MisterIceTeaPeach

KOSMOS.jpg?width=274&height=432

Lea.jpg?width=388&height=432

16 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Odd track names.

If you think that's odd, you haven't seen Xenoblade X OST names

Screenshot_20210105-123537.png?width=278

Just the tip of the iceberg.

Sawano always does this with most of the songs he composes so it's not even exclusive to Xenoblade X.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so I just downloaded Citra. I had a game lying around and ran some tests.

I get a consistent 10 FPS. I can't play like this. And I'm not about to go fishing for a Conquest cartdrige just so I can burn my eyes out on my 3DS's tiny screen, so... Yeah. I don't think I'll be playing Conquest any time soon. A shame.

Damn, that's rough. Even though FPS doesn't matter too much in a grid-based SRPG, 10 fps is still too low.

I just saw you didn't actually try Conquest yet but shhhhh.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The awful FPS might be game pending, as FE games dont tend to run as much, the odds of worse FPS are lower. Also consider that their graphics are usually below average, so it wont have to run those as hard, either.

This feels like a good time to bring up that people overestimate emulation capabilities. Sure, something may look low-end but at the end of the day, your PC or phone was not designed to run whatever game it is you're trying to emulate so problems may arise.

NES, SNES (and anything before), GameBoy and GBA are like the only stuff that comes to mind that runs 100% perfectly on emulation. PS1 and PSP is also very good but i got occasional slowdown on the audio when i was emulating Xenogears and while i was able to emulate the PSP Trails games just fine, emulating The Force Unleashed on PSP had some slight problems.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So is Touhou like a genre of games or a series?

It's a series.....kinda.

The shmups are the main games and by main, i mean it's the actually official stuff. Stuff made by the sole creator.

Everything else is a fan-game but Touhou is unique in that department in that fan games are allowed to be sold as legitimate games with no fear of copyright strikes or anything.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The music (the Bad Apple remix specifically) is how I discovered the franchise in the first place. Touhou 7 (recommended for beginners) has been fun, for what I've played of it. The fighting game is a blast to mess around in too. And I'm not even a fighting game kind of guy (beyond Smash, that is).

Edited by twilitfalchion

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This feels like a good time to bring up that people overestimate emulation capabilities. Sure, something may look low-end but at the end of the day, your PC or phone was not designed to run whatever game it is you're trying to emulate so problems may arise.

I can PS2 games perfectly, including the Xenosaga series, so I cant say I run into those issues. 

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Damn, that's rough. Even though FPS doesn't matter too much in a grid-based SRPG, 10 fps is still too low.

If it was just the FPS I might be able to half stand it... But there's also this weird slowdown that would make any action game utterly unplayable. Again, it's not like you need precise inputs to play a SRPG, but slow game speed is already one of my biggest complaints about Tellius. Slowed down FE is not what I need.

Still, I'll grab Conquest and see if it works any better than the random game I had lying around (Star Fox 64 3D, for the record). Like I said before, slim chance, but worth a shot nonetheless.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

NES, SNES (and anything before), GameBoy and GBA are like the only stuff that comes to mind that runs 100% perfectly on emulation. PS1 and PSP is also very good but i got occasional slowdown on the audio when i was emulating Xenogears and while i was able to emulate the PSP Trails games just fine, emulating The Force Unleashed on PSP had some slight problems.

GC/Wii, DS and PS2 have great emulators as well, but that's where you begin to need a beefier computer to be able to run them properly. Citra is for an even more modern system, so I can't say I'm that surprised.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Speaking of Citra, I find it odd that my seven-year old computer that had 1.75 GhZ could run FE games on Citra at about 80% he intended speed, but my new three-year old one with about 3 GhZ runs them at about 50%.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Every time I have to fill out a 15 year long questionnaire on one of his videos, I like Bill Nye less and less.

Bill Nye the science guy? More like BILL NYE WILL MAKE SOOKS DIE

Edited by Benice

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I can PS2 games perfectly, including the Xenosaga series, so I cant say I run into those issues. 

I mean, it all depends on the PC. I had to fuck around with the settings in mine to get Xenosaga and Berwick to run mostly smoothly.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it was just the FPS I might be able to half stand it... But there's also this weird slowdown that would make any action game utterly unplayable.

This is interchangable when it comes to emulation tbh.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

GC/Wii, DS and PS2 have great emulators as well, but that's where you begin to need a beefier computer to be able to run them properly. Citra is for an even more modern system, so I can't say I'm that surprised.

Yeah, i'd say Dolphin GameCube is probably the least intense emulator to run. 

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of Citra, I find it odd that my seven-year old computer that had 1.75 GhZ could run FE games on Citra at about 80% he intended speed, but my new three-year old one with about 3 GhZ runs them at about 50%.

Check the settings.

Edited by Armagon

While digging around, I have found that there's apparently a "swimsuit + marriage" patch to Fates. No idea what it's about.

I just found the name funny, is all.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

While digging around, I have found that there's apparently a "swimsuit + marriage" patch to Fates. No idea what it's about.

The first sounds like it restores the swimsuit models removed from the localized version.

No clue on the marriage one. Unless it's like, restoring Kana and Soleil's support dialogue back to how they were in the Japanese version.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Bill Nye the science guy? More like BILL NYE WILL MAKE SOOKS DIE

Bill Nye the the guy who’s worksheets are too much for his half an hour long videos.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It either always puts Corrin’s spouse in a swimsuit, or restores the swimsuits to the game and adds skinship back. Maybe.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No clue on the marriage one. Unless it's like, restoring Kana and Soleil's support dialogue back to how they were in the Japanese version.

Why that support? There were a lot of changed supports.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why that support? There were a lot of changed supports.

I meant both characters' support dialogue, not their particular one.

Because localization removed any romantic overtones from all of Kana's supports (save for Selkie's and I believe Kiragi's), as well from Soleil's except for Forrest's and Corrin's.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Sooks said:

It either always puts Corrin’s spouse in a swimsuit, or restores the swimsuits to the game and adds skinship back. Maybe.

Ah yes, because if there's one thing I need, it's more reasons to avoid S-Supporting like the plague.

...Honestly, though, Corrin's spouse randomly gaining a swimsuit for no reason sounds absolutely hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, because if there's one thing I need, it's more reasons to avoid S-Supporting like the plague.

...Honestly, though, Corrin's spouse randomly gaining a swimsuit for no reason sounds absolutely hilarious.

Well, the Toga of Love is the final Skinship reward in the Japanese version.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

”What’s that Felicia? You’re resistant to the cold? We’ll see how that is when I’m through with you, mwahahaha!”

S supports are very very very nice to have in the gameplay. Very nice.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I meant both characters' support dialogue, not their particular one.

Oh yeah me too, that was unclear. I was referring to altered dialogue, like Saizo/Beruka.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because localization removed any romantic overtones from all of Kana's supports (save for Selkie's and I believe Kiragi's), as well from Soleil's except for Forrest's and Corrin's.

I’m glad they were sOoOo considerate of pairing a child with teenagers. Yep... nothing to see here, Percy and Midori...

Yeah, gonna agree that makes no sense.

Heck, even if they decided to only give Kana an option each per gender, they still did it a bit bad. Like, both options are from Hoshido. Should've had one to Nohr, as it were...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, so good news. After 30 minutes of hassle, I finally got myself Fates.

For some reason that I cannot comprehend, this works perfectly. The weird slowdown that Star Fox suffered from is not present.

Emulators are such fickle beasts.

Welp, guess now all I have to do is finish Death of the Outsider, and then I'll finally see what the whole fuss is about.

EDIT: Just testing to see if the game really runs well or if it's just the title screen.

Oh God what are these hair options I hate this game already

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fates emulating well? Maybe it's a sign. lol

Haha, perhaps. There are some slight slowdowns when fading into battles, but from this five-minute test, nothing that will severely impact my enjoyment of the game. I even upscaled the internal resolution a little bit so I don't feel like I'm looking at the game through dirty glass and it still runs well!

The real problem is that I'm going to make the ugliest Corrin possible and spend the rest of the game giggling at them like an idiot. Seriously, those hair options are amazing.

EDIT: Okay though, serious question: Why are there bullet casings floating around in the title screen?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For some reason that I cannot comprehend, this works perfectly. The weird slowdown that Star Fox suffered from is not present.

Emulators are such fickle beasts.

Star Fox might be related to the technical details in the code for that game.

Not like I'd know in this case, I haven't used Citra.

And good luck dealing with it, Fates might have a decent game system, but execution is certainly something I'd argue about.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EDIT: Okay though, serious question: Why are there bullet casings floating around in the title screen?

It's the necklace of Azura's pendant. At the end of the intro video, her pedant breaks off, and some of the pieces of the necklace did as well. So they're the broken pieces also falling with the pendant. Since the necklace is a chain of interconnected... whatever those tube-like things would be called.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...Why is Severian literally eating the dead body of Thecla, the women he loved?

I chose to look into the context.

Do not be as foolish as I, partake not of knowledge that should be left forgotten.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God what are these hair options I hate this game already

YES!! One of us, one of us! They’re horrible!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The real problem is that I'm going to make the ugliest Corrin possible and spend the rest of the game giggling at them like an idiot. Seriously, those hair options are amazing.

This is a fantastic idea. Thought of a name yet? DS Emblem’s Graphics sounds like a fitting name.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They’re pieces of Azura’z necklace that is broken on the title screen for no reason, because the game spends the entire plot pretending like her necklace is important and special with it’s only confirmed power being that it refreshes your allies in battle and never even once mentioning where it gets it power from. Expect that a lot in this game, FYI.

Some research reveals that they say something about it in the Hidden Truths DLC, which you should also expect. But that’s only if you trust GameFAQs.