• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Also make Armors able use every physical weapon type unpromoted and promote them into Jugdral Barons, able to use every weapon.

Could make for fun units...

That could work, I think? 

IS please reinsert Master Knight Into the games 10/10 would be the most fun class. Xd

47 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Also make Armors able use every physical weapon type unpromoted and promote them into Jugdral Barons, able to use every weapon.

Could make for fun units...

Don't forget to enhance their armor by including a subsurface lining of pure Floatstone! All the knight has to do is ignite the magic "no flames -just pure heat- bonfire stone" stored on their person to emit sufficient warmth so as to cause the Floatstone to become temporarily agitated to the point that it emits creates enough lift to counter the weight of the armor and then some. It's not enough to enable flight, but it allows the knight to jump high and slowly return to the ground as if they were operating in a low-gravity environment. This you could call "hovering", and should be sufficient to allow the knight to cross stretches of forest, swamp, and hills in a few low-effort leaps. As it does not involve wings or true flight, they needn't fear arrows either.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't forget to enhance their armor by including a subsurface lining of pure Floatstone! All the knight has to do is ignite the magic "no flames -just pure heat- bonfire stone" stored on their person to emit sufficient warmth so as to cause the Floatstone to become temporarily agitated to the point that it emits creates enough lift to counter the weight of the armor and then some. It's not enough to enable flight, but it allows the knight to jump high and slowly return to the ground as if they were operating in a low-gravity environment. This you could call "hovering", and should be sufficient to allow the knight to cross stretches of forest, swamp, and hills in a few low-effort leaps. As it does not involve wings or true flight, they needn't fear arrows either.

Alteisen Riese called, it wants its schtick back.

Armor so bulky and heavy it needs a Minovsky Craft (Tesla Drive in the OGverse) just to stay stabilized. Though then they can equip a second one and finally fly. lol

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I know a guy for that.

Real discreet, too...

Yeah, and he happens to like Berwick Saga. What are the chances...

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

I have been converted to the FE3 cult, you might say.

tenor_8.gif

Btw, Book 2 was the original FE6 in a story-sense kinda, and this includes getting all the legendary magical items to get the true end. I remember some of them being kinda not straightforward so I suggest looking up the Starsphere Shard locations.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

By the way, you have to complete Book 1 with no deaths to unlock book 2.

You can literally start Book 2 without ever doing Book 1. Book 1 is just a bonus tbh.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alteisen Riese called, it wants its schtick back.

Armor so bulky and heavy it needs a Minovsky Craft (Tesla Drive in the OGverse) just to stay stabilized. Though then they can equip a second one and finally fly. lol

One, I loves me my Alt,. and two, I wasn't thinking of that when I wrote that.

Although I've been told it's mediocre, I can't help but glimpse at a certain game, and there is a movement type there called "hover", which doesn't mean a high Move stat, but it does get around some cumbersome terrain. Sounds like a slightly too powerful solution for armor units' mobility problems without turning them into wyverns. 

Though, you do remind of the RyuKoOh. Flight without great mobility, albeit it can instantly swap to KoRyuOh for when you gotta go places in water/heavy terrain. Big and bulky doesn't always equate to immobile in SRW I see. -Provided you've got a high mobility transformation or Accel that is, a post-movement attack with some range also counteracts low move issues.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I remember some of them being kinda not straightforward so I suggest looking up the Starsphere Shard locations.

I'll do that for him:

Taurus 3  Ryuke
Gemini 5 Toras
Aquarius 6 Samuto
Cancer 6 Lang
Libra 6 Chest
Scorpio 7 Thief
Leo 8 Thief
Sagittarius 8 George
Virgo 9 Minerva
Capricorn 9 Chest
Aries 10 Ellerean
Pisces 12 Chest

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One, I loves me my Alt,. and two, I wasn't thinking of that when I wrote that.

Although I've been told it's mediocre, I can't help but glimpse at a certain game, and there is a movement type there called "hover", which doesn't mean a high Move stat, but it does get around some cumbersome terrain. Sounds like a slightly too powerful solution for armor units' mobility problems without turning them into wyverns. 

Though, you do remind of the RyuKoOh. Flight without great mobility, albeit it can instantly swap to KoRyuOh for when you gotta go places in water/heavy terrain. Big and bulky doesn't always equate to immobile in SRW I see. -Provided you've got a high mobility transformation or Accel that is, a post-movement attack with some range also counteracts low move issues.

Haha, still, was quite a similar premise.

SRW does have the Hover movement type in quite a few games. Sometimes built-in, but can be acquire with an equipment part, not unlike Minovsky Crafts that allow flight.

True. Though as originally conceived, Super Robots were meant to be the bulky and slow types. Mazinger Z ain't the Iron Fortress for nothing. Though yeah, sometimes bulk doesn't mean low mobility.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I doubt this holds any ill portend for you, and yours. Odd as this sounds its very common for loving spouses to follow their partners in the 1-3 year span after their deaths, thanks to the stress of heartbreak exacerbating all kinds of medical issues.

I have to admit the curse has been gone way longer.

The curse started on the day when I joined this forum.  Two hours later after joining I received the message from my parents my grandma has been passed. I had an extreme close relation to her since she raised me in my young days since my parents were fully occupied. This caused me massive depressions I could somehow recover till the next shocking news came. One year later my mom had an aneurysm (when I played FE4) which made her a heavy care case for the rest of her life. One of my aunts has been in a really bad shape too lately (dementia at less than 60). Overall since I've been here my family has been cursed, but I always got up, and it will never change until I will have to bite the dust.

11 hours ago, Benice said:

I'm so sorry that these last few years have been so tough...

It's ok!

I lied on the ground several time and cried, but I always got up!

Of course I'm not feeling well right now for the funeral (swollen bronchia), but since it will be only the funeral itself and no funeral service, it should turn out fine hopefully.

I will cry today for sure.

2 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

It's ok!

I lied on the ground several time and cried, but I always got up!

Of course I'm not feeling well right now for the funeral (swollen bronchia), but since it will be only the funeral itself and no funeral service, it should turn out fine hopefully.

I will cry today for sure.

There’s nothing wrong with crying!

Like you said, just always get back up. Crying can be cathartic.

I mean, I doubt you meant anything was wrong with it, but still. Take care of yourself!

Hmm... I can't decide if I should go with

• VW HArd (actually reading supports this time)
  • VW Maddening
  • SS Hard
  • AM Hard
  • CF Maddening

Agh...Decisions, decisions...Any suggestions? I currently lean towards VW Maddening 'cause I wanna do VW right and I know when most of the ambush spawns show up now. I think.

Also I smell like cod right now and it concerns me.

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I am of the opinion that FEs 1-3 really dont have anything to offer sides maybe FE2s wild mechanics that Echoes dissapointingly left out.

Other than that, I doubt I'd ever play them.

What wild mechanics?

Just now, Benice said:

Hmm... I can't decide if I should go with

• VW HArd (actually reading supports this time)
  • VW Maddening
  • SS Hard
  • AM Hard
  • CF Maddening

Agh...Decisions, decisions...Any suggestions? I currently lean towards VW Maddening 'cause I wanna do VW right and I know when most of the ambush spawns show up now. I think.

CF Maddening because CF is the only route that is actually different gameplay-wise and no Reuinon at Dawn.

Considering you've already done VW, I recommend replaying it right now.

What wild mechanics?

Things like the speed ring capping speed and granting...What, +5 to mov or something? Stuff like that. Angel ring is also broken, capping luck and making you pick up two stats every time you get that stat from a level up. (So, you get +2 strength every time your strength growth triggers.) 

And infinte warp, which is kind of self-explanatory.

Considering you've already done VW, I recommend replaying it right now.

Guess I'll do that! Thanks for the advice!

And, uh, there's no wiggle room for memeing, is there? Not even for one unit?

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

What wild mechanics?

When you have the angel ring with you, the character holding it gets +2 to each stat when leveling up instead of 1. 

The speed ring maxes your speed stat and gives MOV+5 I believe?

The mage ring gives more range. Stuff like that.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

CF Maddening because CF is the only route that is actually different gameplay-wise and no Reuinon at Dawn.

My thoughts are the same plus the girls are hawt

*ahem* Support recommendations (if you still want to read them):

Edelgard x Hanneman

Linhardt x Dorothea

Ferdinand x Dorothea

Byleth x Edelgard

These are the best support chains in the game, IMO. (Although Byleth x Edelgard only characterizes one of them, obviously.)

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Guess I'll do that! Thanks for the advice!

If you’re talking about CF, just using Caspar is a meme as long as he isn’t using gauntlets.

Using Caspar... lol.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Things like the speed ring capping speed and granting...What, +5 to mov or something? Stuff like that. Angel ring is also broken, capping luck and making you pick up two stats every time you get that stat from a level up. (So, you get +2 strength every time your strength growth triggers.) 

And infinte warp, which is kind of self-explanatory.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

When you have the angel ring with you, the character holding it gets +2 to each stat when leveling up instead of 1. 

The speed ring maxes your speed stat and gives MOV+5 I believe?

The mage ring gives more range. Stuff like that.

So it's less wild mechanics and more of the game was just very unbalanced.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Depends.