Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

I have made a funny discovery in Berwick, though I'll need to test for a glitch to see if this is actually applicable. 

Y'know that Pulverizer weapon from 9-1, the one with 1 prec and 40 mt? Well, if it were possible to take it out of that mission, it could be used in a very funny way. However, the following conditions would need to be met:

Daoud would need to hit his strength cap of 25, and have at least 51 axe skill.

He would also need to stack full battle cry.

Before crit, the math ends up as such: 25 + 40 + 18 = 83

83 * 2 = 166

With a rigged max damage crit, this value becomes 186.

Now, here's the fun part: Chaos. Chaos has 20 defense. And the Vajra divides damage by three. Now, looking at this, if one were to use this pure cannon on Chaos, the math would be such: (186-20)/3 = 55.3333. Not quite enough to kill Chaos, and the same damage that would be dealt by a 15-strength Faye who lands all hits of Astra using Vritra.

...Or it would be. Vajra has a unique quirk in how it rounds damage: it divides the final damage by three, but instead of rounding down or up and leaving it at that, it cuts off the decimal entirely... and adds 1. So, with a crit roll of 19 or 20, Chaos would be exactly one-hit KO'd by Daoud.

The fact that all of this, save for taking the pulverizer out of 9-1, is technically possible amazes me.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The fact that all of this, save for taking the pulverizer out of 9-1, is technically possible amazes me.

And the best part? Even if you got Daoud to 60 axe skill, with all the hitrate buffs one could muster, the strategy would have a bit under a 1% chance of working. With just 51 axe skill, the odds are much worse. 

With 51 axe skill: The hitrate I guessed was about 82, with a crit rate of 1% divided in half by Chaos's charm, and the 2/11 chance of getting the proper crit damage.

.82*.005*.18181818 = .07455% odds.

With 60 axe skill: The new hitrate would be 91, with a crit rate of 10% divided in half by the charm.

.91*.05*.18181818 = .8273%

Also, I'm currently on 9-1 for my current run, so once I record the map, I'm gonna revisit the save and test if I can get the Pulverizer out either by killing a unit who has it and getting it from the graveyard, or getting a unit who has it captured by the enemy, because they keep their inventories. Considering you can do something similar to the latter option with Larentia in 11-1, it might just be possible. I don't think it's likely, but I'm still gonna try.

Edited by Spara

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Also, I'm currently on 9-1 for my current run, so once I record the map, I'm gonna revisit the save and test if I can get the Pulverizer out either by killing a unit who has it and getting it from the graveyard, or getting a unit who has it captured by the enemy, because they keep their inventories. Considering you can do something similar to the latter option with Larentia in 11-1, it might just be possible. I don't think it's likely, but I'm still gonna try.

Let us know what happens! I'm quite curious, myself.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:
Spoiler

Also, that ones a huge, I beat the boss but lose the cutscene fight! Scene. 

Spoiler

I mean, we didn't beat Jin in that battle

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Start Ursula's Blade Quest ASAP. You need to see her Heart-to-Heart first but after that, head over to the fountain in Torigoth at night iirc.

Is her quest that important?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Also who are you referring to with the Saint Seiya mention?

Perun

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
Spoiler

The designs of the Torna crew were done by the Tetsuya Nomura

Spoiler

Should've known xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Tell me how leaving a magazine open to an advertisement about an android means you have illegal ones in your house. Don’t be dumb, game.

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

After I start FE: TH in a month or so, if I'm feeling like a real dare devil I may actually entertain the notice of playing TMS # FE. 

Pick Black Eagles.

It's 1400AD! 15th Century here at last, 53 years left on the clock. The home stretch!

Also, for some reason a few realms decided to implode. Most of central Europe's borders are a mess... again...

juBZwFR.png

Also, I'm half convinced the Mongol Empire moved their capital to Kiev to avoid losing Bavaria due to Exclave Game Rule... maybe...

Also, a little bonus, my Culture map:

WBNKfuH.png

No Andalusians present. Never gave them the chance to trigger. Ah well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Wha... What in the Hell... I just randomly got a different version of the "Wife's Portrait" citizen request conclusion! I haven't watched the scene in full yet (I was speeding through it), but it's definitely different to what I've seen in the past three runs...

Berwick experts, would you mind explaining what's going on? Because I cannot begin to imagine what I could've done differently in this run that might've affected this particular request... Is this my reward for purchasing half the furniture, or what?

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wha... What in the Hell... I just randomly got a different version of the "Wife's Portrait" citizen request conclusion! I haven't watched the scene in full yet (I was speeding through it), but it's definitely different to what I've seen in the past three runs...

Berwick experts, would you mind explaining what's going on? Because I cannot begin to imagine what I could've done differently in this run that might've affected this particular request... Is this my reward for purchasing half the furniture, or what?

Spoiler

Wait, you got the one with the thief who gives you the Crotalus, right? I got that too! I have no clue why...Perhaps it's unit who discovers the portrait?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Is her quest that important?

The narrative itself, not really. But Ursula's Blade Quest is long as shit (unless you grind it out and lose your soul in the process). The earlier you start the quest, the better.

The good thing about it is that it provides the quickest Merc Missions, allowing you to quickly fill out Blade Affinity Charts.

Perun

....huh.

I mean, I barely know anything about Saint Seiya so I'll take your word for it.

Edit: wait, I think Ursula's Blade Quest is temporarily unavailable at the point in the story that you're at because, you know.

Edited by Armagon

13 minutes ago, Benice said:
  Hide contents

Wait, you got the one with the thief who gives you the Crotalus, right? I got that too! I have no clue why...Perhaps it's unit who discovers the portrait?

Spoiler

That's the one, yeah. Before I've always gotten the version where Lazlow was telling the truth, and the crotalus was just a thing he bought a long time ago from some peddler.

You're probably right about what caused the change. In all my past runs I'm fairly certain I had Axel get the portrait. This time, it was Czene.

Well, just watched the scene in full.

I haven't the faintest idea why there's two different versions of this citizen request. Even the reward's the same. But okay, sure. Whatever you say, Berwick Saga.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, we didn't beat Jin in that battle

Spoiler

I simply mean that when you crush the stooges, the after fight with them is kinda absurd. 

Not that Jin is relevant in what I'm saying, although it was kinda overkill. But they had to have a reason to take Pyra away from you, sooo yeah.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, it's probably in your best interest to focus on the story for this chapter.

I think for today i will focus on poppi xD

Get 100k Crystals or something to prepare for Omega Poppi or whatever she's called xD

Well and let some of my 'main' blades do merc quests for nodes i can't/don't want to clear

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yo, Xenobladers, how do I do the Mysterious Note quest? I've got the note, but I can't get up to the platform I'm suppose to go to with it.

You will be able to reach that platform later from somewhere else

Just keep your eyes open

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You will be able to reach that platform later from somewhere else

Just keep your eyes open

Later as in story progression is required, or just whenever I figure it out?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Later as in story progression is required, or just whenever I figure it out?

Later on the same titan. There's an area you can go down  from to reach the platform

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how Kaga rewards you for finding and using the character that appears in turn 20 of a map by making two future maps harder.

I hate you, Esteban.

him appearing in turn 20 when i cleared the map in 12 turns already made me hate him lol

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how Kaga rewards you for finding and using the character that appears in turn 20 of a map by making two future maps harder.

I hate you, Esteban.

What happened? Did someone get killed by 10-2 Grauve?

Also, gotta love how Esteban literally makes an already hard game slightly more difficult just so he can get a girlfriend. That's pretty funny.