Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Again, as someone who had only Byleth and Claude flying out of his initial group, yes R&D's a bitch and I suspect it'll be a little worse in SS with one less unit to work with. But the other units don't all have to be wyverns to make it.

The biggest issue in my opinion is dealing with the groups near the main two. Once they're handled I would argue the map becomes bearable. But yeah, fuck those first few (read: at least 5 unless you plan on LTC'ing it) turns.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I actually made it through with no issues with only Claude, Byleth and Leonie as fliers, with the latter two being peggies.

Just now, Sooks said:

It’s not actually that bad from what I’ve seen, I think. Besides, I can just prepare before chapter 12 since there is a skip with base level Seteth that I can use just in case.

Well, I'm sorry if I'm being overly paranoid, but that chapter's just evil. I'd rather be safe than risk wasting my time. And it's a ton of time to waste, going up to chapter 13. It's enough to make one so bitter that one'll still be ranting about how awful the game is over a year later.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is there a cheat code I can use to make the enemy drop their weapons.

Well, that looks like the end of my hope that you'd enjoy a Kaga game other than that borefest Mystery of the Emblem.

Not that I know of. I never needed one, never looked for one.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I'm sorry if I'm being overly paranoid, but that chapter's just evil. I'd rather be safe than risk wasting my time. And it's a ton of time to waste, going up to chapter 13. It's enough to make one so bitter that one'll still be ranting about how awful the game is over a year later.

But the Seteth skip. I will be fine.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't blame you hating the chapter, I'm just giving an idea of what I had to work with on that map. You do realise I reset the whole map around a dozen times on the first two turns alone? I'm saying it's possible, not that I found it an enjoyable experience that I would have tweaked if I had the power instead of yeeting the map into the sun for daring to be such a travesty of design contradicting the goals the devs had gone for strategy in 3H like I would do.

(I can confirm despite Hilda eventually flying, in that map she was a Warrior.... and I know this because she was MVP somehow)

Just now, Sooks said:

But the Seteth skip. I will be fine.

Good, you had more sense than me.

(Wait, so you're doing this with BE? I thought it was BL.)

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that looks like the end of my hope that you'd enjoy a Kaga game other than that borefest Mystery of the Emblem.

I'm definitely docking points for the inclusion of this map but I really don't want this map to end my run.

But good God, I have never seen a map this horrendously designed.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Good, you had more sense than me.

(Wait, so you're doing this with BE? I thought it was BL.)

Really? We just talked about how tough Dimitri is in the mock battle yesterday.

But yeah, I’m going Silver Snow for the run that unlocks me the golden title screen because it’s a loose canon.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I'm definitely docking points for the inclusion of this map but I really don't want this map to end my run.

But good God, I have never seen a map this horrendously designed.

At this point my catchphrase may as well be "I disagree with you Armagon" lol

I really don't think it's that bad... Well, mostly. As much as I hate to admit it, I can totally see Ernst being this much of a problem. Honestly, they should've given the player an out, like with Barbarossa and next map's boss. Maybe have a prepromote with Nihil and good enough stats to put up a good fight against Ernst. As it is, Ernst can be a serious issue if your units aren't up to speed.

But seriously, not even Narron?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You do realise I reset the whole map around a dozen times on the first two turns alone? I'm saying it's possible, not that I found it an enjoyable experience that I would have tweaked if I had the power instead of yeeting the map into the sun for daring to be such a travesty of design contradicting the goals the devs had gone for strategy in 3H like I would do.

Never tried to imply that you guys are defending the map or anything like that. I genuinely do think that I may've come across as overly paranoid. But, well, can you blame me? That fucking map ruined the game for me! More than anything else!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But seriously, not even Narron?

Narron can feasibly do it, the problem is that Ernst keeps activating every skill known to man. If Narron doesn't miss, then Pavise gets activated, for instance.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Really? We just talked about how tough Dimitri is in the mock battle yesterday.

But yeah, I’m going Silver Snow for the run that unlocks me the golden title screen because it’s a loose canon.

I mean 3H as whole is meant to have a loose canon, so which route you choose is fair game if you ask me.

But yeah you have one less unit to work with in RaD, so be very sure how the strat will work with what you have.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Never tried to imply that you guys are defending the map or anything like that. I genuinely do think that I may've come across as overly paranoid. But, well, can you blame me? That fucking map ruined the game for me! More than anything else!

True.

Just going to put a little quiz thing here:

RaD, fishing and ________ form the triple threat of Three Houses.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Narron can feasibly do it, the problem is that Ernst keeps activating every skill known to man. If Narron doesn't miss, then Pavise gets activated, for instance.

Yeah... Honestly? I couldn't blame you if you just save state abused this encounter at this point. RNG changds whenever a unit enters combat or uses a staff. Use that.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean 3H as whole is meant to have a loose canon, so which route you choose is fair game if you ask me.

But yeah you have one less unit to work with in RaD, so be very sure how the strat will work with what you have.

True.

Claude! The answer is Claude, that shitstain Holmes wannabe!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Claude! The answer is Claude, that shitstain Holmes wannabe!

I'll be honest, 1: I wouldn't put story in there myself and 2: I really don't get the Cluade hate on.

There's plenty of issues with the writing and we could go complaining about his misuse and how "if he and all this other crap were gone the story wouldn't be shit", but I really don't see how that makes the character itself hateable.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

RNG changds whenever a unit enters combat or uses a staff. Use that.

Now that I know how that works, I think I honestly might. Before I didn't know if the RNG locked in unless you did a different action.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It’s just a matter of arranging Seteth’s inventory, and getting him and Byleth battalions. I’ll look closely at it later. But even then it’s only a last resort, I should be fine.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Tea time.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'll be honest, 1: I wouldn't put story in there myself and 2: I really don't get the Cluade hate on.

There's plenty of issues with the writing and we could go complaining about his misuse and how "if he and all this other crap were gone the story wouldn't be shit", but I really don't see how that makes the character itself hateable.

Okay, now seriously... Is it ambush reinforcements?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now that I know how that works, I think I honestly might. Before I didn't know if the RNG locked in unless you did a different action.

Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But even then it’s only a last resort, I should be fine.

I sure hope so.

Tea time

You mean "stare uncomfortably at the underaged students while they deliver lines expressing their discomfort" time?

Seriously, it may be Better Than Fates, but tea time had me cringing really hard the four times I did it.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, now seriously... Is it ambush reinforcements?

That is one to consider. They do exist throughout the game after all.

Maybe I should have left all three open, but the two I picked were immediately apparent for me and I wasn't sure what to pick as my third.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You mean "stare uncomfortably at the underaged students while they deliver lines expressing their discomfort" time?

Seriously, it may be Better Than Fates, but tea time had me cringing really hard the four times I did it.

So you understand.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That is one to consider. They do exist throughout the game after all.

Maybe I should have left all three open, but the two I picked were immediately apparent for me and I wasn't sure what to pick as my third.

I’m guessing that’s a no to tea time. Maybe I should answer seriously as well.

Battalions?

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I sure hope so.

Why, thank you.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I’m guessing that’s a no to tea time. Maybe I should answer seriously as well.

Battalions?

I just didn't get round to responding to yours, if you want to count it yourself sure. I probably wouldn't but yeah, actual character reveals aren't really there (And also random), so disappointing.

Honestly Battalions needed to better balanced (e.g. on gambits look at Stride being too powerful and it's there from the beginning), but I did enjoy them myself.The stat alteration was something I actually wanted to take into account while playing for instance.

And that’s chapter 4 done. This difficulty is fun guys, and it was supposed to be sucking basically this whole time. How much longer will this last, I wonder?

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I just didn't get round to responding to yours, if you want to count it yourself sure. I probably wouldn't but yeah, actual character reveals aren't really there (And also random), so disappointing.

Honestly Battalions needed to better balanced (e.g. on gambits look at Stride being too powerful and it's there from the beginning), but I did enjoy them myself.The stat alteration was something I actually wanted to take into account while playing for instance.

The class system or certifications? I know those are unpopular.

Or maybe if you dislike fishing, you dislike gardening as well.

Ok I am attempting a different strategy altogether. I will try to Blitzkrieg this by sending Narron against the wall of Artillerymen at the start. They can't do shit to him tbh. Everyone else will go around the cliff so thar Leonie can snipe the ballista there. Runan will talk with Stephanie.

The plan against Ernst is to overwhelm him with units. Narron will get their first. I also have my psychic staff (which I did have in the original strategy but the battle lasted so long it got used up) as well as Rebecca's Golem staff, to provide extra cover.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And that’s chapter 4 done. This difficulty is fun guys, and it was supposed to be sucking basically this whole time. How much longer will this last, I wonder?

Well, did you avoid DK?

I find Chapter 5 only a little annoying. Bernadetta can use Deadeye to being down Miklan's HP from a distance and so long as you can deal with the enemies moving sooner it makes his first phase faster. Without Deadeye (Despite having her, she didn't have the bow rank) I didn't find him too much of an issue, mostly making mistakes while getting to him.

Or maybe if you dislike fishing, you dislike gardening as well.

Gardening's main issue is the lack of ingame information.

Fishing has that and one of the worst fishing minigames to ever exist.

Alright, the time to continue my mega campaign may not be near yet... but, I might try to keep the Paradox playtime alive with something else. That being, Victoria 2! Using the Historical Project Mod, to go crazy on stuff.

So...

gUJf12a.png

This will be a bumpy ride...

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's also something that is totally ahistorical for the medieval university! 

I'm taking excessively detailed notes on a chapter in a book about medieval universities, blame Three Houses for that, and it has not mentioned fishing so far. 

Gardening however is on the list of mentioned "jobs to help pay your way through college" believe it or not.:

• Many students, more than merely the poor, worked their way through college, by…
    • Serving faculty and rich classmates.
    • Toiling in dining halls and kitchens.
    • Singing in local church choirs.
    • Tutoring younger students.
    • Gardening.
    • Laboring in campus construction.
    • Copying manuscript books for stationers.

There are obvious inconsistencies from IRL in 3H: no lady pope on the premises, nor women at all, weapons were verboten on campus, and war wasn't in the lesson plans whatsoever.

And yet, things aren't a perfect train wreck of incompatibility. Three Houses might be better renamed "Three Nations". Why? Because the word "nation", or natio or nationes, derives from the medieval European university. A "nation" referred to a student (or sometimes faculty or scholars) organization each based on a usually very rough geographic region of origin. The nations came into existence to provide physical security for students attending foreign universities and a ready source of socialization. When you're a stranger in a country that doesn't know you or you it, it helps to have protection against discrimination and the potential harm that could bring, and to have people who might speak your vernacular and introduce you to the school's inner workings and counteract loneliness you may develop.

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, did you avoid DK?

I find Chapter 5 only a little annoying. Bernadetta can use Deadeye to being down Miklan's HP from a distance and so long as you can deal with the enemies moving sooner it makes his first phase faster. Without Deadeye (Despite having her, she didn't have the bow rank) I didn't find him too much of an issue, mostly making mistakes while getting to him.

C+ bow by chapter 5? I’m not sure I can get that...

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is it the route split taking effect 11/12 chapters after you make the choice?

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, the time to continue my mega campaign may not be near yet... but, I might try to keep the Paradox playtime alive with something else. That being, Victoria 2! Using the Historical Project Mod, to go crazy on stuff.

So...

gUJf12a.png

This will be a bumpy ride...

I mean, assuming you’re Mexico, you look like you’re doing fine.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

C+ bow by chapter 5? I’m not sure I can get that...

Hmmm, how far away is she?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Is it the route split taking effect 11/12 chapters after you make the choice?

See, this is why I should have made it more clear it was kind of a prompt to get people to fill in what they felt was the worst.

And to be fair, that is one to fit under the story issues, but I'm a bit less harsh on White Clouds overlaps (though more differentiation would be preferred)