• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think DSFE did it best with its save points. You have to "earn" them, and you also have to put a little bit of thought into when and how you'll use them, both of which allow them to add a wonderful little aspect to the strategy. Not only that, once you've used it, the save's there to stay. 

It's more about the fundamentals. In order to use a DSFE save point, a unit has to waste their turn and i am 100% opposed to having to waste something in order to save. There's a reason why games that do this sort of thing are extremely rare.

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I got some money aside to get a game. I was thinking about XB2, but i also need the DLC for that and i don't have enough money for game + DLC atm (since i need to get DLC new, not used)

As good as it is, you don't need the Xenoblade 2 DLC right away. Unless you're planning on doing Torna first in which case i'd say get that physically first and get Xenoblade 2 later.

Apart from the DLC Blades and some of the quests, the meat of Xenoblade 2's non-Torna DLC is basically post-game stuff.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As good as it is, you don't need the Xenoblade 2 DLC right away. Unless you're planning on doing Torna first in which case i'd say get that physically first and get Xenoblade 2 later.

Apart from the DLC Blades and some of the quests, the meat of Xenoblade 2's non-Torna DLC is basically post-game stuff.

I kinda want em together to get the whole experience in one fell swoop, so to say xD

Hoenstly, i can find XB2 for a good price (i did find some good deals, but not in my city) i can get it + DLC together.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's more about the fundamentals. In order to use a DSFE save point, a unit has to waste their turn and i am 100% opposed to having to waste something in order to save. There's a reason why games that do this sort of thing are extremely rare.

I see... Well, personally, I prefer to have to "earn" the saves, rather than just being handed save states/rewind under a fancier name and being allowed to destroy all semblance of difficulty in the game. But that's just my personal opinion, at this point.

Though I have to say, even considering your point, I'd still take Berwick Saga's 5-turn saves over either of the previously mentioned mechanics. It's a lot less broken, and you actually feel rewarded when you make it there safely.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I kinda want em together to get the whole experience in one fell swoop, so to say xD

Fair. And honestly, that's the way I would recommend.

But if you just had to get one for the time being, I'd say pick one or the other.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

5-turn saves

This is fine, I like this.

Like, I'd prefer being able to save every turn because that gives me more room for error but 5-turn saves are fine.

It's not as much of an issue that a unit need to use a turn so much as you can't freely choose when because you have to reach those points and if you wanted to save elsewhere some unit has to stay behind to do so. That's where the DS battle saves get my goat. And doing that last part of higher difficulties sounds like a joke.

RD on the other hand felt unfair to the game for me because of being able to use it constantly (Course, I might have thrown something because of 3-11 otherwise), no limits is too much power.

TW/DP is also abusable, but aside from the games it was in having their (terrible) moments, I feel like it's still less abusable than infinite saves on the basis of a numbered limit (again, the too many argument is still true), much as the obvious point about being able to undo actions being broken stands, I don't think so poorly of it honestly (plus SoV was better about it by not saving the RNG, preventing you from being able to rig beyond belief like in 3H. Sorry LTC fans).

Radiant Dawn skills are so funny.

>Deadeye

>Does 3x damage, also puts the enemy to sleep

Yeah bro, the enemy is going to sleep alright.

>Stun

>3x damage, paralyzes

Yeah bro, paralysis. Sure.

Alright, warpskipping done. Chapter 23 PLEASE BE GOOD... Est and Tiki need exp.....

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Indeed. FE3 Book 1 cuts out most of FE1's bad chapters.

Which chapters does it cut? Is there a list?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lol

Iirc Luna was even 5x damage and ignoring defense

like bro haha

That's Eclipse. Luna does 3x damage but point stands either way lmao.

The three types of RD skills:

Literally nothing

Formshift

Fuck you lol

Just now, Sooks said:

From the Wiki

Things that have been removed in FE3:

Five chapters (Battle in the Lea, The Pyrathi Dragon, The Wooden Cavalry, The Sable Order and Clash in Macedon) have been deleted from Book 1 of FE3. However, they are put back in the next remake, Shadow Dragon.

Six characters are missing: Wrys, Darros, Roger, Jake, Beckand Gotoh. Some other characters have had their recruitment changed to account for the removed chapters.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

"Things that have been removed in FE3: 

Five chapters (Battle in the Lea, The Pyrathi Dragon, The Wooden Cavalry, The Sable Order and Clash in Macedon) have been deleted from Book 1 of FE3. However, they are put back in the next remake, Shadow Dragon."

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait so if I didn’t get starlight would I be soft locked here? 🤔

No. You'd just have to beat the game without Falchion, making it significantly harder on yourself.

Edited by twilitfalchion