Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So, I finally got round to Radiant Historia PC's second end boss this evening after getting some good drops after a long time failing to.

Honestly, the boss ended up being less of a threat than I anticipated, though it still took long enough, probably due to only Stoke being stupidly highly levelled compared to the boss. The ending wasn't great either:

Spoiler

Barely do anything with Rhodan after the boss falls apart besides Nemesia finally feeling like she can be at peace and staying behind in Singularity, with everyone else getting out by way of the chronicles despite the chronicles being said to have been drained, with us catching up with everyone a year later, including the characters who were spared thanks to the parallel world shenanigans (e.g. Protea going into agriculture yet having her whole gown under a hooded robe, spin reveal and all), Eruca apparently no longer being explicitly royalty yet somehow still having a leadership role (Questions indeed), Hugo and Noah just wandering the world (I still feel off with how he got handled), Marco just ending up with Mimel's sister out of nowhere (Writers really couldn't figure a way to drag her back. Honestly it's hilarious and sad how jarring that is), Heiss still being able to use the Black Chronicle (Really low on juice huh? /s) to wander time and space, Stocke moved to Skalla I guess (Fair is fair, not a bad pick) with Raynie (Least that wasn't fumbled)

Suddenly everyone goes to the Imperial Ruins to see that one guy's work is bearing fruit (Or will I guess, considering we don't see the plants growing that far in the scene)and they all talk about Nemesia, before we see Nemsia in her ruined ship with Rhodan's body as she just goes talking to his corpse, while it turns out she only experience 5 years in between her life going to hell and the end of the game (Time travel for you). Then Stocke shows up, bearing a seed that allows him to reach her (Huh?), where he then goes that he was still determined to see their ending not suck, then going on about said seed (Which we got in game but I forgot because it was so long) and how it opened up a way to Nemesia and everyone just accepted "That's Stocke for you!" once again. Then Nemesia says the seed essentially is an item tied to it's own timeline which has been developed the whole time. The energy of the seed's enough to fix the Dunamis, freeing Nemesia and resurrecting Rhodan (well that's some prime contrivance there), before essentially cutting off before they get out to go to credits. For reference, Historia kinda slaps for being a decade old.

There'a post credit scene with Lippti and Teo in among the grass at the ruins, getting to finally see their work pan out and then head into the ruins. And RIP Cygnus? They got nothing.

Yeah I don't think it's as strong as the original ending. That sense of earning the ending's kinda dented when all that's been lost is restored too. Also the distance between the last time I played and now, that hurt it for sure.

Well, with that I have NG+ available...... I think I can leave that for another time because you have to do the main game all over before the stuff locked behind NG+.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

you're playing Re;birth, right? They should be an item command in battle

maybe it will unlock a bit later?

No, I'm gonna play that one after, I'm playing the PS3 original? I bought both cause the great deal on Steam. I want to have them and play them all as well!

My favorite part of RD's endgame is when the game doesn't tell me that the Spirits directly surrounding Sephrain have a chance of taking the bullet for him.

That's pretty important information to know IntSys. Don't know why you just chose to not put it in.

Honestly, I'd say Endgame is the worst Part of RD tbh.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My favorite part of RD's endgame is when the game doesn't tell me that the Spirits directly surrounding Sephrain have a chance of taking the bullet for him.

That's pretty important information to know IntSys. Don't know why you just chose to not put it in.

Support Defend

SRW did it first. Really, do you even SRPG?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont see anything wrong with it so far.

I've heard that the original basically had no budget.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I also plan on buying Victory. Worth it?

Just get ReBirth 3, it's basically just an improved version of the game.

There isn't really a reason to play the originals over the ReBirth titles honestly.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've heard that the original basically had no budget.

Just get ReBirth 3, it's basically just an improved version of the game.

There isn't really a reason to play the originals over the ReBirth titles honestly.

Ah, I see!

Yeah I know, but I had to at least try them! And when you can get them cheap why not? At least I can say I own them!

Apparently Mia can't oneturn (=4RKO) Deghinsea.

She can do 4x22 damage at best (including bloodtide and support which gives her +3 attack in A support), so would be 12 damage short.

Sephiran's purge attack - which I never ever have seen myself - is basically a single attack as Ashera has, just in range 3-10 (I think).

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

And of course, he also has the MAP... I mean, AoE version.

Strong Stats
Powerful Weapons
Flunkies that Support Defend him
MAP Attack
HP Regen L
Personal Battle Theme
Pre-Battle Talk Convos

... give him a mecha already, he's in the wrong series!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Sephiran's purge attack - which I never ever have seen myself - is basically a single attack as Ashera has, just in range 3-10 (I think).

Nope. He can double with it, as I learned the hard way when he doubled Gareth, who then proceeded to get bodied by the Spirits.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And of course, he also has the MAP... I mean, AoE version.

Strong Stats
Powerful Weapons
Flunkies that Support Defend him
MAP Attack
HP Regen L
Personal Battle Theme
Pre-Battle Talk Convos

... give him a mecha already, he's in the wrong series!

He doesn't have ?????? HP though, or a Warp Field that means even with everyone using Valor and their strongest attacks, maybe some Zeal or Enable, the final boss will survive one turn. Sephiran has the durability of a puny first map enemy.

Although, maybe that was just OG. I hear that after OG Gaiden got way too insane with the final boss HP bloat, that Banpresto turned it down in subsequent games.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's epic at least?

IS has learned its lesson on hiding information with latter final bosses, I think. So maybe an RD remake would be more openly informative, not that it excuses the original game though.

Felicia just got two 4% crits in the same round of combat. This is after she dodged two 75s in the same round of combat earlier. Felicia is RNGesus confirmed?

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I keep saying, Sephiran is a SRW boss that went to FE for a vacation...

Don’t you actually want people to play SRW?

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nope. He can double with it, as I learned the hard way when he doubled Gareth, who then proceeded to get bodied by the Spirits.

Ashera's single attacks consider the speed stat too, so keep this in mind.

Units with <29 AS will have serious trouble here.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He doesn't have ?????? HP though, or a Warp Field that means even with everyone using Valor and their strongest attacks, maybe some Zeal or Enable, the final boss will survive one turn. Sephiran has the durability of a puny first map enemy.

Although, maybe that was just OG. I hear that after OG Gaiden got way too insane with the final boss HP bloat, that Banpresto turned it down in subsequent games..

Well, I said SRW Boss, not SRW Final Boss. 😉

Though seriously, he ticks most of the checkboxes already. You could say Mantle is his barrier ability, problem is that everyone has how to pierce it already without further aid.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Don’t you actually want people to play SRW?

True. But it's not like player units in SRW are like the chumps ones of FE.

Ok so I literally cannot save Mist. Ashera keeps targeting her with Purge 2 for 40 damage, which is more than enough to oneshot Mist (actually exactly enough, she could be doing more tho). Only way to save her is to just not use her here, which means I have to go back to the prep screen and transfer her Fortify to Elincia. Which means I have to redo the map. There go 40 minutes of my time.

Yeah, this Endgame sucks imo. The only Endgame in the whole series where I'm forced to not go in with full deployment because some characters just suddenly became liabilities out of nowhere. 

I was hoping to finish Radiant Dawn tonight but I guess not.

Edit: Ashera randomly decided to not target Mist this time. Guess I'll keep going.

Edited by Armagon

Ok aura's down, time to finish thi-

>Ike has 43% hit-rate because his Biorythm is at Worst

I KNEW IT, I KNEW THIS MECHANIC WOULD BITE ME IN THE ASS AT SOME POINT!

Edited by Armagon

8 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Can't Micaiah use fortify?

No.

8 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Again try to take her down in turn 2 with all the dragon supports you have not to let her do the single attack.

In order for me to do that, I would have to take out all the auras unless it's just to clear a path.

Parity on Ike would give him 10% better hit, as placing the dragons next to him.

But yeah, Ashera's five authority stars are painful.

In order for me to do that, I would have to take out all the auras unless it's just to clear a path.

I don't know who you brought to the endgame and what stats they have, but certain units are able to ORKO an aura like Elincia.

Taking out five auras in one turn is really possible, if you make good use of whitepool.

Placement tip: Nasir two spaces below the bottom central aura. Ena and Gareth below the bottom left and bottom right aura.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia