Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Early ch9

Spoiler

So Amalthus is a blade eater...

So how was Haze alive then?

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

The life sharing thing only applies to Rex and Pyra/Mythra specifically. It doesn't apply to Blade Eaters.

Spoiler

But for example it applies to Zeke/Pandy, too, as he also shares the crystal with her.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Early ch9

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

He took half her Core at some point in the past. Being a Blade Eater doesn't kill the Blade whose Core was used if it was only partially.

Also no, it doesn't apply to Zeke and Pandy. Yeah, a part of Pandy's Core Crystal is keeping Zeke alive but their life forces aren't connected.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Being a Blade Eater doesn't kill the Blade whose Core was used if it was only partially.

Huh. Oh.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Also no, it doesn't apply to Zeke and Pandy. Yeah, a part of Pandy's Core Crystal is keeping Zeke alive but their life forces aren't connected

Spoiler

What happened at Elpys implies otherwise though

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Huh. Oh.

Hide contents

What happened at Elpys implies otherwise though

Spoiler

Nah, what happened at Elpys was the place was sapping the ether. Since Zeke has a bit of Core Crystal in him, he was a little bit affected and since it's stated that being in Elpys too long could potentially kill a Blade, he wanted Pandy to stay behind for her well-being.

But hypothetically, if either of them were to kick the bucket, the other could still live on since Blade Eater tech is a surgical procedure. It's like transplanting a kidney.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who patented what vague game mechanic before?

From reports they've been trying to patent this for years.

It's more so that this kind of patent use has had a chilling effect before.

49 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who patented what vague game mechanic before?

I remember reading once the original PS2 version of Okami had a minigame on the loading screens that could get you a few extra Demon Fangs. The Wii port which I played didn't have it, supposedly because some other company, I forget which, had claimed exclusive rights over the "loading screen minigame" idea.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Wii port which I played didn't have it, supposedly because some other company, I forget which, had claimed exclusive rights over the "loading screen minigame" idea.

I'm trying to remember who, something's telling me Taito or Namco.

So, facing SPOILERS in ISLA SPOILERS, I managed to take out one of their mons by getting it poisoned and it being unable to switch as it was locked into a move.

Sadly I wasn't right on the numbers and it survived a turn, but still, knowing it was not able to get away with anything was neat.

(Also, USUM, the Recon Squad's going make me angry isn't it? I really need to check the script because I feel like a lot was changed about this part of the game. Yet essentially nothing before not.)

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ch9 complete

d53c683fcec907613bf00ce0a3ca734e.gif

Word of advice: when you get to the door right outside the final boss, save and then completely shut down the Switch. Wait a few seconds and then turn it back on. There was an issue (idk if it's actually been resolved) where the final cutscene severely drops in frames (this happened to me on my first run). The cause seems to be a memory leak issue with the Switch itself iirc, it probably got fixed but just in case, you should do what I mentioned.

Spoiler

Didn't Klaus/Zanza get rekt in XB1...?

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

d53c683fcec907613bf00ce0a3ca734e.gif

Word of advice: when you get to the door right outside the final boss, save and then completely shut down the Switch. Wait a few seconds and then turn it back on. There was an issue (idk if it's actually been resolved) where the final cutscene severely drops in frames (this happened to me on my first run). The cause seems to be a memory leak issue with the Switch itself iirc, it probably got fixed but just in case, you should do what I mentioned.

Jo thx^^

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

All I'm gonna say is keep playing.

In other news, the Superbosses have now appeared. Or maybe they show up after your progress the chapter a bit. I forget but just know this is where they start to show up. I can give you a list of you want.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

All I'm gonna say is keep playing.

In other news, the Superbosses have now appeared. Or maybe they show up after your progress the chapter a bit. I forget but just know this is where they start to show up. I can give you a list of you want.

Thanks, but i will do em later (after i finish the game, or maybe after Torna) as i don't wanna ruin the finale mood i am in atm xD

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wonder if next time I just go ahead and finish the remaining 23 years.

Is 23 years a long time to play out?

45 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Also, USUM, the Recon Squad's going make me angry isn't it? I really need to check the script because I feel like a lot was changed about this part of the game. Yet essentially nothing before not.)

Is this Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

Spoiler

The Recon Squad is really just kinda there.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is 23 years a long time to play out?

At this point, yeah. Game doesn't run as fast as it did at the beginning, having tons of data worth processing, since it has to keep log on things. To wit, even compressed, save files are over 40MB's each. Still, months still go by in less than 10 seconds each, so... the real time-sink is that I tend to pause the game often to do stuff.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is this Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

Reveal hidden contents

The Recon Squad is really just kinda there.

Well, I kinda assumed that so far considering they've walking in and out of scenes so far like they're the dancers in the route boundaries.

SPOILER's looking like they've gotten a bit of retconning though. A pretty substantial one too to make them less of a downright monster.