• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hexing Rod stares at me with all it's hate.

Yeah that one is annoying, but usually you should be able to take out the Hex'er before he uses it.

Still fucking annoying though

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:
Spoiler

Do blessings remove weight

Spoiler

No but my Soren cap'd str and thus didn't get AS penalty from siege tomes xD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

you guys can tell me about the blessings right now.

Let's leave it as a small surprise. You will know soon enough xS

I'll get to the original Xenoblade 2's tyrants as well, but that ones gonna take a bit longer! Not to mention, I'm much more comfortable with Torna's gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok good, cause I don't like BoC haha.

Agreed, just play the way you want to! 

I'm just doing it to say "I did it." 

(Your times will probably blow mine away, xd)

Edited by lightcosmo

So uh.....Lekain just hit the whole map with AoE Silence. Only Elincia was spared......and then she got hit with the Sleep. Meaning literally nobody can use Restore for like five turns.

This sounds like something Kaga would do. I think he infiltrated the RD dev team to pull this little trick.

11 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I like the fact Kirby cannot fly indefinitely which makes the game already tougher than other games. I am not sure about this, but you are suppossed to get as many of these crystal shards as possible to have maximum fire power against the final boss, right? If so, it is definitely a game of the harder and slower side.

All the Crystal Shards are mandatory to unlock the true final battle. If you don't get them all, you're still treated to a seemingly happy ending after the not-true final boss, complete with credits. But there is a hint in the ending that something isn't right. Two hints actually.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I honestly don't remember Lekain having that.

Either you killed him fast, or it wasn't a problem. I've usually seen him do it, but it's only Silence, affects your mages/staffs, but your physicals can keep killing no adverse effects, and Micaiah can Sacrifice to remove Silence on others without needing to transfer a single HP. Though it's odd that RD doesn't provide any indication of its endgame AoEs until they're used, thankfully corrected in SoV.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

You have to defeat Lekain at the latest in the second turn to prevent el-silence which is not too hard to do actually. Easiest way would be with double bow. Since all these generals near the wall and around Hetzel and Lekain are stationary, you can even place your dancer in this area. All final maps are suppossed to be beaten in 2-3 to prevent any more trouble. I have to admit 1-E is the hardest one for being a rout mission, the last one in the game though thankfully. That said E-2 is an one turn clear usually, if Ike has hammer, maxed strength and parity.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All the Crystal Shards are mandatory to unlock the true final battle. If you don't get them all, you're still treated to a seemingly happy ending after the not-true final boss, complete with credits. But there is a hint in the ending that something isn't right. Two hints actually.

Ooh, you are not talking about 

Spoiler

Zero 2 then?

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

Oh yes, Lekain's Silence. It's basically a Judge weapon. Not a guarantee to proc the Silence effect, but eh, it's manageable, I'd say...

You know, on the idea of status effects, not long ago I got into a conversation with someone out of site were we discussed on how FE could play around with the idea of using size change as a status effect. You know, have units shrink and grow. Could pair well with the Capture mechanic. Even play with map design. Like, an indoors map where it can be possible to pass "through" walls via small cracks among them, thus avoiding going the long way around. Doubt it will ever happen, but it's still an interesting thing...

I dunno. I never found the AoE silence to be much of an issue. Most of my units were fast enough to dodge the status staves, and the ones who did get hit were tanky enough to wait or get restored with sacrifice.

Ashera does have el-sleep, el-silence and el-stun.

The thing is that I never seen this happening because it happens every fifth turn, and she's usually taken down till turn 3.

Btw people told that el-stun could be basically like a game over, but seriously I don't know what it exactly does for never ever seeing it happening.

24 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Ooh, you are not talking about 

That which you include in the spoilers is the true final boss, who never reveals itself if you don't have all the Shards. The bad ending credits include a deceptive sketch of it, this mysterious creature you never encountered ingame. Thats one of the hints.

Strangely, you can get an enemy card- obtainable from the picnic jump that ends very level (the cards have absolutely no purpose besides being collected) of the true final boss at any time, you don't have to beat the game to get it to get it. The card won't tell you exactly what it is though, it won't say it's the final boss.

And most peculiar, I had a game guide back in the day for Kirby 64. It has the true final boss's enemy card shown, but the guide ends with the ominous last scene of the false ending. It never talked about the true final boss, not what you'd expect from a game guide. And as I never beat the untrue final boss, I never knew it existed, until many years later. Given what the true final boss is, I think child me was better off not knowing.🩸

14 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Btw people told that el-stun could be basically like a game over, but seriously I don't know what it exactly does for never ever seeing it happening.

According to SF, Ashera follows a fixed attack pattern. After the AoE stun, she cycles back to the start, with the AoE physical attack. I'm assuming the premise the stun leads to a game over is that enough and or characters get stunned, then comes the physical, and because of the stun, you're unable to react and heal people properly in preparation for the physical. -Though I've never experienced it myself.

But given the stun isn't until turn 10, you've plenty of time to do the deicide before that happens.

Meanwhile TearRing Saga, five years prior to RD, decided that if you didn't kill its final boss within 20 turns, it sings Yashiro's introductory song and instantly kills everyone, barring one lucky character, a literal Game Over.

Oh, and there is a suggestion in the data for a AoE Berserk in Radiant Dawn instead of the AoE stun. Besides the gameplay insanity that'd create, I don't like the idea of Ashera inflicting Berserk b/c lore. I prefer Order = Restraint = Stillness = Petrification and Chaos = Freedom = Activity = Berserk, an actually evil Yune would get the mass Berserk.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thats which you include in the spoilers is the true final boss, who never reveals itself if you don't have all the Shards. The bad ending credits include a deceptive sketch of it, this mysterious creature you never saw. Thats one of the hints.

Oh, I see.

Good to know!

According to SF, Ashera follows a fixed attack pattern. After the AoE stun, she cycles back to the start, with the AoE physical attack. I'm assuming the premise the stun leads to a game over is that enough and or characters get stunned, then comes the physical, and because of the stun, you're unable to react and heal people properly in preparation for the physical. -Though I've never experienced it myself.

Stun targets the opponent's resistance like el-silence does, right?

Actually now that I'm thinking about she might not have el-sleep. El-silence is turn 5 and el-stun is turn 10. And after that she repeats this pattern without end.

• Turn 1: AoE physical attack
  • Turn 2: single magical attack
  • Turn 3: AoE magical attack
  • Turn 4: single physical attack
  • Turn 5: AoE silence
  • Turn 6: AoE physical attack
  • Turn 7: single magical attack
  • Turn 8: AoE magical attack
  • Turn 9: single physical attack
  • Turn 10: AoE stun
  • Turn 11-xx: repeat of this pattern

Oh, and there is a suggestion in the data for a AoE Berserk

Actually a neat idea for my game, thanks!

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and there is a suggestion in the data for a AoE Berserk in Radiant Dawn instead of the AoE stun

Jesus Christ.

Although Berserk isn't even in RD so that's another reason why they probably scrapped it.