Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You know, the lil' Spotpass chapters.

If there were any that didn’t give a recruitable character, I never even considered playing them.

And of the ones that did, I don’t remember any mention of Phila.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, i think PoR is easier.

PoR is slightly challenging until people start snowballing and the game falls off a cliff.

Half of Awakening's starter cast are snowballed to begin with, so the game is born at the bottom of the abyss.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

so the game is born at the bottom of the abyss.

Well that’s not true, because you can’t go below the bottom of the abyss.

Remember to leave room for the mid to late game.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Well that’s not true, because you can’t go below the bottom of the abyss.

Fear.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Remember to leave room for the mid to late game.

Hooooooo, boy...

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't think any of them are particularly easy, tbh. Nice, chill difficulties to contrast with the more demanding levels the games offer.

My problem with games like Three Houses, Awakening and Path of Radiance is that the choice is between mindlessly easy and bullshit hard. None of these games have well designed difficult modes, so I'm left without an option that I can enjoy.

Path of Radiance is that the choice is between mindlessly easy and bullshit hard. None of these games have well designed difficult modes, so I'm left without an option that I can enjoy.

Meh, Path of Radiance Hard is alright. Maniac is pure tedium. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

i think PoR Hard is way way too easy

I mean, it was on the easier side, but it was okay overall for me. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But also, i don't see PoR in a vacuum, but a prequel and a player preparation to the much much harder game, Radiant Dawn.

Ehhhh I don't know, a 30-something chapter-long prologue is a bit too much if the difficulty's going to consistently remain at prologue levels. At that point I'd much rather just skip the prologue altogether and get to the real deal, haha.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, one of the things I love most is having an army of super soldiers to mow down enemies. It's fun in a mindless kind of way to balance out the more strategic aspects.

I've seen a lot of people who feel this way. I understand and respect it. I just don't find it fun at all to just move units forward, press A a bunch of times and then watch the game play itself. But that's just me, of course.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I just wanna see him do the Tree chapter hahahaa

When is that?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I just don’t understand Nintendo. Are we being played?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sooks really wants Ruben to get to Awakening's mid-game. Sooks revels in another one's suffering.

But it’s Ruben. That gets me a full pass.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I just wanna see him do the Tree chapter hahahaa

I see someone is full of optimism.

I mean, I want to see that too, but...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

She looks 12

Don't worry, she's 5! This ain't in 0, though.

Good morning, all!

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhhh I don't know, a 30-something chapter-long prologue is a bit too much if the difficulty's going to consistently remain at prologue levels. At that point I'd much rather just skip the prologue altogether and get to the real deal, haha

While true, PoR is also very beginner friendly and i think it was intended to be like that. Maybe if i play it now instead of it being like my 3rd FE or something i would see it like you, but i learned alot of the FE tricks i use now thanks to PoR and it's really superb tutortial

For some reason Metal Gear Nanomachines does something weird to my computer's colors when I boot it. Most noticeably, it turns the grays in Serenes into a drab yellow, but if I google the color gray, the images do show up as a proper gray.

Weird...

Just now, Spara said:

Chapter 16.

And where am I, again?

...Chapter 10. Huh. Well, unless the game's quality plummets even further, I think I can do chapter 16.

While true, PoR is also very beginner friendly and i think it was intended to be like that. Maybe if i play it now instead of it being like my 3rd FE or something i would see it like you, but i learned alot of the FE tricks i use now thanks to PoR and it's really superb tutortial

This is true, very true. The real problem with PoR is not hard being easy, it's maniac being horrendously designed. If Maniac was good, my opinion of the game wouldn't be so negative. Then again, I can say this about a lot of games in the series. There's a reason the DS games are my favorites. They handled difficulty best... Outside of ambush spawns, but well, personally, I can forgive them for that when they're the only FEs where the difficulty choices aren't all miserable.

...Chapter 10. Huh. Well, unless the game's quality plummets even further, I think I can do chapter 16.

I'm one of the people who broadly likes Awakening's earlygame, and even I fecking despite Chapter 16. It's all of the little problems with each map before, but all smashed together into a massive piece of garbage that I wish I could light on fire. 

WjsyJ3d.png

Lookt my girl goooooooo

Also now that i reached turn 10 and save point...

Time to go all in

Even on top i think i can take it lol. I just saved so i can play this turn risky haha

They handled difficulty best

For me it's Conquest

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Fates Birthright has a rather well-designed difficulty curve. Hard is nicely balanced, for the most part.

I've no say on the matter, I've not played that route. What I have heard is not good, though. Doesn't Ryoma just solo the entire game? That sounds an awful lot like PoR, and SS, and Awakening...

1 minute ago, Spara said:

It's all of the little problems with each map before, but all smashed together into a massive piece of garbage that I wish I could light on fire. 

Looks like we know where I'm quitting, then!

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

RD normal is also a very nice challenge.

I'd agree if Ike didn't exist.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

WjsyJ3d.png

Lookt my girl goooooooo

That's Merida for ya. Too bad I don't get her in my current run, 'cuz I'm trying to get alt scenes and recruitments.