• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Whoa, Hperdimension Neptunia is actually pretty difficult! Like, damn.

Yeah. 

Btw, if you are playing the original (not Re;Birth) make sure to not make your characters ko'd as you lose shares, which might lock you out of the true ending.

With Re;Birth you don't lose shares thankfully, and you have the quests at the end to get the right shares for true end.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

It’s mostly a birthright joke. I’m assuming you don’t care about the plot but 

Hide contents

he accepts an obviously evil dark mage into his party who he first encounters when he uses “illusion magic” to disguise himself as the leader of a neutral territory to lead them there and kill them, complete with cartoon villain evil laughter, who everyone around him says is evil.

I mean, in Conquest Corrin fails to realize that Garon's fucked up until Azura shows him having a mud bath. Y'know, even though he's literally gray. What you describe is really not much of a stretch. Corrin's a gullible moron.

...And yet they consider murdering Shura. I can't choose to tell Gunter to stay alert when Hans very suspiciously blocks the way back, I can't choose to just tell the siblings about Garon and kick his ass out of the throne, I can't choose to stop Hans from murdering Scarlet to death, I can't choose to murder that asshole Azama after he reduced my units' HP to nothing... but I can choose to kill this random-ass pirate who barely did anything and who's actually morally ambiguous, unlike the wonder siblings overthere who are unambiguously insane and pushing me to kill this random-ass pirate who barely did anything. Why?

Oh right, it's because he's old. Like, something around 40, eugh. Modern FE no likey rickety ancient old men. Whoever snuck Hanneman past the executives has my eternal gratitude seriously

By the way, speaking of the guy! Shura is great. You know how y'all have been incessantly telling me that Niles is bad and ugly constantly? Well, Shura is what a blessed Niles looks like at base. How do I know? He had roughly the same stats as my godly Niles, give or take one or two points here and there. Guy joins and is instantly a monster with the shining bow. And he has D staves, which is nice! So yeah, here's my hot take of the day: Grab Shura in your next run. He's awesome. Fuck the boots, pair-up exists.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Fake Bowser doesn't have a spanish/latino name

You know who does? Queen Fire Emblem Fates. They actually changed her name to Reyna in the Spanish version, funnily enough. Not that it's anything new. They, for instance, changed Innes's name to James, because Ines is a female name in Spanish.

...How they made the jump from Innes to James is beyond me, though.

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Reina and Linh already looking to be the best bachelorettes. >.>

Wait-- Another one? How many people are called Queen out there...?

If you ask me, the most WTF name change I'd seen is Manuela to Miguela....

Yes, I'm aware what Manuela can be slang for in like... one or two countries of the entire Spanish speaking world... and that's the problem!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Fake Bowser doesn't have a spanish/latino name

obvious joke about how all the monsters in XB1 had spanish names

I know some of them do but I don't remember all of them having Spanish names.

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/get_a_first_look_at_the_story_of_seasons_marriage_candidates

First look at the marriageables from the new SOS game.

"Laura is an ocean-loving tour guide with a "spunky tomboy that doesn't want to settle down" vibe, if you ask us. She apparently thinks that wet sand is the "best feeling in the world", which might be a dealbreaker for some of you."

Anakin Skywalker dislikes this.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

If you ask me, the most WTF name change I'd seen is Manuela to Miguela....

Yes, I'm aware what Manuela can be slang for in like... one or two countries of the entire Spanish speaking world... and that's the problem!

I once had an English teacher called Manuela. I didn't find out about the slang until I discovered the Three Houses thing.

Out of curiousity, is Ostia also a swear word over where you live?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Mist is german for crap xD

That gives a whole new meaning to "D'oh I missed!"

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I usually do. An extra staffer never hurts.

He falls of a bit after ch20, but he still has ultility as a staffer

Funnily enough, his ranks are worse than Candace's. But Candace has like no magic.

I must say, I quite like this game's classes. I mean, archer thieves that promote into healers? That, right there, is rad. Yet another aspect where it hands Three Houses its butt on a silver platter. It's ridiculous how much of a regression 3H is from Conquest in so many aspects. But I guess story bad, yeah.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Then again i usually play all my games in english because playing games in any other language is just...wrong

For me, it started when I began to play more obscure titles that lacked Spanish translations, and online games (read, TF2) where everyone used English to communicate. Eventually, it became habit.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, I quite like this game's classes. I mean, archer thieves that promote into healers? That, right there, is rad.

And you only have access to like half the class, since the other half is Hoshidian.

For example, the equivalent to Sages (Promoted Mages + Staffers) is Hoshido only, so is the Archer/Sniper and Pegasi lines, and much more. Although some of the Nohrian characters do have access to them as heart seal options.

For example: Odin can heartseal into Samurai (Myrmidon), Laslow into Ninja (although you have Kaze for that) and Severa into Sky Knight (Pegasi that also accept men) that can promote into either Falco (Lance + Staff) or Kinshi (Lance + Bow)...

Eventually, it became habit.

Basically, yup. 

Edited by Shrimperor

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, the pronunciation is literally the same tho

Yeah, but... Far enough, I guess? I'm just glad they didn't call her James, too.

One name change that's just baffling to me is Bern. Changed to Biran in Spanish FE7. Why? Bern means nothing in Spanish, as far as I'm aware, and it's not difficult to pronounce or anything like that! What gives?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And you only have access to like half the class, since the other half is Hoshidian.

For example, the equivalent to Sages (Promoted Mages + Staffers) is Hoshido only, so is the Archer/Sniper and Pegasi lines, and much more.

The Hoshidan classes look really fun. Some of them are so outlandish, in a good way!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Although some of the Nohrian characters do have access to them as heart seal options.

For example: Odin can heartseal into Samurai (Myrmidon), Laslow into Ninja (although you have Kaze for that) and Severa into Sky Knight (Pegasi that also accept men) that can promote into either Falco (Lance + Staff) or Kinshi (Lance + Bow)...

Ooooooor you can capture. Kumagera and Haitaka are both insanely good, and if Roland is any indication, even the most mundane generics could work well enough if you give them some love. Perhaps I should capture me some earlygame diviners next run...

Seriously, you guys way underplayed capturing. What a wonderful mechanic it is. Niles earned the right to exist if only for that.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I once had an English teacher called Manuela. I didn't find out about the slang until I discovered the Three Houses thing.

Out of curiousity, is Ostia also a swear word over where you live?

Me neither actually. It was TH that made me find out. It's a Southern Cone thing, more or less.

Not here in Mexico. ¡Y es hostia, tío!

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, you guys way underplayed capturing. What a wonderful mechanic it is. Niles earned the right to exist if only for that.

Thing is...

Most of us here despise Niles' guts and/or have bad luck with him. 

Like i try to capture with Niles sometimes but he deals 0 Damage and capture command not only disables attack stance, but removes all support bonuses as well, so hit rates plummet to hell as well haha.

I think only Eltosian over here in the Thread had a good Niles xD

The Hoshidan classes look really fun. Some of them are so outlandish, in a good way!

I am doing a Class switcher run atm, where i edited every one to have their hoshidian equivalent of classes.

For Example: Camilla became a Kinshi (huge nerf), Niles a Ninja, Luigi an Outlaw, the Mages Diviners, etc.

Quite fun haha.

But in the middle of it i decided to take a break from FE because i've been only playing conquest for a while and wanted to play other stuff.

Edited by Shrimperor

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

PSA: Dragonstones don’t help Corrin tank magic.

They have for me. Maybe they're not perfect for tanking mages, but mixed tanking at least?

If only Dstones were just a little bit better, I see them as the "shield" to the Yato's sword which comprises the fated one's weaponry. The draconic scutum needs either a bigger spike for pain when the enemy rams into it, or another layer of orichalcum to shore up its endurance.

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Then again i usually play all my games in english because playing games in any other language is just...wrong

Japan does leave scattered bits of English in many games, for the same reason I'd hazard. Video games originated in America and coding began in English, so the Japanese expect a measure of English/Engrish, and it can be weird to them if there isn't.

It might not be your native tongue, but it's the written tongue you're used to in this field. Comparable to how Muslims speak and read the Quran in Arabic be they in Canada or Indonesia, and the way that for centuries Koreans and Japanese read and wrote literature in Chinese.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So have I. The most recent Niles zero'ed in on all his targets' vitals. 

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..How they made the jump from Innes to James is beyond me, though.

Would there have been a problem in Spanish if they used his Japanese name, Heanius?

One name change that's just baffling to me is Bern. Changed to Biran in Spanish FE7. Why? Bern means nothing in Spanish, as far as I'm aware, and it's not difficult to pronounce or anything like that! What gives?

Maybe because Bern is the capital of Switzerland? I noticed in those days it was common for IS to localize away real world references. Hence Orleans to Aurelis, Macedonia to Medon, etc.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but it's the written tongue you're used to in this field

As someone who speaks three languages, i can confirm that. I have to assign every langauage it's own fields, so to say. Trying to speak about certain fields in a different language than the one i am used to is...weird....

That's what happens when you grow up traveling and speaking different languages

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing is...

Most of us here despise Niles' guts and/or have bad luck with him. 

I learned to ignore all your inferior opinions when you tried pushing Elise on me. Elise! Eugh!

I figured as much. It's a shame, you guys are missing out on some good stuff. Pretty sure Kumagera is invincible in Ninja Hell at base... And unlike Xander he has WTA too! And Haitaka has grown into a beast. I should share my team one of these days... Maybe after Ignatius joins.

As for him as a character, well... Not gonna lie, I wasn't too fond of Niles at first, but his Azura support changed my opinion of him a bit. He's just really awkward and socially underdeveloped, poor guy.

Like i try to capture with Niles sometimes but he deals 0 Damage and capture command not only disables attack stance, but removes all support bonuses as well, so hit rates plummet to hell as well haha.

Not any longer. Rubenio made him work, because that is the Way of Rubenio: All the good units go to the bench, and everyone else becomes godly.

...Did I mention that I am not using any of the royals? Because I totally am not. Sometimes I wish I had a second dragon vein user, but that's about it. For everything else, there's Kumagera.

I am doing a Class switcher run atm, where i edited every one to have their hoshidian equivalent of classes.

For Example: Camilla became a Kinshi (huge nerf), Niles a Ninja, the Mages Diviners, etc.

Quite fun haha.

Sure sounds like it!

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Que Ositia...

Oof! IntSys, feel the Biran!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Would there have been a problem in Spanish if they used his Japanese name, Heanius?

Nope. It looks a bit wonky, but then again, this is the same series with shit like Tormod, Belf, Orridyon (a personal favorite of mine), Draug, Deghinsea... It wouldn't have looked too out of place.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe because Bern is the capital of Switzerland? I noticed in those days it was common for IS to localize away real world references. Hence Orleans to Aurelis, Macedonia to Medon, etc.

I guess, but why only the Spanish version?

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/get_a_first_look_at_the_story_of_seasons_marriage_candidates

First look at the marriageables from the new SOS game.

That’s a funny way of spelling Reina and Blaire. Anyway would a Stardew fan like this game? And why are all of the men chads again?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sometimes I wish I had a second dragon vein user

Do the Hidden Truth DLC maps and get Dragon Blood to use on some of your peeps

Some of the upcoming maps really really require Dragon vein use, or designed in such a way.