has Unicorn as the sole/main UC Gundam storyline, so it is curious they added Hathaway, since he didn't showed up in Unicorn anyway. My guess is that it was more for the "NCC and UC worlds diverged" angle, since in the NCC world the Hathaway's Flash plot did happen. And since they were adding Hathaway for that, then might as well give him his Gundam to use in the game.

I do recall his Xi Gundam was meant to show up in SRW 4 (though again, just the Gundam and not the novel's plot). It went unused, but it's clear they were toying with the idea of having a playable Hathaway with his Gundam since back then. His appearance in SRW EX (first time he became playable in SRW) is about how he was learning how to use Mobile Suits, but then found himself in La Gias. So they were setting that up, for sure. The fact he wouldn't be playable in F/FF only reinforces that. Though then I wonder why. They could've added the Xi instead as originally planned.

Interesting details.😃

Considering V was the start of the VXT trilogy, you think they could've recycled the sprites and told his story in X or T.

...Really weird that he twice gets a promising hint of showing, but prematurely fizzled out twice. So far, Hathaway's SRW fate is to be a flash in the pan.🤪 

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If no new game comes out before DD reaches EoS...

Then we get another iOS SRW set in a reborn universe.😛 Although for that to happen, Banpresto would have to decide who ended the old universe. And I'm sure that with Super Robot Wars, we have multiple choices for that event- though the only two I can name (thanks to you) are Getter Emperor and Ideon.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Checks your profile* ...Sorry I didn't notice!🎂😅

Haaa, it's fine. I was wondering when anyone would notice, pft.

Actually, no one outside my family did. Save for a single one person at work.

Evolved is slightly biased though? "New" doesn't have to mean "better", just "new". ...Though I suppose it's actually no different from the word "evolved", at least in English.😅 Scientifically, "more evolved" doesn't necessarily mean "better", even though in common parlance it takes on that connotation.

I guess. NewType isn't something that really translates well literally, so I'm guessing they went with using something else. Keeping it as NewType could've also been a thing, I suppose. But then, we're talking about subtitles.

Zeorymer doesn't have a happy one either, MX & J didn't care.😝 And Amuro keeps not going forever MIA after the Counterattack concludes.

True. Still, HF still has a very specific setup, since it requires the plot of CCA to happen, which SRW omits often enough or puts it in a way that HF can't happen anyway. Amuro being alive alone would change too much, as it is.

Interesting details.😃

Considering V was the start of the VXT trilogy, you think they could've recycled the sprites and told his story in X or T.

...Really weird that he twice gets a promising hint of showing, but prematurely fizzled out twice. So far, Hathaway's SRW fate is to be a flash in the pan.🤪 

Well, Hathaway is playable in Z3 (though with no Xi), so perhaps that too helped in why he's there again in V. As I mentioned before, V does reuse a lot of Z3's rooster.

Haha, still, much better than what happens to him in HF, for sure.

Then we get another iOS SRW set in a reborn universe.😛 Although for that to happen, Banpresto would have to decide who ended the old universe. And I'm sure that with Super Robot Wars, we have multiple choices for that event- though the only two I can name (thanks to you) are Getter Emperor and Ideon.

Another mobile game would certainly be a thing... and perhaps could actually come over this time around? It'd still be something, at least!

Haaa, it's fine. I was wondering when anyone would notice, pft.

Actually, no one outside my family did. Save for a single one person at work.

Sorry.🧎‍♂️ I generally don't check people's profiles.😅

True. Still, HF still has a very specific setup, since it requires the plot of CCA to happen, which SRW omits often enough or puts it in a way that HF can't happen anyway. Amuro being alive alone would change too much, as it is.

Interesting. -Though I won't ask for more details.😆

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even just porting the older games to newer platforms would be preferable than nothing...

Getting back to this after skipping it earlier, as I said before, we really really really should have Graces and the Xillias ported to PC/modern platforms. They're PS3, they look good enough, they're easy low-effort rereleases that could bring in some easy gald. 

Abyss would need more-intensive HD beautification, because PS2 graphics haven't aged so passably. But still, it could be done. They've done it with Symphonia. And however simplistic Abyss's combat might be, Symphonia's is even more rigid due to being the first 3D entry. And yet, Symphonia got the HD treatment.

Everything else? Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia, Destiny 2, Rebirth, Legendia, Innocence, Hearts. They're either Japan-only, or didn't catch the West's attention the way some of the aforementioned titles did. These SHOULD be made available to modern audiences, but wouldn't be as easy sells. The same could be said of Tales spinoffs.

...Yes, I left out Tempest despite it being returned to mainline status after Bamco abandoned the mother-escort divide.😛 Wikipedia cites an ancient review as putting at 12-hours long, the one Let's Play I see on YouTube for it totally backs this up. Given the leeeeeeeeeeeeeeength of Tales games, a shorter entry sounds not so bad. But "short" should be ~30 hrs, not less than half of that!😝 Tempest sounds soooooooo short, combined with its infamous reputation as a bad Tales game, my gut instinct says it could use *pulls on the surgical gloves* a total reinvention!🤪 ...Which as fun as it sounds, adding flesh to an existing barebones skeleton, would be tantamount to making a brand new game, and would therefore be no small investment.

I wouldn't mind Dawn of the New World getting the same Tempest RRRRRRRRRRRRR treatment. Lengthen the journey a little, decrease the presence of the old Symphonia cast a tad. And fill the chatting void caused by their absence with the six unseen Centurions (well, Ignis, and Ventus at least, I think their cores show up early enough? Tonitrus, Solum, and Lumen come late, I forget where Glacies falls). Was it by intent or by budgetary limitations that we only got Tenebrae and Aqua?🤨

41 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ü

Making time in my day to rec you a unit? No problem! You could run the entirety of CQ in a single day and I'd find the time for all the chapters.

-The problems are indecisiveness and considerateness.😅 I'd want to be considerate and not make things too difficult for you, and to not pick characters I would think others would want to pick for in each chapter. The indecisiveness would be deciding the specifics beyond whether or not to be considerate.😆

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd want to be considerate and not make things too difficult for you, and to not pick characters I would think others would want to pick for in each chapter. The indecisiveness would be deciding the specifics beyond whether or not to be considerate.😆

you don't need to think so much about it. Just have fun 😄 

Posted (edited)

Alright, I'm back. I do have time to watch Hathaway's Flash. This one did got a Spanish dub, I see.

Sorry.🧎‍♂️ I generally don't check people's profiles.😅

Haha, it's fine.

Getting back to this after skipping it earlier, as I said before, we really really really should have Graces and the Xillias ported to PC/modern platforms. They're PS3, they look good enough, they're easy low-effort rereleases that could bring in some easy gald. 

Abyss would need more-intensive HD beautification, because PS2 graphics haven't aged so passably. But still, it could be done. They've done it with Symphonia. And however simplistic Abyss's combat might be, Symphonia's is even more rigid due to being the first 3D entry. And yet, Symphonia got the HD treatment.

Indeed.

Everything else? Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia, Destiny 2, Rebirth, Legendia, Innocence, Hearts. They're either Japan-only, or didn't catch the West's attention the way some of the aforementioned titles did. These SHOULD be made available to modern audiences, but wouldn't be as easy sells. The same could be said of Tales spinoffs.

Maybe, but old games have been put up to be bought, despite being, well, old.

I do recall SE putting the old GB Saga games (the Final Fantasy Legends ones) on Steam, despite 2 and 3 having more modern versions (well, they were released on DS, but then they had no problem porting the DS versions of FFIII and FFIV to moblie/PC). Granted, they probably do have more selling power than the old Tales games.

...Yes, I left out Tempest despite it being returned to mainline status after Bamco abandoned the mother-escort divide.😛 Wikipedia cites an ancient review as putting at 12-hours long, the one Let's Play I see on YouTube for it totally backs this up. Given the leeeeeeeeeeeeeeength of Tales games, a shorter entry sounds not so bad. But "short" should be ~30 hrs, not less than half of that!😝 Tempest sounds soooooooo short, combined with its infamous reputation as a bad Tales game, my gut instinct says it could use *pulls on the surgical gloves* a total reinvention!🤪 ...Which as fun as it sounds, adding flesh to an existing barebones skeleton, would be tantamount to making a brand new game, and would therefore be no small investment.

I wouldn't mind Dawn of the New World getting the same Tempest RRRRRRRRRRRRR treatment. Lengthen the journey a little, decrease the presence of the old Symphonia cast a tad. And fill the chatting void caused by their absence with the six unseen Centurions (well, Ignis, and Ventus at least, I think their cores show up early enough? Tonitrus, Solum, and Lumen come late, I forget where Glacies falls). Was it by intent or by budgetary limitations that we only got Tenebrae and Aqua?🤨

That reminds me how they didn't re-release DotNW. They did it for the PS3 port alongside Symphonia, but not for further Symphonia ports.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So apparently the Dodgers were getting their shit kicked in the whole game but then Gawr Gura singed and the Dodgers sweeped the other team.

There are official MLB Gawr Gura baseball cards.

There was a light show.

What does the 65 year old  suburban boomer who took his grandkids to the game think about this? How confused was he?

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

which case, combine continuities and let Streetstalkers be the result

That is Puzzle Fighter and Gem Fighter tbf.