Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Awakening at A tier and SoV at S tier are the two I would definitely change, other than that everything is about what I would put it as.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why the heck is Caspar the dancer for the black eagles?

It randomly selects from the students still left in that house.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Decided to visit my cousin spontaneously yesterday. Seeing the kids and playing with them was great as ever. Little girl just can't stop talking and little boy just can't stop getting rid of me. He used me a seat cover. Logically my body parts started to hurt after a little while. xD Apparently they also got a Switch on christmas since I saw a package of a Switch Lite with Animal Crossing New Horizons. I feel she's a bit too young to play on a console right now (four), but on the other hand I got a GameBoy when I was three and Animal Crossing is a good introduction since it can stimulate the kid's creativity. Yet have to play this game. Whilst I brought my Switch with me for the train travels, I didn't say a word that I have one with me, much less wanted to play with them not to exert a bad influence on them. My cousin seemed to be jealous of me and thinks their kids like me more than him. I didn't appreciate the comments especially not in present of the children - even if it wasn't meant seriously. Also his arrogance was annoying. He's a super nice cousin who can be proud for all the things he has reached, but he doesn't have to boast with the all the material things he owns. I don't care for his luxus car or his big 3D TV he owns. He tells me stories about cars the entire despite he should know that I've no interest in them; not even have one. Aside of this kinda nasty attitude it was a nice day. Only the travel was a pain in the ass. Train travels had delay, so I had to run for catching the connection train. It ended that I slipped on a wet meadow and fall with my butt on the ground. My jeans is ruined. Oh well... Still was a nice day and probably the first time for a while I had a happy face.

Unrelated congrats to all the people who completed their game!

Today will be a b'day aka bed-day. 

Have finally bought the SRPG Studio (on the correct account this time xD), so I might prepare doing a map later today. I assume it won't be as easy as doing a Super Mario stage, so don't expect to see something good from me so soon.

cute right? My opinion of Marianne: 📈 She iS wasted potential, but she is cute appearance wise wasted potential who is great with Hilda. So...

6 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Still was a nice day and probably the first time for a while I had a happy face.

Yay!

6 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Today will be a b'day aka bed-day. 

The best kind! 😄

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Seeing FE6 and Conquest above Path of Radiance hurts. But hey, to each their own, haha.

B-but you haven’t even played Conquest! Mercy!

I played the prologue of Radiant Dawn just to see how the game plays on hardware that it was designed for. Gonna have to get used to the tiny D-pad haha.

Anyways, I'm keeping to what I said: not immediately starting Radiant Dawn. Playing the prologue doesn't count, that was just a test run.

IMG_20201228_231305.jpg

Because right now it's CrossCode time.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Seeing FE6 and Conquest above Path of Radiance hurts. But hey, to each their own, haha.

As far as story goes, it's better than both. And Ch.17 is one of the series' best as far as the gameplay is concerned.

I just felt that the gameplay was the most middle-of-the-road in the series+some things I just didn't like about it.

I'll go over in detail later.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

cute right?

I saw that earlier. So cute.

My opinion of Marianne: 📈 She iS wasted potential,

588429128932392973.png?v=1

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

but she is cute appearance wise wasted potential who is great with Hilda. So...

Marth_Facepalm_by_Chloemew4ever.jpg

Close enough. I’ll accept that.

I kid, I kid. Think whatever you want. 😛 

This game is honestly worse than fe6 when it comes to too many units. It’s chapter 5 and I have 24 units, 6 of which (if you count Jagen) are cavaliers.

Did they fix this in the remake at all?

Edited by Sooks

Did they fix this in the remake at all?

Nope. The game is designed to be ironmanned-No matter how many units you lose, you can still play the game.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nope. The game is designed to be ironmanned-No matter how many units you lose, you can still play the game.

Okay but this is way too much. With Wendell, who is recruited in this chapter, the total would divide out to 5 units a chapter.

Just now, Sooks said:

Okay but this is way too much. With Wendell, who is recruited in this chapter, the total would divide out to 5 units a chapter.

I personally don't see the problem with it.

Thing is, FE1/3/11 teaches to you preserve your units by giving you the best from the start. You can use the units that come later, and the substitutes as well (in FE11's case), but most of them wont compare to the ones you get early on. So you're incentivized to keep that first set of units to help you later on.

Edited by twilitfalchion

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They all lack identity, now statwise AND story wise.

Ok but tbf, it ain't fair to blame FE1 for that. Same for FE2.

Now FE11, on the other hand, does deserve to get criticized for that because the lack of Supports severely hurt them.

I forgot to tell that I faced a stupidly annoying boss in Tokyo Mirage Sessions:

This is the point the game indirectly advises to train everyone. As in regular Shin Megami Tensei and older Persona games (I don't think in 5) experience sharing doesn't exist. Non party members get experience, but it's not worth a mention. Anyways Touma and Tsubasa must be brought, and these were the two who fell behind in level. Touma was 25 and Tsubasa 29 whilst the boss was level 38. Not only the level was a problem to beat this boss on lowest difficulty (the one which can be unlocked after having one party wipe out), but also these monsters must be taken all out in the very same turn. If one monster falls before, it will respawn with full HP instantly. Superunfun design and the first time the game really started to piss me off. After about eight attempts I somehow could beat them without grinding Touma and Tsubasa because screw grinding. No, TMS won't be a fun game for people who haven't had experience with the Shin Megami Tensei series. And honestly even as a fan as I am, I don't like TMS all that much. And if I say SMTIV is easier than TMS, everything is said.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ok but tbf, it ain't fair to blame FE1 for that. Same for FE2.

Now FE11, on the other hand, does deserve to get criticized for that because the lack of Supports severely hurt them.

I’m not really criticizing it for that, I’m criticizing it for the combination of that and few having identity stat wise. I have no idea of who to deploy, I’ve just been deploying whoever has been performing well, really.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thing is, FE1/3/11 teaches to you preserve your units by giving you the best from the start. You can use the units that come later, and the substitutes as well (in FE11's case), but most of them wont compare to the ones you get early on. So you're incentivized to keep that first set of units to help you later on.

You get the better unit earlier on, but you get a passable one afterwards if they're dead. You're still punished for letting a unit die, but you still have options. Part of what made my HHM ironman so hard is that I don't get replacements very often-Two thieves, (one of which is an enemy who's tricky to recruit) one mounted healer, one* dark magic user, one* light magic user, etc. Losing Canas is a hefty blow because he is the only one who can actually use Luna.

*Technically untrue, but the other units who use those types arrive so late that it still hurts a lot.

FE11 is rather odd due to the reclassing mechanic, though.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They all lack identity, now statwise AND story wise.

Having smaller casts hasn't fixed this problem in mainline FE yet, though. I don't think that smaller casts = better casts or that fewer units=more interesting units. There is no reason that they can't develop a larger cast or make many units unique.

Granted, nobody ironmans anymore, and most people disagree with me. So you probably are right.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Having smaller casts hasn't fixed this problem in mainline FE yet, though. I don't think that smaller casts = better casts or that fewer units=more interesting units. There is no reason that they can't develop a larger cast or make many units unique.

Granted, nobody ironmans anymore, and most people disagree with me. So you probably are right.

I’m not saying they’re uninteresting, they just all seem to barely differ stat wise, which makes it fall to weapons and movement, and almost everyone uses swords and/or lances, and the best movement in 9 on cavs, and I have seven (I forgot Matthis earlier), so...

8 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

No, TMS won't be a fun game for people who haven't had experience with the Shin Megami Tensei series.

I have literally never played an SMT or Persona game and I found TMS to be pretty fun.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m not really criticizing it for that, I’m criticizing it for the combination of that and few having identity stat wise. I have no idea of who to deploy, I’ve just been deploying whoever has been performing well, really.

Yeah but it's also the first game in the series.

Then should love Shin Megami Tensei's main games and spinoffs.

Btw if Tokyo Mirage Sessions should get a sequel, then it should be like Devil Survivor's gameplay for being a roundbased tactical game to come closer to Fire Emblem's gameplay.

The best thing of TMS for me is seriously the music ngl.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

8 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

The best thing of TMS for me is seriously the music ngl.

Well if you’re playing a game about the Japanese idol industry then the music better damn well be banger. Otherwise what’s the point of making a game about Japanese idols