Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

What class did you put her in? Since you did bad classes...

Paladin, because it was after this that I realized that they nerfed cavalry.

Seriously, I have no idea why they decided to nerf cavalry's speed when fliers have the same stat bonuses as cavalry without the stat nerfs, 5% growth in strength that cavalier has over pegaSUS rider notwithstanding.

And I just checked, they even gave Wyvern Lord all the bonuses that cavalier got besides magic. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, I finished TWEWY Final Remix's main game. There's still some postgame stuff, new and old, but just wanted to say my piece on the differences specifically.

Honestly, I'm surprised that it works as well as it does with a stylus on the switch, especially the combos and how they, the sync meter and fusion attacks were handled. Now, that's not to say it's 1:1 though, the combat can at times be awkward and getting used to it I definitely felt out of the loop, some of the psychs have been made much better or worse (though I feel like any that have scratch enemy were not the best from the off, they're still worse here) and there's some fights that are definitely not helped (Tigris's third phase fucked with me for instance, most of the bosses that most used the two screens in the original are altered in ways that end up confusing.surprisingly often sadly).

As for the soundtrack, I remember being disappointed by the remixes and regretting choosing to listen to the game like that instead of fuelling the nostalgia bomb and just listening to the original soundtrack. I've certainly warmed to them more now, but I don't think all of them are necessarily good.

Certainly better than I expected it to be, though we'll see with New Day how that pans out.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Now get Path of Radiance too.

Well I have actual motivation to restart my playthrough of that now.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... I'm guilty of this with Berwick Saga, aren't I? I like the game too much, and oftentimes I get carried away. Oh, well...

Nah, you're fine. I never felt you put Berwick on a pedestal, you're just passionate about it since it's your favorite game of all time (or one of them anyway).

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... I'm guilty of this with Berwick Saga, aren't I? I like the game too much, and oftentimes I get carried away. Oh, well...

you should've seen me at the high of my Trails fanboism xD

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Why must my Byleth be speed screwed?

20 speed at level 32 :’)

20200128_220919.jpg

nah mine was screwed as well

thanks to skill stacking however i was able to get through maddening ch13 xD

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Better than my Leonie, who had 21 speed at level 34! AND SHE HAS A 60 SPEED GROWTH

20200126_093517.jpg

Only one able to surely double in my team. Thanks maddeing xD

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

20200128_220919.jpg

HOW IN THE GOOD NAME OF MOTHER VERIA DID YOU GET BYLETH TO S+ IN BOTH FAITH AND AUTHORITY

Meanwhile, chapter 4 of Maddening has been going super slowly.  Kinda sucks, not gonna lie. Hoping enemies get less bulky.

Holy carp, my Byleth is crazy blessed. Level 9 and she already has 15 speed and 14 strongth. Hope I can get her to lv. 10 soon, 'cause I need both Darting and Death blow and have no time to get 'em.

28 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

20200128_220919.jpg

nah mine was screwed as well

>dark bishop

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

HOW IN THE GOOD NAME OF MOTHER VERIA DID YOU GET BYLETH TO S+ IN BOTH FAITH AND AUTHORITY 

Buying back skill rank in NG+

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Holy carp, my Byleth is crazy blessed. Level 9 and she already has 15 speed and 14 strongth.

Byleth.txt

——

So I just beat chapter 15 of CF, and I actually spared both Seteth and Flayn this time, because I learned that you could spare Seteth and that Flayn doesn’t always retreat. And nothing different happened? I mean I would assume the fact that Seteth sent a letter saying he and Flayn were going to (plot spoilers Benice) but I had heard there would be a “special scene”.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

NG+

I am not doing Maddening without that lol

Sooo...Doing maddening with no NG+ a mistake?

Ah well, anything for the Golden Throne!

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sooo...Doing maddening with no NG+ a mistake?

It's certainly tricky.

I didn't do it no grind, though to be fair I was more limited on that in Part 1 anyway and I was certainly not overlevelled.

Your Byleth sounds like they might be able to tank DK at least for any plans you have for Chapter 4.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Putting something on a pedestal is only detrimental. For as much as I shill Xenoblade 2, I would never try to put it in a pedestal that causes people to have inflated expectations.

Same. I always have a measure of hesitation and guilt at suggesting a game I really enjoyed. I'd rather someone walk away from a game going "Eh, it's okay" or "It's not for me" instead of "I HATE THIS IT'S INSUFFERABLE STAB IT WITH A SPOON!", and restraining oneself restrains the likelihood of another being unrestrained in the other direction. Putting a game on a pedestal can indicate blindness towards a game's faults or debatable faults (as in things that aren't "unmistakably" flaws, it's reasonable someone could dislike them even if you don't mind them) too. Or worse, arrogance. No game is aided by a fan who rages on about its perfection which only idiots can't understand.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, RD or PoR? I'm confused.

PoR, he took the big flightless bird approach to that game. His old PC went into meltdown as a result, but I think he salvaged the data and could upload it onto the new one.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201218_142349.jpg

I can now say I am an owner of a physical Radiant Dawn copy

Hope it's enjoyable!

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Your Byleth sounds like they might be able to tank DK at least for any plans you have for Chapter 4.

Hah, I'm just running around him. Though those Mezzo Forte-ing mages with seal strength and 100029837483 speed need to die.

And there we go, reset time. Maybe I should grind...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

PoR.

Gotcha. Sorry about that, I didn't know. Well, hopefully you have alot of fun next time you attempt it!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

PoR, he took the big flightless bird approach to that game. His old PC went into meltdown as a result, but I think he salvaged the data and could upload it onto the new one.

Yep I got it now. Sorry about the confusion.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, my old PC could handle it fine, but I had the saves on a flimsy USB which ended up literally falling apart. I was eight chapters in.

As for my old PC, I accidentally pressed on the screen a bit too hard when I was moving and it cracked, killing the pixels. Had to connect it to my TV so I could see where I was moving my files when I was salvaging what I could.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope it's enjoyable!

I look forward to it. Gonna have to play it the real way with no save states haha (although this game has mid-turn saves, right?)

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Actually, my old PC could handle it fine, but I had the saves on a flimsy USB which ended up literally falling apart. I was eight chapters in.

As for my old PC, I accidentally pressed on the screen a bit too hard when I was moving and it cracked, killing the pixels. Had to connect it to my TV so I could see where I was moving my files when I was salvaging what I could.

I look forward to it. Gonna have to play it the real way with no save states haha (although this game has mid-turn saves, right?)

Why were your saves on a USB?

also sorry to hear about your PC!

Edited by lightcosmo