• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

since you completed a mostly summonless run of XC2, do you remember what random Blades you needed for mandatory field skills? I don't think there were a lot, but I'd like to know for the next time I see someone complain about how many Field Skills you "need" to finish the game.

There is one instance where you need Electric Mastery 5 I think. And the one Electric Blade the story gives you is Pandoria, who only has a max of Lv.3 Electric Mastery. So depending, you'll need to pull 2-4 Electric Blades. As far as garuanteed Rare Blades go, I think Herald has Electric Mastery so there is a free Electric Blade you can get, so that's worth noting. Vess might also have it, I don't remember.

And that's the only time where you need to crack open Core Crystals to pass a Field Skill check. Any other mandatory Field Skill checks can be cleared both through Blades the story gives you and garuanteed Rare Blades.

Edited by Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is one instance where you need Electric Mastery 5 I think. And the one Electric Blade the story gives you is Pandoria, who only has a max of Lv.3 Electric Mastery. So depending, you'll need to pull 2-4 Electric Blades. As far as garuanteed Rare Blades go, I think Herald has Electric Mastery so there is a free Electric Blade you can get, so that's worth noting. Vess might also have it, I don't remember.

And that's the only time where you need to crack open Core Crystals to pass a Field Skill check. Any other mandatory Field Skill checks can be cleared both through Blades the story gives you and garuanteed Rare Blades.

Part of the reason I asked is because I remembered that there are some field checks in Elpys that I had trouble with on my first playthrough. After looking it up, I found you only need Keen Eye 2 and Ancient Wisdom 2 for one, which only needs Brighid and Dromarch, and Fire Mastery 3 and Wind Mastery 2 for another, which only needs Brighid and Roc. It could be troublesome if you didn't go out of your way to fill out their Affinity Charts though.

Assuming we're thinking of the same instance, you only need Electric Mastery 4 (and Focus 5) for it, which Pandoria can't get on her own. Vess does not have Electric Mastery, and since Herald is easily missed on a first playthrough you'll probably need to summon for that one.

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Part of the reason I asked is because I remembered that there are some field checks in Elpys that I had trouble with on my first playthrough. After looking it up, I found you only need Keen Eye 2 and Ancient Wisdom 2 for one, which only needs Brighid and Dromarch, and Fire Mastery 3 and Wind Mastery 2 for another, which only needs Brighid and Roc. It could be troublesome if you didn't go out of your way to fill out their Affinity Charts though.

Assuming we're thinking of the same instance, you only need Electric Mastery 4 (and Focus 5) for it, which Pandoria can't get on her own. Vess does not have Electric Mastery, and since Herald is easily missed on a first playthrough you'll probably need to summon for that one.

Dont you need earth mastery that Wulfric alone cant fulfill? Cant remeber for sure.

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It could be troublesome if you didn't go out of your way to fill out their Affinity Charts though.

Ngl, I do feel like this is the main cause of the problem. Field Skill checks can be annoying, yeah, but I feel like some players just don't pay attention to Affinity Charts.

Of course, on summonless playthroughs, you can't really do Merc Missions so there it's understandable. But nobody should do that for their first playthrough imo.

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Assuming we're thinking of the same instance, you only need Electric Mastery 4 (and Focus 5) for it,

Ah, I might've confused Electric Mastery and Focus then haha.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont you need earth mastery that Wulfric alone cant fulfill? Cant remeber for sure.

No.

IMG_20201216_211750.jpg

IMG_20201216_211748.jpg

Why would you let me start a quest I literally cannot complete yet?

This ain't the only examples either, Vess' Blade Quest can be started before you reach Mor Ardain, despite a location there being necessary to complete the quest and Newt's Blade Quest can be started at Lv.3 Affinity but she needs Lv.3 Titan-Weapon Wisdom to actually complete it, which she doesn't get until Lv.5 Affinity.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why would you let me start a quest I literally cannot complete yet?

I wouldn't call that unusual at all. *Points to Rise of the Blood Lobster requiring Chapter 11's completion, despite being able to start it after Chapter 3* Though I see how it's strange to you, in that it outright names a place you can't get to yet, in most situations, games aren't that direct.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't call that unusual at all. *Points to Rise of the Blood Lobster requiring Chapter 11's completion, despite being able to start it after Chapter 3*

Tbf, Rise of the Blood Lobster isn't meant to be done in one sitting, especially since a good chunk of the Blood Lobsters requires the flight module.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, Rise of the Blood Lobster isn't meant to be done in one sitting, especially since a good chunk of the Blood Lobsters requires the flight module.

You're correct on that, I picked a bad example for what I was trying to say. And, I can grasp how you're saying the quest you are criticizing seems like it should be doable done in one sitting.

---

Q: “So, do you remember that KOS-MOS and T-elos, from Xenosaga, were in the first Project X Zone game? We didn’t include them just because Monolith Soft was developing Project X Zone, we put them in there because there were so many fans of their games on the team, and that they happened to make sense for the world of the game."

A: “The reason there’s not Baten Kaitos characters in the story is because they just didn’t seem to fit in anywhere."

This interview was five years ago, I've only now learned of it, and it doesn't make sense for me. How do you not fit into a game thats one giant nonsensical crossover? We're talking the inclusion of a human or three, not something more cartoony like Pac-Man, who is kept out of PXZ. And they're humans who'd fit in more than Mr. In Underwear When Hit Ghouls N' Ghosts.

I'm not angry, I don't particularly care they couldn't make it in. It's just the excuse is rather weak.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's just the excuse is rather weak.

Yeah, that answer feels like they just tried to handwave it.

Would be neat if Baten Kaitos characters make it in PXZ3 but that assumes PXZ3 will happen. Which it might, who knows.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/the-legend-of-heroes-kuro-no-kiseki-first-details-screenshots

Even as someone who hated every single thing about the cold steel arc, this actually looks quite good....

Well, i won't be getting my hopes up, but i shall follow the news along

will give this a try...

Edited by Father Shrimpas