Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Huh, all I'm familiar with with the Touhou series is this banger of a song and that it's a bullet hell series. That and a bunch of anime girls dressed for tea.

Not wrong, though it's only the official games that are bullet hell games. There's a million fangames in all sorts of genres.

Scarlet Curiosity, in particular, is an adventure game similar to Ark-style Ys. :Lilina:

Edited by Robert Stewart

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Apart from Age of Calamity, I went into some more online Smash as both Marth and Ike. I actually picked Ike back up quicker than I did Marth, but I'm still kinda bad with both of them. I'll probably play some more online later.

Hey, I'd be down to play sometime! 

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WOOOOOO! I GOT A NEW COMPUTER! Now I can run Berwick Saga at it's intended frame rate.

Now that is awesome.

24 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Not wrong, though it's only the official games that are bullet hell games. There's a million fangames in all sorts of genres.

One of these days I have to try out a Touhou game. Never been too much for the "cute anime gurls" aesthetic, but the music's consistently amazing and the gameplay looks fun when one's not busy screaming at the screen.

Alright, next order of business. Used the Invasion CB to take Pomerania from the Byzantines. Sadly, some de jure drift happened which turned some of the duchies on the coast to Pannonia, and De Jure Prussia is just outright gone, turned titular. I took them as well, so now the Byzantines have lost access to the Baltic Sea. Though by the Limit Naval exclave rules I set up, just due to still having navigation access from the Elbe and Rhine, even if they can't do it themselves, means they won't lose that exclave at Lotharingia/Austrasia. Ah well...

Hmm... what would be the next target...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Will we ever truly be freed from the shadows of The Serpent Riders?

No.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and the gameplay looks fun when one's not busy screaming at the screen.

Already experienced with bullet hell are we?

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I second what Armagon said.

And also ask the same question as Benice.

Spoiler

Edelgard.von.Hr%C3%A6svelgr.600.2768256.jpg Edelgard.von.Hr%C3%A6svelgr.600.2618048.jpgEdelgard.von.Hr%C3%A6svelgr.600.3043296.jpgEdelgard.von.Hr%C3%A6svelgr.600.2830526.jpg

Just some ideas, unless you're not looking for an Edelgard pic.

As you can tell, I like finding nice fan art.

Edited by twilitfalchion

And after today's fishing, I have

• 2 Silverfish
  • 16 Platinum Fish
  • 28 Golden Fish
  • 76 Bullheads
  • 50 Teutates pikes
  • And 37 Queen Loaches

Reaching prof. rank A was nice as well.

8 hours ago, Ottservia said:

So I just finished Royal again and I am reminded why it is my favorite game of all time

nice

It's my second most favorite videogame after Radiant Dawn.

5 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Popping in to say Touhou Scarlet curiosity is kino and you should all play it. And it's  currently on sale! :Lilina:

And have a soundtrack sample:

What kind of game is this?

I'm tired of this series right now, yes.

Though it has been my most played game of all time with more than 200 runs and about 5000 hours overall playtime.

What was I talking actually?

I'm playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions right now which includes Fire Emblem, lmao.

It's still early for me, oops.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

IMG_20201227_223904.jpg

New game. Won't start it tonight but I'll definitely be playing it after I finish Path of Radiance. The Tellius FEs are like the longest games in the series and I don't want to immediately go into Radiant Dawn.

I was considering between this or Hades (both are $20 rn, the latter on a sale) but I chose CrossCode since honestly, I want to play a good sci-fi RPG that isn't Xeno.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

New game. Won't start it tonight but I'll definitely be playing it after I finish Path of Radiance. The Tellius FEs are like the longest games in the series and I don't want to immediately go into Radiant Dawn.

Have fun!

Also I think that FE4 is the longest, but that's just me. Xd

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also I think that FE4 is the longest, but that's just me. Xd

Oh it probably is but it kinda cheats at being the longest haha.

Path of Radiance has 30 chapters (prolouge+29 chapters) and Radiant Dawn is split into parts which, i believe in total makes up 40 chapters.

Chapter amount doesn't necessarily equal length but it can be a good measure.

16 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Action game similar to Ys, in particular Ys 6/Oath/Origin. :v

Hmm, maybe it could become my introduction into Ys. Same worked on me for Touhou Puppet Dance Performance in getting into Pokémon. Since it doesn't cost too much I will give it a try.

Also I can buy finally the SRPG Studio later after two failed attempts. I'm still pissed that Steam didn't reply at all to my request for refund.

Radiant Dawn has 43 maps in total if I split 1-6 into two maps. With played battle animations it will clock far beyond 40 hours. It has been the longest Fire Emblem game for me of the parts I've played yet. I highly doubt the first three games are longer.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia