Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Posted (edited)

And now Cruising Tom shouts Great Balls of Fire. Now it makes me wonder. Is this truly from the original Japanese text or was it something added by the translation?

Anyway, he flees as well. The Nadia gang will be sticking around, not having any better choice, as it were. The conversation back at camp does veer about whether they can all return to their own worlds, with Himiko pointing it is doable. lol Shibaraku calls back to Monja Village to confirm, once again using a phone. Still, seems it can't be done right away, at least for the Nadia gang. As it requires the power of Mt. Sokai, so... yeah, with the rainbow grayed out, it's just not happening. So now they have more of a reason to help Wataru out. At this Kurama comes back, his cover still not blown. And all the while, Nadia seems quite unhappy with the state of things...

Heh, neat. Hanson seems to hit it off with Spero, as he too seems to be the researcher type, a Man of Science, as Sanson puts it. Hanson even brings up Clarke's Third Law regarding being accepting of magic. Wait, Nadia Secret of Blue Water takes place in the 19th century, Clarke hasn't even born yet! Well, okay, a fantasy take of the 19th century (Neo Atlantis being a thing is pretty much a given), so anything goes I guess.

Hmm, I think I'll stop here for tonight. Will resume tomorrow.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Tangent caused by a food metaphor over

All good. I am always positively surprised by your love/passion for history and how you always manage to talk about in unexpected ways 😄

I hope you can find ways to channel that in a positive way in your life 😉

Also since i have one or the other arabic wedding i was invited to behind me, it can defo get pretty chaotic during food time xD (I don't mean that in a negative way kek)

Edited by Codename Shrimp

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And @Saint Rubenio, looks like Brady Games did a guidebook for Covenant. I have no idea how the quality of the advice is, I've never seen this before, maybe it says "Roienbourg will keel over if you as much as look at him", but the guide existed. That's all I'm saying.😀 

Ohh, I'm aware, actually! It sadly does not warn of Roienbourg's godlike might, to my knowledge, but that's where I got this.

5H3qKuqg_o.png

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

All good. I am always positively surprised by your love/passion for history and how you always manage to talk about in unexpected ways 😄

I was just parroting the info I found on the Internet in some reputable videos is all.😅

I hope you can find ways to channel that in a positive way in your life 😉

I know how autistic it is to go on & on like that, some would also say that's a behavior of children that adults grow out of. -But it does spark joy in me.😆 

...And it has now been ten days in a row as of this morning where I've woken up with my heart beating at a pace in some measure accelerated, that depressive fear that won't leave me. Whilst I'm still too worried that I can't enjoy playing video games, so I haven't. Wordy chatter I can still do, and suppressing the intrinsic anxiety it does.

Also since i have one or the other arabic wedding i was invited to behind me, it can defo get pretty chaotic during food time xD (I don't mean that in a negative way kek)

Interesting. Does the old "no talking, only eating" rule still apply?😛 -Living an experience like that must be fun!😀 One thing to learn secondhand, another to partake of in the first.😄

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohh, I'm aware, actually! It sadly does not warn of Roienbourg's godlike might, to my knowledge, but that's where I got this.

5H3qKuqg_o.png

Indeed, he is unimaginably better.😛

I didn't realize that. Whoops.😅

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

some would also say that's a behavior of children that adults grow out of.

Bah, fuck that kind of thinking - do what you enjoy man.

This whole "only kids do that" is bullshit that needs to die.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does the old "no talking, only eating" rule still apply?😛

>Weddings
>No talking

Hah! But well, if you focus too much on talking you won't have any food to eat as the weddings get BIG xD

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

some would also say that's a behavior of children that adults grow out of.

37 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Indeed, he is unimaginably better.😛

Never forget, this is the game that contains an elderly power couple consisting of a 60 year old bare-fisted brawler and a 50 year old lady armed with a crossbow bigger than herself, and I still rank this bastard above them. That took some talent. Even if it took the sacrifice of his shoes, which were never the same.

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't realize that. Whoops.😅

All good. You reminded me of it, which is always welcome.

Dental appointments: that most serious of adult things.

That and panicing because you nearly screwed yourself over because you wanted to clarify some things and the staff involved wouldn't get to it for 3 months.

Also, been playing Zero Mission from the start again, Kraid was fine when I realised what I should be doing (died once), not looking forward to Ridley. Or apparently the emulation device deleting saves between system restarts, have to figure that one out. @Saint Rubenio Especially as Covenant of the Plume runs, so I'd like my saves to keep.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The entire ethnic history of Liberia/Liberant (however you want to translate it) was relayed to Holmes by "Priest Law"*, Katri's adoptive father who Maerhen rescued, in a single conversation-actually-a-lecture. -It was as inorganically exposition-dumped as it could've been.😛 

I know Holmes is in ways smarter than he lets on, but one may be surprised to know that he didn't fall asleep during class that time.😴

*Quotation marks b/c somewhere, I forget (probably the ending?), it's stated that Law died (he was mentioned as "on death's doorstep" when Maerhen found him) and it's actually Sage Gotoh Morse occupying the priest's body, a Lewyn-Forseti situation.

Since this is a very wise man who has lived a very long time, his historical demographic breakdown is probably accurate. Maybe he could resolve the "Huns = Xiongnu?" mystery.😛🤓

Well, Loptyr is a power-hungry dragon from Archanea. If that is your god -whose soul endures within a tome so it ain't like he long gone- then the Mairans were always wrong. We're told Julius was a nice boy before he got the naughty book, he is additional proof that it's the god, not the vicar of the god, that's the problem with the Loptyr religion. Maira should've gotten his Loptyr blood expelled and replaced by Medeusan blood, a factually good Earth Dragon. There, religion fixed.

Gerxel being Tiki who coincidentally is also the Goddess-Mother of Yutona and ancestral blood donor to the priestesses, made for a far better revelation that doesn't invalidate peaceful Gerxelian beliefs.

Good point. Julia could've done something with her relevance before the kidnapping, other than serve as a receiver for Naga's one-off Ishtar warning.

...Does the country-size chapters work against Genealogy here? If we had the usual small-scale chapters, would be less awkward/easier to weave in interactions between the children of Deidre.

-I mean, if it's Law (as the ending does pretty much state if I recall correctly), he's more likely to have the situation to mind than anyone else still alive that's for sure. I'd clearly forgotten the Salian part of it.

-People being wrong on their god when they've been fed the idea that it's that or get hunted down by the oppressive state is probably not the first priority if you were actually to face that scenario in practice I'd argue. As for the Gerxel bit, how many would actually get the bit of info that would recontextualise everything? Just a thought I'm having on that. How would this be passed on by the Kalb Killer Krew afterwards?

-I feel like it'd be something to consider based on what the game actually ends up as, but in terms of interactions, you already are in range of Ishtar to fight her (I mean, you also usually are with Arione buuuuuut you can just skip him) so distance is less of a factor if they're fine with the dissonance that would likely come from how par they might actually be (and chances are IS would be fine with that)

14 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

pBJJfsO.jpeg

There're 2 Bahamuts?

14 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

True that. If a nintendo writing team was actually trying to make a colonial allegory they'd make the colonists the protagonists and the token indigenous character have a one-note personality that's just their home culture, as well as being somewhat disinterested in independence.

Petra being a hostage of Adrestisa is certainly barely acknowledged.

You could go into the dynamic of someone who has been raised for a significant chunk of time outside of their homeland (that they associate with) and how their relationships with leadership figures in that captive nation would shape how she perceived matters and supposedly accepts Edelgard as a person despite her being heir to the nation that invaded and how that shapes her relationship to both.

14 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Waiting on coalition formation before I get excited.

12 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Is what i would've said, but apparently the real game starts now, so i won't say much... I didn't even unlock half the characters yet lol. That said, fun action, cool characters, and story that's really only there to make the game work and as an ad for the gacha. The game really does work to interest peeps in the main game, but sadly for the game and fortunately for me, i don't gacha - but i can see why people like it. The characters seem cool, and the world seems interesting.

Wait, the game is itself an ad.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think there comes a point where one has to accept that outcome. Not to mention the pragmatism of it. Best to have easy access to some of the larger nation's power and resources at your disposal by being part of it, than having to fare on your own. No need to worry for stuff like tariffs, after all. Specially if you weren't a big or powerful nation to begin with.

Which yes, it becomes a bigger concern in wanting to have the proper level of representation and autonomy, but without wanting to break off. Which is certainly the case for a situation like Puerto Rico. They enjoy certain perks by being a territory. Statehood would give them some stuff... but also take away others. Hence why the topic is divisive to this day.

Regarding Brigid. Basically, if Petra was recruited (or was part of your initial party to begin with), then Brigid becomes independent. This happens even in Crimson Flower. The only time Petra shows acceptance of Adrestian rule over Brigid, is in AM/VW if you never recruit her. Even then, it feels it's more because of Edelgard herself that she's willing to put up with it.

That's the thing with Petra to me anyway, she does speak about seeing a freer Brigid, but in the context of the conflict she's in she seems to frame her involvement in the Fodlan war as a step towards that. It feels off to me, but it doesn't help I'm comparing it to a much worse example (as in, the person seeking independence through using that other war by having those people of his country fight for them as he doesn't fight in it)

As for discussing independence movements and the influence of more powerful nations upon even independent countries, I'm not touching the powder keg today.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Think of it like an Ottoman banquet.🤓 In the Islamic world, up to and including the late Ottoman Empire, the grand dinners for a great audience were both similar and different from what Europeans engaged in through the same centuries.

Similar, in that you would be presented with soooooooo many dishes, that you'd be expected to only eat a bite or three of everything presented before you. (Islamic dinner etiquette also said you shouldn't hog all of one dish, or eat all of the best parts of it, nor reach across the table for a distant delicacy, all rude.)

Different, in that Islamic banquets would unfold not as you'd expect it. You'd start with appetizers, then dinners, then desserts ...then dinner again, and more dessert?, and how about another round of appetizers, and some more dinner, then maybe extra appetizers, and why not desert once more! It got "chaotic".😆 In the Ottoman era, one purported constant in this sequence-shattering mealtime was that every banquet would end in pilaf. European feasts from William the Conqueror's court to the Titanic could be expected to always strictly abide by the sequence of apps-dins-'serts. (Though in the Medieval and Early Modern eras, sweet and savory in a single dish that was also say meaty and spice-laden, was normal in Europe. 17th-century French haute cuisine is what began refining meals to sweet or savory, with a focus on fewer flavors in each dish and bringing those select flavors out more, and relegating sweet to desserts.) 

Bit more chaotic that with the bringing out dishes as the host pleased I suppose. Certainly not experienced with that. And yet no second breakfast, Pippin would be sad.

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know how autistic it is to go on & on like that, some would also say that's a behavior of children that adults grow out of. -But it does spark joy in me.😆 

c'est une joie en vie, n'est pas?

Just, felt like saying it in French I guess.

44 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Plenty of stuff that only adults do that's pretty bullshit as well. Plenty of those out there who left the wrong stuff behind in their childhoods and wouldn't bring it with them beyond. Pretty sure it applies to me too, likely not all for the better.

I was originally going to quote CS Lewis on it, but I realised I'd misremembered it and it was much longer.

Spoiler

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - The one thing I agree with CS Lewis on for sure.

44 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

>Weddings
>No talking

Hah! But well, if you focus too much on talking you won't have any food to eat as the weddings get BIG xD

We talking 3 figures?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Or apparently the emulation device deleting saves between system restarts, have to figure that one out. @Saint Rubenio Especially as Covenant of the Plume runs, so I'd like my saves to keep.

That is very unfortunate. Yeah you do want your save to stay there so you can unlock the postgame.

37 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Petra being a hostage of Adrestisa is certainly barely acknowledged.

Solidarity between Irish and Mayans in agreeing that Petra deserved better.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Dental appointments: that most serious of adult things.

I get it.🙂

Also, been playing Zero Mission from the start again, Kraid was fine when I realised what I should be doing (died once), not looking forward to Ridley.

Zero Mission is on the easy side for bosses. It's one thing where Fusion has the advantage.

Or apparently the emulation device deleting saves between system restarts, have to figure that one out.

That's relatable. For Boktai 2 alone, my current emulator has refused to save the game (I relied on save states instead). Which I eventually realized meant that I wouldn't be able to fight Shade Man from Mega Man Battle Network (Hideo Kojima saw Battle Network, wanted to make a kids' game himself afterwards, friendly relations allowed for Capcom and Konami to agree to crossovering in the later Boktais and Battle Networks) after defeating the final boss.

As for the Gerxel bit, how many would actually get the bit of info that would recontextualise everything? Just a thought I'm having on that. How would this be passed on by the Kalb Killer Krew afterwards?

The knowledge likely wouldn't become widespread, true. Though it's still relevant for the player/the game's general depiction of the divided minority religion.

-I feel like it'd be something to consider based on what the game actually ends up as, but in terms of interactions, you already are in range of Ishtar to fight her (I mean, you also usually are with Arione buuuuuut you can just skip him)

I forget how C8 feels, but Ishy comes right at you, there is but one tile over the river, northeastern Thracia isn't that big, there's the chance you didn't promote Seliph yet. How does one actually work around her? As deadly as she is, fighting Ishtar seems like it takes less effort.

Bit more chaotic that with the bringing out dishes as the host pleased I suppose. Certainly not experienced with that.

On the bright side- not having all your appetizers/dinners/desserts all at once could keep the palette alive. Continually rotating between savory, sweet and what else, could result in them continually cutting through each other. Your tastebuds could never become oversaturated of one flavor.

c'est une joie en vie, n'est pas?

Just, felt like saying it in French I guess.

Nothing wrong with that. It adds a certain... je ne sais quoi.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

They're further than they were, so that's nice. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is very unfortunate. Yeah you do want your save to stay there so you can unlock the postgame.

Just to not have to worry about not fully turning the system off would be good. Need to figure out that one. But first Zero Mission.

(Shame 6th gen is out of reach for this little thing, lots of potential games here, especially with my lack of experience with Xbox at all)

12 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

ye

Sometimes 4 even

Okay, 1,000 is actually pretty significant that's a town.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Solidarity between Irish and Mayans in agreeing that Petra deserved better.

When I say that, I mainly go on about the political ramifications don't go into it in depth, or how she's treated by those outside the supports, which are going to colour the perspective by being with people she can get along with.

Deserving better does at least imply there was something there to wish better for, so that's something

That's relatable. For Boktai 2 alone, my current emulator has refused to save the game. Which I eventually realized meant that I wouldn't be able to fight Shade Man from Mega Man Battle Network (Hideo Kojima saw Battle Network, wanted to make a kids' game himself afterwards, friendly relations allowed for Capcom and Konami to agree to crossovering in the later Boktais and Battle Networks) after defeating the final boss.

Little surprised by that. Is it just that one?

I forget how C8 feels, but Ishy comes right at you, there is but one tile over the river, northeastern Thracia isn't that big, there's the chance you didn't promote Seliph yet. How does one actually work around her? As deadly as she is, fighting Ishtar seems like it takes less effort.

Yeah, I feel even if you promoted Seliph by then she's not the same level of threat that would require you to skip anyway and there's enough set up behind her to encourage just fighting her besides.

Also you have Ares and Faval (inheritance depending) who can both be capable with not much effort even ignoring Seliph. There's more potential options for Arione, but also more risk if you get him too low.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the bright side- not having all your appetizers/dinners/desserts all at once could keep the palette alive. Continually rotating between savory, sweet and what else, could result in them continually cutting through each other. Your tastebuds could never become oversaturated of one flavor.

Let me drown in the gravy

19 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

>Yandere Swordmaster

Was not on my Postgame bingo

In before BlaB remake with romancable Karel

Hmm that funny deer girl show looks neat.

>AI subtitles 

Mrs. Obama, it's been an honor.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wait, the game is itself an ad.

They want you to play the gacha.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Zero Mission is on the easy side for bosses

Except the black Space Pirate fuckers. Unironically one of the hardest enemies in the series.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Except the black Space Pirate fuckers.

Jump onto the top left ledge and space it so he climbs up and shoots diagonally away all of the time, basically an A.I abuse tactic but oh well!

Note: he should be hanging right at the top of the ledge, but never climb up it.

Edited by Lightcosmo

Okay, thanks to the Sapphire Brooch and a +2000ATK Long Sword, I could defeat the Crystal Mammoth 2 (another? Where the heck are the 1 versions, then? The Sharance Maze?). I've reached Rune Prana 4.

However, I still need to craft stuff... and really need to level up my forging level. Why must the Turnip's Miracle drop rate be so low. Man, even with the Happy Ring and a 4-Leaf Clover...

The Quiz Contest is coming up next. Haaa, that will be fun.

Why did I have no trouble with Ridley? Literally just wailed on him to win, no need for Super Missiles, that felt wrong.

Maybe I should have tried to face him on 4 bars and with just few enough missiles that I may have ran out as I tried out or curiosity earlier.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Except the black Space Pirate fuckers. Unironically one of the hardest enemies in the series.

>Me, getting swamped by just under half a dozen metroids:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExZms2OHluYmNtaWczZ2tsZ3JuM2ZjbG5ldjc1YW1ocXlqdWJndDhmaCZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/zhzGSGf5Vs69qCBoWB/giphy.webp

Hmm that funny deer girl show looks neat.

>AI subtitles 

Mrs. Obama, it's been an honor.

Took a look, it's shitpost elements (intentionally using CG deer, for instance) are all that stand out imo.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Jump onto the top left ledge and space it so he climbs up and shoots diagonally away all of the time, basically an A.I abuse tactic but oh well!

Note: he should be hanging right at the top of the ledge, but never climb up it.

Thanks for the future tip, just in Tourian.

Posted (edited)

At the time of Shakespeare's death in 1616, only half of his ~37 plays were published. Seven years after his death, two of Shakespeare's friends/actors/Globe Theatre shareholders (John Heminges and Henry Condell, published the famed first First Folio that contained the entire corpus of Shakespeare's theatrical works. Without them, it is possible that Julius Caesar, Antony and Cleopatra, The Tempest, Measure for MeasureTwelfth Night, The Winter's Tale, and Macbeth would have been forever lost from humanity's cultural record.📖🔥

-I coughed for two minutes when I read that.🤯 I don't normally do that. To learn the assumption was in Shakespeare's lifetime that the popularity of his works would die when he did, as it would've been with any other playwright. The first playwright to have all their tragedies, comedies, and histories put into a printed book, not a bad choice for that historical first.

...I didn't visit Washington DC last month like I was thinking I would. And I'm kinda glad that didn't now.😅 Sitting outside, trying to overcome the melancholic worry I wouldn't be able to enjoy reading and that the lack of stimuli or perhaps the topics would drive me into depressive thoughts, I began chipping at my reading backlog today.

While I was already planning to visit it, I had no real knowledge of the story behind the Folger Shakespeare Library in DC, but Smithsonian did a nice story last month on the library and its founder (his and his wife's ashes stored in the building). The world's largest collection of Shakespeare memorabilia isn't in England, homeland of the Bard of Stratford-upon-Avon, but the USA!🇺🇸😛 No more than 750 copies of the First Folio were printed, 500 of which are now gone, only ~235 remain, only 40 of which are still in original condition. The Folger Shakespeare Library owns an unrivaled 82 of these copies, which are now all on display together for the first time in history.

The plans are now to visit DC in September. Still before E Day and avoiding the peak of summer. Though I have not read very much Shakespeare (watched the 1940s movie version of Henry V in college, high school threw R&J, Julius Caesar, Macbeth, and Hamlet at me, watched recorded livestream of the opera adaptation of Othello), I'm kinda psyched to see the Folger now (which finished major renovations only last month).😆 

@Codename Shrimp If you ever consider paying Washington DC a visit, If political tragedy befalls this country, well I'd totally get it that if that would dissuade you from visiting the nation's capital. Though DC itself will probably always be ideologically blue. And you could say you're visiting for the glories of the past, not the terrible present. do consider putting the Folger Shakespeare Library on your itinerary. Though I would understand if you didn't, as you're already none too far from 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 if you wanted to Bard-out. Plus, DC already has enough museums, monuments & memorials, and other places of interest to see.🤓:KnollRoll: 

The Folger Shakespear Library is like two blocks away from the Supreme Court building and one block from the Library of Congress. ...Speaking of Congress, the Capitol is very close by too, walk a little west of that to reach the US Botanic Garden, then a few steps west from that is the National Museum of the American Indian, and thus you'd be entering the Smithsonian-laden center of the National Mall. You'd have American Indian, the National Air & Space Museum to the west of that, then turn north to the National Gallery of Art (oddly a non-Smithsonian; Western art), walk a few stops north off the National Mall to the US National Archives, head back south to the Hirshhorn (contemporary art) Museum, walk west of that to the Free-Sackler Galleries (African and Asian art), strolling past the Smithsonian Castle visitor center, head north from there to Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, take three steps west to the Smithsonian Museum of American History... 😵  ...By the time you've amputated your feet at the northwest corner of the museums at the National Museum of African American History and Culture, you'll be within walking distance of the Washington Monument (...and why is there a German-American Friendship Garden a little to the north of it?😆). After that, the US Holocaust Memorial Museum is just south of the National Mall at that location, or you could head west of the Washington Monument to the WWII Memorial at the east end of the big Reflecting Pool, you can head southwest of WWII to reach the MLK Jr. Memorial, then northwest from there to the west end of the Reflecting Pool to the Lincoln Memorial, passing by the Korean War Memorial in the process, and then go northeast of Lincoln Memorial to the Vietnam War Memorial. ...And then you'd be done with the National Mall!😃

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Little surprised by that. Is it just that one?

That doesn't save? Yep. Maybe it has something to do with the Solar Sensor patch? Because you need one to play Boktai on an emulator.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you ever consider paying Washington DC a visit

I plan to. I hope in the next couple of years i can so my first visit to the new world (although it's looking like Canada might get first pass at his majesty the Emperor of the Shrimps)

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

do consider putting the Folger Shakespeare Library on your itinerary

👍

I just hope i remember by the time i go there

Edited by Codename Shrimp

God, if you're listening....

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Took a look, it's shitpost elements (intentionally using CG deer, for instance) are all that stand out imo.

I mean yeah that's what it is. A shit post anime. Like Pop Team Epic or Gal & Dino.

3 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

plan to. I hope in the next couple of years i can so my first visit to the new world (although it's looking like Canada might get first pass at his majesty the Emperor of the Shrimps)

Toronto/New York combo would go hard (I have never been to Canada).

The Quiz Contest is so funny. Between being able to push the other contestants outside the answer zone, or the fact characters can get wrong questions about themselves. XD

Ah, so amusing...

Brained Mother, proceed to have to play without the chozo armour.

Fucking pirates man.

Also, the devs wanted to play with stealth a bunch at the time considering this and Fusion were both GBA.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At the time of Shakespeare's death in 1616, only half of his ~37 plays were published. Seven years after his death, two of Shakespeare's friends/actors/Globe Theatre shareholders (John Heminges and Henry Condell, published the famed first First Folio that contained the entire corpus of Shakespeare's theatrical works. Without them, it is possible that Julius Caesar, Antony and Cleopatra, The Tempest, Measure for MeasureTwelfth Night, The Winter's Tale, and Macbeth would have been forever lost from humanity's cultural record.📖🔥

-I coughed for two minutes when I read that.🤯 I don't normally do that. To learn the assumption was in Shakespeare's lifetime that the popularity of his works would die when he did, as it would've been with any other playwright. The first playwright to have all their tragedies, comedies, and histories put into a printed book, not a bad choice for that historical first.

There's a fair few who have been lost to time, I suppose they saw the merit of it in the latter half of his life.

With a good chunk of the plays of the time being pirated by audience members taking down the play/remembering it to tell afterwards, maybe there was a pragmatic element to it as well that there might as well be this avenue too, especially when enforcing the performance copyright would probably be a bit harder at the time. And sure, people listening in and taking down notes may have been the camera in the cinema method but with what tools they had, but there are limits to such answers.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I didn't visit Washington DC last month like I was thinking I would. And I'm kinda glad that didn't now.😅 Sitting outside, trying to overcome the melancholic worry I wouldn't be able to enjoy reading and that the lack of stimuli or perhaps the topics would drive me into depressive thoughts, I began chipping at my reading backlog today.

While I was already planning to visit it, I had no real knowledge of the story behind the Folger Shakespeare Library in DC, but Smithsonian did a nice story last month on the library and its founder (his and his wife's ashes stored in the building). The world's largest collection of Shakespeare memorabilia isn't in England, homeland of the Bard of Stratford-upon-Avon, but the USA!🇺🇸😛 No more than 750 copies of the First Folio were printed, 500 of which are now gone, only ~235 remain, only 40 of which are still in original condition. The Folger Shakespeare Library owns an unrivaled 82 of these copies, which are now all on display together for the first time in history.

The plans are now to visit DC in September. Still before E Day and avoiding the peak of summer. Though I have not read very much Shakespeare (watched the 1940s movie version of Henry V in college, high school threw R&J, Julius Caesar, Macbeth, and Hamlet at me, watched recorded livestream of the opera adaptation of Othello), I'm kinda psyched to see the Folger now (which finished major renovations only last month).😆 

@Codename Shrimp If you ever consider paying Washington DC a visit, If political tragedy befalls this country, well I'd totally get it that if that would dissuade you from visiting the nation's capital. Though DC itself will probably always be ideologically blue. And you could say you're visiting for the glories of the past, not the terrible present. do consider putting the Folger Shakespeare Library on your itinerary. Though I would understand if you didn't, as you're already none too far from 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 if you wanted to Bard-out. Plus, DC already has enough museums, monuments & memorials, and other places of interest to see.🤓:KnollRoll: 

The Folger is like two blocks away from the Supreme Court building and one block the Library of Congress. ...Speaking of Congress, the Capitol is very close by too, walk a little west of that to reach the US Botanic Garden, then a few steps west from that is the National Museum of the American Indian, and thus you'd be entering the Smithsonian-laden center of the National Mall. You'd have American Indian, National Air & Space to the west of that, then turn north to the National Gallery of Art (oddly a non-Smithsonian), walk a few stops north off the National Mall to the US National Archives, head back south to the Hirshhorn (contemporary art) Museum, walk west of that to the Free-Sackler Galleries (African and Asian art), strolling past the Smithsonian Castle visitor center, head north from there to Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, take three steps west to the Smithsonian Museum of American History... 😵  ...By the time you've amputated your feet at the northwest corner of the museums at the National Museum of African American History and Culture, you'll be within walking distance of the Washington Monument (...and why is there a German-American Friendship Garden a little to the north of it?😆). After that, the US Holocaust Memorial Museum is just south of the National Mall at that location, or you could head west of the Washington Monument to the WWII Memorial at the east end of the big Reflecting Pool, you can head southwest of WWII to reach the MLK Jr. Memorial, then northwest from there to the west end of the Reflecting Pool to the Lincoln Memorial, passing by the Korean War Memorial in the process, and then go northeast of Lincoln Memorial to the Vietnam War Memorial. ...And then you'd be done with the National Mall!😃

Man, there's a good chunk there. I knew nothing of it.

(Should do that next time instead of what happened when I went over this year)

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean yeah that's what it is. A shit post anime. Like Pop Team Epic or Gal & Dino.

It still doesn't feel like it's delivering much at all on it's other elements, I feel like Pop Team Epic probably did a little better there from what I'd know of the two.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If political tragedy befalls this country, well I'd totally get it that if that would dissuade you from visiting the nation's capital. Though DC itself will probably always be ideologically blue. And you could say you're visiting for the glories of the past, not the terrible present.

And that's why the GOP will forever stonewall their statehood chances.

On the flip side, you could recreate Fallout 3

IaP4SCc.jpeg

>million
>chump change

Toronto/New York combo would go hard (I have never been to Canada).

that's one of the options in consideration yup