1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hans and Iago after seeing Corrin spare everyone YET AGAIN:

21 Best Thanos quotes from his MCU Journey

Gunter: "Haha, I escaped."

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

SPOILER_Do09k9TXoAAl0Ah.png

you sure about that?

A A A A O O

How could you do that?! You know I'm a sensitive person! You can't just drop anime on me like that, without warning!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So... IS did a good lord first?

No, not really. Kaga still has Leif, who is awesome.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do all of these happen throughout the story or is it like Three Houses’ S support?

like S-support

But unlike FE support system, you can't ship characters together, only MC with everyone. Everyone else is just an extension of the MC's will and him being a fucking black hole....

Characters don'T even interact with each other most of the time, only with fucking Rean

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How could you do that?! You know I'm a sensitive person! You can't just drop anime on me like that, without warning!

you asked for it 😛

and now i am hating my life again i need to forget about modern Trails for a bit.

Edited by Shrimperor

No, not really. Kaga still has Leif, who is awesome.

Ah right, the game that I totally played.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But unlike FE support system, you can't ship characters together, only MC with everyone.

...So, Three Houses.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and now i am hating my life again i need to forget about modern Trails for a bit.

I shall whisper the holy name to cheer you up.

Estelle.

...That's the one, isn't it?

Dew it.

I mean, I played it. With the old patch. And I as we all know am kinda shit at FE.

As evidence I present most of my FE gameplay comments in this thread.

Edited by Dayni

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...So, Three Houses

Three houses character can support each other, interact with each other and end up with each other.

Aside from one pair who was able to escape the Black Hole, there's no such thing in cold steel. 

I shall whisper the holy name to cheer you up.

Estelle.

...That's the one, isn't it?

She's my fav. character of all time, true, but sadly, not even she is enough to cheer me up when talking about modern Trails.

I said this before: compared to how much i hate modern Trails, Bightbow might as well love awakening.

Edited by Shrimperor

Three houses character can support each other, interact with each other and end up with each other.

I still think it was handled way better in Fates. I mean, sure, I'm not fond of the matchmaking aspect, but at least there were actual gameplay benefits to it. Plus, you could easily choose your ships, as opposed to leaving it to the whims of Three Houses's extremely dumb and convoluted system.

My point is, Better Than Fates can go suck my dick. That argument could not be any more wrong.

She's my fav. character of all time, true, but sadly, not even she is enough to cheer me up when talking about modern Trails.

I said this before: compared to how much i hate modern Trails, Bightbow might as well love awakening.

Let us change the subject, then: Bench Sophie so I can bring both Felicia and Disgraceman back into the team, yay or nay?

s change the subject, then: Bench Sophie so I can bring both Felicia and Disgraceman back into the team, yay or nay

Yay. Anything to bring back best Fates girl.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let us change the subject, then: Bench Sophie so I can bring both Felicia and Disgraceman back into the team, yay or nay?

Yay, Leo with S support Felicia pair up is quite good, and Felicia is quite good in her own if you have a flame shuriken.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yay!

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yay. Anything to bring back best Fates girl.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yay, Leo with S support Felicia pair up is quite good, and Felicia is quite good in her own if you have a flame shuriken.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Look, deeprealms children may be a super stupid concept, but it's an incentive to actually try and pair people up, and it adds more units and maps which greatly adds to the replayability. Plus, as I said, it's easy to pick the pairing that you like best. Just gotta pick the S support you want, boom, done.

What the fuck kinda purpose do Three Houses's S supports serve? Nothing. Nothing, that's what. It's there so otakus can marry their waifu of choice, and it does didly fucking squat otherwise. Oh, but no, wait I'm lying - it does do something! It gives you a CG of the respective waifu - and for fuck's sake, the fucking CGs don't even look good most of the time! They're terrible! Most egregious of all, they get the fucking designs wrong in a few of them!

As for endings between characters, that's even worse, because you can't even pick the one you want easily! Characters only get C and B supports because the As have to serve the same purpose as the old Ss, and this leads to people proposing five times and then going with someone for virtually no discernible reason! But then, why should I care? It doesn't do anything! It doesn't add maps, or characters, or items, or literally anything! It's just a slightly different bit of text in the ending! It's like in the old FEs, but worse, because now you have to worry about the game marrying the wrong people because nobody even knows how the game decides between the pairings!

So yeah, tl;dr: Better Than Fates can go suck my dick. That argument could not be any more wrong. If the series doubles back and tries to be more like Fates than the shitty-ass overrated piece of garbage they call Triple Homes, I'll be one hell of a goddamned happy fan. Cock shit and potatoes, fuck ass.

...Now, may I ask that someone counts the amount of curses I said in those paragraphs? I'm legit curious now, I lost count halfway through the second paragraph...

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not to mention Sophie's gimmick is just stupid

I mean, not gonna lie, I laughed out loud when I first saw it, but the poor girl is too bad. Elise mom is just no good. Eh, at least I got... whatever the villagers gave me as a reward out of it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look, deeprealms children may be a super stupid concept, but it's an incentive to actually try and pair people up, and it adds more units and maps which greatly adds to the replayability. Plus, as I said, it's easy to pick the pairing that you like best. Just gotta pick the S support you want, boom, done.

What the fuck kinda purpose do Three Houses's S supports serve? Nothing. Nothing, that's what. It's there so otakus can marry their waifu of choice, and it does didly fucking squat otherwise. Oh, but no, wait I'm lying - it does do something! It gives you a CG of the respective waifu - and for fuck's sake, the fucking CGs don't even look good most of the time! They're terrible! Most egregious of all, they get the fucking designs wrong in a few of them!

As for endings between characters, that's even worse, because you can't even pick the one you want easily! Characters only get C and B supports because the As have to serve the same purpose as the old Ss, and this leads to people proposing five times and then going with someone for virtually no discernible reason! But then, why should I care? It doesn't do anything! It doesn't add maps, or characters, or items, or literally anything! It's just a slightly different bit of text in the ending! It's like in the old FEs, but worse, because now you have to worry about the game marrying the wrong people because nobody even knows how the game decides between the pairings!

So yeah, tl;dr: Better Than Fates can go suck my dick. That argument could not be any more wrong. If the series doubles back and tries to be more like Fates than the shitty-ass overrated piece of garbage they call Triple Homes, I'll be one hell of a goddamned happy fan. Cock shit and potatoes, fuck ass.

...Now, may I ask that someone counts the amount of curses I said in those paragraphs? I'm legit curious now, I lost count halfway through the second paragraph...

Supports/character relationships/whatever don’t have to affect the gameplay to be good.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's like in the old FEs, but worse, because now you have to worry about the game marrying the wrong people because nobody even knows how the game decides between the pairings!

Let it not be said that I think 3H's handling of supports in gameplay ends up working out. Not merely on that front, but because the gameplay impact of supports end up pretty much bland AF. There's a few that have might as well, but other than that it's a flat hit/evade.

There's plenty that 3H should not set the standard on, but then again I would hope that the series wouldn't be one style forever because it would drain me.

8, with 5 fucks.

Elise is an amazing Magic mom

Sophie isn't a magic unit however.

Yes, exactly.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Supports/character relationships/whatever don’t have to affect the gameplay to be good.

If all you care about is the story and characters, then yeah, sure. If your priority is the gameplay? Hell yeah they do. Three Houses's supports may be better, but here's the thing: I actively try to get supports in Fates, because they serve a purpose and the text is a fun little bonus. In Three Houses every time I finished a map and checked the support list I went "oh God no, why do supports grow so quickly in this game, now I have to sit here and read for 20 minutes."

And don't get me wrong, I liked them. I did sit and read them. But then again, here's something that may surprise ya: I also enjoy Fates's supports. I really don't think Three Houses's supports are so much better than Fates's - certainly not enough as to compensate for their complete lack of utility. Like, even in the old games, they may not've granted new characters and chapters, but they had more of an impact due to the stat bonuses they granted. You got them for a reason. In Three Houses, as far as I could see, they were nearly useless!

Just now, Dayni said:

Let it not be said that I think 3H's handling of supports in gameplay ends up working out. Not merely on that front, but because the gameplay impact of supports end up pretty much bland AF. There's a few that have might as well, but other than that it's a flat hit/evade.

Yes, that's something I forgot to point out (I was going to correct it when you posted). Not only do they have less impact than in Fates, they have less impact than in the entire fucking series. I swear they just do nothing!

Just now, Dayni said:

8, with 5 fucks.

Huh. I would've expected more.

. I really don't think Three Houses's supports are so much better than Fates's

dat's a hot take

In Three Houses, as far as I could see, they were nearly useless!

I found bond supports pretty useful, honestly. +3 to +9 Atk with the right setup isn't something to scoff at.

Edited by Shrimperor

If all you care about is the story and characters, then yeah, sure. If your priority is the gameplay? Hell yeah they do. Three Houses's supports may be better, but here's the thing: I actively try to get supports in Fates, because they serve a purpose and the text is a fun little bonus. In Three Houses every time I finished a map and checked the support list I went "oh God no, why do supports grow so quickly in this game, now I have to sit here and read for 20 minutes."

And don't get me wrong, I liked them. I did sit and read them.

Yeah but that’s a you thing. Shrimpy was saying that in Three Houses the other characters have genuine relationships with the other characters instead of just being extensions of the self insert, to which you responded Fates was better. Now, while Fates supports are much better for gameplay, the text is a complete after thought for the most part and just them throwing their gimmicks at each other for four convos because they needed something to put there, so I wouldn’t say it does a great job at all of making the characters feel like they actually have a relationship or whatever-

I also enjoy Fates's supports.

what.