Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Yeah. Why get the version that has less?

Better Shadow Dragon then... has more that it restores or adds than takes away from what Book 1 had.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It was at the act of cutting content, yeah.

Book 1 only has that it's bundled with Book 2 for it. As getting Mystery means a 2 for 1 deal. Other than that... nah, give me the DS remakes.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I really need to get Citra working and see if I give Conquest a try at last. Perhaps it'll be the FE to triumph 12... Though I think it's more likely Camilla alone will keep it from achieving such status.

Join us!

Btw, Camilla barely gets any screen time like all non lord playable fe characters.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good for you. I looked up the pledge (I knew it existed, of course, but I never saw it happen), and I have to say... I don't use the word "cringe" often, but the video I found of a kid in a waistcoat with his hand on his chest spewing propaganda'ish words in front of the American flag made me cringe. Really hard. Didn't help that the poor lad seemed to barely know how to speak.

Now imagine that in most every public school classroom every day (and probably some private schools) for kids of all ages. And that’s the beginning to each day of our *flawless* education system... ‘MURICA!! 🇺🇸🦅🎇🎇🦅🇺🇸

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*plans perfect strategy*

*starts to execute*

Battle zooms in

Camilla flashes you

I'll send Camilla to horny jail bench. I don't care if she's good. I'll use... whoever is the alternate wyvern instead.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Btw, Camilla barely gets any screen time like all non lord playable fe characters.

I'm a bit worried, not gonna lie. Usually with FE I gravitate towards characters whose designs, personalities and/or unique gameplay quirks I enjoy. From everything I've seen of Conquest's designs, the first point is already moot. And if I start benching everyone I meet because I don't like them, well... That might be a problem.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Now imagine that in most every public school classroom every day (and probably some private schools) for kids of all ages. And that’s the beginning to each day of our *flawless* education system... ‘MURICA!! 🇺🇸🦅🎇🎇🦅🇺🇸

Oof... Goodness. And here I thought right wingers in Spain fighting to add a compulsory religion subject to schools (Christian religion, of course) was bad enough... Our education isn't what I'd call stellar, exactly, but at least we don't do... that!

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah. Why get the version that has less?

Better Shadow Dragon then... has more that it restores or adds than takes away from what Book 1 had.

From my book 1 run, pretty much the only things I wish they'd kept in SD were the way manaketes work in Mystery (they got absolutely shafted in SD), and the fact that Wendell is imprisoned in Aurelis Castle at first, as opposed to randomly being in the Macedonian army for... some undiscernible reason.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>seeks motivation to finish a game

>gets recommendations for other games to play instead

I mean, it is SDatBoL.

The one FE I have been convinced not to finish.

I understand their perspective.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From my book 1 run, pretty much the only things I wish they'd kept in SD were the way manaketes work in Mystery (they got absolutely shafted in SD), and the fact that Wendell is imprisoned in Aurelis Castle at first, as opposed to randomly being in the Macedonian army for... some undiscernible reason.

It's certainly a result of not incorporating Green units. In other games, Wendell would've been a Green unit. Then again, back in Mystery that was also a case. Imprisoned in the cell... but as a Red unit.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll send Camilla to horny jail bench. I don't care if she's good. I'll use... whoever is the alternate wyvern instead.

Beruka! She’s good as well.

Also, you can just reclass anyone to wyvern, although how easy that will be varies from character to character.

I'm a bit worried, not gonna lie. Usually with FE I gravitate towards characters whose designs, personalities and/or unique gameplay quirks I enjoy. From everything I've seen of Conquest's designs, the first point is already moot. And if I start benching everyone I meet because I don't like them, well... That might be a problem.

Well... you can customize the children’s hair colors, so they look good! How’s that for top notch design? 

Oof... Goodness. And here I thought right wingers in Spain fighting to add a compulsory religion subject to schools (Christian religion, of course) was bad enough... Our education isn't what I'd call stellar, exactly, but at least we don't do... that!

You don’t have to say the pledge of allegiance though.

...unless your parent or guardian says so and you’re not in high school yet.

But kids will learn quickly from now on, all they have to do is look out the window to see that the country isn’t indivisible.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's certainly a result of not incorporating Green units. In other games, Wendell would've been a Green unit. Then again, back in Mystery that was also a case. Imprisoned in the cell... but as a Red unit.

Back in those days it was probably just hardware limitations. One of those weird things that they probably could've changed in the remakes. Or at least don't make Wendell aggressive! The guy makes no friggin' sense! Most people talk about Matthis lancing Lena, and yeah that's dumb, but at least he otherwise has a solid reason for why he fights you. Wendell just decides to ally himself with Macedon and roast your army for no reason at all! And he's good at it too, the bastard!

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Beruka! She’s good as well.

Beruka, huh? That's...

...Not the worst design I've ever seen. Yeah. Might be worth considering.

Also, you can just reclass anyone to wyvern, although how easy that will be varies from character to character.

So, the Shadow Dragon way. A shame there probably won't be potential for such memes as Yubello, the Warlord of Grust.

Well... you can customize the children’s hair colors, so they look good! How’s that for top notch design? 

10/10 Conquest officially better than Ber-- Okay no, I can't even joke about it.

You don’t have to say the pledge of allegiance though.

...unless your parent or guardian says so and you’re not in high school yet.

That's when indoctrination is at its most effective, so the fact that later you can refuse it is kind of a moot point. All in all, it just seems like another example of 'Murica being 'Murica to me.

But kids will learn quickly from now on, all they have to do is look out the window to see that the country isn’t indivisible.

No doubt about that... Plenty of shenanigans going on to prove otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Beruka.

She's so silent they literally localised a conversation with another character to have only elipses.

And the context of the original carried to the next convo.

Treehouse I swear.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No nation's indivisible, in the sense it's not made of one homogenous being.

I could go into this point and about the idea of hegemony, but I definitely would be going too political and that's probably not the best idea, I'm about to do that right under this and all, but I know this would be more risky.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's fascinating realising the religious nutters are completely powerless here because we had the church over our state for so long that new generations were done taking it seriously, then seeing what other countries are like and going "wow, fuck that right?".

So the religious nutters just became far right and are all way more conservative than Pope Francis. And are seen as nutters and thus get nowhere. And the non-christans have next to no presence beyond their own circles, so it hasn't much air to breathe.

It is times like this that I can unironically say:

There are other issues with our nation and particularly about concepts and consequences of capitalism, but I have to find some blessings right?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, the Shadow Dragon way. A shame there probably won't be potential for such memes as Yubello, the Warlord of Grust.

It’s been scientifically proven that it’s impossible to make Arthur good.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Back in those days it was probably just hardware limitations. One of those weird things that they probably could've changed in the remakes. Or at least don't make Wendell aggressive! The guy makes no friggin' sense! Most people talk about Matthis lancing Lena, and yeah that's dumb, but at least he otherwise has a solid reason for why he fights you. Wendell just decides to ally himself with Macedon and roast your army for no reason at all! And he's good at it too, the bastard!

True. Then came Genealogy that could flex not just Green units, but Yellow ones as well.

The Wendell thing is certainly questionable. Specially when you have stuff like Darros auto-recruiting himself. That was also a thing in the original no? I know in Shadow Dragon he can.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, it's quite messed up here in the States. Hell, the "under God" bit was, I think, a McCarthy-era addition by a Senator to try to bolster American sentiment in the nation - maybe they thought the "commies" to be godless people when, spoiler alert, eastern orthodox Christianity exists.

Also, I'm playing through FE3 right now and having a blast. Did Chapter 5 of Book 2 today, been really fun so far. This was the reward Draug received for doing his classic maneuver of choking the point on the bridge in Chapter 5.

491601873_Screenshot(523).thumb.png.115734e71e0c75217952ca44819f6cdf.png

She's so silent they literally localised a conversation with another character to have only elipses.

And the context of the original carried to the next convo.

Treehouse I swear.

Ahhhh so she's Derrick. That's just vastly increased her chances to become my favorite character in Conquest.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

It's fascinating realising the religious nutters are completely powerless here because we had the church over our state for so long that new generations were done taking it seriously, then seeing what other countries are like and going "wow, fuck that right?".

So the religious nutters just became far right and are all way more conservative than Pope Francis. And are seen as nutters and thus get nowhere. And the non-christans have next to no presence beyond their own circles, so it hasn't much air to breathe.

I wish that was the case in my country. The church is quite powerful here in Spain, vastly rich and influential, and the fact that the idea to introduce religion into public classrooms is even brought up is just... No. Please, don't.

But then again, what do I know. I'm a child of sin. I'm not even baptised! Straight to Hell it is for me.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Wendell thing is certainly questionable. Specially when you have stuff like Darros auto-recruiting himself. That was also a thing in the original no? I know in Shadow Dragon he can.

Pretty sure he does it in the original as well.

It's pretty hilarious that they tried to fix the weirdness with Wendell in FE3... then unfixed it in FE11.

It’s been scientifically proven that it’s impossible to make Arthur good.

Well sir, you just handed me the first mainstay of my team on a silver platter. Congratulations.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Yeah, it's quite messed up here in the States. Hell, the "under God" bit was, I think, a McCarthy-era addition by a Senator to try to bolster American sentiment in the nation - maybe they thought the "commies" to be godless people when, spoiler alert, eastern orthodox Christianity exists.

Not gonna lie, that... sounds extremely American.

Sheesh... I feel bad for you sensible Americans who have to put up with all this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Also, I'm playing through FE3 right now and having a blast. Did Chapter 5 of Book 2 today, been really fun so far. This was the reward Draug received for doing his classic maneuver of choking the point on the bridge in Chapter 5.

491601873_Screenshot(523).thumb.png.115734e71e0c75217952ca44819f6cdf.png

Speedy boi Draug.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll use... whoever is the alternate wyvern instead.

Beruka, eh?

She's, well...slow

Although her personal is really cool, allowing her to deal extra 4 damaga on any enemy that can't counter attack.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, the Shadow Dragon way.

Not quite. 

Each unit has a ''secondary'' class which they can heartseal (2000g, quite limited early on) into. To access other classes they will need A+ or S support with Friendship/Partner Seal. Well, and kids inherting the class from their parents.

The Wyvern heartseal characters iirc were Elise (Which you usually should leave as a staffer), Xander (and he will lose access to Siegfried, not ideal), Gunter (Jagen that's gone for half the game and by the time he comes back he is weaker than your weakest bench) and Corrin if you choose it as talent. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well sir, you just handed me the first mainstay of my team on a silver platter. Congratulations

prepare to miss every attack and get critted every time xD

His personal gives himself -5critAvo and everyone around -15CritAvo iirc xD

It's funny since like over 70% of the map is Catholic already, maybe around 80% now. Who are we crusading against now? The three-province big Nestorian realm!? ... okay, half of India and the Tibetan Plateau are still targets...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Spara said:

That's the thing about authoritarians, even the ones who espoused no religion (I say this because this was certainly attempted in Russia and Germany, though not really kept as can be seen in both countries today) often didn't take out the faiths that were most established in those countries. Less numerous groups could certainly be targetted, but that's another topic.

I did remember hearing that before about under god. Was In God we Trust on the dollar from the 1900's as well, I remember that being the case.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wish that was the case in my country. The church is quite powerful here in Spain, vastly rich and influential, and the fact that the idea to introduce religion into public classrooms is even brought up is just... No. Please, don't.

But then again, what do I know. I'm a child of sin. I'm not even baptised! Straight to Hell it is for me.

I mean, religious classes are still a thing here, they haven't gone away you know. And it's an open question how that topic should be broached in an accepting secular state, one that's probably beyond the scope of what's supposed to be Teehee.

The bishops here must be looking there with envy at times, there's more than enough examples of them trying to make proclamations that are supposed to be heard only for them to be called out if it's not helping.

21 minutes ago, Spara said:

The absolute irony is that the Founding Fathers specifically avoided making Christianity the official religion of America because they knew not everyone was Christian.

Meanwhile, far-right folks forget that separation of church and state is a thing.

Edited by Armagon

Ya know, i don't talk about beliefs online much, but as a religious person i honesly can't understand conservative people.

For me religion while growing up was all about helping & respecting each other, learning about the world, getting to know people, that kind of stuff.

Everything conservatives stand against.

So i just get a 🤔 when religious people go ''we vote for x because they represent us/defend religion!'' and i am like 'bruh what?'

That the most you will see me talking about religion here, and i won't talk about my beliefs

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Beruka, eh?

She's, well...slow

Although her personal is really cool, allowing her to deal extra 4 damaga on any enemy that can't counter attack.

Even better. She's a bad unit.

Not quite. 

Each unit has a ''secondary'' class which they can heartseal (2000g, quite limited early on) into. To access other classes they will need A+ or S support with Friendship/Partner Seal. Well, and kids inherting the class from their parents.

The Wyvern heartseal characters iirc were Elise (Which you usually should leave as a staffer), Xander (and he will lose access to Siegfried, not ideal), Gunter (Jagen that's gone for half the game and by the time he comes back he is weaker than your weakest bench) and Corrin if you choose it as talent. 

Wow, talk about convoluted. But at least it means the S support gimmick has a reason to exist, as opposed to Three Houses where it's just pandering.

prepare to miss every attack and get critted every time xD

His personal gives himself -5critAvo and everyone around -15CritAvo iirc xD

Good. GOOD! CONQUEST: BERWICK SAGA EDITION! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!

In all seriousness, that reminds me of a skill in TearRing Saga, Mug. Mug gives everyone in 3 tiles around the unit a whopping -50 hit and avoid... but if the mugger kills an enemy, they take their entire inventory, no questions asked. The only unit that has Mug is even more of a joke than Derrick, if you can believe that... But you can find a scroll that allows you to give it to anyone, with predictably insane results.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

I love that meme.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

That's the thing about authoritarians, even the ones who espoused no religion (I say this because this was certainly attempted in Russia and Germany, though not really kept as can be seen in both countries today) often didn't take out the faiths that were most established in those countries. Less numerous groups could certainly be targetted, but that's another topic.

Is this a good time to point out that Spain was under a fascist regime until 1975? One that was openly supported by the Catholic church? Yeah... Maybe, just maybe, that's why the church still has so much power here.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, religious classes are still a thing here, they haven't gone away you know.

Oh...

Well, at least I hope they're about religions, plural. Overhere they want classes on Catholic Christianism, and that's it.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, i don't talk about beliefs much, but as a religious person i honesly can't understand conservative people.

For me religion while growing up was all about helping & respecting each other, learning about the world, getting to know people, that kind of stuff.

Everything conservatives stand against.

So i just get a 🤔 when religious people go ''we vote for x because they represent us'' and i am like 'bruh what?'

It's always interesting to watch them parade Jesus around, when from what I know of the man they fundamentally disagree with him on most matters.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's really all it's meant to be when you get right down to it. People will be people though. Unfortunately. 

I can't get over the fact they kept her name as Beruka... mostly because I think it could've been Belka. A wyvern rider named Belka serving Nohr...

*Insert Ace Combat memes here*

Seeing Beruka makes me think of Veruca Salt...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even better. She's a bad unit

nah, she is not.

Speed is important yes, but not the end of all things, especially in conquest where you need 5AS to double and many weapons will give you (AS) penalties (Steel -3, Javelins/Hand Axes -5 and can't double at all, etc), and not that many of your units can double, but not many enemies can either due to carrying steel weapons. Beruka's high str and personal means she's quite good for dual attacking, and she's a bit tanky as well.

Also AS is a bit different in Fates and quite complicated. More complicated than it should be xD

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow, talk about convoluted

Just think of it like that: Every character has a main class and a secondary class. Other classes through S-support xD

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ut at least it means the S support gimmick has a reason to exist,

alot of stuff in Fates makes sense gameplaywise, but not story wise xD

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The only unit that has Mug is even more of a joke than Derrick, if you can believe that

ah that 3 Mov Bilford guy? Someone on reddit told me about him in my Berwick thread iirc xD